It's a small world after all.

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
SLicK-G
Space Cadet

Lost a brain cell or two

Post by SLicK-G »

My mistake on the island that was used for live artilery. I believe it was San Nicolas, not San Clemente. Both have air strips, but one seems to be more to it. So, my bad.

Sorry guys.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

growing up on Catalina

Post by Victoria Steele »

Growing up on Catalina! What a trip! I am so jealous that you could ride your horses into the ocean. I just think thats wonderful. What a magnificent place to grow up!

I remember the Busy Bee! Had lunch there if its the one that sort of hangs out over the ocean. You can sit there and watch the boats. How Great. What a history you have!

But you know I can't let all this space technology stuff slide by. So your step Dad was Verne Morand? And he was the one who took over Arnolds interest in the plant on Catalina that was making heat sensors for satellites. Anybody else reading this from Catalina? Anybody else remember Dr. Brown? Come on Catalina! Anybody else remember?

Wait. Didn't someone say that while he was there Dr. Brown developed something he called the " Electric Mirror Company'? Pat and Neenie mentioned that in their messages in the section called " Meeting Dr. Brown" (Its a great thread for all newcomers, very personal accounts of what it was like to work for Dr. Brown and what their impressions were of Dr. and Mrs Brown.) viewtopic.php?t=117

Suddenly it strikes me that on such a small island Dr. Brown and Arnold Morand would have HAD to know each other. Wouldn't they? But was the " Electric Mirror" just a cover for their relationship there on the island?

I had to laugh about them using your long hairs for their work. Thats so typical of being inventive and its a lovely funny story. Lucky they were not in mass production or you would have gone bald! Thanks so much for your Catalina view. I am sure there will be more questions, just that I think I am the first one up this morning. Hey guys... times awastin! We got stuff here to talk about. Who wants to be the first to look up Adel Wiggins? Thanks Slick for the lead. Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

Adel Wiggins Group?

Post by grinder »

Whew, big outfit. VEry big outfit. Take a look at their site. Notice what comes up. The B2. Quick disconnect hoses. Huh. Notice this though

If you go backward on the chain

TRANSDIGM

TransDigm is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered component products for the commercial and military aerospace industries. The Company also has limited sales to a number of related specialized industrial markets, such as mining and marine equipment. TransDigm operates five business units: AdelWiggins Group, AeroControlex Group, Marathon Power Technologies, Adams Rite, and Champion Aerospace"

Is that enough to chew on for awhile you ask? It is for me. Actually I am glad that Paul is having computer problems and has been delayed getting the next chapter out because its given me time to take a moment and nose around here.

Hey Slick. You ever get a sense of how ODD the connections are here. Between you and the Brown family, between you and your Mom and your Grandfather and me and my Dad? Its just like we are meant somehow to be in this sort of closed loop system but we never knew we were in it, until now? Or is that just me? I am ready to wager that there was alot going on just under our noses and you and I are about to begin to see it all. Buckle up! I think this is going to be some ride! grinder
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

tip of the iceberg

Post by ladygrady »

And what you all are sensing I think will prove to be just the tip of the iceberg.

Looking further from my desk into Adel Wiggins ..... Transdigm ..... there is jut this little restructuring organizational chart. Might be fun to see which companies are " reporting" to Transdigm ..... which I believe is not too old an organization. Reminds me of what Elizabeth called this forum once. She (or was it you Victoria) said this forum was a " living breathing thing" and in the organizations that are mentioned here I can sense what might be behind them ( even without their knowledge) Do you all realize the impact of all of this?

Anyway, this quote:

Mr. John Leary, President of Adams Rite Aerospace; Mr. Todd Littleton,
President of Champion Aerospace; Mr. Howard Skurka, President of Skurka
Aerospace; and Mr. Bryce Wiedeman, General Manager of Avionics Instruments
Inc., continue in their current assignments.
In this new organization structure, Messrs. Henderson, Leary, Littleton,
and Rodriguez will report to Mr. Laubenthal. Mr. Laubenthal and Mr. Rufus
will report to me.

W. Nicholas Howley
Chairman and Chief Executive Office
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

quick disconnects

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have been noticing some of the products mentioned . Quick disconnects? ( I like those, they are cool.... only takes one hand to disconnect a line) and I thought suddenly that I caught a whiff of the fox in all of this.

For two days now I have been asking myself, "If there was a deal with the Navy and the Navy " got what it wanted" then what did the Caroline Group get? It got what ANY PRIVATE FIRM WANTS WHICH DEALS WITH THE GOVERNMENT IN ANY FORM ...... Future contracts!

But the Caroline Group doesn't show up as just one humongeous entity. Thats not its style. No, it would ( in a way that ONLY the Caroline Group insiders seem to recognize) would encourage probably hundreds of other firms to step up and get involved. They might not even realize where their inspiration comes from but each of those firms would then be the moving force and the beneficiary of this new technology. And there would be so many of them that each one would not know what the other was doing. I mean.Look at all of these huts. Just like Twigsnapper said ..." each hut would not interact. But then remember he talked about Dr. Brown being the bee in all of this. As if all of those "huts" were flowers and Dr. Brown was the bee ....... A very busy bee indeed.

If you are making a quick disconnect hose for the public and happen to be lucky enough to have a government contract or two that even makes you a stronger company. Look at the people you can hire, the materials you can pay for .... the force in the economy of this country you become! Meanwhile you are also supplying parts for projects that are decidely black. Make sense? Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

hungry?

Post by Mikado14 »

Here is a link for something to chew on. Is it fat or air?

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4636617.html

Does anyone see a possible link to brown?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: All aboard to Catalina

Post by Mikado14 »

SLicK-G wrote: He also owned a hamburger place on front street, called the Busy Bee. After work, he would go down there and just sit with his wife chatting to all of the islanders.
Would this "wife" be your Mother?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: All aboard to Catalina

Post by Mikado14 »

SLicK-G wrote: I guess hair is a very good conductor of electricity. Well, they would hang weights on them to pull them straight and apply some sort of glue or as I would call it back then, a clear gooey looking liquid. It smelled alot like model glue but even more pungent
If I have it correct, they were not concerned with the conducting of current, in fact, the complete opposite. Hair has a very high tensile strength and what you smelled was a doping agent. Much like the stuff you would put on fabric airplane wings.

I apologize for just throwing out questions without an introduction. Obviously, I am Mikado and I have a tendency to piss off people without much effort for my directness <G>. But believe me, it is only the quest for answers and it is not personal. Actually, in real life I am nothing at all as my forum persona as others will attest.

Looking forward to any input, insights or just plain talk for you never know what can come from a conversation about ......your hair. Just one other question....When it didn't work correctly did you ever hear anyone mention that they had a bad hair day?

Welcome to our group.

Mikado
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Slick-G,
Hello from waterlogged England.
Remember that you have fallen into the rabbit hole, so logic is gone.
Can you tell me if the horses on Catalina ever refuse to go near any certain areas?, or if they start napping at specific points.
They are much more sensitive to certain things than we are.

Your hair story rang a strange bell as well, German submarines to be precise, I am fairly sure they used human hair in them, its a sticky area to discuss , but it happened.
Also since the hair on the top of my head has decided to wander downwards, I seem to be recieving ever clearer signals from somewhere?
Budhists shave their heads.
See how strange it is down here, mention something and the next moment your in space.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

paths cross

Post by twigsnapper »

Listen up grinder. This is especially for you and Slick.

Grinder:

Your Father spent a summer on Catalina as a " technical assistant" between Mr. Arnold Morand and people from the San Francisco area. Others have pictures of him picnicing with friends at " Two Harbors". during that time. Those pictures will find their way to you. Your father and Slicks mother did maintain a working relationship based on their experiences together years earlier in Nassau and Miami. Remember what I said a long time ago folks. Don't forget the women in this story.

And Slick,
I know just a little bit about you, you should realize. Thats just me.

I know, for example, that you were there the day that Josephine Brown died in her daughters arms. You can't get any closer to a family than that. And it pleases me that you have joined the forum. I admire your dedication to horses and your character as a person. And I expand that welcome to the fellow who later became your husband. Welcome to the forum both of you. twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

helping connect dots

Post by twigsnapper »

Slicks probably out riding ( Sorry Slick by the way, about Mindy. Thought I should mention that.) so I will answer this one for you Mikado. Don't want you to think that I am ignoring you. I am not. I just generally leave well enough alone.<g>

Arnold Morand was Verne Morands father. Verne was married to Slicks mom ... a second marriage I believe... that occasioned the move of the family from the Miami area ( seaplanes and Mr. Franklin) to Catalina Island.

Mr. Arnold Morand and his wife Bess used to sit with Dr. Brown and Josephine every afternoon at their restaurant by the water ( The Busy Bee) but this I believe was before his son arrived on the island.

And I have said enough. You all can go from here . Just wanted you to have the right information. A good man needs good and accurate tools . twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: helping connect dots

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: Don't want you to think that I am ignoring you. I am not. I just generally leave well enough alone.<g>
My dear Mr. Twigsnapper, as someone once said about an individual with your stature and position, no news is the best news, I know that at the very least I am heading in the correct compass point.

twigsnapper wrote:Mr. Arnold Morand and his wife Bess used to sit with Dr. Brown and Josephine every afternoon at their restaurant by the water ( The Busy Bee) but this I believe was before his son arrived on the island.
Thank You for that, this might help with something I was looking at today.

Best

Mikado
Moldova
Space Cadet

Re: quick disconnects

Post by Moldova »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I have been noticing some of the products mentioned . Quick disconnects? ( I like those, they are cool.... only takes one hand to disconnect a line) and I thought suddenly that I caught a whiff of the fox in all of this.

For two days now I have been asking myself, "If there was a deal with the Navy and the Navy " got what it wanted" then what did the Caroline Group get? It got what ANY PRIVATE FIRM WANTS WHICH DEALS WITH THE GOVERNMENT IN ANY FORM ...... Future contracts!Elizabeth

E, you started a heated dicussion about mathematical anomolies, and had all the men up in arms trying to find your dollar. I think this is where the "fuzzy math" would start to make a lot of sense. Let's take a quick look back at three cowboys and $30.00, except let's add a couple 6 zeros to it and you can see where the gov't gets funding for it's pet projects. "pay $30B for toilet seats, the order only totals $25B. Give $2b to the GOA as a "tip" to keep their department in the black. The cowboys (Transdyme, Adel Wiggins, Aerospace group) get their "dollar" back and the DOD suddenly has an extra $1B on paper. Let's run out and buy another RAWS unit.

Moldova /wink
To quote the last famous words of Socrates... "I drank what?!"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

another country heard from

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I understand that Dr. Brown had a favorite saying, an expression of delight when someone he really admired showed up out of the dark to add to the conversation. He used the expression " Hello! Another Country Heard From!" So I am using that expression to welcome you to the forum officially. Welcome Moldova! How nice to hear from you!

Looking forward to many more messages!

I sort of left that little cowboy story alone. Glad to hear that someone out there actually got it. Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

remember this discussion?

Post by grinder »

Sometimes there is a wealth of information behind us.
Try this for example. Note the date, note the discussion.

viewtopic.php?p=4666#4666

I hope that was right, MY computers acting strange.

Actually, given what I THINK is going to be mentioned soon regarding submarines etc maybe we should all revisit this entire thread because I think its going to be very important in being able to give us "eyes" for this next round. USOs . Really. Maybe they have been "ours" all along! grinder