NICAP

Here is where we focus on separating the facts from the fiction, identifying what we KNOW from what what we DON'T KNOW about the life and work of Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

NICAP

Post by Trickfox »

The following was found in Wikipedia :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NICAP#History

1950s
NICAP was founded on October 24, 1956, by physicist Thomas Townsend Brown. On the Board of Directors were several prominent persons, including retired United States Marine Corp officer Donald Keyhoe and retired United States Navy Rear Admiral Delmer S. Fahrney, who had headed the Navy’s guided missile program.

By early January, 1957, however, Brown had proved so financially inept that the Board of Directors asked him to step down. Fahrney replaced him, then convened a press conference on January 16, 1957 where he announced that UFOs were under intelligent control, but that they were of neither American or Soviet origin. The press conference received major attention, doubtless aided by Fahrney’s stature.

In April, 1957 Fahrney resigned from NICAP, citing unspecified pressing personal issues. It was later disclosed that his wife was seriously ill, but also that Fahney was bothered by the whispers and ridicule his UFO interests generated among many of his peers in the military.

Keyhoe became NICAP’s director. He established a monthly newsletter,The U.F.O. Investigator. Also in 1957, another prominent figure came onboard: Vice Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter joined NICAP’s board of directors; he had earlier been the head of the Central Intelligence Agency.
Anyone who believes that the above statements are FACTS should read the book in this webpage and follow carefully all the forum discussions.

It will become obvious to anyone that T T Brown weaned himself out of an organization that was being taken over by people with a set agenda. The agenda keeps changing but it still appears to be in place.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

financially inept

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Of course you know I would take offense to that statement because we all have come to love this man Townsend Brown and that seems such harsh criticism. But I think that we have to look beyond what that report says and look at what was actually happening.

One thing I have learned about Townsend Brown in the last five years is that he and Morgan shared a common trait. They were long range planners and there was a reason for every move. I believe that he was in Paris for most of 1956. January 1957 I believe will find Dr. Brown suddenly living in Florida. So " financially inept" or not he simply could not be in two places at one time and I don't think he could give his actual reasons for leaving, nor his destination.

Townsend Brown founded NICAP and then very quickly stepped down and moved away from involvement with it. Why do you think that might have been? What was his purpose in setting it up in the first place?

Look of the cast of characters which almost immediately took over the board of NICAP. What do you all think was happening here. Your comments will be very greatly appreciated. Elizabeth
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Re: NICAP

Post by JZimmer »

Hi EHD.. and everyone!

If I were to had to hazard a guess, I would say that he was trying to raise the public awareness regarding new potentials. But, at the time I do not think people were ready for the type of thoughts, concepts and realities that he wanted to provide.

Jim
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Hello Jim,

Raising public awareness might have been a small portion of Dads reasoning in starting NICAP but I really don't think he had that first and primary in his mind. He NEEDED something that only NICAP could provide.My Dad was a very long term planner . ( now, dealing with things that are coming to us on a daily basis you have to understand how ironic that statement actually is)

The way NICAP was set up was that it acted sort of like an organizational web to capture all of the sightings of UFOs around the world and then funnel them into a single source. The NICAP group had "investigators" who would verify and report on these sightings and all of that information would eventually find its way into these little white papers which that organization sent out to its interested members. So it became a clearing house for information with a large staff of volunteer and worldwide workers.
I remember those papers because we had stacks and stacks of them. I also remember that Dad would sometimes ask me to look through all of those reports for specific situations. I think that we have already talked about looking for the ufos that " wobbled".... but there were other things too. I remember looking particularly for something they called " angel hair" which was supposed to have been dropped in several sightings. We looked for different colored glows .... blue being the most common but switching from blue to red back to blue again was something that Dad noted.

I think that Dad was entirely happy to step down from NICAP. In fact I don't think that he ever intended to actually stay and run the thing. That wasn't his style at all. In fact I think he had already set up another situation in Florida when this NICAP stuff was going on so he probably couldn't have stayed in the Washington area to run that organization even if he had wanted to. Having himself declared "financially inept" was probably the easiest ticket out of there. One with no real questions attached.

And of course you know already that the CIA had designs on the operation themselves for much the same reasons that Dad did. Collecting valuable information. The fact that NICAP was taken over by intelligence agendas is a pretty transparent situation. If you think I am being paranoid just look at the further development of the group and the background of the people running it.

I guess that all I am trying to say is to remind each other that we must avoid " either/or" thinking. Dad probably wanted the public to become more aware of UFOs. He also needed the information that the group could report to him. And he needed to be detached from personal day to day involvement..

Its interesting if you follow his timeline closely. In the early springtime of 1956 Dad was in Paris . When he returned from that trip ( Paul has the exact date) he only visited with us for a couple of hours. He brought us gifts that he had picked and of course we had missed him and were happy to see him ... but he didn't stay. Dr. Sarbacher had brought him out and waited for him. When they drove off I didn't see him until we met in Florida nearly a year later. So what I am saying here is .... if he was "organizing NICAP" at the time he never intended to stay in the area and in fact we didn't even know that he was occasionally still in the Washington area. Funny huh.

Nice to see your posts! Linda
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi Linda!,

So, that makes my sneaky little mind wonder....

If this was long range planning, then he would have suspected that the CIA might do what they did, so maybe he was also planning on using them to feed him information. So, maybe the CIA guys were not all really CIA guys, un.. or maybe they were but they weren't, if you catch my drift.

Ummm.. this could make your head hurt.. lol :roll:

Jim

P.S. Ug .. I edited this..

So, another thought is that maybe he needed to watch who saw what becasue he needed to make sure that what he was doing was not seen????
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Jim, you seem confused......
:lol:

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hey Trickfox,

Me, confused??? Were in the rabbit hole, how could I possible be confused.. hey.. where are we???

:roll:

Jim :?
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Jim,

Welcome to the rabbithole!

Its the unspoken stuff that is the most powerful.

A friend recently shared with me that she works in a VERY compartmentalized situation and is learning the ropes of her new position. She told me that you very quickly learn, upon asking a certain question perhaps, that your question for some reason is " out of bounds" ... not only " out of bounds" but " should not be asked again" ..... and she said all that information comes to her in a passing glance, no more.

She is learning quickly that you have to be intuitive in a situation where you are working in the shadows... or with shadows.

Reminds me of something that Morgan said to me once.

" We don't step out of the shadows..... we ARE the shadows"

I think others here will understand that shadows can be used for good in many ways ..... shielding an injured motorcyclist from the sun .... or shielding the innocent from harm. Shadows can be grand things. Linda
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi Linda,

Great reminders and comments, but I hope you all understand that I was jesting.. I, for good or bad, have a rather warped sense of humor and I think it just showed here. I think that any of us that have been in the Rabbit hole for a while kind of understand that we must all read with great care what is written in these forums. And besides, I think that most of us have found some comfort in the shadows anyway! :mrgreen:

Anyway, as always, I appreciate your comments and input!

Jim
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Shadows

Post by Paul S. »

Linda Brown wrote:Reminds me of something that Morgan said to me once.

That's one I don't think he ever said to me.

But, that's not quite gonna make us "even," is it?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Oh Paul,

I figure we might be close to even. But maybe not.

You have nearly two thousand messages from the man. I got maybe twenty handwritten letters, a few postcards through the years.... but I have had the chance to look into those green eyes and know the timbre of his voice. I think I am still a couple up on you <g>, Linda
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Linda Brown wrote: Reminds me of something that Morgan said to me once.

Anyone here seen the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight? It's a bit bleak, but one of the interesting things about it is how it uses Batman and the Joker as symbols of real-world 'off the grid' intelligence/law-enforcement groups vs stateless terrorists. And asks a lot of interesting moral questions about exactly where the line between 'democracy', 'shadow' and 'darkness' is, and how (and if) you can stay sane and righteous while waging an off-the-books private war. It doesn't give any easy answers either.

Watching it I couldn't help but think 'Bruce Wayne is the Caroline Group'. Lots of parallels to Floyd Odlum, Eldridge Johnson, Howard Hughes, Bill Lear...

I wonder how many intelligence people secretly have Batman as a hero?
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Nate-

Sir William Stephenson is depicted as being deeply concerned about this issue of how the dark world of covert intelligence can adversely affect the light of democracy, which it is trying to protect.

Griffin (just slightly batty)
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Even Steven

Post by Paul S. »

Linda Brown wrote: You have nearly two thousand messages from the man. I got maybe twenty handwritten letters, a few postcards through the years.... but I have had the chance to look into those green eyes and know the timbre of his voice. I think I am still a couple up on you <g>, Linda
In which case, we're not really even close to even.

My correspondence I can, have, and will continue to share readily with you. But the actually meeting the man? Apparently that's still on the docket for sometime in the future.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

Regarding your meeting with Morgan.... someday.

You said " But the actually meeting the man? Apparently that's still on the docket for sometime in the future."

I find that a fascinating statement. Which opens so many doors. You obviously believe that there is still a chance for you to meet the man. That idea brings sort of a strange bunch of thoughts to me. Tell me what your impression is of this , if you can. Remember you have said already. If time travel was available to Morgan in " his future" then the entire door opens here, past and future, right?

I think that you have said here that you and Morgan had some sort of an agreement centering around his beautiful cane ( Thumpstick you called it). You were going to trade it back. He was going to give you back your Dads pin, retrieve his thumpstick. But according to what you have said .... the signal that he had been killed was that the pin was returned to you. And thats what has happened, BUT didn't he still say ( in that case) that you and he would meet on some island somewhere for a grand party? And rereading that I have to wonder if the person who will someday walk up to you on some sandy beach might just be a Morgan in a different age. See what I mean? Perhaps the Morgan who was able to slide through time has already gone into the future so he knew when he said that to you that he would in fact meet you someday .... because he already had.

If you agree with some of the concepts of this book then that idea shouldn't be entirely outrageous. (If you don't then perhaps that meeting may never take place.) You have to admit, if you are ever approached by a stranger with green eyes , someone who knows far more than a stranger would... wouldn't that PROVE all of this to you? I am getting odd on you here maybe but that thought struck me that maybe Morgan has been playing with your head all along... thats why it goes back together after it has exploded! And maybe to accept this level of knowledge you also have to be able to KNOW this without having the absolute requirement to prove the experience to others. Perhaps there is no way to " Prove it" to anyone but the person who experiences it.

I remember that sort of odd meeting that MarkC reported having when he was visiting Great Balley High School. He said that some tall strapping kid " bumped into him" ( strongly enough to spin him around and remember Mark? You reported that you had a funny feeling about that meeting. Think hard about it. How old did he look? Did he actually belong in that particular setting? Did the other kids greet him? Know him or was he there just for that bump and smile? I know this sounds like a movie .... but perhaps its as real as anything and perhaps movies just are ways of telling the truth when you can't come straight out and tell it in another way. Like Speilbergs silver saucer!

So given those thoughts to think about. How do you picture the Morgan you expect to meet on that beach? I really would appreciate seeing an answer to that if you can, grady