Chapter 61: Will You Please Come With Us

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

direct me?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Can anybody direct me to that first mention of Twigsnappers regarding the watch and the man having (lunch?) by the window? or whatever it was. I just have no idea where to look, or how long ago that was called to our attention?

I vaguely remember the conversation but can't recall where it is on the forum.

Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Ms. Steele...This thread, page 4.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Thank you

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thank you Flow. I looked and looked but must have been skipping that page for some reason. Another case of something being right under my nose. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Lunch, not Breakfast

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:Can anybody direct me to that first mention of Twigsnappers regarding the watch and the man having (lunch?) by the window? or whatever it was. I just have no idea where to look, or how long ago that was called to our attention?
And I was mistaken thinking it was breakfast. Twigsnapper just said "ate." Apparently it WAS lunch:
Mayflower Hotel Website wrote: Harry Truman resided here for the first 90 days of his presidential term and FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover lunched at the Mayflower nearly every day he was in town.
http://www.historichotels.org/hotel/39

Interesting place, that Mayflower Hotel...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Nose? What Nose?

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: Another case of something being right under my nose.
Gee, I have NO idea what THAT's like... :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

special introductions

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mr. Twigsnapper says that the gold watch came from a jewelry store??? in the Mayflower????? bought by the government????? for the young Dalai Lama ..... gee, I can barely cut through all of the agendas here.

Paul, isn't the Mayflower where Dr. and Mrs Brown used to meet while they were living in Washington DC. I remember a really charming picture of the both of them. ... I think the year was .... 1942, or earlier? I just wish I could get the potted plants in that place to talk! Or the wallpaper to Spill the beans about the man having lunch there everyday , a gold watch, a couple of OSS agents heading for Tibet. I just wish I could see the connections. Interesting anyway even if it never makes a whole lot of sense! right now. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Guys...What do you believe the link re: the Mayflower meant by saying the building had "more gold than any other building in the country except for the library of Congress"? D'ya think the gift shop is/was THAT expensive and luxurious ? Lots of gilt trim inside ? Never been there myself. Rooms and suites with gold faucets ?

Why does anyone think HST stayed there during the first 90 days of his term? I do know that he stayed in Blair House across the street from the White House in 1948 when the White House was turned into a concrete structure from a wooden structure. Oh, Oh... we're into the CONCRETE thingy again, sorry.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

yes

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Mikado,

I knew someone once who tried to downplay the importance of the "visions" I was sometimes unwise enough to share with him. Couldn't stand it. Called them my " flights of fancy" and yet when he said that I rather liked the description. They are "flights" way above our current understanding sometimes. Because of that I have learned that when one of those "downloads" makes no sense at the moment I just have to remind myself to "wait for it" that the moment is on its way which will fit that puzzle piece perfectly. It just takes time .
And something tells me that that same individual has been proven wrong. Did you serve salt and pepper when he ate his words?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Post by Bulwark »

I couldn't help but notice that this thread is rolling along on a very interesting path.

I haven't been posting much but I have been reading. And am quite amazed at the direction this forum is taking. It appears that an esoteric path does not seem as far fetched as it did a year ago. The spirituality of the day is to just not mention it. I see posters speaking of visions, sights and sounds of mountains, men and road signs. There is talk of the 14th Dalai Lama, sorry Linda, he is not the 13th, and a possible connection to Dr. Brown. There are times I wonder that if we look hard enough, we might just find a link for Dr. Brown and paint spraying. But then, that might be very true, all you have to do is look or perhaps even Coca Cola. We all want to be the one around the primal campfire and give great insights as an Aristotle but sometimes we come off sounding like Will Rogers, but then, they are divergent.

This all brings me to Theosophy. There was a man who spoke 8 different languages and could converse in 3 more. Let's see, that would be 11. This man was ambidextrous and could write two letters, one with the right and one with the left and they could both be totally different. He was reputed to have helped the fabled Rosencreuz, Fratres Lucis, and with the "Knights and Brothers of Asia" who studied Rosicrucian and Hermetic science and made the "philosopher's stone" one of the objects of their research. This person was instrumental with the Knights Templar and the Masonic societies, more than likely Scottish and the "Masters of Wisdom" or perhaps even "The Great Fraternity of Perfected Men" . He travelled all over Europe, his mission, part of which, was the introduction of Theosophical principles into the various occult fraternities of the day and this was entrusted to him. Does anything sound familiar? How about his claims of helping to develop steam power to help mankind usher in a new era, a prepatory action that he claimed was necessary for man in preparation for an even greater era? Does anything here sound familiar?

When this man was tired he sojouned in a very unique place, some say it was were he was born so many years ago, some say other things but the destination was the Himalayas.

You can find connections anywhere but remember, as the wise frenchmen said, "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it."

Bulwark
grinder
Senior Officer

and more questions

Post by grinder »

Hello Alaska.

You are funny. A rare intellect. First time I read your post I didn't realize how very astude your observations are and how much you have retained about what we have said here. I finally caught on when you made the crack about spray paint ... but then I realized that someone (can't remember who just now, but someone) made the remark that Dr. Brown may have had something to do with inventing electrostatic spray painting. So you have the ability to hold onto alot of information, for sure!

And I admit. You got going too quick here for me. Can I just flat out ask you who the person who speaks so many languages, writes with both hands, etc, etc is? Or is it a requirement that I figure it out for myself? I thought I would at least ask first. You know the old " Ask and Ye shall recieve" so its worth a try. Helped develop steam power? Scottish Masons? Knights Templar? I am so far behind!

And if you can be more helpful I would appreciate it ...... Cause I sure don't want to miss the trip! grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

salt and pepper

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

Oh I got even enough with the fellow. I married him. Elizabeth
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Re: and more questions

Post by Bulwark »

grinder wrote: And if you can be more helpful I would appreciate it ...... Cause I sure don't want to miss the trip! grinder
You mean it doesn't sound like Morgan?

He is reputed to speak 11 languages I believe I read somewhere in these forums.

He is working to help usher in a new age if we believe Twigsnapper.

hmmmm, let's see, what else?

Could there possibly be another?

What year was the argonaut reputedly built?

Upon graduation, wasn't Morgan younger than Linda Brown?

Gee I still love to ask a load of questions.

But my last question is which one is the red herring?

Bulwark
grinder
Senior Officer

but ......

Post by grinder »

Sounding like Morgan ....... and BEING Morgan ..... are two different things Bulwark.

I am still puzzled. Taking a few at a time ... Wasn't Morgan a couple of years older than Linda? Didn't he sort of run away from home for a couple of years. Or did I missunderstand what Paul wrote?

I understand that we might really be knocking on a strange door here. If Dr. Browns promise to Morgan has come true that means that Morgan himself ( with what , a crew?) might have been responsible for ALOT of ... ......er... whats the best word?..... historical .... ah ... manipulations?

Still there seem to be RULES of engagement in this kind of activity. Remember after he was asked what he would do if he could travel in time Morgans answer was " save my sister" and Dr. Brown seemed to say that would not be possible so there have to be some guidelines.

My mind blurs. Going to think on this some.

I know one thing. Mr. Twigsnapper has set out little crumbs for us to find after we have reached a certain level. Have we gotten there yet? ( are we there yet?, are we there yet?)Will what he said a year ago make more sense to us now. So I think thats what I am going to do while waiting for the next chapter. Just for my own curiosity. What has Mr. Twigsnapper thrown in our direction that we didn't "get" yet? Bound to be interesting I think.

and I'm going to listen to the person Mr. Twigsnapper calls Navigator too. He seems to think that the time is getting close where we will see things never before seen, step through windows never available before.

And if there was an "initial crew" of Morgan and some others and this was in the sixties????? What has been done since then?

Is this the source of the "inspiration" that have been helping all of us? (If there are some of you out there really new to this forum then you might not see what I mean here but those of you who have been around for at least a year, well, you should see the strangeness in this forum. If this place was a house it would be magic having floors that are invisible to the rest of the world. This is a STRANGE place which has a way of reaching out to interact with your own personal life. I thought that this only happened with WRITERS. grinder
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Re: or.......

Post by Bulwark »

grinder wrote: Sounding like Morgan ....... and BEING Morgan ..... are two different things Bulwark.
Never said it was, never said it wasn't. Just making a point that in our quest for truth and knowledge, we can find whatever we want and interpret what we see, hear etc into a result that fits our goal. Objectivity would be the highest order of the day. But what would be the second?
grinder wrote:I am still puzzled. Taking a few at a time ... Wasn't Morgan a couple of years older than Linda? Didn't he sort of run away from home for a couple of years. Or did I missunderstand what Paul wrote?
How about if we look at the year Linda Brown was born and the year she graduated? Wouldn't that have made her older than most in her class?
grinder wrote:I understand that we might really be knocking on a strange door here. If Dr. Browns promise to Morgan has come true that means that Morgan himself ( with what , a crew?) might have been responsible for ALOT of ... ......er... whats the best word?..... historical .... ah ... manipulations?
How about guidance? The gentleman I was talking about in my previous post tried very hard to not have a certain king overthrown but it occurred and was one of the bloodiest. Not all can be changed apparently so there must be rules.
grinder wrote:Still there seem to be RULES of engagement in this kind of activity. Remember after he was asked what he would do if he could travel in time Morgans answer was " save my sister" and Dr. Brown seemed to say that would not be possible so there have to be some guidelines.

The paradoxes of time, been a lot of talk here on that subject but does it really matter? Isn't that what life is? The bliss and the woe that is balanced and makes us what we are and forges our personality and spins use on God's lathe? And what if Morgan did go back and save his sister anyway? How would that have changed him? He would still have the memory of the grief, the loss etc. Why not just go back and see her one more time and understand that that was her kharma, her life and that she chose that before she was even born for a reason, and just enjoy seeing her at a happy moment and rejoice in that but I digress into Tibet teachings....oh yeah, that's right, we were talking that originally.

grinder wrote:I know one thing. Mr. Twigsnapper has set out little crumbs for us to find after we have reached a certain level. Have we gotten there yet? ( are we there yet?, are we there yet?)Will what he said a year ago make more sense to us now. So I think thats what I am going to do while waiting for the next chapter. Just for my own curiosity. What has Mr. Twigsnapper thrown in our direction that we didn't "get" yet? Bound to be interesting I think.

And I wonder what part Twigsnapper is in the scheme of things. Is he part of the - what did he call it? - The council of elders and then changed it to ancients. The only council that I am aware of exists on another plane that has the same - mission for lack of a better word.
grinder wrote:and I'm going to listen to the person Mr. Twigsnapper calls Navigator too. He seems to think that the time is getting close where we will see things never before seen, step through windows never available before.

Why are you going to listen? Why not just listen to the voice that you ignore.
grinder wrote: And if there was an "initial crew" of Morgan and some others and this was in the sixties????? What has been done since then?

From what I have read here it would have been more in the seventies and or possibly in the 80's when, I better stop.

I'm finished my cup of inspiration thanks to Folgers and I always do have a tough time sleeping with only about 4 hours of darkness so I am going to go ride my Harley.

Just remember grinder, around that primal campfire sit many individuals, some have the wisdom and some don't but the important thing is that they are still sitting and listening and just maybe when the embers slowly die out all will rise and be better souls.

Bulwark
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

campfires

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Bulwark. So right! What counts is that we are able to sit down and stare into the flames and consider our futures ... in good company. Not a whole lot more than that. Honoring the past, exploring the future. Appreciating the present............

One thing I have really noticed about this "group" that Dr. Brown seems to have been wound up with..........Free choice is a big deal to them, but once in, they all seem fantastically dedicated to what they are doing together....... Not much of that old "meism" that I am so accustomed to seeing elsewhere.

But you notice there has been no "preaching" going on here other than encouragement to " figure things out on your own"?

Paul is excellent about that, mainly I think because he doesn't want to be preached at himself! And he is an individual who is bound and determined to make up his own mind, and his conclusions.

Anybody hear very much about the Russian " Doukhobors"?

No? Me neither.
I guess that the Tolstoy family helped get them moved to Canada during the turn of the century. The were called " Spirit Wrestlers" and were maybe some of the first Pascifists. Apparently that didn't go over too well in Russia!

My daughter handed me a whole bunch of papers that she has collected about them so I am not as well versed as I should be yet , considering how much work she has done already. Apparently they were alot like the Amish in America ... plain "folk" . She thinks that there could be a connection between those "folk" and your Canadian Miethe but shes not ready to spring it all on me yet. Just thought I'd warn you Paul because she has turned in to one heck of a researcher. Still trying to make Linda and Mr. Twigsnapper proud of her, I think!

Not saying much because I just don't have much to add or much to dispute.

The next move then is going to be Hawaii? I do agree with Radomir . I think that Josephine was exercising what must have been her "caregiving powers" regarding Dr. Brown. She knew he wasn't ready yet.

More pictures Paul? I understand most of the private pictures will be held over for the book but its good to be able get familiar with the faces we have been talking about. The last chapter was outstanding. Just stack the "A"s up in the corner.

MarkC