Who Are Those Guys??

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Who Are Those Guys??

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38753

This is for Mikado and other fans of Star trek.....

New photos from the upcomming new star trek movie includng the new Spock and Captain Kirk....

Enjoy everyone..... I just want to see this movie in English for gawd sake!!!!!

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Trickfox,

How are you feeling now? Thinking of you alot of course! Yea Star Trek. Even in French!

Griffin,

Maybe you are right about the guy on the right. Mr. Spirito was always the more sombre of the two and if anyone in that pair was armed it would have been him! Pushchek was ( as I remember him) a funny, halfway goofy individual. Probably way too bright for his own good and over the top as an individual. He is the one who taught me many of the skills I needed in the lab during the summer of 66 and if anyone needed to lighten the mood in the place we always counted on Nick ( I think it was " Nickolas" but I am not entirely sure.

My husband in fact asked me the other day .... " How do you know thats what their names were?" and I had to respond ..." I don't". In fact.... looking back ... other than the daily journal I was keeping .... I don't know if those individuals are mentioned ANYWHERE.

Trying to fill Elizabeth Helen Drakes shoes here a bit in the research department ... but HOW would anyone find these men? The records from Deckers Lab seem to have disappeared off of the face of the earth. Kevin ... you said a while ago at the beginning of this thread that if I needed any question asked then... I should just ask. So here goes ....DOES ANYONE READING THIS recognize these men? or their real names? Surely I am not the only one left who worked with them that summer? I can't be the only one. Am I? Perhaps sensing my own mortality here but it nags at me that I seem to be the only one left standing.

Mr. Moyer? Remember that summer? Of course even as the president of the company I had the impression that you didn't get a grasp of what was really going on .... but would you even remember me? Are you out there somewhere?

I know that Paul can prove connections between Mr. Decker and Nassau from a trip that he and my Dad took at one time before we moved up to Philadelphia.. and I have always known that Spirito and Puscheck were referred to by Mr. Stephenson as " our men at Deckers" but I wonder what that was like for them during that summer and where they went afterward.

If you sense a bit of anxiety over that you are probably right. I feel sometimes as if I have been witness to a whole block of history that somehow " didn't exist" then ... and now I seem to be the only one standing here going .... "who were those guys .... these were the guys I knew .... but who were they actually?"

And there is a certain sadness too because they were such interesting personalities and surely they can't just be forgotten?

Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Trickfox wrote:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38753

This is for Mikado and other fans of Star trek.....

New photos from the upcomming new star trek movie includng the new Spock and Captain Kirk....

Enjoy everyone..... I just want to see this movie in English for gawd sake!!!!!

Trickfox
Trickfox,

Glad to see that you're doing better. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for continuing your healing and strength.
The Star Trek movie looks exciting. Have you seen the trailer yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZiR-NETDr0

Linda, as for S&P, accountants keep good records. Maybe there are still some books from Decker's Lab in Philadelphia. If the company went to court, the books may have followed. I know Mikado dug and found a reference to the Lab before. Maybe that will lead to the account books. In it is payroll. So if these were Decker's employees, there should have been a record of their paychecks. Good luck!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

htmagic wrote:[
Linda, as for S&P, accountants keep good records. Maybe there are still some books from Decker's Lab in Philadelphia. If the company went to court, the books may have followed. I know Mikado dug and found a reference to the Lab before. Maybe that will lead to the account books. In it is payroll. So if these were Decker's employees, there should have been a record of their paychecks. Good luck!

MagicBill

MagicBill,

Good morning. All the business and bankruptcy records, as per one of the attorneys that worked on it, are in federal archives on Roosevelt Blvd, in Philly. If you have a year to spend on this you could go through them, there's ALOT.

Kim
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Kim wrote:MagicBill,

Good morning. All the business and bankruptcy records, as per one of the attorneys that worked on it, are in federal archives on Roosevelt Blvd, in Philly. If you have a year to spend on this you could go through them, there's ALOT.

Kim
See, Linda? I TOLD you accountants were good about writing things down! :wink:
You'd have to go through the Payroll and then weed out the names you know that didn't work in that department.
It would be like finding a needle in a haystack but the MythBusters proved that it could be done, even finding a needle made of bone.

MagicBill
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Thankyou guys. ANOTHER good reason to make a trip to Philadelphia in the future.

Speaking of accountants. Bill Kallio ..... are you still a pilot and an accountant? Do you remember Decker lab? ... are you still reading these posts? Do you remember the girl in the white lab coat, summer of 66?

You said once to me that I should not "keep my light under a barrel" (or whatever the real quote to that was )..... mine might be just a little light in a very dark world....but what do you think of Pauls efforts here?

Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Linda Brown wrote:<SNIP>

You said once to me that I should not "keep my light under a barrel" (or whatever the real quote to that was )..... mine might be just a little light in a very dark world....but what do you think of Pauls efforts here?

Linda
Linda,

Jesus said this in 3 of the 4 Gospels. Quoting from Luke 11:33;
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
Even a little light in a lot of dark seems bright. Linda (and others), let your light shine on!

MagicBill
Geoff
Space Cadet

Post by Geoff »

I don’t know how unusual the name Spirito is, but a lady by that name has just informed me that the three individuals in the forum photo are unfamiliar to her. However, she has very kindly offered to see if any members of her family know of any connection with Dr Brown. She also informs me that there are ‘Spirito’s in Connecticut, though they are not members of her family. I very much appreciate her kindness in replying to me.
Geoff
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

This is an odd thread to use for this message maybe. Or maybe not.

This message is for Howie...

It was so wonderful talking with you today and I just wanted to establish a place here where you can find something solid in the relationship that we once had ( and continue to have, in our own special way)

You were always the gentleman in my life. In fact one time you actually told me that you were probably the only thing that I knew that was solid. Maybe you didn't realize at that time how correct your observation was ..... and thinking about it now you were mainly right.

I chose Morgan over my relationship with you ( which was a painful situation that Paul never really wrote about . I think that he mentioned that I " returned your ring". But there was a whole lot more to it than just that.) and sometimes I wondered if I didn't make a mistake in that choice..(for that other person I might have become).... but for the other things that were in my life ( then and now) I realize that I did choose the right path for myself and others... in the VERY long run .....

You and I are nearing retirement age my friend, and I think we have much to be proud of in our separate lives ... so we did the right thing by going in different directions.

I just wanted you to know that the two years that I had at Great Valley were so very special to me and you were the main part of that experience. I was what everyone else was around me ... a youngster enjoying friends and families ... I remember our dates and even your Moms special ham, cheese and bread and butter pickle sandwiches... I remember riding with Jimmy out of Meadowcrest ... and the day that you came home from the National Guard. ... remember when you broke your shoulder during your Judo training.. Our long walks in the snowy lane in front of Ashlawn.

.I couldn't share with you though what else was happening in my life and that part would probably never have really changed. So maybe this forum and all of the things that are presented here can help you understand that a little better now.. My choice of Morgan over you... ... there was a lot more to it than simply that.

Honored to know you. Still here. Tiger
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

" Howie" ( whoever you really are)

Damn. I wish I could look forward to a letter like that from my highschool steady. some forty-four years later. Pretty potent stuff here. I would be lucky to get ...... "Mark who? Oh yeah the kid who met me after class and carried my books.. He was such an idiot"

I wondered after I read that chapter if Linda ever kept up any kind of correspondence with you and if so .... how much did you ever learn about what she and her Dad were doing?

Do you remember Dr. Brown very much? Maybe thats an unfair question. Teenaged boys just normally have to go through the motions " Yes Sir. Back home by ten ( or whatever) yessir. Will drive safe yessir... (Lets get the hell out of here so we can park).... What was that? Yessir. ( Course now I am on the other side of the stick. I would run the little buggers through a flogging line if I thought that I could get away with it.)

I would love to ask you your impression of the young Morgan but maybe I shouldn't go there.

How did you get past Charles Miller? In case you don't remember his name, he was the Browns driver and actually bodyguard. Did you ever get that idea or did you think that he was simple "hired help"?

Sorry for all of the questions but it is so rare to get a chance maybe to communicate with someone who was actually there during some of the things that happened in Dr. Browns life.

and " Tiger" has got to mean something special. But I think that must be an unchanging quality. MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I " happened upon" Flows old comment here on this thread about George Elsey.

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7822#p7822

Has anyone gotten back on that trail. I know that it seemed far flung connecting Elsey and this man named Spirito....... but nobody ever followed up on it to really discount it and as far as I am concerned it is hanging there like some sort of golden tinsel on our Christmas tree. If someone could prove that Elsey and Spirito were the same...WHAT WOULD THAT MEAN/ The idea is sort of staggering and maybe its just too big for the current investigation. I am just throwing a bib BIG red flag down on this whole discussion.

Maybe Paul, when you get back to the missing years" you can get into this further. What would it mean? IF he was the same? Connections to the President? A meeting arranged by him in Hawaii? and a big hole in his resume during your missing years? Maybe its a story just not ready to be told yet?

And THANKS FLOW. Thinking of you alot. MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Another snippet on Elsey, taken from an interview with another individual for the Truman Library.

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/oralhist/nash7.htm

"Now, as to who I worked with on it. At this time Clark Clifford was generally in charge of speechwriting, George Elsey was his principal assistant, and had been the sole draftsman for so many years. George drafted almost everything-I mean he had the job they call the Drafting Officer in the State Department. He worked long hours and weekends and holidays and nights and everything else. In the early years of the Truman administration, nobody else was doing it, nobody else was really permitted to. So George had a very important role. Then Clark Clifford expanded it, they had to, of course, for the '48 campaign, and..................

and I am going .. to borrow Pauls well worn expression ......WTF?

"Drafting Officer? In the State Department?????? ////// dedication over the top////
"nobody else was really permitted to?????? HUH?

And IF this is the same man as the " Spirito " in Philadelphia in 1966 then I can sure see how the connection with the Navy and the Cutlass comes into play. There HAS to be a connecting link here. I can practically smell it. Trying to be a good hound here Mr. Twigsnapper, honest. MarkC
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Mark-

I personally doubt that Spirito and Elsey are the same person although, of course, it's possible they interacted. Although Spirito is not an uncommon European name, it's rather an apt assumed name for a "spook" -- although seemingly a bit obvious. My cousin, who was involved in spooky government work, named her black cat "spook."

Then there's "spooky action at a distance" -- but where can't the spirit go?

In the Holiday Spirit -- Happy and de-Light-ful Winter Solstice to All.

Griffin