Chapter 64: Flying Saucer Pipe Dreams

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 64: Flying Saucer Pipe Dreams

Post by Paul S. »

Yes, kids, the monster is done, and you can find it here:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... reams.html

I've still got one foot in two different worlds here, Windows and Mac, and somethings that used to be simple are proving challenging in the new environment. So please let me know if you see any glaring problems with formatting, fonts, paragraphs, etc.

So oil up your scroll wheels... this is a long one...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Paul...

How diffficult this all must have been in the 50's for Thomas Brown and his family, especially Joseph. But I guess when momentous actions and deeds are afoot, such things are necessary to cover the tracks in the snow, or is it mud ? Perhaps pride of deed and action must all be swallowed and covered up in the pursuit of a greater good . Puscheck and Spirito doing FIBBI work huh ? As a guy named Artie used to say...verrry interesting !

Another excellent read . The lines of script and time flew by as I read it . Not a "monster" at all .

Oh, and I sure would like to have been a fly on the wall when Thomas Brown had his conversation with Red.

flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Great stuff. The place Townsend Brown was initially stationed when he was in the navy was preeminent in radar work. He's now again working with the guy from the Manhattan Project.

The number of people who were both masters of radar and high up in the rungs of the Manhattan Project is quite interesting.

After the US banned non US citizens from participating in its post war atomic program (because of the Fuchs thing), there was one exception. The Britisher Titterton, the UK master of radar. He was the only non US citizen involved in Operation Crossroad. Theres something about radar....

And the theme of ionisation pops up again. OK as part of the disinformation thing. part of it was like laying burley for the Soviets. Making them think Oh crikey they are using their expertise to build fighters we cant stop. Mach 3!!! And that its aligned in someway with the Manhattan Project and ionising radiation. And Shank is the direct link there.

Meanwhile the SR71 is being designed & later built unmolested somewhere else.

Yea here's a profile of a person designed to pull the Soviets off target:

W. Bradford Shank, "Need Shown for Scientific Not Fictional Prophecy," Glom, No. 4, Apr. 1946. after initial publication in the Los Angeles Daily News, Apr. 5, 1946

http://ead.lib.uchicago.edu/view.xqy?id ... CL.APS&c=a
Box 2 folder 6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beginning_or_the_End

Hope his son found out what he needed to.

And the FBI, doing a Hughes and Tucker on Brown pretty much obviously, making the Soviets think Oh these guys are going to want our help sooner or later ....
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Wonderfull,
made me think for hours, strangely Mikado and myself had just started on about what I suspect this is all about.
Current science,
If Dr Brown presented a verifiable happening that could fit into the accepted science of the day, then the new science could remain hidden whilst it was been perfected.
That must have been very tedious for him, knowing that the toys you really want to be playing with are near, but you have to play with the kiddies toys.
Flowperson had mentioned that Newton was an alchemist, a sort of magician, but he too was reigned in, I wonder by whom?
http://www.alchemylab.com/isaac_newton.htm
The fact that this book is been written perhaps means that the time to release such knowledge is nearing?
I consider Dr Brown was a magician, able to make things seemingly dissappear, and re-appear somewhere else.

So whats the trick?
The answer is all around you, all through you, you and radar though can't see what is seemingly not there, even though it is.
If everything is one, then everything is just a certain mixture , blend , in a specific state that this one creates.
Must be hard been a magicians kid, when he keeps dissappearing all the time?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

here's a coincedence

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Andy was also at Ohio University in Athens, and he also worked in the cafeteria.
How's that for a cosmic haha.

I find it interesting that the 2 people set by the FBI to write the report are two of Brown's colleagues. They must have been told what to write, and it probably would have pained them greatly to pen such falsehoods, knowing what kind of man he really was.

It would make sense that the TTB Foundation was presenting something similar to what they showed that "mole". It makes sense that the Caroline Group would have WANTED the mole to see something different.

Well written chapter, Paul, took me 1/2 hour to read.

And here's one for Victoria; I am glad Josephine decided not to go with "Red" and to stay with Townsend. He needed her. I think the rest of his life, this LIE that he had to propagate, would have been very difficult to navigate without her by his side. Don't you agree, Twigsnapper?

Gotta to get back to work.

LBL :)
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

oboy

Post by Victoria Steele »

Oh boy, do I have a lot of comments.

First, THANKS Paul for all of the hard work that was obviously poured into the presentation of this chapter.

Don’t even know where to start. Oh, Yes I do.

You ready. This is a thought that struck me suddenly and I am just going to share it with all of you.

I have it figured that the sex life between Josephine and Townsend Brown must have been pretty spectacular. How do I figure that? Just look at the situation..

Now its wartime ( 1942?) and I have seen that picture of Josephine ( that one of her in Washington DC . It is great ... when she was apparently working for William Stephenson as a courier?) That is one beautiful woman who knew exactly what she was doing. And you think that lady was not tempted along the line? I can just imagine! AND she is supposed to be divorced, remember? But she goes with Townsend to California .... nurses him back to health after his injury in Germany, has a baby daughter with him and then finds herself alone with her stepmother and children on an isolated island for what? About three years? Still .........
She hangs in there .....

And only after being tempted again by what sounds like a pretty likable guy she again turns back into Townsends sphere of influence by her own choice.

You know what that tells me?

I know that she loved him and probably did since that day on the sailboat during their second date ... but I believe also on a physical level alone what they had together was pretty damned special.

You don’t leave a beautiful young woman alone for any length of time, surrounded by temptations ( Think wartime, or post war Hawaii ... does “ Its raining menâ€
grinder
Senior Officer

I agree

Post by grinder »

And Victoria you crack me up. But I think in many ways you are absolutely right here. It takes alot of positives to offset the negatives of the life that was being offered. I doubt that Josephine would have put up with being physically short changed too. I would not have mentioned it but I have to admit when I heard that " Red staged an exit" the reasons behind all of that went through my head too. Must have been ALOT of very good " chemistry" between them.

On to another thought. Look at this ........

"It’s kind of funny, when you stop and think about what was going on,â€
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Proof

Post by Mikado14 »

There is proof in this chapter of the misdirection....and it wasn't from Paul.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Proof

Post by Langley »

More on Shank:

http://www.atomicbombcinema.com/english ... end_18.htm

MGM made a movie on the Bomb. The lilnk is to promo material for it.

It describes Bradford Shank as "Dr" Shank. And quotes him:

rendering advice throughout the writing of the script. Joining him at the studio was another scientist, Dr. W. Bradford Shank of the Federation of American Scientists, who was associated with the development at Los Alamos.

Dr, Shank augmented these views by saying, "The atomic question is the most vital one before the whole world today. Whether we are alive ten years from now or not, whether we live in caves or in cities, depends upon how many average people concern themselves with this problem.

"It is my opinion, and that of the men of the Federation of American Scientists with whom I have talked that this motion picture will do a definite good in helping to inform the people of the destructive potentialities of the atom bomb, and in highlighting the possibilities for peace time application of atomic energy. Its value, too, is that it will reach the mass of the people -- and they, not just a handful of leaders, will solve the problem if it is to be solved."

It is in recognition of a duty to mankind, as well as of a human story of rare significance. that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, with unique attention to authenticity has filmed .'The Beginning or the End."

Such sentiments are the essence of the Pugwash Movement, and I concur. However the Soviets saw such people as likely marks. In Australia such people were excluded from participation (eg Mark Oliphant). The genius of the situation in the larger context is that the individuals and the agencies used authentic personal values in the intelligence setting.

But yea, prior to it happening here's Shank being promoted in the light, and then later, there's a clamp. It goes dark on later information about him.

Los Alamos = centre of Soviet penetration of Manhattan Project. "Low level" worker, Shanks, comes out from there in a blaze of publicity. Wide path to follow. So Soviets expend energy tracking him. Couples with Brown.
Yea, Brown & Shanks = Pied Pipers, leading the Soviets away.

Gotta remember, the Soviets used the Western peace movement. The US apparently used this Soviet interest to trap and deflect them and to cause them to waste effort. In addition to whatever additional agendas Brown had for himself in the situation. Fascinating. Very very clever. By monitoring those who sought involvement with the project, the US could attempt to ID the Soviet rings. Ha ha, by tracking Brown, the authorities were actually tracking a Soviet ring. Lots of names in the Brown FBI file?
Last edited by Langley on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Langley:

I remember seeing that film when I was young and impressionable, so I guess it made an impression on me. Good...Bad...I don't know, but it made an impression.
I had to laugh at the casting of Art Baker as Harry Truman. In the 50's Baker hosted a weekly television program titled (and I'm not kidding) You Asked For It ! How incredibly appropriate that he should be "magically" chosen to play HST.

flow.... :P
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:Hi Langley:

I remember seeing that film when I was young and impressionable, so I guess it made an impression on me. Good...Bad...I don't know, but it made an impression.
I had to laugh at the casting of Art Baker as Harry Truman. In the 50's Baker hosted a weekly television program titled (and I'm not kidding) You Asked For It ! How incredibly appropriate that he should be "magically" chosen to play HST.

flow.... :P
Hi Flow. Your're lucky. Im scrambling to try and get a copy of that flick. I dont know of Art Baker. Im learning a heck of lot here. Im thinking, wow. This is amazingly brilliant. I am acutely aware I can only percieve about 10% of what's going on. Its layer upon layer, fold upon fold, like a Sarah Lee Cheese cake. Its a whole other side of things I wasn't aware of.

Funny how you saw that film when you were young and now, in my opinion, it is (for me at least) a bright piece of what is going on here now.

Yea, Brown and Shank were "hot lead" generators.

"Be a Beacon" : Robert Redford.

On the ionic wind: It suddenly strikes me that a ion generator will quickly remove Radon progeny products from household air, so if you sit one on a damp cloth and replace the cloth every week or so, you will cut down the main civilian exposure to ionising radiation.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

maybe it hasn't been done

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Sudden thoughts like the one that you just had Langley deserve attention. Such a development might now be out there yet. Take a look. If you can, do somehing with that. Its sort of right up your path, isn't it?

Thanks for the PM. I think that you will see that in Erics case as in all of the other " children" involved in this story, we are all looking to discover our own fathers. Some hidden from us, some taken too soon. So in essence this isn't a story of science and technology, its about that search.

my best Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

earlier than that

Post by twigsnapper »

"the 1920s William Lear — better known as Bill — invented the first practical car radio and founded the company that built them, Motorola. An accomplished pilot, Lear then used the proceeds from the sale of his patents to start Lear Developments in Santa Monica California,"

Paul,

Townsend Brown and Bill Lear go back a LONG way before your supposition about them meeting through Mason Rose. You have probably heard that Townsend installed a car radio in his fathers car and knew at the time that it was the first in Zanesville. Go back to that event in the twenties.

Good chapter, by the way. twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

No, That's a New One

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Townsend Brown and Bill Lear go back a LONG way before your supposition about them meeting through Mason Rose. You have probably heard that Townsend installed a car radio in his fathers car and knew at the time that it was the first in Zanesville. Go back to that event in the twenties.
No, actually, that's the first I'm hearing about that particular anecdote. Or, at least, if I've heard it before the sieve in my head didn't hang on to that particular detail. I knew TTB was among the first (the first?) to build a radio receiver in Zanesville, but the part about putting one in his father's car is a new wrinkle. [/quote]
Good chapter, by the way. twigsnapper
Thanks. Better get started on the next one now before Victoria starts asking if it's Thursday again...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: maybe it hasn't been done

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Sudden thoughts like the one that you just had Langley deserve attention. Such a development might now be out there yet. Take a look. If you can, do somehing with that. Its sort of right up your path, isn't it?

Thanks for the PM. I think that you will see that in Erics case as in all of the other " children" involved in this story, we are all looking to discover our own fathers. Some hidden from us, some taken too soon. So in essence this isn't a story of science and technology, its about that search.

my best Elizabeth
Oh, like a filter box with a fan in it and an ion generator within. Hang on, that's why Teller was looking at THE Fan ??