Chapter 67-B: Flying Baskets in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 67-B: Flying Baskets in the Bible

Post by Paul S. »

Linda Brown's response to "The Culpepper Challenge"

viewtopic.php?p=8875#8875

can now be found here:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... skets.html

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

style!

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thank you Linda for responding this way to Marks challenge. I love your writing style! It was if I was right there with Tula and Dr. Brown. I could practically taste Josephines " killer " spaghetti! And I tried to figure what my mind would have been doing in that conversation!

Paul there are a couple of typos that am sure are not intentional and maybe even computer driven. Lke the 3/4 marks here and there, which are a little distracting.

But in all I think its a great chapter and really fits into how differently the same situation can be seen by two people. But of course Linda would have known nearly word for word what that discussion was going to be because she had already heard it.

Sort of like me listening to my Grandpa talk about the mustang that he tried to hitch to a plow. ( I don't think he spent enough time with the training!) Long story, shortened up! It was dark before he caught up to that horse and plow, by following the skipping groove in the fields! I loved that story when I first heard it when I was a kid ( about 9 or 10.) and actualy I wish he was around to tell it again!

So I know what that was like for Linda. Years later Grandpa could tell my friends that same story and I still loved it and knew it by heart. I expect it was the same for Linda. (But its special to be able to write so well to get it down like that.)

And thanks for suggesting this Mark!

Can you just imagine what these ladies journals must be like!!! And you wondered how she could even be literate after going to so many schools! I think she probably had some pretty good teachers even though she never stayed in one place very long! What was it? four moves a year? Something like that?

I am still thinking about tht part where he mentions what Jesus said about meeting Elijah and Moses. Jesus did tell his desciples that. I looked it up. So ...... I am with Tula on this one ..... WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Oops

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: Paul there are a couple of typos that am sure are not intentional and maybe even computer driven. Lke the 3/4 marks here and there, which are a little distracting.
That's something that the Mac version of Dreamweaver does - "3/4" instead of a long dash. Should be fixed now. What else? Radomir and Andrew usually act as my proofreaders...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

help out please

Post by grinder »

OK . I give up. I have to admit my total lack of knowledge about the section of the Bible that Dr. Brown is mentioning here. Though all of this really sounds familiar. Have we talked about this before? I'd like to read this part for myself but I can not find it and don't even know where to start looking.

I KNOW some of you out ther are scholars of the Bible. Can you help me out. I don't want a translation or a interpretation. I just need the spot. Thanks so much! grinder
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thank you Linda and Paul...What a wonderful addition to the book. Very honest and "down to earth". I'm surprised that TTB didn't bring Ezekiel and his "wheels within wheels " analogies into the mix though. That's probably the most explicit set of reference to "saucer doings" in the Old Testament. But, you know, it took place in Babylon, a place where confusion rules.

Thanks again, and thanks to your friend Tula for witnessing so well.

Some might also be surprised to learn that Muhammed, pbuh, had a similar experience when a white horse carried him to the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem and he met and prayed with Moses and Jesus before ascending from the rock to dwell in G-d's presence and glory for a while. In ntoday's climate of suspicion and hate, such stories aren't told enough.

flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

A strange link , to give you a taste of the connections.
I found ivory and gold interesting?
http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/isis/iu1-05.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

strange similarities

I immediately recognized the work of H. P. Blavatsky, thanks kevin and was drawn to this part of her biography. Gee . who does this sort of sound like?

http://www.blavatskyarchives.com/longseal.htm

"Helena was an exceptional child, and at an early age was aware of being different from those around her. Her possession of certain psychic powers puzzled her family and friends. At once impatient of all authority, yet deeply sensitive, she was gifted in many ways. A clever linguist, a talented pianist and a fine artist, she was yet a fearless rider of half-broken horses, and always in close touch with nature. At a very early age she sensed that she was in some way dedicated to a life of service, and was aware of a special guidance and protection."

If no one else sees the similarity then I will just keep it for myself. Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Victoria Steele,
The important word was ,
Recognise.
I sense there will be 144.000 that will recognise, and meet in groups of twelve.
They will recognise each other.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

recognizing

kevin, you are amazing. I am not sure I understand, but I think that you are right somehow.

Linda Brown,

Thank you so much for giving us your version of the "conversation about Flying Saucers story". I imagine that Tula was pretty wound up after that particular talk, expecially if she wasn't accustomed to considering that kind of stuff.

This thing about Jesus telling his companions the he was talking with Elijah and Moses. I remember that too particularly but for some reason never looked into the idea that they might have been " dimension/time shifting" and then out of my Sunday school head comes the other thing that I think that Jesus said was something like " Moses saw this day and was glad".
( Help me out here you Bible scholars!!! I know that there are some of you out there! Or maybe some of the more ridgid types got upset and huffed off at the thought that we might actually be offering what might someday be a scientific explanation to something Jesus was doing?. Oh. I can tell already that this part is going to generate a lot of discussion and I am really looking forward to it.

And not talking about the " wheel within a wheel?" Well maybe Dr. Brown figured that Tula could only stand so much input at a particular time.

How much fun it must have been to have spent the summer with the Browns and to know them all personally. So Tula..... are you ever going to tell us if you saw this " Juan " fellow again? Paul came up with sort of a strange answer to that one so I guess that we will just have to wait huh.

And so by the way Paul? A chapter this week? You are feeding a monster, remember. Put a chapter where the mouth is! (please!) Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Victoria Steele,
I have become ever more interested in the bible.
I first looked at it when I was accused in a church of doing the devils work.
The almost vicious way this lady verbally attacked me was intriguing.
I asked her to explain why and where she got the idea about a dowser been from the devil and she said "It says so in the bible, and that is G-ds word "
It's not easy working your way through that book.
First thing I found was Moses banging a rock with his staff and water gushing from it, dowser I thought.
Then I twigged how to look at that book, just think electrically.
You can hardly open any page and not be able to see what its all about.

We are electrical, we have been encased inwards with our five senses controlling this.
We have mastered the five senses realm.
But once you comprehend that there are many more senses and that what your five senses feed into your head is just a snippet, then it is a little strange when you begin to utilise other senses.

Hence Alice in Wonderland, the man who wrote that was a quantum mathmatician in a different time.
I suspect that many of the university proffesors around that time were also puffing away on certain pipes.

If someone looses one or more of those five senses , the other remaining ones raise up and help to overcome the loss, we need to raise up other senses, as the feed into them is pouring in from the position the planet is going into.
So if you think this rabbit hole is strange, wait until other parallel rabbit holes appear, theres nothing to fear, except fear.
kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:I have become ever more interested in the bible.
I first looked at it when I was accused in a church of doing the devils work.
The almost vicious way this lady verbally attacked me was intriguing.
In picturing all this happening to you over there in England I am just unable to get that Monty Python line out of my head. "How do you know she is a witch"?........."Because she looks like one".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bs515rZOdk

Is this sort of how it happened to you?

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: help out please

Post by greggvizza »

grinder wrote:OK . I give up. I have to admit my total lack of knowledge about the section of the Bible that Dr. Brown is mentioning here. Though all of this really sounds familiar. Have we talked about this before? I'd like to read this part for myself but I can not find it and don't even know where to start looking.

I KNOW some of you out ther are scholars of the Bible. Can you help me out. I don't want a translation or a interpretation. I just need the spot. Thanks so much! grinder
If you are referring to the part where Elijah gets beamed up, it is 2nd Kings chapter 2 verse 11.

GV
grinder
Senior Officer

thanks but ...

Post by grinder »

Thanks so much Gregg for that but actually I was looking for the part where Jesus is accompanied by a couple of his companions. A bright light shows up, they bury their faces in fear but I guess still see him with two other figures. Later Jesus tells his companions that it was Moses and Elijah.''

Now that leaves a person with an interesting choice. If we believe what Jesus is actually telling his men does that mean that the Bible itself has recorded some sort of interdimensional happening?

On the other hand ... would he have lied to them?

I frankly prefer the first choice.

Gregg ... can you help me find the part in the Bible that mentions that situation? And .... whats your take on it? I would be interested to know. grinder
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Grinder-

It’s Matthew 17:3 and preceding it, in Matthew 17:2, the transfiguration of Jesus is described with face shining like the sun and clothes as white and bright as light. Definitely sounds interdimensional.

As ever,

Griffin
grinder
Senior Officer

that "cloud "again

Post by grinder »

I will leave it to others to interpret that whole passage ( thanks Griffin for finding it for me.)

A " bright cloud that overshadows them" and then speaks to them ....................................................................... and then later......

" And as they came downfrom the mountain Jesus charged them saying " Tell the vision to no man until the Son of Man be risen again from the dead"

Pretty obviously He knew what the future held and there is something to this occurance that had its own timeline, or he wouldn't have asked them to wait before speaking of it.

Oh, I recognize that there are all kinds of interpretations that can be put on this passage but I agree here with Griffin that something odd is happening here and I for one, Mr. Jones , don't know what it is.

BUT .... since this is a discussion of Townsend Brown this ( thanks to Linda Browns latest contribution) gives us an insight into what HE considered important and somehow relevent to the issues at hand or he would never have mentioned this passage to Tula. THATS really what I find interesting in all of this. Not the passage so much itself but the fact that he chose to mention it and then ...... almost forty years later. Linda chooses to recall that conversation. THATS whats interesting. grinder