Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Post by Paul S. »

And now for something COMPLETELY different:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... ucers.html

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:And now for something COMPLETELY different:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... ucers.html

--PS
Strange you would use my closing.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:Strange you would use my closing.
Mikado
Actually, that's only the half of it.

I wrote that chapter back in 04 or 05, after meeting Tula and, if memory serves me.... before you signed on here.

I"m actually not all that happy with the way I ended that, but a better ending has yet to manifest itself so I'll stick with that for now.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Well Paul... this is along the lines of what I have been writing, saying, and trying to convince others of for about twenty five years now.

The past and the present are in the future. The past is the future.

The writings in the Bible and other sacred texts are really reflections in time of what is going on today and will in the times to come. Upon reading the KJV Bible always have a Strong's Concordance handy and trace the word meanings, which you question, back to the original Chaldean and Greek. Things will become more understandable in the ways that this chapter talks to. Of course the stories as told and written, as you point out, reflect common understandings of those times.

Most people's eyes and brains just glaze over when you present them with such arguments because it runs so counter to what they have been conditioned to believe. But many people also know about this stuff and are holding their silence until this all becomes more public and is more openly examined and discussed.

About eight years ago I was having a discussion with my pastor before being drummed out of membership in a "progressive" Christian Denomination which I and my mother's family had been affiliated with for about eighty years. And, by the way, I'm still a "believer". I mentioned to him that humankind was currently about 25% of the way into the stories of Genesis. He didn't argue the point. His grandson died unexpectedly soon after that, he retired from his profession (which he was really good at), I had my medals and epaulettes ripped off of my jacket, my second wife divorced me on 9/11 (I'd met her in that church), and I started over...
AGAIN !

NPR is interviweing people on air right now about why we are at war in Iraq. Take a guess.

Excellent chapter Buddy, even as fabricated as it is...yeah. But even Einstein believed in a space/time fabric. He also believed that G-d certainly didn't play dice with the Universe.

flow.... 8)
Last edited by flowperson on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

capacitors

Post by grinder »

Add to that discussion the new one that has started here on the Forum recently about the Ark of the Covenant (which seemed to exist being picked up and moved everytime the " cloud" lifted up and the people followed it. A method of communication between the "cloud" and the tribe below? Worth investigating the thought anyway.

Now people are beginning to think that it might have had some similarities to a special sort of capacitor .... and if that doesn't ring some Townsend Brown theme doorbells, what does.

I am sure that you are going to get all kinds of strange reactions from people who do not want to shake a new sort of interpretation out of the trees ...... but if you did have a technology that ancients would not understand I imagine their description would be all kinds of interesting, for example .... An apache attack helicopter?

And I am curious why you felt the need at this point to bring this subject up? It is a radical departure and though you say that "I made alot of this stuff up" I rather expect, knowing your nature by now just a little bit, that you are pretty darned close to the exact conversation. So I wonder why it needs to be mentioned now?

I don't think that Dr. Brown was trying to "convert" Tula into a certain way of thinking more than just " opening her eyes to the possibilities of different interrpretations. Trying to look outside of the box. And then I think he might have planned to just leave her alone with those new thoughts. Maybe he enjoyed shocking her just a bit which wouldn't have been too hard .

And I am wondering if that is what you are doing with us too right now? grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

needs to be here too (and now it is)

Post by Victoria Steele »

Sorry guys I wrote a post that actually I think needs to be here,

viewtopic.php?p=8801#8801

Sorry for the extra work to read it. Victoria

(Best paste it here, Victoria, and delete it from the other location, lest replies get posted in the wrong place. --PS)

Subject: confused with demons

I know that there are some in certain " Bible Belts" that consider any form of " alien" presence .... demons .....and I would not be surprised if that arguement doesn't surface somewhere along this thread.

It gets you into some interesting conversations when you decide to talk about something that actually frightens people.

Likewise here too. Anything that is not exactly as the Bible says it was will not be taken as the " truth" ( even if it makes a heck of alot more sense)

Frankly I think that the idea that time present, time past and time future can be blended and that mixture makes perfect sense if you just let go of your "one foot has to go in front of the other" sensibilities. Maybe thats not how it happens sometimes. And as has been said before. You mess with gravity and you mess with time .

And why would it be odd to accept the idea that there was another intelligence ( who maybe had that technology available to them) guiding early tribes of man? Who were they? In this kind of " out of the box" subject I contend that "they" might just have been " us" at some point in the future. That makes as much sense as anything to me. Why shouldn't there be sort of a closed loop system here on Earth and if there are more dimensions, which everyone seems to be saying these days hooked to a manipulation of gravity, then why isn't it possible for beings from another " age phase" than our " time" to be able to come back and actually help when and where they can?

And isn't that what Morgan volunteered for. Dr. Brown had asked him." If you could travel in time what would you do?"

So is this why you brought up this subject Paul. Because you are getting ready to tell us that that is what Morgan was doing? We got any proof of that? Maybe thats the gist of this book. If you can get people awake and questioning enough, maybe the proof is out there just waiting to be discovered.

I can see that this discussion will probably take off but those are my two cents.

And I think that we are right now living in the age when we begin to recognize the true nature of time and our human interaction with it. Now and in the past and in the future. Its All one. Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

book on this subject

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Paul .

Refresh my memory. Wasn't there a book on this exact subject? A very careful commentary from a man who was ( still is ) a reverend and a physicist. Perhaps he could wade in on this conversation? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: book on this subject

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Refresh my memory. Wasn't there a book on this exact subject? A very careful commentary from a man who was ( still is ) a reverend and a physicist. Perhaps he could wade in on this conversation? Elizabeth
Elizabeth is speaking of "The Bible and Flying Saucers: An Inquiry into Some Possibilities" by Barry H. Downing.

http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Flying-Sauc ... 1569247455

And I think the History Channel has a program or two on the topic.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Victoria...If you're not familiar with the writings of Zechariah Sitchin you should be. He wrote extensively on these subjects as they pertain to the Ancient Middle East, but his take was always the same as Erich VanDaniken's (BTW,his book Gold of the Gods is better than his others) that the visitors were ET's.

My opinion has always been that they were visitors from the future showing ancients the facts of human life in a planetary sense. Which all of course begs the central question , when and how did these non-linear visitations of enlightenment and plunder begin ? And how ? My answer has always been...G-d starts in the middle and works both ways.

IMHO, in Paul's book, we're all examining the "middle".

flow.... 8)
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

more familiar than I am

Flow.

Your advice toward Victoria is good for me too .........I know that I should be far more familiar with Sitchin than I am. Especially with the connections that this book has displayed. I am doing myself and you a disservice by not studying him diligently.

I just need more of me at this moment.

If I am spread so thin, why aren't I?

What you have said here in so few words is magnificent . G-d does in fact, I believe, start in the middle ...... and work both ways.

And once you realize that the center is the core to it all ..... many doors appear.

Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Elizabeth...When you have the time to read Sitchin, keep in mind that he is a layperson and had little, if any, formal education in his field of expertise, Ancient Mesopotamia. But IMHO he ranks up there with any Profs. I met from the U. of Chicago's Oriental Institute.

He did virtually all of his research at the New York Public Library, which is a venerable and noteworthy institution, and originally published in paperback. He did have most of his work published in hardback later by Bear Books out of New Mexico I believe. And also keep in mind that many of the tales that ended up in the Old Testament began with the things that he researched and related through his work.

flow.... :wink:
Trickfox
The Magician

Does G-D transmute itself

Post by Trickfox »

I cannot create G-d.
I may be able to transmute G-d
Perhaps even that G-d can transmute itself?

am I talking about God or Gold?
and is everyone talking about either one of these or something else?

obviously both are precious.
trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

interesting look

Ths is an interesting look at what Townsend Brown was thinking when he spoke to Tula that summer of 1966.

"That’s true,â€
Trickfox
The Magician

Don't know

Post by Trickfox »

I don't know Elizabeth!!!
This stuff was just blurped out without thinking.... it just rhimed

Trickfox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epow4VXhnW0
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

wonderful contact

Post by grinder »

Having " Tula" to talk with must have been wonderful. I imagine she had many memories of her experiences with the Browns.

Just curious. Did she ever date Juan again? That would have been interesting, two roomates dating those two fledgling agents!

Did Tula ever go out to the lab? Did she meet Spirito and Puscheck maybe? Just wondering what her impressions of them would have been if she had.

And can you share what she thought of Morgan? I get the impression that she might have felt that he was not all that good for Linda, otherwise she would not have advised to " get off the shelf" and start dating again. But she was there when the two of them were reunited. She must have figured that any advice to the contrary was not going to be listened to at all!

I get the impression though that her company was a gift from Dr. Brown, knowing ahead of time that her personality would keep Lindas spirits lifted.

I just wonder what she thought of Townsend Brown and Josephine. Her view is going to be the closest to an outsiders viewpoint that we will probably ever get because I have a feeling that the people who guarded the Browns ( like Charles Miller) felt like family. I suppose that Tula never met him because I guess he was in San Francisco at this time. I thought of him when I read that Morgan had said that there was the possibility that he would be based out of San Francisco later on in the year. With Charles?

What was Charles doing then? Anybody know? Betcha working for Mr. Twignsnapper and Dr. Brown, almost certain. grinder