Chapter 67 (Sidebar): Flying Saucers in the Bible

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hello All...Just when you thought that we might be the only nutcases talking about "teleportation"...but then, there's something about the phrase, "spukhafte fernwirkung" that just makes me wanna smile.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/10 ... index.html

flow.... :wink:
Last edited by flowperson on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing is better than marching
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

like sending a fax

Post by twigsnapper »

A little bit of history here. One of the first faxes ..... happened to be a picture of his wife Mary .... William Stephenson ..... is anyone seeing that this is just an extension of interest?
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: connections

Post by FM No Static At All »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I personally believe that somewhere somehow there is a connection between Dr. Brown and Reverend Downing. If you read any of his book at all you will discover that Dr. Browns conversation with Tula is almost literally drawn from the same well that the Reverend was drawing from at the time.

I don't know when he was actively writing his book, or where he was at the time but it was finally published by Lippincott, New York in 1968.

Knowing how things go, he may have been in the middle of writing it in 1966.

http://www.20kweb.com/weird_stuff/ufo_b ... ction.html

Check this out and you will see the striking similarities in subjects . And this which was Dr. Downings own conclusion regarding where Heaven was.

"Downing further theorizes that Einstein's curvature of space theory provides a clue to the place where heaven is located. The author contends Jesus may have meant that the kingdom of heaven quite literally rests in the midst of us, meaning that heaven is on an entirely different plane or wave length, invisible to us, but existing parallel to our own and connected by bends or warps in the space-time continuum."

Sound about right, all you kids on the bus? Elizabeth
Some say the "pillars of fire" that held back the Egyptians emanated from such vehicles. But the Resurrection of Jesus, and the Lazarus story of resurrection seems to indicate a ritualistic rebirth, such as that of a Masonic Rite of Passage.

Laurence Gardner in Holy Blood Holy Grail speculates that Jesus (Hebrew Y' shua would translate to Joshua) was not crucified, instead the event was a diversion so that Jesus and his family could escape. Being of "royal decent" he would carry the blood of Israelites royal lineage to the throne. But also it is known that Hebrew kings were secular leaders, and the priests were the keepers of the faith. Rabbi is translated as teacher, and as such if Jesus was a rabbi, then marriage would have been mandatory, since rabbis were consulted in domestic matters, matters of husbands and wives, and of raising children. Unlike the Christian faiths, rabbis were all married.
Jesus in Matthew 5:17 wrote: Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets: I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them
Fred
Griffin
Senior Officer

Grail

Post by Griffin »

Yes Fred-

I believe the Grail, as an experience, is related to what we're about here. Another writing project I hope to accomplish before I "kick the body" -- as the phrase goes. An interest Flow shared, I think.

As ever,

Griffin