Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

connections

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I personally believe that somewhere somehow there is a connection between Dr. Brown and Reverend Downing. If you read any of his book at all you will discover that Dr. Browns conversation with Tula is almost literally drawn from the same well that the Reverend was drawing from at the time.

I don't know when he was actively writing his book, or where he was at the time but it was finally published by Lippincott, New York in 1968.

Knowing how things go, he may have been in the middle of writing it in 1966.

http://www.20kweb.com/weird_stuff/ufo_b ... ction.html

Check this out and you will see the striking similarities in subjects . And this which was Dr. Downings own conclusion regarding where Heaven was.

"Downing further theorizes that Einstein's curvature of space theory provides a clue to the place where heaven is located. The author contends Jesus may have meant that the kingdom of heaven quite literally rests in the midst of us, meaning that heaven is on an entirely different plane or wave length, invisible to us, but existing parallel to our own and connected by bends or warps in the space-time continuum."

Sound about right, all you kids on the bus? Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

you are right, of course

Post by Mark Culpepper »

You are right of course Elizabeth. ( so happy to see you back with us, I was getting worried about you!)

Everybody look at this again

http://www.20kweb.com/weird_stuff/ufo_b ... ction.html

And these are just samples:

In the book, Downing says the bible clearly points out how UFOs played a strong role in the evolution of the Hebrew-Christian faith. For example, Downing believes the Scriptures suggest that Jesus' resurrection occurred when he was beamed up from Earth by a flying saucer.

Downing also believes that the bright cloud that led the people of Israel through the Red Sea, parting the waters and then engulfing the Egyptians, was a UFO.

The Author even claims it was space beings who spoke to Moses from the middle of a glowing thicket, and later spoke to Elijah outside the cave, forcing the prophet to shield his eyes because of the brightness. A UFO took Jesus away at the Ascension, and hovered over Paul and his followers on the Damascus Road, Downing contends"

Damascus Road? Haven't we already had a nice long discussion about the bright light that met up with Saul ( before he changed his name to Paul) on the road to Damascus.

Reverend Downing? Are you aware of our forum? Do you know anything at all about the work of Townsend Brown? Could he join us here? Paul? Can we invite him? I think that he has been on this path for a very long time now and he I am sure has much more to say. MarkC
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote: Do you believe dreams to be linear playbacks generated in "rem" periods of sleep that rationalize and organize the experiences of our lives into scenarios that we can place in an ordered framework, or do you believe them to be non-linear transmissions of views and sounds imposed upon our brain processes from "outside origins" to send us purposeful messages to be acted out in our "real" lives. Or...do you like me believe dreams to be some of both.
What I call a download is not a dream, it is always in color or the subject is in color or the central meaning. It can be very emotional and can go from euphoria to tears and all between.

On the other hand, a dream is nothing more to me than the processing of the days activities into a file cabinet of my mind for future reference and it is always in black and white.
flowperson wrote:What is your opinion regarding who/what is sending us such non-linear brain wave based messages if the second scenario is your experience and choice ?
I don't believe anyone other than my higher self to be sending communication to me either directly or via the akashic record to answer questions that I put forth. Some times I receive answers and sometimes I don't. I will give an answer to a name I asked Mr Twigsnapper of a while back. Hilaren is the keeper of technology in the library.

flowperson wrote:I'm just interested in your opinion. Not looking for any spiritual truths. Because of what I know of "sleep pattern research" and possible avenues to transmit wireless signals to a passive brain, I am interested about your take on all of this.
I would NEVER put spiritual truths, mine or anothers out there unless asked of MY truths. I have given you as direct an anwer as I feel I can and I hope this satisfies the "cat" in you <g>.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Mikados "dream"

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:I think its a little of both and maybe something else too Flow, regarding Mikados dream. I do think its information from "outside" somehow but the rest of it is sort of a tuning device. It has to go through our own internal subconcious organization and that is different with each person. I mentioned it before when I said that I believed that we were wind chimes just waiting for that magic wind to allow us to sing.
Hello there red! And as you know, the time distortion of those "downloads" is not always accurate.....remember "Randy"?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

APB

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Reverend Downing? Are you aware of our forum? Do you know anything at all about the work of Townsend Brown? Could he join us here? Paul? Can we invite him? I think that he has been on this path for a very long time now and he I am sure has much more to say.
Any of you cyber sleuths want to take a crack at finding the good Rev Downing? He's probably still out there somewhere...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

mistakes

Post by Victoria Steele »

Mikado,

Well, " Randy was a bigger mistake for me than he was for you, trust me.

I understand exactly what you mean by a " download".

I have had them occasionally. Always in brilliant color. Always unbidden. ( For me I have never been able to " force " a " download to happen. And sometimes it happens alot and sometimes I can go for months and months of total quiet.

I think that we are all different. Thats why its so hard for each of us to understand the other. Looking for the universal truth has to be, as you said, a simple understanding of what it is for each of us personally.

Problem with most over enthusiastic " download recipients is that they take that download and try to cram it down in others .... it just doesn't work like that.

I think that if Bransons Twelve have any real value it is that they seem to understand that basic principal ... that we are all individuals and valued separately. I think gone are the days when the masses need to turn to the high priest for information about Heaven. Heaven seems to be coming to us individually. Which is what was said all along ...... but of course that doesn't always work with established religions.

Interesting to me that you remember your dreams in black and white particularly. I think mine remain in color but generally don't mean a whole lot except maybe that my brain has been trying to sort things and working overtime.

Dreams that stand out for me though ( for me) usually end up being a sort of precognitive thing. And usually when I feel myself slipping into part of the dream ( that red car, for example, turning the corner) then I can generally tell what is going to happen during the next couple of minutes. Its the oddest thing but I have learned to take those " trigger" moments quite seriously and you would be surprised how helpful that can be.

I wonder if Morgan has wonderful dreams and what they might be like? I wonder if he is prone to " downloads" I rather expect thats true. And Linda I think would probably be able to blow us all out of the water with her background with her father, who probably was as close to totally connected as a person can get. Interesting theme, REALLY Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thanks Mikado, I would not expect anything other than the excellent analysis that you gave. I appreciate it.

On the other hand there are the various scientific efforts afoot to examine and expand the phenomenon of "lucid dreaming" in which the dreamer enters his/her own dreams by force of will and psychological self-conditioning with the purpose of directing their dreams' outcomes. This seems to be a thriving and growing set of efforts, especially in California institutions. Where else ?

As far as heaven being very close to us, I would remind all here of G-d's repeated admonishments to humans in the Old Testament that He is closer to us all than our "neck veins". I believe that's true when we begin to consider current proposals concerniing multidimensional universal energy arrangements, with many of the dimensions folded up and rolled into very small structures. Thank you Lisa !

Paul...Thomas Twonsend Brown...Xerxes/sexreX...petro voltaics...Wilhelm Reich...orgone energies..."what's the frequency Kenneth" ? Try connecting those dots.

flow....:wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Elizabeth,

Your two recent posts prompted me to comment. Back in the forties, fifties and even up into the present day, there has been the “how could they travel such vast distancesâ€
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

devils or angels

Good classic example of the "either/or " problem
take a look at this quote ...

"At the opposite end of the spectrum are some members of the Christian Orthodox Church 1 who find it impossible to accept that there is any goodness in the elusive and contradictory nature of UFO behaviour. The most extreme expression of this view is that there can be no ETs because life on other planets is not mentioned in the Bible. It’s a point of view that leads its proponents to a further conclusion: if there are no aliens in the Bible and the UFO occupants aren’t angels, then UFOs can only be demonic in origin."

drawn from http://www.boingboing.net/2006/10/16/fl ... from-.html

I believe from what I have learned so far that Morgan would be quick to say either ... or .... or a thousand points between.

I have learned this lesson so well in recognizing that absolute trap the minute I hear the word " Either" Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

What's the Frequency ?

Post by Paul S. »

flowperson wrote:Paul...Thomas Twonsend Brown...Xerxes/sexreX...petro voltaics...Wilhelm Reich...orgone energies..."what's the frequency Kenneth" ? Try connecting those dots. flow....:wink:
Too easy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What's_the ... Kenneth%3F

(that link might not work -- the apostrophe is busting it up)
Tager later claimed that he had come from a parallel universe some 200 years in the future. He also claimed that because everyone in the future had a double in the past, he had mistaken Rather for his future double, Vice President Kenneth Burroughs, and that he attacked Rather in an attempt to recover the information needed to stop the television signals being sent to his brain and return to his own time. [2]
All available via YouTube, of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fxfDRYGtjw

or, the "Live with Dan Rather Singing" version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vn_YQ1vTE

My first thought though was the Dennis Quaid movie, "Frequency"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0186151/

...another one about kids trying to contact their father.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Cohabitation

Post by Paul S. »

Griffin wrote:Your hypothesis that they might be from the earth brings it even closer to home, but how could we have been co-habiting with them and not be widely aware of their presence?
Oh hell, I know humans who can do that with other humans who are living right under the same roof...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

I would submit that it's a Both/And situation. It takes some more explanation, but it covers a lot. "Time travel" could be more easily facilitated through a higher dimensional medium due to lower entropy and other factors.

As ever,

Griffin
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Paul...I'd forgotten many of the details, especially the Tager story. After reading the Wiki entry, now it all makes sense to me just why television in the U.S. is being required to switch to digital narrowcast from analog broadcast in '09. It's to enable Burroughs'/Tager's 200 year travelback to Molest Dan Rather...as if he hasn't been molested enough already...Sheesh !

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

how?

Thats a really great question Griffin " How could we cohabitate with them and not be more widely aware of their presence."

And with me at least it strikes alot of chords just as it is stated.

How could we cohabitate with them and not be aware?

Well, to be SEEN and recognized by us you would have to fit yourself within certain parameters of frequency and time which would have to be adjusted to our very limited abilities.

Then add to that the probable capability that those limited perceptions (that humans do have) can probably be easily adjusted to fit the requirements of an intelligent entity which has been here long enough to know that the best protection from humans is to be not recognized as anything at all by them.

What did twigsnapper say? The most dangerous moment for an agent is when he is discovered ... seen .... by his enemy. Unseen, unrecognized, no problem.

The other telling phrase that you used was "more widely aware" which means to me that you are giving the humans who do see through this camouflage credit where it is due and those individuals have always been there saying pretty much the same thing ...." Theres this doorway, through which ..... there is another world"

The rest who are not "aware" are simply those who are filled with their common place lives, doing what they need to do, fulfilling their destinies happily and they have " no need to know". Thats the way its supposed to be, I think.

And I agree with you about the many planes. What was it that Jesus said (but no one really understood I think which makes my heart weep) " My Father has many mansions"

Go Forth with your book. I am excited about what you will have to say and looking forward to reading it! Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Jessup connection

Post by twigsnapper »

This may come as a surprise to many, but Dr. Brown did know Jessup. In point of fact he had financed an earlier trip by Jessup into some remote sections of Mexico having something to do with exciting ancient ruins.

I am not sure how that can be proven out or if Paul is even interested in doing so. But the admiration Jessup held for Dr. Brown was strong.

Through Andrews site you all can read the mention Dr. Brown makes of Jessup in his first lab notebook written in 1955 I believe.

by the way Andrew. Very nice look. http://qualight.com/
twigsnapper