Chapter 65: Good Morning, Sweetie Peach

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Great stuff Langley...I was pretty much an observer and not a participant one way or the other back then, but my heart has always been invested with concerns about peoples' lives and how they might be adversely affected through the misuse of advanced technologies, inadvertantly or purposefully. Here's a couple of free podcast programs that will honestly inform you as to the undercurrents going on over here.

www.democracynow.org This is a daily (weekdays) show also available for download at the Apple store.

Le Show with Harry Shearer (the voice of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons) This is a weekly satire of the news show also available for free download from the Apple store, and from its FM origin station, KCRW in Santa Monica, CA. www.kcrw.com

I think a lot of us here are very concerned about The Bill of Rights being mostly used by those in charge for intimate personal cleanups more and more instead of using it to protect the individual rights of ordinary citizens since the end of WWII. And now the really scary thing is, as you pointed out, the spread of invasive technological snooping and observation of innocent people which just keeps growing by leaps and bounds everywhere these days.

Yes, more realistic balancings of the letter and spirit of the laws needs to be
pursued by the powers that be today and in the future. Then the public may come to have some renewed level of confidence in their public servants. I don't see a lot of that happening as yet, but there's always hope

Of course the crux is, who are the enemies of the state ? We are being presented with just too many pat answers in that regard these days IMHO. I still go with my favorite archaic comic strip POGO. The character's standard answer to that issue was always, "I have met the enemy, and they is us."

flow.... :(
Dancing is better than marching
Trickfox
The Magician

been there, done that

Post by Trickfox »

viewtopic.php?p=552#552

Victoria,
that was for you. Notice Mr. T's response. Him and I like to play ping pong sometimes. Just ask him what my favorite snack is, and he'll tell ya. He's a much better player than me and he never brags about it either.

That whole exchange was a pretty good chat wasn't it?
Hat's off here sir
Raymond
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Out of Pocket

Post by Paul S. »

I'm just checking in to let you all know that I will be heading down to Dallas again this weekend on another family emergency type thing. I will probably have a chance to get caught up on these discussions while I'm there, since there's not a whole lot else to do in Dallas.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:
www.democracynow.org This is a daily (weekdays) show also available for download at the Apple store.

Le Show with Harry Shearer (the voice of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons) This is a weekly satire of the news show also available for free download from the Apple store, and from its FM origin station, KCRW in Santa Monica, CA. www.kcrw.com

I think a lot of us here are very concerned about The Bill of Rights being mostly used by those in charge for intimate personal cleanups more and more instead of using it to protect the individual rights of ordinary citizens since the end of WWII. And now the really scary thing is, as you pointed out, the spread of invasive technological snooping and observation of innocent people which just keeps growing by leaps and bounds everywhere these days.

Yes, more realistic balancings of the letter and spirit of the laws needs to be
pursued by the powers that be today and in the future. Then the public may come to have some renewed level of confidence in their public servants. I don't see a lot of that happening as yet, but there's always hope

Of course the crux is, who are the enemies of the state ? We are being presented with just too many pat answers in that regard these days IMHO. I still go with my favorite archaic comic strip POGO. The character's standard answer to that issue was always, "I have met the enemy, and they is us."

flow.... :(
Thanks Flow, Ive bookmarked those links. Here's one from Australia, re Indian doctor working here, treating terminally ill cancer patients, who, when he left UK, left his UK sim card behind (useless here).
He was arrested in Aust. Case has lots of details but here's a summary:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 72,00.html

It was a case of ignorant public servants not knowing how to interpret data, nor how to check information. He's back in India now. The Indian gov gave him the choice of any job he wanted.

I went ballistic with my keyboard to the Minister responsible. Being an Englander in Aust, Im bloody sorely tempted to send my cousins some sim cards and demand a free flight to UK!! But this victim , being Indian, not having dual citizenship, and not being the same faith as Timothy McViegh - - Lest we forget - was summarily locked up for no reason. As a UK citizen,l

Issue here is Dr Brown was on the cutting edge of so many things, the changes in society post war. And in the context of his time, you can see him and those around him going about things in the right manner. I may be rong but a part of what he was doing was gathering people to him via his activities and demos and the authorities were cross matching those people. In the hope of breaching a Soviet spy ring.

In todays terms, its almost as if the Cold War would have to have been invented in order to achieve the changes desired by some. But thats another can of worms. It seems to me in government theres good guys and bad guys.

And Im certain that the agendas now in bearing fruit would have made the darkest Stalinist say yea, we've got them on the right track now, an outcome Brown and his compatriots fought hard I think to stop.

I mean, the West for many years was restrained in order to provide a contrast with Stalinism so blatant that even the dumbest could tell which country they were in. These days, heck, well, at least the East Germans had free child care.

Paul's book is moving through these sociological and political threads maybe not as the primary layer, but as an important backdrop none the less.

S'pose Joan Baez is too croacky to sing much these days...
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Langley...NO, Joan is still singing around from time to time, and her voice is as vibrant as ever. What a dish !

I did hear some of what transpired with Dr. Haneef's situatuion over here, but I was not aware of the details involved. Thank you for the link.

Now, the first site I posted reported an incident recently concerniing Ms.Baez that we might never have heard about otherwise. She volunteered to sing some free concerts at Bethesda Naval Hospital (just outside of Washington, DC) for injured returning Iraq War servicepeople.

The Government denied her request without explanation...but I believe that at least you and I know why.

cheers....flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:Hi Langley...NO, Joan is still singing around from time to time, and her voice is as vibrant as ever. What a dish !
Ms.Baez that we might never have heard about otherwise. She volunteered to sing some free concerts at Bethesda Naval Hospital (just outside of Washington, DC) for injured returning Iraq War servicepeople.

The Government denied her request without explanation...but I believe that at least you and I know why.

cheers....flow.... 8)
I can feel an email to the US Information Service coming on.

Well I just sent protest emails to US Army and State Dept. They probly filter "Langley" out of Eschelon to stop repeat raids in Virginia.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

curiosity or what?

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley,

Being a UK citizen, and just out of curiosity, why are you so concerned with Ruby Ridge, Joan Baez's denial, etc. seeing as these are all concerned with US intrapolitics, denial of due process, loss of property rights as guaranteed under the Constitution. As to Ruby Ridge, look up Meyer v. Nebraska which is precedent in that vein but then they are not the first to have lost familial and/or property rights at the open end of a barrel, not pleasant.

As I said, just my curiosity, so is it a hobby, curiosity or what?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

another subject

Post by grinder »

Just thought that I would bring up another subject. I just got one of those fliers for the upcoming conference in Vegas ( 5th Annual Crash Conference) You know, the one that Paul spoke at last year. He is not speaking again apparently so I have lost interest in most of what is being offered but I did see something sort of interesting and thought that I would throw it out there just to see if anybody else knows something more.

Michael Schratt (?????) is speaking on the subject of " Thats Classified" US Air Force Secrets revealed" and I thought it interesting that he mentions many that are sort of familiar " Project Silverbug" " Pumkinseed" and a few others but he ends his little blurp by writing ...." Convair " Project Fish" ELECTROGRAVITIC PROPULSION SYSTEMS. and of course when I saw that I went HUMMM on several different levels. Special Access Programs he said and I though again..... hummmmm

One I remembered that it was Odlum wasn't it who owned Convair at one time? Project FISH? I hadn't heard of that. Electrogravitics? Thats Dr. Browns stuff isn't it? so Paul ...... What has this guy uncovered huh? Maybe its worth going to sit in. Maybe he would be worth contacting? Surely he would be interested in what you are saying about what Dr. Brown was into unless he is just borrowing that "electrogravitic" phrase from fella like Valone and maybe Vasillatos.

Richard Dolan is going to be there again and Linda Moulton-Howe again too, being very mysterious , but forgive me, the rest of the line up looks like the same old stuff, year after year after year.

Been busy trying to stay cool. Hope all of you had a good holiday. grinder
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: curiosity or what?

Post by Langley »

Mikado14 wrote:Langley,

Being a UK citizen, and just out of curiosity, why are you so concerned with Ruby Ridge, Joan Baez's denial, etc. seeing as these are all concerned with US intrapolitics, denial of due process, loss of property rights as guaranteed under the Constitution. As to Ruby Ridge, look up Meyer v. Nebraska which is precedent in that vein but then they are not the first to have lost familial and/or property rights at the open end of a barrel, not pleasant.

As I said, just my curiosity, so is it a hobby, curiosity or what?

Mikado
Yea, just an interest in the ways of the world. And US stuff is more widely talked about. Comparatively, the US has the most open society, so other countries which are less fortunate, tend to talk about US issues.

I am also in a forum which is US.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley wrote:

I am also in a forum which is US.
I never thought of the forum as having any specific geopolitical identity. Curious that you would look at it that way.

Hey Trickfox, your not from the US, do you look at the forum as being a US forum? I know that I don't view it that way but then, I eat my cheese danish all the way around so that the last bite is the center or the crust around my sandwich first.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Vortex sandwich

Post by greggvizza »

Mikado,

So what you are saying is that you eat your sandwich in a vortex or spiral fashion. Very in tune with the universe. If you eat it fast enough you may actually lose weight… not mass though.

GV
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Vortex sandwich

Post by Mikado14 »

greggvizza wrote:Mikado,

So what you are saying is that you eat your sandwich in a vortex or spiral fashion. Very in tune with the universe. If you eat it fast enough you may actually lose weight… not mass though.

GV
I do know this, I have noticed that as I do eat my sandwich it does lose weight, I just haven't figured out where it goes yet.

Mikado

<g>
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Bush go home

In a flying disc.

though I dont think his 650 hangers on would fit in a single disc.

Would need a fleet of them.

I think you under estimate the US cultural impact on the Western Alliance Miki.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley wrote:Bush go home

In a flying disc.

though I dont think his 650 hangers on would fit in a single disc.

Would need a fleet of them.

I think you under estimate the US cultural impact on the Western Alliance Miki.
Being a veteran, I believe that the President, as the Commander in Chief, is deserving of respect. I may not agree with him in all of his decisions, I may not agree with his orders, I may not agree with all of his policies, etc but he is still the President and deserving of respect. The same was true with President Clinton and all previous to him.

With that in mind, your number should be changed to 651. I also believe that this forum is not a platform for the discussion of political figures unless those figures or policies will/would contribute to Paul's efforts or the saga of Dr. Brown.

In any event, I will take my camera and take some photos of the flying disc, both inside and out, and will forward them to Paul for placement in the book. <g>

Mikado
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

problem is ...

Post by ladygrady »

And the problem is ..... For most Americans .... Bush IS Home .... most of the time anyway. I agree with you Mikado. I have a great amount of respect for the Office of the President of the United States.

And going a little silly, given the chance , I too would like to know where weight actually goes when it gets "lost". I think that I am the one who is destined to find it.

And speaking of things LOST.

what is happening here everybody? Paul? Elizabeth? Thursday?

I heard that one of Dr. Browns old friends is missing in the hills around Minden Nevada and I wondered if Linda Brown just might be up there. Paul? Anybody know?

just how many conspiracy situations are springing into action over that one? . An odd fellow to be " lost" for so very long considering the electronics involved. Whats the latest? Anybody heard? Now thats the sort of man that would appreciate a " scout ship" flying disc.

Hoping as I am writing this that the gentleman is alive and well and "walks away" from it as he has so many times in the past.but it doesn't look good out there. Is Richard Branson up there searching? I would bet that he is. I would bet that other old friends are up there too and there is more to this story than the press is ever going to say .....

Off the subject but it looks like its going to develop into a pretty interesting storyline eventually. Can any thing be added? grady