Chapter 60: No Need for Formalities

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

how misinformation can grow

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

As I see it there are at least two styles of incorrect information. One would be misinformation which is based on one person not understanding what the other person said. And sometimes, as twigsnapper pointed out, if that second person is a bit of a "know it all" then they have a way of adding words that were not there originally.

I think that Andrew has pointed that out well showing the difference between what Dr. Brown ACTUALLY SAID and what others (in this case Wikipedia ... drawing from others like LaViolette and same) interpreted.

Then the information goes on as if claimed by Townsend Brown in the first place and that was not so. Anytime I see the words " anti-gravity" I have learned that those are someone elses words, not Townsend Browns.

Very early in his career he wrote a paper. The title of the paper was to be " Stress in Dielectrics" but of course that wasn't flashy enough for the editor so HE made the piece " How I Control Gravity" by Thomas Townsend Brown. And there we go folks! Off and running.

Now, Dr. Brown had nothing to do with that particular piece of misinformation. BUT on the other hand he never went out of his way to correct people either. Was that because he knew that , if the world stampeded in the search for " antigravity" that the true gem would be allowed to be overlooked?

Yes, I think that he was precisely aware of that and what is even more amazing to me is that he seemed ready to let that happen, let some of this work be buried under that misunderstanding.

Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

so, which Admiral?

Post by grinder »

So, can I ask. Which Admiral was it?

And I find it really odd that Dr. Brown would have his daughter there. How old was she eleven? something like that. Wouldn't that have been terribly out of place if the security was so high?Having a kid sitting in on the meeting? Mr. Twigsnapper apparently knew she was there but from what he said I doubt that the Admiral noticed her. I just find that strange. And I find it strange that Dr. Brown apparently would insist on her presence. But then, like someone said earlier, maybe she has memories of stuff like this that will eventually prove important. So maybe that was intentional on his part. Maybe she is like his human tape recorder? But does she remember that incident?

Paul? ... oh ... look at the time ... you are probably gone ... no maybe not quite yet but soon. So one last flyer if you read this. Do you think that Linda remembers this incident? and if so would she be able to identify the man who said " Of course not"!

But I can understand if all of this has to wait until you get back. Just put it in the pile of stuff that will be waiting for you! grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

what do you think

Post by grinder »

Gregg,

Why do you think Charles Yosts name was on that list? I just would like to hear your thinking and your opinion. It it turns out incorrect later then so what , at least we are talking about possibilities? Why was it a surpirse? grinder
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Twigsnapper,

I see what you mean. I have always considered the term "ashtray products" to mean throw away, insignificant, or smoke screen products. After your comments, I remember, of course, that he also invented a smokeless ashtray for Josephine, so that make more sense.

As far as his experiments in 1956, I am vaguely aware of the possibility (and we've discussed it on the forums a few times) of large aircraft (engines based on the electrostatic technology) that were proposed to move large amounts of troops and supplies steadily from one point to another. The black triangle aircraft was thought to be that type of aircraft.

I'm not an expert by any means in that area, but sure, why not ? Fifty-one years is an eternity in technology.

I always assume that the technology has been brought to maturity. It gives me a constant feeling of picking up loose scraps, but also the encouragement that if it's been done once, all I have to do is figure out how it was done. In the end it doesn't matter if it's been done or not - just as long as I can convince myself that it's possible.

Good thing I'm not smart enough to figure out I'm playing mind games with myself :?
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: how misinformation can grow

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:As I see it there are at least two styles of incorrect information. One would be misinformation .....................................................................buried under that misunderstanding.

Elizabeth
Speaking of misunderstanding, didn't I understand that you were taking time off to recharge for the final assault?

Go...rest up....do whatever an Elizabeth does to relax.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: so, which Admiral?

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote: So, can I ask. Which Admiral was it?

And I find it really odd that Dr. Brown would have his daughter there.
Not me, think about it. It started in 1938 and ended in 1968? and I would be willing to bet it didn't stop entirely.
grinder wrote: How old was she eleven? something like that. Wouldn't that have been terribly out of place if the security was so high?Having a kid sitting in on the meeting? Mr. Twigsnapper apparently knew she was there but from what he said I doubt that the Admiral noticed her. I just find that strange. And I find it strange that Dr. Brown apparently would insist on her presence.
I believe that I might call that grooming but...hmm,,, something like that.
grinder wrote:But then, like someone said earlier, maybe she has memories of stuff like this that will eventually prove important. So maybe that was intentional on his part. Maybe she is like his human tape recorder? But does she remember that incident?
I just love the way you can ask a question and end up answering either the whole thing or a part of it. Someday grinder, we will have a conversation face to face....I really look forward to it. Oh, and I have said it before in this forum, Linda Brown, if I were her, would be very careful of who/whom I would open to. She has knowledge, knowingly or unknowingly and she should be careful. No wonder Morgan went east with her, and that is probably only one of the reasons but an important one.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Her protection

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Mikado wrote: ...Oh, and I have said it before in this forum, Linda Brown, if I were her, would be very careful of who/whom I would open to. She has knowledge, knowingly or unknowingly and she should be careful. No wonder Morgan went east with her, and that is probably only one of the reasons but an important one.
That paragraph is very insightful. Of course I've heard a bunch of these stories before, but the consciousness of those thoughts of yours has never reached my temporal lobe. Of course Morgan would be protecting her!! This makes so much sense. And some of her other stories make so much more sense now. I am sure that there are many people out there (good and not so good) willing to pick apart her brain ~ which would mean that her protection is of utmost importance.

Thank you for pointing that out, Mikado.

Elizabeth, GO on vacation. Stop posting on the forums, and stop reading too.

Linda B
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

staggered departure

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I'm going Mikado, honest I am, but probably not until next week. I'll blow kisses before I leave, I promise. Until then , you are sort of stuck with me. Yes, have to figure out whatever it s an Elizabeth does and where she should go! Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

greggvizza wrote:
Langly wrote:Yea, that is the right link
www.fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf
That 88 page PDF was a good find Langley.

Wonder how Charles Yost got included in the distribution list on the last page? He was one of us. It is like the government finally wants this technology to be available but they want us to develop it for ourselves? Like how Transdimensional Technologies in Huntsville existed for a year or two, gave the world the lifter, then disappeared.

But there are two ways to look at all of this. Maybe they don’t want this technology to be available, and to stop it they are setting themselves up as a source of information and misleading everyone. I still cant figure out why they gave the world the Lifter. Was it to steer us off course? Or was it intended to stimulate interest in electrogravitics?

GV
I gotta say Paul's book is wonderful, everytime I go off and look 1. Things he has written are verified 2. The official information is able to be re undertstood. 3. And in cross matching Brown et als experiences, I find that the Groves boys were in it . I only found that pdf cause I was tracking the technology and Morgan and Linda's visit to Holloman AFB, so a google of AFB and other words got it.

Its out there, like the controllers are waiting to announce themselves as the saviours of heaps of problems. I am sure as the years progressed, TT got progressively shut out as the technology transferred to that part of the military that is beyond classification. A lot of this totally beyond me. The book is really import to me though, I get impatient waiting for each chapter so I can go cross referencing.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: staggered departure

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I'm going Mikado, honest I am, but probably not until next week. I'll blow kisses before I leave, I promise. Until then , you are sort of stuck with me. Yes, have to figure out whatever it s an Elizabeth does and where she should go! Elizabeth
I'll tell you a little story. I graduated from High School in '71. I enlisted in the Army in April for the Warrant Officer Flight Program so I thought I would get a little wanderlust out. My future Brother-in-law and I decided to go on a motorcycle trip. Two or three days after graduation we packed up the bikes and headed west. We thought we would end up in Sturges or maybe Wyoming or Yellowstone or....oh hell, get my point? The people we met, the experiences, wouldn't trade them for the world. Sort of like a "Then came Bronson" for all you old timers.

Go where your curiousity goes, go where heart goes, not your mind....and now I will stop, just relax. Will you be going by yourself if I'm not too personal? I remember a post from somebody who thought you were Paul's wife, kinda looks funny the two of you going away, at the same time. Ok, I quit, going on a tangent here.... bon voyage, caio, ....

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

oh you can be sure

Post by twigsnapper »

Oh you can probably be sure that Elizabeth and Paul are not sharing this particular vacation. Or as sure as anything in this world.

Strange Mikado that you would mention Sturgis and the Belle Fouche area because mention of that spot crossed my lips just yesterday actually. Motorcycles too. A couple I know were actually considering taking a couple of motorcycles on a trip to that area but I prevailed in my advice against it.( Not because I didn't think that the lady could stand the trip but that she is a far better rider than he actually is and that would be tough on his ego.)

You motorcycle folk. An odd bunch. Now that Harleys have been bought into by the Drs, Lawyers and Indian Chiefs ( and I am decidedly NOT kidding) it takes some of the rough justice edge off of their image and sadly that loses something along the line. Now the yuppie snobbishness is creeping in and thats a sad state of affairs. Overheard mention from a Harley owner to a nice looking Honda full dress ..... " Where'd you get that rice burning piece of shit." Now .... I thought it was the open road that counted.

Give me a good horse. twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

disinformation

Post by Mikado14 »

Andrew,

I agree with you in quite a bit of what you say so please excuse me for using your post as a launch pad.

Chris Knight wrote:
According to Paul La Violette this kind of propulsions from electrogravitics has already been applied in the B2 Stealth bomber. This airplane uses a high voltage between its wings leading edge and its jet exhaust. The electrogravitic thrust created from this voltage is called the Biefeld-Brown effect, named after its inventors Thomas Townsend Brown and Paul Alfred Biefeld.
I remember a photo that someone posted of a B2 in flight with a coronal glow around the wing surfaces. Anyone else?

Chris Knight wrote: Electrostatic fields used in this manner may soften the air in front of the aircraft, may improve the efficiency of the engines through improved combustion, and may reduce the thermal signature of the aircraft. These effects would allow an overall increase in velocity and efficiency. Is it a true Biefeld-Brown Effect ? I'm not privy to that level of classified material - anyone else ?
There is your key in bold. Now, where is Martin. I would bet those navy beans to dollars that he can answer, if he doesn't, then let's see where this goes.

Paul is gone so let's rattle the chains.

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: oh you can be sure

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: Give me a good horse. twigsnapper
I thought of you yesterday. There were reenactors at the WWII event, they were all over the place. In particular, there was a cavalry unit and they had two horses tied to a post. No water, and the one ole boy was sway backed and had to be at least 25 and his ribs were showing. It took a lot of self control and I thought of you for you see, I had a program in my hand, about the size of magazine....getting my drift?

Also, there was an old MG with the wooden floor boards, I have a picture that I will post at some point and one other thing... A British Spitfire, I love to hear the prop pitch change and the biting of the air as thrust is pushing.

Electrogravitics might be around the corner but there is something about a radial engine with a varible pitch prop or for that matter, a steam engine.

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: disinformation

Post by Mikado14 »

Mikado14 wrote:Andrew,

I agree with you in quite a bit of what you say so please excuse me for using your post as a launch pad.

Chris Knight wrote:
According to Paul La Violette this kind of propulsions from electrogravitics has already been applied in the B2 Stealth bomber. This airplane uses a high voltage between its wings leading edge and its jet exhaust. The electrogravitic thrust created from this voltage is called the Biefeld-Brown effect, named after its inventors Thomas Townsend Brown and Paul Alfred Biefeld.
I remember a photo that someone posted of a B2 in flight with a coronal glow around the wing surfaces. Anyone else?

Chris Knight wrote: Electrostatic fields used in this manner may soften the air in front of the aircraft, may improve the efficiency of the engines through improved combustion, and may reduce the thermal signature of the aircraft. These effects would allow an overall increase in velocity and efficiency. Is it a true Biefeld-Brown Effect ? I'm not privy to that level of classified material - anyone else ?
There is your key in bold. Now, where is Martin. I would bet those navy beans to dollars that he can answer, if he doesn't, then let's see where this goes.

Paul is gone so let's rattle the chains.

Mikado

*********** This is an edit*****

I am going to give you one more hint.... cookies. If anyone gets close, I'll tell you, if not, I guess not. There are two purposes being served with the ionization.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

the cats gone?

Post by Victoria Steele »

I have to laugh! EVERYTIME Paul goes away from his keyboard this forum just sort of leaps into action like a class that has had the teacher step away from the room! I can feel it happening already! And Paul is only going to be gone for a week and he has chosen some tiny island way off in a deep blue sea .... where he can't even look at a screen! OH! Boy! Just think of the headstart we can get on him!!!!

And Elizabeth you will be gone too. That like, ( my best Valley intonations) has never happened before!

SPITBALL FIGHT! THROW THE ERASERS IN THE AIR! WALK ON THE DESKS!

Oh , alot of talk! We will probably all take our vacations at the same time! But I hope not. Mikado? Andrew? LindaB, Gewis? Radomir? Langley? Haven't heard much from MarkC and even Annemarie? Mr. Twisnapper????? Sir ...... What a party we could have! Victoria