Chapter 66: Hot Town, Summer in the City

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Radomir
Senior Cadet

can you imagine what this unit could hear?

Post by Radomir »

That's a pivotal phrase, for the chapter and possibly a key (wink) to unlocking much of what TTB was up to with the Navy that summer, as others have so rightly asserted above. And yet another implementation that operates in the multi-KV range. Wonder if it fit in the nose-cone or where they would have placed it?

I actually feel that this chapter really is where the threads and stories start coming together and with the addition of 3D glasses (and sound-system by TTB Audio) makes the whole "movie" really begin to pop.

This is even the first chapter that comes with its own sound-track, something I've often found myself trying to compile when thinking about the eventual screen-version.

Apologies for my absence from the forum for several weeks. And if anyone is wondering, Bangalore is actually quite lovely during monsoon season.

So that parking maneuver, with the manhandling the VW off the curb. Makes me wonder if either of those boys hadn't already been abroad in Rome, for instance, where that could be considered standard parking strategy. I once saw a group of people rounded up from a cafe to pick up and move a smaller car in one of those one-lane cobble-stoned streets in Rome, so a bus could clear a left turn. They put the car on the sidewalk, the bus made the turn, and then they move the car back to the street. As with Morgan and Juan, they dusted off their sport jackets and sat down again at the cafe. At age fifteen that made quite an impression on me.

No back to the speakers. Paul has mentioned that this sort of thing never saw production, but I recall being at an audiophile's house in Austin in the early '90's and he had a set of speakers he had spent thousands on, which were -- I believe the phrase he used was "crystalline lattice" speakers. With no moving parts as in a classic system, but nodes within a mylar sheet that vibrated the air in front of the speaker. My grasp on the technical details was and remains scant, but I recall walking around the room trying to get a sense of "where" the sound was coming from, even putting my nose right up in front of one of the speakers, and just being enchanted with the sound. I have no idea if this was of the TTB technology lineage, or some parallel development, but we could probably dig up more on this by combing through audiophile websites?

Again, as mentioned above, even if we've the "Ionic Breeze" or even the "Audiophile special" speakers, never any mention of the microphone side of the equation.

I knew it, knew it, knew it that there had to be some Lord of the Rings connection...I sure do hope Morgan has his own copy of the Director's cut trilogy. I think he would really enjoy all the additional behind-the-scenes footage (at least as long or longer than the feature DVD's) on the painstaking detail Peter Jackson and his crew went into when taking the book to the big screen.

Say, there's an idea, what about the TTB story for Peter Jackson's next movie? Score by Howard Shore?

One can dream...

Radomir
Radomir
Senior Cadet

oh and one more thing

Post by Radomir »

So...the Argonaut.

Who says the thing would have to be shaped like a flying saucer, or even a delta-wing? What if they had figured out how to do the true TTB gravity warping in a sub chassis? Hiding in plain sight would never be easier. Even if "all" it could do at that point was propel itself in water, it still would be a giant step towards propulsion in other elemental realms, like air & space...

So what if the "listening" sub was using the most advanced microphone they could come up with at the time (by TTB) to test whether even that "ear" could "hear" the most advanced sub propulsion they could come up with at the time (also by TTB)? Could make a nice closed-circle of experimentation, don't you think?

[On edit: I want to make a clear differentiation between the "Hunt for Red October" presentation, which you could pretty much call the "first" type of TTB technology because it is still essentially electro-hydro-dynamics, and what I'm envisioning above which is a closed-sub that uses electro-gravitic propulsion. No need for water flow through the sub at all. Thus even quieter.]

R.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

soundtracks

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Radomir,

I agree with you about the soundtracks. " I believe in Magic" and " Summer in the City" being perfect! I have another candidate for the race for the train sequence. How about ..... " Last Train to Clarksville" ( and I'll meet you at the station! ... etc etc etc! Strikes me as perfect.

And that raft of submarines in Norfolk? I believe you may really have something Radomir. Its good not to focus down on just one sub and anyway, we have strangely already been given the name " Argonaut".
Coincidence? In this rabbit hole?

Happy you are home safe from your travels. Always enjoy your observations and I agree with you that this last chapter was truly important and revealing, even if we don't yet know quite what was going on. When enough learned eyes and intellects start looking this situations things are going to bubble to the surface. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Perfect!

Post by Victoria Steele »

Perfect song Elizabeth

Last Train to Clarksville

Words and Music by
Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart

Take the last train to Clarksville,
And I'll meet you at the station.
You can be be there by four thirty,
'Cause I made your reservation.
Don't be slow, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!

'Cause I'm leavin' in the morning
And I must see you again
We'll have one more night together
'Til the morning brings my train.
And I must go, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
And I don't know if I'm ever coming home.

Take the last train to Clarksville.
I'll be waiting at the station.
We'll have time for coffee flavored kisses
And a bit of conversation.
Oh... Oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!

Now I must hang up the phone.
I can't hear you in this noisy
Railroad station all alone.
I'm feelin' low. Oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
And I don't know if I'm ever coming home.

[repeat and fade]

coffee flavored kisses indeed .............

And it was the right time. Look at the history of the lyrics
"The zippy melody and dark lyrics of the above, “The Last Train to Clarksvilleâ€
grinder
Senior Officer

absolutely a great song

Post by grinder »

You know Paul you really haven't mentioned the Viet Nam war at all and the question of course comes up .... " How did Morgan avoid the draft?" and of course the answer to that is really only one, he must have enlisted in SOME service during this time. So which do you think it was. I would rather expect Navy.

I doubt that he would have been reporting to a place like camp Peary without some sort of military affiliations but I am coming to realize that strange doors can be opened for someone "connected" as he must have been to the Caroline Group.

And what little others have said about what his " career " was like ( I vaguely remember a message from Mr. Twigsnapper about he and his crew being practically shot down somewhere where we were not supposed to be ( Cambodia? I don't remember? But I have gotten the impression that Morgans new life took him into the middle of some pretty dangerous stuff all in the cloak and dagger business maybe but as dangerous as any soldier worried about never seeing his girlfriend again.)

I think that the same thoughts might have been going through Morgans head. I don't think that the Caroline group gave him ( nor do I think that he expected) any quarantees of survivability. What was it that Sir William Stephenson said to him when their paths would cross " You are still above ground I see! " He was fluent in Russian and I would bet that he picked up other languages as he needed them. Any further look in that direction?

Can you share with us any of his military history at all? Any of his experiences eventually. Of course I realize that might have to be another book but I just wondered. grinder
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

considerations

Post by Martin Calloway »

This Forum is in fact a wonderful "living breathing thing" like somebody said with contributions that I hope Paul is paying attention to.

In case you missed it Paul ( I understand how easy that can be) I think that Radomir has just shown us an interesting slant. Had you ever considered this before? He wrote

"So what if the "listening" sub was using the most advanced microphone they could come up with at the time (by TTB) to test whether even that "ear" could "hear" the most advanced sub propulsion they could come up with at the time (also by TTB)? Could make a nice closed-circle of experimentation, don't you think?

If you go in one direction, you can also go in the other? That sounds like something Dr. Brown might have advised and something about the statement above, (though not mentioned yet by anyone else), sure sounds somehow REALLY plausible. And the nature ALSO of an "electrogravitic sub" would be the ultimate test for another unit that might be able to hear well and above any other unit out there in the ocean. Its a valid thread to consider maybe?

And grinder. I just have a couple of comments on your question about Morgans eventual " Rank" with the military. How does a kid (who may have by then "dropped out " of college?), how could an individual like that avoid being called into the military of the day? One solution to that was an answer already given to us in an earlier chapter.

You see, he wasn't the kid who dropped out of Antioch! On all of the records that everyone was looking at he was someone else entirely.

When Lindas " Morgan" stepped onto that bus headed for Camp Peary I would wager that he was not the same identity that he had been a few months before.

I would bet also that as soon as he said to Dr. Brown " I have decided to go in that direction" he became another young man entirely. His drivers license would have been different, his school and family history, everything would have been changed. and I would also expect that his history with his own family drifted away. His old friends lost track of him and maybe thats what was supposed to happen with his relationship with Linda too. And all of this was set up LONG before he eventually said "Yes". These guys are the best at what they do I think.

But his situation with Linda is a little bit different and she is not the standard " girlfriend" thats for sure. She would have been the only one at that point that would have understood what was happening and who was ready to accept that situation without demanding answers which she knew that he could not give.

Remember that file that Mr. ORiley handed him in Boston? I believe thats finally the person he became. In fact I would expect that while he was training and learning the ropes that the CIA was prepared to teach him he had already been in intensive training through the Caroline group connections to fit into this new "life". And in that life I think he learned truly how to be " an international security agent" which could drift in and out of various assignments under different names.

I have been thinking about this alot today and with each new turn I come to appreciate what that must have been like. His friend Juan seems to be the only one who knew him before, perhaps thats the way it works, recruit in working pairs so that each partner has an understanding support system who is going through the same thing.

These guys just " disappeared" from one life and showed up in another.

Am I totally off the track here Paul or do you think that this sounds right?
Martin
grinder
Senior Officer

some do, some don't

Post by grinder »

Martin,

I think that you might be right as far as Morgan was concerned, but I don't think that all those who come into contact with the Caroline Group have to sacrifice their identity completely like that. Maybe people like Sir William had already decided that they agreed that Morgan was going to become a special addition to their Group. So he began nearly under their wings .

But maybe some people work at a lower level of "need to know". The less they actually knew, the less they have to give up because of security concerns?

I mean. I'll bet that the Caroline Group even has had some secretaries working for them that had no idea at all what the business of the Group was at any one time. They would have been compartmentalized for their own protection as well as the protection of the organization as a whole.

But I think that Morgan went into this thing with a very strange advantage. He was "nominated and sponsored" by Dr. Brown himself. So what did that really come to mean I wonder? grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: some do, some don't

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote: But maybe some people work at a lower level of "need to know". The less they actually knew, the less they have to give up because of security concerns?

I mean. I'll bet that the Caroline Group even has had some secretaries working for them that had no idea at all what the business of the Group was at any one time. They would have been compartmentalized for their own protection as well as the protection of the organization as a whole.
Or even a group of individuals on a forum.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

got it figured

Post by grinder »

Mikado,

So THATS WHY its so damned dark in this wabbit hole.

But there is something else going on here on the Forum. We might be "in the dark" about some things but I think we have been given the opportunitiy to figure alot of stuff out for ourselves. Just watch the way that Mr. Twigsnapper treats us. He doesn't hit us over the head with all kinds of information, he makes a small , mysterious statement and then seems to go away for awhile while we all mull it over. If we strike a thread that seems to be solid , he comes back with just a little bit more information.

Didn't he say at one point ( I have been reading his messages, one after the other. ) And at one point he said that IF WE GUESSED through our own intellect and effort the truth of something then he would help us, but we had to get there first. I really kind of like that.

But I can tell too that there are some things I don't want to know yet. Some of my friends spout off that they are ready for any kind of cutting edge information to come in their direction but frankly I think that they are just bragging. Once you learn something you never can unlearn it so I think its OK to go slowly and be sure that you are REALLY ready.

So, if I am being held in the dark for a little while more that might be alright too. I am still reaching for the light .... on my own , in the company of other furry creatures!... grinder
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Grinder-

Griffins are both feathery and furry. Both/And.

As ever,

Griffin
grinder
Senior Officer

not either/ or but both!

Post by grinder »

Griffin,

A magical creature of course! Both feathered and furry!

Maybe this isn't too much of a jump but I just thought of it.

In one of your recent posts you made a quick reference to MJ12.

I just wondered f in your research for your project what opinion you might have made about that situation? Do you think that such a group does exist?

I know that the Woods ( promoters of the " UFO Crash Conventions) have made a big deal about it and its operations. Do you agree with them about this group? ( Which strangely, according to William Moore, was code named after various birds) Ah! right back to the feathers part again! How odd is that? grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

NI12

Post by Victoria Steele »

Instead of Moores MJ12 I think I would rather look to Richard Bransons Group. You could call them the " Necker Island Twelve?" I have copied some of this article for our reference. I hope its not too long.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... xml&page=3

The power of twelve .... Its an interesting concept. If you guys have the time read the entire article and see if it doesn't sound like a modern counterpart of maybe what the Caroline Group has quietly been all along?

I especially liked this part

"Branson now set up a team, led by Jean Oelwang, the chief executive of Virgin Unite, the independent charitable arm of the Virgin Group, with the objective of defining what a council of Elders would look like, what it might do and, as Oelwang says, 'bringing together the collective wisdom of some of the world’s most remarkable leaders with no other agenda but that of humanity.’

The first question was the most difficult: who should the Elders be? The number of figures who command not only universal recognition but universal respect can be counted on the fingers of one hand. How do you arrive at a group of 12 – the number had been decided by an unspoken consensus – that would equitably represent gender, ethnicity and cultural pluralism?

Mandela had already outlined a handful of names that he would like to join him; to research further candidates, Oelwang recruited Scilla Elworthy. She is the founder of the Oxford Research Group, which she established in 1982 to study ­global security issues and develop dialogue between nuclear-weapons policy makers and their critics. She is also the founder of Peace Direct, a grassroots organisation devoted to developing conflict resolution skills, and has herself been nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Over the next 18 months, Elworthy consulted government figures, diplomats, civic leaders and Nobel Peace Prize winners throughout the world, assembling a long-list of individuals for consideration as possible Elders. At this point it was felt expedient to reveal as little of the project as ­possible. In her canvassing of names, Elworthy referred to the project simply as an initiative to influence decision-making on global issues.

'We felt we shouldn’t use Nelson Mandela’s name – we didn’t want it to get into the press in the wrong way. We simply said this was going to be something at the highest level, led by absolutely impeccable names with global moral authority. And it wasn’t going to be just a talking shop; it was going to be about direct action.’

Through a process of discussion and elimination, a set of criteria began to emerge for prospective Elders. The first, and most important, was that they should not be currently involved in politics; they should have no personal agenda, vested interest or bias. They should have earned international trust, demonstrated outstanding integrity and built a reputation for non-coercive leadership.

'It was important to find people who had displayed moral courage,’ Elworthy says. 'In other words, they had been in some situation that had demanded them to stand up against oppressive forces, dictatorship or whatever.’ Aung San Suu Kyi is an outstanding example, she says.

'Secondly, they should have made a real difference to very large numbers of people in some way that had dramatically changed their lives.’ Muhammad Yunus was a good example. 'Here is somebody who has devised a replicable and massively important technique for lifting people out of poverty, surmounted all the difficulties and actually made it work,’ Elworthy says.

'Another criterion is the demonstration that they can move beyond their own fear in a significant way. Nelson Mandela would be the obvious example there, having put up with 27 years of incarceration and facing fear daily in the early days. Then there’s the ability to listen, which everybody involved in this considers terribly important. And the last thing was the realisation that all the truly great people have a sense of humour. Archbishop Tutu absolutely epitomises that. It wasn’t a criterion, but it emerged as a common characteristic.’

By the end of the process, Elworthy had drawn up a biographical databank of more than 300 ­people – human rights activists, scientists, economists, philosophers, spiritual and tribal leaders, social visionaries, specialists in health care, education and environmental issues – drawn from almost every corner and culture of the world. In time, this would be filtered down yet further to just 30 names, including a clutch of former presidents and prime ministers, an internationally acclaimed author and four renowned religious and spiritual leaders. Six of the 30 were Nobel Peace Prize winners.

In August 2006 a remarkable assortment of individuals gathered on Necker Island, Richard Branson’s private retreat in the Virgin Isles, to brainstorm the Elders concept. They included leading figures from the world of internet technology – Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia; Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the founders of Google; Steve Case, the chairman of AOL – representatives of global think tanks and philanthropic trusts. Also present were Archbishop Desmond Tutu, whom Mandela had already indicated he would like to see as chairman of the Elders, and ex-president Jimmy Carter – a key name on Mandela’s list.

Over the course of several days, in meetings conducted around the dining-table in Branson’s home, and more informally on blankets and chairs on the beach, the participants roamed far and wide over what the Elders should be doing and, more importantly, what they could realistically achieve that other organisations – notably the UN – could not. Should they be seeking to make personal interventions in crisis management and conflict resolution? Should they function as a sophisticated global intelligence resource, a repository of expertise and intelligence for tackling global pandemics?

Should they be seeking to make personal interventions in crisis management and conflict resolution? Should they function as a sophisticated global intelligence resource, a repository of expertise and intelligence for tackling global pandemics?

An advocacy group drawing attention to problems overlooked by the world’s governments and media, with an unrivalled capacity to focus global attention on a problem and project whatever message they chose? Archbishop Tutu stressed that he would see one of the fundamental roles of the group to act as a living example of the truth that 'human beings are made for goodness’. It is not the militarily powerful or even the economically prosperous that are held in univerally high regard, he said, but the peacemakers and the humanitarians, 'the ones who make people feel good about being human’."

I don't know if they are just following what the Caroline Group already IS or perhaps this is the modern version? What do you all think of this idea? Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

and where was Mr. Twigsnapper?

Post by grinder »

Well, Victoria. Thats an interesting bit of information. I sure didn't hear about that meeting. It DOES sound like something a modern day " Caroline Group" would do and when I read this I really thought of how much Dr. Brown would have enjoyed it! I can just see him enjoying the sand and blue water!

"Over the course of several days, in meetings conducted around the dining-table in Branson’s home, and more informally on blankets and chairs on the beach, the participants roamed far and wide over what the Elders should be doing and, more importantly, what they could realistically achieve that other organisations – notably the UN – could not. Should they be seeking to make personal interventions in crisis management and conflict resolution? Should they function as a sophisticated global intelligence resource, a repository of expertise and intelligence for tackling global pandemics?"

It just sounds like something that Dr. Brown would love doing. It sounds just like something he would have wanted to be a part of. So I just wondered. Andrew has said that this Caroline Group is a " multigenerational project" so the question then suddenly becomes " Where was Linda Brown during this time? Was she part of this meeting perhaps? And Mr. Twigsnapper? Were you there on the island in August of 2006?"

I doubt that I will get an answer on either one of those questions but it was worth asking.

So how come we haven't heard more of the "power of Twelve?"

A " repository of expertise and intelligence for tackling global pandemics" That sure sounds like my concept of the " Caroline Group". Maybe the historical " Group" has been there all along, right under our noses? grinder
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Grinder-

Not odd at all. Birds of a feather…

That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet…

Names can be changeable, only partially descriptive, and generally tricky. But what they may signify in essence is the important thing. For example, The Caroline Group is an expedient name, and serves a basically convenient descriptive purpose. In this sense, yes – I do believe there was and assuredly is in some form an “MJ-12.â€
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin,
I recently recieved a package from the states and the most interesting item within it was a feather.
It came from a Nazereth Crow, and I happened to dowse this feather as I was checking the lumps of differing rocks I had been sent, the feather has the largest detectable field around it.
This has led me to ponder about the native indians head dress etc.
If you wish to listen in to a specific frequency, you may need to amplify your personal FIELD with specific arrangements of extra fields .
I have been busy collecting up feathers ever since to make myself one.
I would love a bunch of eagle feathers, if you wish to SEE above all others, you need the assistance of the best .
No wonder the eagle is part of the American seal?
We have a lot to re-learn from those who were in touch with the available matrix, no wonder they culled them?
Same in Australia and South America, those type of people will be too big a threat to those that desire to control.
Next thing will be to take everyones DNA, then they can identify the ones they fear?
kevin
fibonacci is king