A lot of interesting headlines lately

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Moldova
Space Cadet

A lot of interesting headlines lately

Post by Moldova »

Was this just an accident or were they getting too close?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19983814/

Aslo, in my local paper this morning there was a very interesting artical about the russians moving forward with claiming the Arctic region as a Soviet territory. They are planning to manuever under the arctic ice with MINISUBS :shock: and drop a "titanium capsule" reported to contain a russian flag (uh huh... yeah sure... but what else is in it?) on the seafloor. Kevin b. can I get a ruling on the intersections please?

I am still trying to find a viable link for everyone to read the article.

Moldova
To quote the last famous words of Socrates... "I drank what?!"
Moldova
Space Cadet

Aha!! Watson come here...quickly

Post by Moldova »

I have found a link thanks be to the AP Wire service. The russians claim it is all about the oil... Then again wouldn't you?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/ ... TE=DEFAULT
To quote the last famous words of Socrates... "I drank what?!"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

isn't that area a playbround

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Moldova, Isn't the Arctic considered sort of a playground for Nuclear subs which specialize in long dives under the ice pack? Completely hidden from any form of satellite reconaissance they can be anywhere at any time that is an enormous advantage on a " first strike" or " retalliation strike" situation. So I am with you. I am not so sure that oil is the only consideration. Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Branson

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Just another comment on Bransons place in the Mojave. Terrible accident. I hope it was an accident but I will be curious to see what comes of the investigation into it. There should not have been any sort of flash point in the test they were doing , so it is a big mystery.

Branson is a special fellow if some of you are not familiar with his name. His last book I think is entitled " Screw it. Lets Do It!" which just about covers his outlook on life. Somebody to watch.

When someone criticized him because of the way he was positioning himself to be a major player in the new age of propulsion and alternative energy he flat out said that he didn't get into this situation to be a charity. That charitys were not going to be able to get done what is going to need to be done. I haven't read his book yet, but I'll just bet that he has his fingers on the pulsebeat of what alternative studies are going on out there.

Curious to see what develops in Mojave. Elizabeth