It's a small world after all.

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

What I meant ....

Post by Mikado14 »

....when I said "weak willed" I was talking of those who abuse.

I wouldn't be here now to be a cynical, self-rightous son-of-a-bitch, pick apart peoples posts and just a plain pain in the ass to this forum if it where not for drugs. I take them everyday and some of the people I love the most in this poor world and some of that small number who I bring into my life need them as well.

Perhaps I should have been more clear about "weak willed", again, I was speaking of those who go to extremes and abuse. It is those types of individual that create the demand, thus the market.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

Trickyfox time!!!

Post by Trickfox »

I assume that much Mikado, but I supose I had to try to show you my dark "gothic" side just a tiny bit.....LOL.

Trickyfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Radomir:

Here's a good place to lurk for a while and see what's going on with the religion and spiritualism thingy. Lots of good people here in the main, and very respectful for the most part. I've benefitted from my experiences there.

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/

Mikado...Amen Brother !

flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: No DANGER

Post by Paul S. »

Trickfox wrote:I have NO DOUBT that Paul's life is safe. He just does not possess any knowledge which could put him in harms way. At least I'm quite convinced of that. What do you think Paul?
I think my "covert mentors" (a new phrase I just picked up -- anybody recognize it?) have bent over backwards to make sure that I don't "possess any knowledge" that would put me in jeopardy. That, despite my best (i.e. mostly feeble) efforts to find out more than they want to tell me. It's been an interesting dance, to say the least.

What's flowperson's tagline? "...better than marching?" Amen.

-PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

these covert mentors

Post by ladygrady »

Great moniker " Covert Mentor" Just about says it. Someone who gives you all kinds of information and sage advice but someone that you will never be able to name or expect to step forward to verify anything?

I am just sure that you have been upset with them for not giving you more when I am sure you felt tht you deserved it and they were being " petty" and secretive for no reason. I m also sure they had a hundred reasons for every shred of informaton that they gave up and let bubble to the surface.

How long have you realized that maybe they were keeping you from sliding into a situation where you would know too much and then be subject to capture ... and maybe worse. The oher side still exists and they do the same things that Russia was doing late in the war. grady

Endlessly interesting. Keep slugging away Paul.
grinder
Senior Officer

evenhanded and firm

Post by grinder »

Flow,

I REALLY wanted to tell you that I appreciated you putting up that link on comparative religions.

I think one of the reasons that the site is comfortable is that the moderator has set guidelines that are firm and fair. He also seems well educated in seeing potential problems and has sort of " headed them off at the pass."

Of course, Paul as the moderator for our forum has done a great job too but its been a little harder for him, I think. I am sure he had no idea what subjects this forum would even head for, not to mention not even knowing where a pass might be! So I can see that its been hard to know what to expect. I guess when you open a site about comparing religions right off you KNOW its going to get heated. And then here, of course, there is always Elizabeths influence, which seems to me a calming factor when we all get upset.

I liked this phrase though and I wanted to share it with everybody ( and to also encourage those of you who are interested in the various subjects to go to this site . Flow is right. Its informative and you won't have to listen through alot of flamethrowing.) Also lookl seeing " Flowpersons name show up occasionally is like meeting an old friend on the road.

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/register.php

And this is a phrase that the moderator used:

"All things considered, you have not only the potential but the opportunity to be constructive here. You may even learn something. Please try to bear that in mind."

WE HAVE NOT ONLY THE POTENTIAL BUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE CONSTRUCTIVE. Those words just leapt out at me !

YOU MIGHT EVEN LEARN SOMETHING .........

Putting those words up in front of me. Means much to me right at the moment! grinder
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Grinder:

Thanks for your response. As a liberal believer I was certainly shocked, to say the least, when I was excluded from two liberal church communities simply for what I believed and wrote about. C'est la vie...though.

You are right...the Comparative Religion site and and most of the people who inhabit it are the real deal, even though all things these days can be day-to-day in their character and viability. But it has been an endless source of needed information and inspiration for me this past year. Be sure that you check out their extensive on-line collection of ancient text translations. Lots of ideas and answers there if one likes to read that sort of thing.

My own take on all this, as intimated in the Sanskrit references in past posts here, is that we're really re-discovering things that the ancients knew about concerning the nature of reality, and that have been lost in our headlong historical rush into gross materialism. However, I do enjoy my comforts. the trick is to establish reasonable balances, in much the same manner as happens in natural systems.

As far as meeting people on the road, I am always reminded, in that sense, of Rutger Hauer's film, The Hitch Hiker. Not the kind of guy I'd want to meet whilst traveling, and they're still out there.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

open doors

Post by grinder »

Precisely Flow. Not all strangers you meet are " hail fellow well met" appropriate. I think that the Caroline Group has known this all along. I wonder what sorts of dangers they may have come up against while trying to shepherd us into some sort of understanding.

Paul has made reference to the Centurions who are out there and I think he means more than the soldiers and military and policemen that we already associate. Its obvious to me that the Caroline Group has such a section. Nature displays that. You disturb an ant hill and out come the soldier ants first to protect what is most precious below. Wouldn't it make sense that the Caroline Group would display this. But of course who would know the battles they may have already fought since we are just now looking in their direction.

I worry about a scenario where we are introduced maybe to an " alien technology" with all so many benefits. Was it Elizabeth who said that would be like having a car pull up as you are walking along the road. The door opens. Do you get in? Something to really think about. Fear is differnt than caution. grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

looking at it the other way

Post by grinder »

And here is a new thought that I should have seen right off. Thanks to Flow. What if the guy walking along the road .... with no real advanced technology is the REAL danger in this scenario????? What if the Caroline Group is the car and driver and here they come. Do they pick up this straggler on the road???? what is going to step into their car with them????? Now, thats enough to make me understand why distance is important to them because frankly we have not proven that we are NOT that dangerous hitchhiker yet. Theres a thought. Makes sudden sense to me so maybe I have hit a truth? grinder
Geoff
Space Cadet

Linda's little fan

Post by Geoff »

Silent, microchip-sized 'fan' has no moving parts, yet produces enough wind to cool a laptop.

http://www.physorg.com/news125057974.html

Somehow appropriate and rather nice that this should be blowing in the wind today.

Geoff
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

thank you Geoff

Post by Linda Brown »

Thank you Geoff, for noticing the little things!

Cools cookies pretty well too. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Geoff,
COOL find .
http://membres.lycos.fr/plasmapropulsio ... c_Wind.htm
Click on corona history, perhaps our trompe reynard could converse with these people, and maybe set some records straight?
kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

remembering too

Post by twigsnapper »

Thinking back now to 1956, March 18th Paris. And a man who was away from home on his birthday. Others aound him skoffed that would be hardly an inconvenience considering the adventure surrounding them, but he felt it keenly, the separation from his wife and daughter on that special day.
And I feel it too now. Happy Birthday Dr. Brown. O'Riley