Chapter 67-B: Flying Baskets in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

two older brothers

Post by Martin Calloway »

Mikado and Griffin

The questions that you asked of Griffin Mikado were those that I would expect sort of from an older brother, watching his kid sister go out on a date!

"Well, fellow .... what is it exactly that you do? and how long have you been doing it?" < g>

Griffin is probably smiling at us during this process but you can see it in the tenor of the questions asked that there is a thread of protectiveness for the material that Paul has developed and of course the memory of Townsend Brown.

Suddenly we are all introduced to you Griffin. Here is someone who is writing about Townsend Brown, has, he said, met the man ... of course we want to know as much about him as we can! If not himself personally then what his project is about and how he is planning to use the information that he apparently got years ago and is also gleaning from this forum currently. Our expectations and welcome bubble to the surface.

BUT I have to admit I am a suspicious character. Call me the oldest brother, Griffin! I am just a little tougher than Mikado. I would appreciate some rather specific replies.

When you met Dr. Brown on the Island, What was the setting? And the date? Specifically please. Did you meet at his office? At the Bird Park? At a restaurant downtown? I am not asking this out of idle curiousity but to verify that you indeed DID meet with Dr. Brown. This is a matter of credibility and is actually a doorway through which I would think you would be anxious to cross.

Griffin, Looking forward to hearing about what I am sure was a wonderful day with Dr. Brown. Martin
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: two older brothers

Post by Mikado14 »

Martin Calloway wrote:Mikado and Griffin

The questions that you asked of Griffin Mikado were those that I would expect sort of from an older brother, watching his kid sister go out on a date!

"Well, fellow .... what is it exactly that you do? and how long have you been doing it?" < g>

Griffin is probably smiling at us during this process but you can see it in the tenor of the questions asked that there is a thread of protectiveness for the material that Paul has developed and of course the memory of Townsend Brown.

Suddenly we are all introduced to you Griffin. Here is someone who is writing about Townsend Brown, has, he said, met the man ... of course we want to know as much about him as we can! If not himself personally then what his project is about and how he is planning to use the information that he apparently got years ago and is also gleaning from this forum currently. Our expectations and welcome bubble to the surface.

BUT I have to admit I am a suspicious character. Call me the oldest brother, Griffin! I am just a little tougher than Mikado. I would appreciate some rather specific replies.

When you met Dr. Brown on the Island, What was the setting? And the date? Specifically please. Did you meet at his office? At the Bird Park? At a restaurant downtown? I am not asking this out of idle curiousity but to verify that you indeed DID meet with Dr. Brown. This is a matter of credibility and is actually a doorway through which I would think you would be anxious to cross.

Griffin, Looking forward to hearing about what I am sure was a wonderful day with Dr. Brown. Martin
Well, it's my Big Brother Martin, haven't seen you for awhile and Mom says Hi. <g> Being the "little" brother, does that mean that I can stick my proverbial foot in my mouth and you will help me to extricate it? I hope so.

Griffin, if you are writing a book and you are as far along as you say (working on the final draft) why not do what Paul has done. Make up a website along with a forum. Paul, I am sure, can attest to how helpful it is in the process of research and critiquing.

Or if you don't want the expense, how about just making a myspace account and posting a sample of your Adamski research? I would very much, and I am sure others here, would love to read some of your work.

Paul has essentially put all of his kehones (sorry Flowperson) on the table for all to see. Just give us an appetizer, a preview of coming attractions, a "Whitmans Sampler" if you will, anything as to your work.

Paul has the only remaining blueprint, which was by chance saved and isn't much, from a long time ago to prove to him something from me. How about a chapter of your meeting with Dr. Brown? That would answer my Big Brother and I.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Mikado... No apologies needed here.

Yeah...I know...you are obligated to spell it that way because you live in the "KEYSTONE STATE", while those of us who abide this life in the Southwest are "obliged", pardner, to use the Spanish version. Of course in Colorado they are sometimes referred to as "oysters". What a strange and diverse world we attempt to persist in...eh ?

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:Mikado... No apologies needed here.

Yeah...I know...you are obligated to spell it that way because you live in the "KEYSTONE STATE", while those of us who abide this life in the Southwest are "obliged", pardner, to use the Spanish version. Of course in Colorado they are sometimes referred to as "oysters". What a strange and diverse world we attempt to persist in...eh ?

Ah but Mr. Flowperson, that is what is sweet about life....the diversity....and gives us all something to talk about over the campfire with.....was that s'mores?

Best,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Brothers-

This reminds me how some of the contactees in the fifties, whose stories I’m relating as part of the interrelated tapestry of my book, referred to those I call the Visitants as “the Brothers.â€
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

The cats name

Post by twigsnapper »

In response to your little Pelican and cat story related to you by Dr. Brown.

Linda informs me that the cats name was LeRoy and she was pleased to hear the story and will be happy to help you if and however she can.

And of course, as you have figured by now, Where that Lady goes, I pretty much follow. Best Regards twigsnapper
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Cause he's bad, bad, LeRoy Brown,

Baddest cat in the whole d*mn town ? :wink:
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Linda Brown and Twigsnapper,

Thank you.

As ever,

Griffin
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

as a matter of fact

Post by twigsnapper »

Andrew, Very funny. Damned cat was the baddest one around. He and Dr. Brown had an agreement. There was a drinking fountain at the base of the pier. Cat would wait for Dr. Brown to show up because he knew that the good Dr. would turn the fountain on for him and then wait while he drank.

And Griffin. It might surprise you that at the time of your meeting with Dr. Brown he was not actually living on Catalina but on Coronado Island and he had come to visit his family on Catalina during the time he visited also with you.

I was not privy to the conversation at the time that he had with you but he may have mentioned his interest in a project called DUMAND which is something I had a passing interest in. Perhaps he mentioned it because it was on his mind quite a bit that October. twigsnapper
Griffin
Senior Officer

DUMAND

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

I don’t remember the name DUMAND being mentioned specifically. But it was quite an active conversation, mostly on his part, so he might have touched on the subject without mentioning the name.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

He brought up a project he was espousing that he was having a hard time generating enough interest in from his colleagues because it seemed too much like astrology. It may have been present or past tense. I think I understand what he meant and why he thought it was important. He mentioned SRI, and I think it was in this connection. I’m glad he told his fish story, as it gave me a reference for how I felt at several points during our conversation. But over time, various things have become clear.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

I'm signing off for now. That's all, folks!

Griffin
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Griffin...G-d's speed and write on !

Dancing is better than marching
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

all very interesting

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Welcome Griffin! I didn't catch how you knew TTB.

Hi V! Hi foxxy! Hi Twiggy (jk !!) Hi Twigsnapper! Hi Paul! Hi everyone else :) Hi husband!! (haven't talked to you in awhile either)

It has been a long time since I posted. Paul, that second version sounded a lot more In Presence.

Some typos, but I'll get to those in next post - next week, after Sunday, oct 7, 12 noon.

There's been a request out for scholarly assessement on the Biblical references. I'd love to comment, but I cannot at this time because I am immersed in schoolwork - case studies, reports, reading :evil: . [Yes, I went back to school.... 8) ]

After next weekend, I'll probably be quite prolific, but then the topic will be old?? Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around... in pieces.

Surf's up!

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein