Hidden but why

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

CONGRATULATIONS PAUL

Post by Trickfox »

Re: viewtopic.php?p=17237#p17237
Congratulations, and Thank you :D

Your paper at first glance appears to be a perfectly well constructed presentation on a subject matter which I have allways silently lamented as being negative from a personnal perspective. The truth is, we do needed to hear more about such history anyhow. I strongly recommend that all of our forum members should read the paper on this most appropriate of dates

Raymond
Last edited by Trickfox on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Re: Hidden but why

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Trickfox,

Am I the only one here who feels just a little out of the loop?

Like the brown suit in a room of tuxedos?

"I strongly recommend that all of our forum members should read the paper on this most appropriate of dates"

What paper? What appropriate dates? Duh! MarkC
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

viewtopic.php?p=17237#p17237

See the post just before mine Mark

Tricky
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: CONGRATULATIONS PAUL

Post by Langley »

Trickfox wrote:Re: viewtopic.php?p=17237#p17237
Congratulations, and Thank you :D

Raymond
Thanks Raymond, I'm ordering bigger front and back doors.......

Im rapidly reaching the conclusion that that early nuclear medicine research disappeared into the Manhattan Project. And was killed by a single AEC funded paper in 1950. It used radio strontium. It didnt reappear until 1974 when European doctors "rediscovered it" . It was FDA approved in 1993. 1974 is a funny date regarding strontium. So was 1949. And guy who originated it died in 1941.

It might be a completely different story, but I swear Im looking at the same social and informational control forces here. I'm totally up to my neck in downloaded documents trying to see where it went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SBf0ts ... re=related
Griffin
Senior Officer

Hiroshima revisited

Post by Griffin »

When I was a cultural exchange student in Japan many years ago -- and considerably closer to the August 6, 1945 event itself -- I visited Hiroshima and the Peace Memorial Museum. This visit -- like reading Langley’s Hiroshima article as Trickfox also recommends -- provided a deeply visceral and necessary engagement with the horrific realities of nuclear weapons. The ones deployed around our world today each dwarf the Hiroshima bomb, while the destructive potential of the collective weaponry is almost unimaginable. It’s no wonder that this issue would be a priority in any message to planet earth from higher beings.

The following link contains the Peace Declaration for 2008 by Tadatoshi Akiba, the Mayor of the City of Hiroshima. A Peace Declaration is issued annually at the Peace Memorial Ceremony on August 6 in Japan. This short declaration is well worth reading.

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/declar ... index.html

As ever, envisioning a fission-free world,

Griffin
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Speaking for all the brown suits out there .... I forgot that your first name Langley was Paul... so when I saw that salutation from Trickfox ... Congratulations Paul.... I just jumped the tracks /// and of course I should have remembered the importance of August 6th,,, nobody should overlook that but there ya go.

Trying to stay on track now, thanks! MarkC
Last edited by Mark Culpepper on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

And on the right date of course. MarkC
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

MarkC,

It's nice to stay on the correct date but tomorrow is 08/08/08. Talk about a cosmological significance! :D
Now in China, the number 8 is supposed to signify luck. I guess tomorrow will be an extremely lucky day.
Time to buy some lottery tickets?

MagicBill
P.S. What do the astrologers say about 08/08/08? What would have Dr. Brown said about it? He was a child of around 3-1/2 years old when he passed 08/08/08 in time. I guess that's when he learned to sun in the nude? :wink:
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Hiroshima revisited

Post by Langley »

Griffin wrote:When I was a cultural exchange student in Japan many years ago -- and considerably closer to the August 6, 1945 event itself -- I visited Hiroshima and the Peace Memorial Museum.

The following link contains the Peace Declaration for 2008 by Tadatoshi Akiba, the Mayor of the City of Hiroshima. A Peace Declaration is issued annually at the Peace Memorial Ceremony on August 6 in Japan. This short declaration is well worth reading.

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/declar ... index.html

As ever, envisioning a fission-free world,

Griffin
Thanks for the link Griffin.

Some people who have read Prof Shimizu's paper have wondered at the motivation for him to write it when he did (in the 80s). And one concludes that in the context of Nationalism which seeks its own means of defence and or aggression, Prof Shimizu was reminding those in Japan who sought nuclear weapons independence (ie a Japanese nuclear deterrent or capability) of the horrors of the use of such things.

Many nations around the world seek their own nuclear capability. It is one of the ironies of the end of the Cold War.

At the height of that, the potential existed for a full scale exchange.
Such an event would have, according to Carl Sagan, amounted to the explosive equivalent of a World War 2, but for each minute of a lazy afternoon.

For the moment, it seems, that scenario is on ice. In the interim, there is chaos and the threat of unannounced and "stateless" singular threats.
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

htmagic wrote:MarkC,

P.S. What do the astrologers say about 08/08/08? What would have Dr. Brown said about it? He was a child of around 3-1/2 years old when he passed 08/08/08 in time. I guess that's when he learned to sun in the nude? :wink:
I don't know about 08/08/08, but this astrologer is looking at 11/08/08 and I can attest to the fact that he likes working in the nude!

http://www.harmonicconcordance.com
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Langley wrote:
Some people who have read Prof Shimizu's paper have wondered at the motivation for him to write it when he did (in the 80s). And one concludes that in the context of Nationalism which seeks its own means of defence and or aggression, Prof Shimizu was reminding those in Japan who sought nuclear weapons independence (ie a Japanese nuclear deterrent or capability) of the horrors of the use of such things.

Many nations around the world seek their own nuclear capability. It is one of the ironies of the end of the Cold War.

At the height of that, the potential existed for a full scale exchange.
Such an event would have, according to Carl Sagan, amounted to the explosive equivalent of a World War 2, but for each minute of a lazy afternoon.

For the moment, it seems, that scenario is on ice. In the interim, there is chaos and the threat of unannounced and "stateless" singular threats.
At one time it seems, we had reached a point where the nuclear armed nations were capable of Mutual Assured Destruction, and yet they also knew that it was insanity to do so. But times have changed and now we are on the bring of another nuclear weapons crisis, only this time it is not with the diligence of ethics or morals driving the physics, but with a religious fanaticism and fervor.

Often times we are confronted with choices of diplomacy or war, and often times we choose the latter as the "best" means to handle an issue. It can be argued that war does not create peace, and I will agree that it does not. However there are times when it becomes the alternative that suits the expeditious end result. We are rapidly approaching a crossroads, and instead of a MAD path, this one seems abhorrently insane, one that can end life on the planet for millennia.

We know that both India and Pakistan have had nuclear weapons fro some time now. Somehow we have all managed to avoid a confrontation that would have started a nuclear exchange there. Iran is saying that its nuclear program is peaceful and for energy, but considering all that we know about that nation, and what it has done and continues to do regardless of United nations directives or sanctions, I feel that it is a nation without conscious control. It's continuing rhetoric regarding Israel and the US as its enemies, can only lead one to think that given the opportunity to use nuclear arms, they will.

Now I am not advocating a war with Iran, and in many ways I would consider myself pacifistic and against armed conflict. But if I was in my own house and intruded upon I would certainly do what ever it takes to keep my family and myself safe from harm. I don't see inviting that person to sit down and break bread as an alternative that would prevent harm. Cocking the hammer on a 9mm semi-automatic sidearm might, but when that is no longer a deterrent, it may be necessary to pull the trigger.

I don't know who will be our next President, and I don't know where Iran is up to as far as producing nuclear weapons. What I do know is that it will take more than diplomacy to convince the Iranian nation that an attack on any nation with nuclear arms is not an action that will be taken lightly by the majority members of the UN, nor gain the sympathy of most of humanity around the world.

But here is the paradox:
The extremists that are controlling many of the terrorist groups and probably much of the middle eastern oil fields don't care. Their beliefs are such that there is no such thing as a deterrent, because if they succeed, "Praise Allah!" and if they don't they still see themselves being rewarded for their Jihad, with 72 virgins in heaven.

I am meditating and offering positive energy to create an environment of love and peace. I don't know how many others are committed to creating peace, but based on what is currently happening in the world, I would say we have yet to reach "critical mass." As far as I am concerned we are not doing enough fast enough. Just one man's thoughts.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Hidden but why - Nuclear Cannons

Post by htmagic »

It is amazing that anyone would be even foolish enough to come up with this idea: Nuclear cannons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery

We had a device called "Atomic Annie".

If you are north of Baltimore, Maryland you may want to pop over to the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Ordnance Museum. You can see all sorts of things at this place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Army_Ordnance_Museum

And their official site:
http://ordmusfound.org/index.htm

MagicBill
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

I typed "Bradford Shank" into DoE's OpenNet search page and got two hits. Big downloads,the final ACHRE report and something else. Too big for my dial up download limit and speed to cope with.

Iran has military etc etc pacts with China. It neednt go to all the trouble. but it is . I shudder to think about it.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Langley wrote:I typed "Bradford Shank" into DoE's OpenNet search page and got two hits. Big downloads,the final ACHRE report and something else. Too big for my dial up download limit and speed to cope with.

Iran has military etc etc pacts with China. It neednt go to all the trouble. but it is . I shudder to think about it.
Just post the links and those of us with broadband can download the reports or articles.

I don't feel that China would be a threat in and of itself, as they have had nuclear capability for quite some time. I can see their interest in Iranian oil as they are rapidly industrializing and will require more oil to fuel themselves. Perhaps they are offering Iran nuclear energy to produce power in order to obtain "cheap" oil. It's the Iranian government that I have issues with.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Langley,

Good find! The hounds are on the trail again.

I went to the DOE site here:
https://www.osti.gov/opennet/index.jsp
At the top of the page is a search box and Langley was right, 2 documents. One is 76 Meg- ANNUAL REPORT TO CONGRESS OF THE ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION FOR 1959 - 1961.
http://www.osti.gov/opennet/servlets/pu ... 360399.pdf

STANFORD SYNCHRONTRON RADIATION LABORATORY ACTIVITY REPORT FOR 1988 - Only 9 Meg
http://www.osti.gov/opennet/servlets/pu ... 290042.pdf

Now searching in the smaller document for 'Bradford Shank' gives nothing. There is a 'Shank' but not Bradford.
And I searched all 629 pages of the big document and no 'Bradford Shank' there. So what gives and why would he be linked to these 2 documents and not be in them? Folks?

I scanned the big document and the picture of the USS Savannah shown in the Delaware River following her July launching in Camden, NJ. Now this was 1960, during the dark years. Wonder if TTB was on this ship?

Enjoy!

MagicBill
*** edit ***

Just noticed B. Shank was in the 76 Meg document twice. One was Vegetation Studies Related to Disposal of Radioactive Wastes.