Chapter 66: Hot Town, Summer in the City

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

mistranslatons

Post by twigsnapper »

With your experience in this field ( which I acknowledge and appreciate) I think that you will get a good laugh out of my scholarly attempt to figure why Michaelangelo and others portrayed Moses sometimes with horns coming out of his skull. I thought I had discovered a link to the ancient pagan PAN ... the half goat, half man of antiquities and was quite pleased with myself over that conclusion ( I was eleven I think and had time for that kind of pondering) Then when someone better versed came along and explained .... as you said .... the word was mistranslated from "qeren". Actually I was a little disappointed in that because I think I thought that if Moses had horns then we might have had something in common because thats what my Grandmother accused me of having too! She I think was responding to my attitude, not my spirituality. A very thoughtful post flow. Thankyou. twigsnapper
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thank you Mr. T...

Yes, aren't grandmothers such powerful influences upon grandsons. I know mine were. My mother's mother had 12 children, speaking of the power of twelve.

Think of my post as being directed towards restoring your spiritual connections with your grandmother(s). Yes, let's not forget the women, eh ?

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: considerations

Post by Paul S. »

Martin Calloway wrote: These guys just " disappeared" from one life and showed up in another.

Am I totally off the track here Paul or do you think that this sounds right?
I think you're entirely right there, Martin.

And I suspect some of those other "speculations" are probably on target, too.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Help Me Out Here?

Post by Paul S. »

Trickfox wrote: Remember Peter Wright's "MOP" project. Mr Twigsnapper may want to comment here too!
I give up, what does "MOP" stand for?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Crossover

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:I have noticed from the other discussions that you can't go to his lab notebooks because apparently Dr. Brown stopped writing in 1958 and didn't start writing again until 1967. Odd, right? it seems to me that this is where the two threads cross dont they? Sometime during those nine years the Linda and Morgan thread and the Townsend Brown thread of this story cross paths!
Yeah, it has only occurred to me in the past week or two that it is in that "black hole" of the missing notebooks that the story lines crossover. I've known all along that they would have to crossover somewhere, but it's just dawned on me how that's going to work. Stay tuned...
Thread A is in 1953 right now? Only a couple of years to go until he suddenly stops writing.)
I don't want to give away too much (clever way of hiding the fact that I'm not really sure yet myself...<g>), but, uh... yeah.... right.
I am worse than Victoria but I really hope that we can look forward to another chapter maybe this Thursday? Its like I have all of these puzzle pieces out on the table and I want to start really putting them together.
I will have something for you this week, but it's a bit of a "sidebar," a remnant from the 1966 period, and then I get going on the 1950s again. I think that will be the next two or three chapters and then.... well... we'll see where it goes when we get there.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

oh good, bubbles?

Post by Victoria Steele »

More on 1966. Oh Goody!

I really didn't want to go to 1953 just yet. Not with Morgan in town!

You are a sly person Mr. Twigsnapper. I read that remark that you made about those two lovers " living life to the fullest" and then you said ...... " I would expect bubbles." and I really didn't get it until I read the remark that Linda had made over Tulas happy expectations on the amount of bubble bath that she would need for that big tub! Bubbles indeed. My imagination can take it from there thanks so much!

And what else can be called a " sidebar"? Victoria
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:Hi Langley:

Done a bit of research on the Ark thingy and technically the word "Ark" means "box".

flow.... 8)
(etc)

Hi Flow, thanks for that. I dont know if Im up a Wattle or what, but the thread on chapter led to the thought.

I looked up http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view. ... enant#5376

https://listhost.uchicago.edu/pipermail ... 06810.html

both of which were interesting. But I was looking for a reference to a US University attempt to build an accurate copy of the Ark some years back, and which had to be abandoned on safety grounds. Couldnt find it.

The Jewish Encyclopedia mentions the Ark's ability to transcend physical space. However that may apply.

The more I look, the less I know I know. Or the more I become aware I dont know. Whatever. But it seems to me there's too much at stake here for apathy or giving up. For IF what is going on is the suppression of ancient technology in the guise of modern technological application, then there are profound social control aspects which have to be considered.

For even the Israelites were led by it. And they allowed it so as they knew the origins of it and Who they were following via it.

What if at some stage we don't know?
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: gold star pupils

Post by Langley »

Thank you Mikado and Twigsnapper. I deeply appreciate your comments but Im not sure Im worthy.

It was just a logical option in the context of the thread contents.

And I notice the geopolitical issues remain.

IF what we are dealing with via Brown's applications and the suppression of them, is an attempt to await crises of sufficient intensity so as to prompt the population of the world to demand a solution at any price, then this technology may be misapplied in its social control aspects while providing for physical needs at that price.

IF that is reasonable, then modern history has had as a hidden agenda the suppression of a technology both ancient (and justified) which could have empowered people equally and provided freedom. And a changing of the guard. That is, the technologies now in use which power civilisation are all of a type which empowers centralised authority.

Such alternate technologies such as Brown's would empower individuals and communities IF made freely available prior to the set of crises we at have at present rushing toward us. Scarity and consequence of the very technologies which entrenched the present power structure of world.

Enhanced by all conflicts, particularly the Cold War. Nothing like the presence of an enemy to justify the suppression of a technology.

I dont know if this is in any way accurate or able to be compared with the real world. Is it paranoid? It is logically consistent, but that proves nothing.

On the one hand we have the fortunate priviledge of being able to talk here with witnesses to Dr Brown's work and life. On the other, official dead ends and denials. Sufficient to raise suspicion. And when ever I have used Paul's writing as cues for my own interest, I find a wealth of information of vital concern from authoritative sources which Paul has no need of but which confirms for me that he is onto something.

I think a priority is the lifting of the veil in order to try to prevent the misuse of the technology by a renegade elite. But that is an agenda beyond the research and writing of the book, which may produce without recourse to any other action or motive but the writing of it and broadcasting of it, in innocence, that outcome anyway. Hopefully.

Ancient and Justified. KLF with Tammy W.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6YlBAs0Lfo
Its even got a submarine.
There's something deeply buried in the common mind and culture telling us not to trust concentrations of power. Its more than Ike's speech. Though that helped. But here we are in a world rapidly undergoing a process of increasing centralisation. Its certainly happening in my neck of the woods.
The crises demand it.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

social implications

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

Months ago I think that we had a discussion here on the forum about how people seem to absorb new information most sucessfully. Someone said it was if we all needed to be able to gather around a campfire, and talk about things which our minds could see but which we didn't have to face in our real world ..... yet ......

Thats what this Forum reminds me of just a little. Its that quiet time where we are gathered together, looking into the flames, thinking and talking about things that we still don't understand.

Paul gives us all the the opportunity here to consider the different faces of the " Heros Journey"... We can explore (without having to actually be there ) the realities these discussions might represent .... until we are ready. .... its just talk around a campfire at the moment. His story is a profound look at dedication , courage and love.

Langley, you said
"On the one hand we have the fortunate priviledge of being able to talk here with witnesses to Dr Brown's work and life. On the other, official dead ends and denials. Sufficient to raise suspicion. And when ever I have used Paul's writing as cues for my own interest, I find a wealth of information of vital concern from authoritative sources which Paul has no need of but which confirms for me that he is onto something."

Somebody poke the logs just a little bit more. Its amazing what you can see in the flames. Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

MOPPING up

Post by twigsnapper »

Tickfox must be busy.

According to Peter Wrights " Spycatcher" page 47

" They were also in the early stages of developing a device called a MOP. A MOP made a cable do two jobs at once... transmit captured sound and receive power. It was in its early stages, but it promised to revolutionize MI6 activity by removing the extra leads which were always likely to betray a covert microphoning operation. I spent alot of time in my first years in MI5 ensuring the correct specifications for MOP and it was eventually successfully manufactured at the MI6 factory at Boreham Woods"

Thats all he apparently has to say about MOP but of course there are others out there now that might be prone to divulge more information.

fingerprints again. twigsnapper
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Around the Fire

Post by JZimmer »

Hi All,

You know, the thing about a campfire is that you are generally in the woods in a dark and sometimes foreboding area trying to see beyond the dark boundaries of the darkness. Everyone huddles close together to protect against the fearful and scary unknown, sharing in one way or another their thoughts, concerns and fears, looking eagerly for the first rays of the protective daylight.

Sound familiar?

Everyone huddle a bit closer please!

Jim
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

and just before that

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,

I know you have " Spycatcher" there on your desk somewhere. Look up that page 47 if you have not already.

I will do some legwork for you for the benefit of some on the forum.

" A joint MI6/CIA team had tunneled under the Russian sector of Berlin in February o 1955 and placed taps on the central communications of the Soviet Military Command. The actual electrical taps were done by Post Office personnel. Both the CIA and MI6 were reeling under the sheer volume of material being gathered from the Tunnel. So much raw intelligence was flowing out from the East that it was literally swamping the resources available to transcribe and analyze it. MI6 had a special transcription center set up in Earls Court but they were still transcribing material seven years later when they discovered that George Blake had betrayed the Tunnel to the Russians from the onset. There were technical problems too which Taylor was desperately trying to resolve, the principal one being the ingress of moisture into the circuits."

And of course we are on the same page. twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: and just before that

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:I know you have " Spycatcher" there on your desk somewhere.
You can bet I do now...<g>

I also have a book called "Battle Ground Berlin" which goes into a great deal of detail about the period you're directing our attention to.
MI6 had a special transcription center set up in Earls Court but they were still transcribing material seven years later when they discovered that George Blake had betrayed the Tunnel to the Russians from the onset.
Ah. Good to have that bloke's name come up here. I might need it later.

There were technical problems too which Taylor was desperately trying to resolve, the principal one being the ingress of moisture into the circuits."
Seems to me I have a first hand description of that moisture somewhere. From somebody who described it as like the inside of a submarine... <g>
And of course we are on the same page.
Or will be when I get it written...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Langley:

First, when you're dealing with a device, either ancient or new, which functions within and interacts through mediums which are not part of our familiar sets of realities, uncertainty must be expected more often than not. That is inherently disordering, and inimical to societal well-being and progressive future developments.

Our sets of realities are anchored in the concepts of linear progression and order within those processes. So you can see the dilemma here. Do "the powers that be" continue to hold such powers close to their chests, thereby instituting greater and greater centralized control of humanity, in fewer and fewer hands; or, should that set of powers be disseminated to those who have the greatest probability of using them wisely and constructively for the good and long term benefit of humanity in general ?

This is the situation facing "world leaders". To my way of thinking, the former and current methods of "control" will inevitably lead to more chaotic transitions, and the latter scenario would at least allow caring people to have a say so when it comes to the future. More crackdowns and more brutal and underhanded societal control methodoligies are not what are needed at this juncture. I think I'd prefer trying Mr. Branson's council of elders idea for a spell, since it's abundantly obvious at this point that politicized governance is simply not up to the tasks at hand.

Second, I have a problem with the name "Chester" in its many forms of usage. This all goes back to an experience in the 40's that my Mom had with a "oija board". No Joke.

No, I don't want to participate in selling Chester's replicas of the "Ark" either. The best reference regarding the "Ark" and the "Tabernacle in the Desert" I've run across was a picture book published in the 80's by Zondervain, a publisher based in central Michigan from the same region and place where the Prince family resides and made their fortunes, and which ultimately led to the founding of Blackwater International by Mr. Eric Prince.

I like campfires. Mostly because where there are campfires, there are always "smores". You got them down under mate ? Mmmmmmm...!

flow....:P
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

greggvizza wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Sounds to me that you know what the "master" is called in that process. Ever hear of "High Speed Video Inc" or of Peter Lambert? They are really quite amazing machines but could also be quite wearisome to maintain.

Just throwing in my nickel, spend it or lose it.

Mikado
The official name for it was binloop master. I did not have any dealings with the folks that you mentioned, but being in the recording studio business in the 80’s and 90’s I had to deal with others that provided the same services. Yes that equipment, with electromechanical and pneumatic actuators, was always malfunctioning. They were the last vestiges of the old smoky greasy industrial 20th century. The 21st century has no moving parts.

GV
The amazing thing, at least from my point, was that the machines were doing VHS copying but they were made by Sony (remember Beta?).

As always, the best to you,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy