Chapter 63: The Mole, The Bug, and the Prairie Chicken

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thanks Kevin. Thanks also for the link. I'll get to it later today.

Cheers !....flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:Mikado and Trickfox:

This is not to defend what Kevin says, rather than to try and extend personal perspectives on the emerging "local and non-local" characteristics of gravity and its effects. Yes Mikado, the practical knowledge that Newton produced back in the day still is valid in a classical sense, and the world still operates and is constantly engineered to work based upon the knowledge that he, and those who followed in his steps, extended and continue to produce. This is the local aspect, if you will.

But I would urge you both, if you haven't already, to view the Charlie Rose interview with Lisa Randall posted on the front page of this site by our fearless leader sometime ago. Better yet, obtain her book and consume it. Keep in mind when you do either or both, that she is the most often cited research source in contemporary publications of theoretical physics research. A major aspect of her approach is to determine "universal" aspects of the nature of gravity. As I noted above, we already know and daily successfully apply the local truths of gravity theory. She and other pioneers are theorizing and determining the non-local nature and effects of gravity for our future use and possible application.

If you view and consume Kevin's comments with that in mind, I believe you'll gain a new perspective on the issues at hand here. And, BTW. I have no idea who David is/was or what he wrote/writes. All I do know is that Ms. Randall is globally known and respected for what she thinks, proposes, and writes. That's enough for me.

And we should also consider the fact that the TT Brown story is really about the engineering of applications of new scientific theories quite often preceeding the development of theoretical frameworks to explain the phenomena at hand. That's pretty much the way that it was for Tesla also. These cases are antithetical to the way that science and engineering usually proceed. Both men were truly unique in this regard.

But in an age of "compartmentalized secrecy", such as we have all experienced for most of the past 100 years, the historically normal progression of knowledge theorizations and applications are sometimes reversed. There's no right or wrong to all of this, only "what is" and our levels of acceptance of that counterintuitive process.

flow.... :wink:
I have read Lisa Randall as well and have seen the video and the interview. I do not believe it will eliminate Newton but then, I work with it everyday and it is quite valuable in our everyday world and I do not see it being replaced with what Lisa Randall is describing and explaining unless I have totally misunderstood her, not that that is impossible.

However, Thank you for your response. I will consider it.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

I'll stick to Lisa Randall's explanation

Post by Trickfox »

I guess I believe Lisa Randall's explanation of the non-local properties of Gravity over anything David or Kevin can come up with for the moment.

I just have trouble understanding things like "circuler spheres".

What IS important is the issue of "LISTENING". We have to continue to listen to David and Kevin both because they are probably capable of shaking the foundation of our combined knowledge by saying "What if".
For instance; "What if a sphere was circular?" Can it possibly make SOME sense? Do you see......It's the "What if" that is important.

At the moment I'd say that I've heard enough "David speak" and "Kevin's distractions" to understand that both points of view DO NOT YET FIT my understanding, nor do they enhance my understanding of any fundamental science except perhaps in the definition of "MACRO-world forces verses MICRO-world forces", but I haven't stopped listening either. -Which brings me back to Lisa Randall.

As mr. Twigsnapper has so aptly put it... She understands the MATH too!!!
So... in the end it would be much easier for me to believer her than people who "appear to be" simply obscuring the subject matter with esoteric buzzwords. (rememer I said "appear to be" because I am not an expert)

I am sure that better mathematician than myself have read all of the posts I have put in this forum. I'll bet a lot of them are laughing at me as I struggle to make sense out of my own visions. That is why I cannot go as far as laughing at Kevin or David. They have obviously struggled just as much as I have trying to explain their own visions of reality.

Let's just see if anything practical comes out of all these struggling complex discussions about science and math. As they say "The proof will come when something practical is created and built".

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Guys...Yes Newton and his works will be, in some ways, "forever". No one is disputing that reality. And besides, he was a fervent student of alchemy, which in some important philosophical ways puts him on my side of the fence. And as The Trickfox stated, it is the micro and macro aspects of all of this that are what Ms. Randall and her colleagues are attempting to organize for society to understand and apply.

Her greatest attribute, aside from the obvious, is that she does understand the math. I certainly don't. Math was an eternal mystery for me to comprehend until I came to understand that it was only a vehicle and tool set to design entities in space. Now , for some time, we've tarried at the point where it is being actively used to design spaces themselves. Now she, along with colleagues, is attempting to organize all of the above into an understandable set of "branes" forming a "universal bulk".

Holy Albert !

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

For those who think I am talking a load of balls, heres some simplified circuler spheres.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Icos ... hedron.png

The golden points , think of as hawaii or giza.
Then visualise the silver lines going on into infinity, and transfers cascading into the golden points as and when other such circuler spheres align as they travel about upon this matrix.
Those transfers are of positive and negative charges.
Kevin
fibonacci is king