Chapter 60: No Need for Formalities

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: radar and microwaves

Post by Langley »

Mikado14 wrote:Langley

What you mention I too remember from years back when there was talk of putting up a string of satellites to convert solar energy and beam it to receiving stations for conversion to useable power. However, there is a distinct difference to what you are saying and radar. In your scenario the radar would have to be continuous transmission where as in actuality a radar transmission is pulsed and timed the reason for such is that a continuous transmission would interfere with the receiving antenna and by timing the transmitted pulse to the received pulse that is how the distance is measured.

I for one would not want to be transmitting power to the enemy via my radar. Power output of radar transmissions can be anywhere from 250kW up over 1MW but they are pulsed and when the average power is calculated is low. In Power Transmission, the power beam is continuous.

Think Meadville

Mikado
Fair enough. Hadnt considered that obvious point, as distinct from the continuous transmission. But its sweet if the there is connection between stealth absorption aspects (as opposed to scattering) and the ability to receive microwave transmission for use in systems on board.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: "he made things up

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote: What say you Mikado? grady
I would say "deception". I was going to say who I believed you work for but then you already know that. <g>

When was Dr. Brown in Meadville? Was it 1962?

I have an idea, give me your Email and I will send you a note on Linda Brown and where she was in 1998 and ...... get my point?

As always, my best,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: an excellent grasp

Post by Langley »

twigsnapper wrote:You have an excellent grasp of the possibilities Langley

And it does seem impossible the the "military" would not have control of this sort of technology and what you are speaking of here .... I would agree with you. They control much of that. The public doesn't know it yet but that is understandable.

However, there are always aces that are held close to the chest and so while I agree with you on much of what you have seen you must sense that there are other developments that have still been withheld. Any entity smart enough to control forces like this is also smart enough to know how to hide it in plain sight. How to keep it and for how long.

As for the military "having it?" I smile and you should too because you and I both know that the "military" has never had a complete grasp on what it has and knows it has and what it doesn't have and doesn't know that it doesn't have! <G>

Your thoughts about the possibilities are good and sound and spot on valid.

And I too sir have spent time reading odd and even silly books, just waiting. twigsnapper
Thanks, it does my self image good. Though I am a babe in the woods here. And my grasp of stuff is demonstably rudimentary at best. But yea, compartmentalisation means even a whole unit doesnt know what it has. concentric rings of increasing coherent knowledge as one moves toward the centre, like how Groves arranged the Manhattan Project. I once asked my Captain a question, he didnt know the answer, he made a phone call to a higher authority (it wasnt military) who told him the answer but he wasnt a llowed to tell me as I didnt need to know. They probably told him so he could maintain authority over me as appropriate. It was some feeble thing about the emission of a beta plus particle. The conventional explanation of it doesnt cut it, and at a certain level, an alternative model is used.

I worked around techs, wasnt one myself. So some things I throw in the ring well, they need to be reviewed.
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

as it is with all of us

Post by ladygrady »

You and are in much the same boat Langley. You would be amazed.

Thats why the interaction we have here with this forum is so important. It is vital that we double check each other but at the same time we do that we still have the ability to throw more coal on this fire of information. No one person can know everything. And even if you THINK you are terribly well versed there is always something so learn and usually it comes from something overlooked.

Things that occur to you would never strike me. And vice versa. Add that by the number of individuals we have here and we have a wonderful orchestra going here.

Mikado: schedule?
1960 Alexandria Virginia
1961 Meadville Pa
1962 Nassau / Decker Labs Bala Cynwyd
1963 Ashlawn/Decker lab
1964 Ashlawn/ Homestead Florida
1965 Homestead Florida
1966 Piladelphia/ Decker Lab
1967 45 days on road, settling Santa Monica ( GTI)

It continues but I don't want to make you dizzy. Just stuff across my desk. grady

Does that help
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: as it is with all of us

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote: Mikado: schedule?
1960 Alexandria Virginia
1961 Meadville Pa
1963 Ashlawn/Decker lab
1965 Homestead Florida

It continues but I don't want to make you dizzy. Just stuff across my desk. grady

Does that help
I forgot who you worked for <g> Once you get over 50...I forget the old saying.

Even if Dr. Brown DID solicit for investors in Meadville, why is there no record anywhere else of this taking place? Perhaps, in my opinion, that due to what he was working on, it is only another deceptive, misleading tidbit thrown out there to divert the average person. Even if the accounts were not paid for, perhaps the individual responsible i.e. Martin Decker or others, did not pay up and so since they were in Dr. Brown's name he is blamed. But how much credence can there be? Was there ever a civil case filed?

I call this stuff a "Copperfield anamoly".

Best

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

my look

Post by Victoria Steele »

My look at it?

Dr. Brown never intended to stay in Meadville.

The entire " he didn't pay his bills" is just a sham disinformation campaign to explain why someone would show up in an area and then disappear overnight.

The "informant at the college" was never identified. His purpose? to add to the campaign that was out there to discredit Dr. Browns work and help people "look elsewhere" but as someone once noted " People make mistakes. look for the mistakes"

In this case the informant was good about muddying Dr. Browns character ( the librarian bought into it certainly and she would then be the conduit to spred that disinformation) but that person made a serious mistake which is now to Pauls benefit. He mentioned satellites. That was a technical .... ooopppss!

black lincolns with phones. What organization would have black lincolns, phones , be interested in satellites and be stationed now on the Leesburg Pike? Your turn Mikado. (got your breath yet?) Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: my look

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:black lincolns with phones. What organization would have black lincolns, phones , be interested in satellites and be stationed now on the Leesburg Pike? Your turn Mikado. (got your breath yet?) Victoria
Breathing hard here.

In 1961, let's see, could it be an alphabet soup thingy?

Let's go with 3, 9, and 1. However, I would bet it is more like 14, 17, and 15

Mikado
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

family disinformation

Post by ladygrady »

Fathers don't always tell their sons everything either.

The effect that we have all been talking about was sort of a mystery to Paul Beifelds son. When Paul found responses that he had made regarding his fathers association with Townsend Brown the younger Mr. Biefeld seemed sure that they had never met and in fact that his father was barely aware of the young Browns work and not impressed with what he saw to start with. Notice the essence of disinformation. Here is part of that " He made things up" Chapter.

"We have never been able to find any evidence of a collaboration by these two men on any project, and Biefeld’s son, (now deceased) told us that his father knew Brown only slightly during the latter’s student days but never worked with him at any time.

That Biefeld’s family had no knowledge of Townsend Brown or the “Effectâ€
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

roles

Post by ladygrady »

Someone once told me that the NRO is the outfit that "runs" the satellites, the CIA s the outfit that "takes the pictures" (well, sort of, with the military of course )and the NSA and ,well, the list is longer than you might imagine. But most of the collected information is analyzed by an outfit called the National Photographic Interpretation Center.

At least that has been my understanding. Course, I have been to lunch, so things might have changed. grady

grinder
Senior Officer

The NRO

Post by grinder »

Information on the NRO here. VERY interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_R ... nce_Office

Does anybody know what Dr. Brown was doing in 1960, exactly? Well, Paul does and I suppose we just have to wait for him to get there, but we can at least speculate.

SOMETHING BIG must have happened in 1958 because he seems to have left the Bahnson Lab then and I have never figured why exactly. From the pictures taken of him at the time he seemed to be having a good time working with the people around him, and Agnew Bahnson I think was enough of a visionary where they were good partners. But suddenly he moved to Alexandria Va? So what was there grady? can you shed any more light. 1958 keeps coming up as an important date, but why.

oh, DUH, maybe this?

"The NRO was established in 1960 to develop the nation's revolutionary satellite reconnaissance systems. It was endorsed by Dwight D. Eisenhower in February 1958 after the Soviet Union launched Sputnik, the first orbital satellite. The need for the agency obtained greater urgency when Gary Powers was shot down in a Lockheed U-2 on May 1, 1960."

No one else has ever tied Dr. Brown to anything regarding satellites. BUT maybe thats just the point here. What would the "Caroline Group" have been most interested in, given their history? Thats what I am thinking. ... Its the perfect arrangement! An outfit that doesn't have to explain anything to anybody and an outfit that gets all the information FIRST. grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

and following the money trail

Post by Victoria Steele »

And following the money trail can get a bit difficult when it can be just "lost" like this

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htspac ... 70118.aspx

Like drats. Or .... lets see ....... where ELSE might that billion be spent?
Victoria
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

schedules

Post by twigsnapper »

Just to play around in this puddle some ..... this is a recent note from grady regarding the homes and areas chosen by Dr. Brown to live,

1960 Alexandria Virginia
1961 Meadville Pa
1963 Ashlawn/Decker lab
1965 Homestead Florida
1967 45 days on road, settling Santa Monica ( GTI)"

Now if you look at that with ohter information in your head you might see some loose threads. Let me go back a few strides and Paul you correct me if my mind has slipped a notch or two. Can happen

Where was the family in

1955 Leesburg Virginia ( but Dr. Brown had an apartment in Washington)
1956 Leesburg Viginia ( but Dr. Brown was generally in Europe)
1957 Umatilla Florida ( but Dr. Browns workplace has yet to be discovered?)
1958 Bahnson Labs, Winston Salem North Carolina
1959 Now this is where it REALLY starts getting dicey. When the "Notes were not taken, when the family moved several times but eventually took up residence in Alexandria Virginia. Those who know Dr. Brown would tell you that his lab was probably no further than 15 minutes away. Beau Kitselman joins him that summer, and a man named .... Sarbacher.

OK, now you can go forward into 1960. If you wish, of course. twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: schedules

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: 1959 Now this is where it REALLY starts getting dicey. When the "Notes were not taken, when the family moved several times but eventually took up residence in Alexandria Virginia. Those who know Dr. Brown would tell you that his lab was probably no further than 15 minutes away. Beau Kitselman joins him that summer, and a man named .... Sarbacher.

OK, now you can go forward into 1960. If you wish, of course. twigsnapper
Mr. Twigsnapper.

I'll see your puddle and raise you a splash.

First thing is this. Have you ever hunted Mr. Twigsnapper? or how about trapping? I don't hunt anymore, unless I would need to feed but then a prayer would be said for the life that was taken. However, I learned at a very early age that animals, whether they be domesticated or at large are mostly creatures of habit. And so are humans, unless of course someone is emulating Morgan, then randomness is the order of the day. I digress, so I will get to the point.

Are we to believe that for that period that Dr. Brown did not keep any lab books or notebooks? I don't.

Morgan, what did you do with the books that Dr. Brown gave you?

Drat, he won't answer, but how about you Mr. Twigsnapper?

Now one more thing, why should or would there be a differentiation in the lab location and where the family resided? And lastly, I would not find it unusual that Dr. Brown would have an apartment as well as a family residence, it just means that the apartment was closer to the lab and we already know how he would sleep in the lab. Or, perhaps what he was working on, the need to keep the family at a distance, and safe, was important.

One more thing, somewhere in here (the forum) or in my fugued mind, Sarbacher should have been present before 1959 and I am not talking 1945.

Your saying something here but I think I will go elsewhere for the moment.

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

good questions indeed

Post by twigsnapper »

The question about Dr. Sarbacher can be answered when Paul gets back to his chapters, I think. You can pretty much picture it. Dr. Brown injured and headed for an English hospital. Dr. Sarbacher and a rash and impatient young kiddo standing in the mud. I think that his single sigh was " Alright ....." and I will let Paul take it from there if thats what he decides to do.

One of the most interesting animals to hunt Mikado, is one that displays a distinct "randomness" but which at the core of it, if you are astute enough to uncover it , is the trait to return to the original course. Dr. Brown never deviated from his base course but the surface activities could put a pack of hounds to disarray. And he was exceptionally patient. Resolute. Quiet and determined. And not your average bear, either.

Notebooks from 1958 onward, separate from his "public" notebooks? Of course. Where are they? As Morgan told Paul when he asked that same question .... " somewhere safe"

Keeping separate from his family? Of course. The year is 1955-1956. Look what was happening in the world Dr. Browns family would have had protection, but of course it would have been something so subtle it would have been hiding in plain sight. A redhead standing in the rain. twigsnapper
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: as it is with all of us

Post by Langley »

ladygrady wrote:You and are in much the same boat Langley. You would be amazed.

Thats why the interaction we have here with this forum is so important. It is vital that we double check each other but at the same time we do that we still have the ability to throw more coal on this fire of information. No one person can know everything. And even if you THINK you are terribly well versed there is always something so learn and usually it comes from something overlooked.

Things that occur to you would never strike me. And vice versa. Add that by the number of individuals we have here and we have a wonderful orchestra going here.

Mikado: schedule?
1960 Alexandria Virginia
1961 Meadville Pa
1963 Ashlawn/Decker lab
1965 Homestead Florida

Does that help

Ting.

University of West Virginia, Morganstown.
Lets see.

http://www.as.wvu.edu/coll03/phys/www/OJ/jefimenk.html
Oleg D. Jefimenko
Professor Emeritus

Vordiplom: University of Goettingen (Germany), 1950
B. A.: Lewis and Clark College, 1952
M. A.: University of Oregon, 1954
Ph. D.: University of Oregon, 1956

West Virginia University
Department of Physics
P. O. Box 6315
Morgantown, WV 26506-6315

Journal articles:
D. Some Journal Articles . NOTE # 31

1. "Presenting electromagnetic theory in accordance with the principle of causality," Eur. J. Phys. 25, 287-296 (2004).
2. "Torque exerted by a moving electric charge distribution on a stationary electric charge distribution," J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 32, 5305- 5314 (2002).
3. "Dynamic electric field maps," The Physics Teacher, 38, 154-157 (2000)
4. "On the relativistic invariance of Maxwell's equations," Z. Naturforsch. 54a 637-644 (1999).
5. "The Trouton-Noble paradox," J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 32, 3755- 3762 (1999).
6. "A relativistic paradox seemingly violating conservation of momentum law in electromagnetic systems," Eur. J. Phys. 20, 39-44 (1999).
7. "On the experimental proofs of relativistic length contraction and time dilation," Z. Naturforsch. 53a, 977-982 (1998).
8. "On Maxwell's displacement current," Eur. J. Phys. 19, 469-470 (1998).
9. "Correct use of Lorentz-Einstein transformation equations for electromagnetic fields," Eur. J. Phys. 18, 444-447 (1997).
10. "Is magnetic field due to an electric current a relativistic effect?" Eur. J. Phys. 17, 180-182 (1996).
11. "Retardation and relativity: new integrals for electric and magnetic potentials of time-independent charge distributions moving with constant velocity," Eur. J. Phys. 17, 258-264 (1996).
12. "Direct calculation of time dilation," Am. J. Phys. 64, 812-814 (1996).
13. "Derivation of relativistic force transformation equations from Lorentz force law," Am J. Phys. 64, 618-620 (1996).
14. "The nature of electromagnetic induction," Galilean Electrodynamics 6, 83-86 (1995).
15. "Retardation and relativity: Derivation of Lorentz-Einstein transformations from retarded integrals for electric and magnetic fields," Am. J. Phys. 63, 267-272 (1995).
16. "Retardation and relativity: The case of a moving line charge," Am. J. Phys. 63, 454-459 (1995).
17. "Derivation of relativistic transformations for gravitational fields from retarded integrals," Galilean Electrodynamics 6, 23-30 (1995).
18. "Gravitational field of a point mass moving with uniform linear or circular velocity," Galilean Electrodynamics 5, 25-33 (1994).
19. "Direct calculation of the electric and magnetic fields of an electric point charge moving with constant velocity," Am. J. Phys. 62, 79-85 (1994).
20. "Force exerted on a stationary charge by a moving electric current or by a moving magnet," Am. J. Phys. 61, 218-222 (1993).
21. "Solutions of Maxwell's equations for electric and magnetic fields in arbitrary media," Am. J. Phys. 60, 899-902 (1992).
22. "Direct calculation of electric and magnetic forces from potentials," Am. J. Phys. 58, 625-631 (1990).
23. "Correct use of Maxwell stress equations for electric and magnetic fields," Am. J. Phys. 51, 988-996 (1983).
24. "New method for calculating electric and magnetic fields and forces," Am J. Phys. 51, 545-551 (1983).
25. "Electrets," (with D. K. Walker) Phys. Teach. 18, 651-659 (1980).
26. "Water stream loop-the-loop," Am. J. Phys. 42, 103-106 (1974).
27. "Cylindrical Electrets," Proceedings of the West Virginia Academy of Sciences 45, 210-219 (1973).
28. "Volume charge in carnauba wax electrets," (with D. K. Walker) J. Appl. Phys. 44, 3459-3464 (1973).
29. "Spherical carnauba wax electrets," (with Chang N. Y. Sun) in Electrets, Charge Storage, and Transport in Dielectrics, The Electrochemical Society, 462-473 (1973).
30. "Franklin electric motor," Am. J. Phys. 39, 1139-1141 (1971).
31. "Operation of electric motors from atmospheric electric field," Am. J. Phys. 39, 776-779 (1971).
32. "Electrostatic motors," (with D. K. Walker) Phys. Teach. 9, 121-129 (1971).
33. "Semiclassical model of atomic interactions," J. Chem. Phys. 37, 2123-2126 (1962).
34. "Demonstration of the electric fields of current-carrying conductors," Am. J. Phys. 30, 19-21 (1962).
35. "Effect of the earth's magnetic field on the motion of an artificial satellite," Am. J. Phys. 27, 344-348 (1959).

Awards

Sigma Xi Prize, 1956
Special Merit Award, 1971 AAPT Apparatus Competition
Third Prize, 1973 AAPT Apparatus Competition

Whatever, this guy is brilliant.