Chapter 60: No Need for Formalities

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

got to hear that one

Post by ladygrady »

I can't remember which comedianne it was who said that women don't mean to lie to their husbands, it just takes too damned long to tell the truthe!

I am really interested in the answer to that question. What DID she say? And then the reacl kicker ... How did he take whatever she told him???

Hey fellows put yourself in his shoes for a moment. I have no doubt that her husband is quite an intelligent and interesting character and from what I gather they have been together for a very long time. But he had to know about Morgan in his wifes past, didn't he? Or what this character a TOTAL surprise? If so ...oh oh ...... one thing to try to introduce the fellow who was your childhood sweetheart, maybe the accountant from the next town over, or maybe even the banker or maybe the high school principal ... but someone with credentials like Morgans?

And we keep asking how her husband accepted the Morgan influence? What about the other way around. She is MARRIED now. Morgan was not there for that. What sort of stand is he going to take up against the person who did take his place obviously for all of those years? oh oh.

This is like a WHOLE new slant on things. And I agree that it doesn't directly tell the story of Townsend Brown but this is all a result of his life isn't it and it is so deliciously complex. I am trusting things turn out well but I can imagine for awhile, for Linda< her life was simply thrown up in the air. Entirely interested in how she sorts things out.

Victoria? Where are you dear? This is just your cup of tea!!! grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: and another one

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:What did she say to her husband. " Dear , I am going out for awhile. I'll be back in two weeks?" I have gotten the impression that this Linda Brown is a pretty straight up lady in her relationships .... so I don't think that she lied to him about what she was doing . So what did she say? grinder
She probably said , "Dear, feed the dogs and the cat, and by the way, remember the medicine to the one and don't forget to shut the horses in, I am on my way to see Paul in Nashville, let you know when I get there."

And I am not being facetious.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

you might be right

Post by grinder »

You might be right Mikado. I think that this gentleman probably has learned that there are times you ask questions and times you don't and if Linda hasn't packed her bags for good .... then maybe he has nothing to worry about? I expect you are right. Thats probably exactly what she told him. She probably did tell him she was going to see Paul since they seem to have a meeting set up ahead of time. (Delivering the "thumpstick" I think was something which was added, maybe somewhere along the line. She might not have even known that she was going to be the "delivering agent" Maybe when she planned her trip originally she had no idea that it would be in a bugged car! So yes ... I can see her telling her husband just that. Its not what most ladies her age do, I don't think, jumping in a car and taking off by herself but he has probably noticed somewhere along the line that he is not married to a "stay at home" grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

What is love?

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote:I can't remember which comedianne it was who said that women don't mean to lie to their husbands, it just takes too damned long to tell the truthe!

I am really interested in the answer to that question. What DID she say? And then the reacl kicker ... How did he take whatever she told him???

Hey fellows put yourself in his shoes for a moment. I have no doubt that her husband is quite an intelligent and interesting character and from what I gather they have been together for a very long time. But he had to know about Morgan in his wifes past, didn't he? Or what this character a TOTAL surprise? If so ...oh oh ...... one thing to try to introduce the fellow who was your childhood sweetheart, maybe the accountant from the next town over, or maybe even the banker or maybe the high school principal ... but someone with credentials like Morgans?

And we keep asking how her husband accepted the Morgan influence? What about the other way around. She is MARRIED now. Morgan was not there for that. What sort of stand is he going to take up against the person who did take his place obviously for all of those years? oh oh.

This is like a WHOLE new slant on things. And I agree that it doesn't directly tell the story of Townsend Brown but this is all a result of his life isn't it and it is so deliciously complex. I am trusting things turn out well but I can imagine for awhile, for Linda< her life was simply thrown up in the air. Entirely interested in how she sorts things out.

Victoria? Where are you dear? This is just your cup of tea!!! grady
My dear lady, if I may be so bold, how old are you?

Let's see, am I the only one reading this story? Linda had a child in the early 70's I believe, so that would make that child somewhere in the vicinity of 35 or 36 (my crystall ball is a little foggy today <g>). In my book, I believe that Linda would not get into bed with anyone for that person would have to have some character, principals, etc. and oh, let's not forget an intelligent equal. She appears to be an astute woman but then, do we really know her?

How about this, perhaps there are different types of love, I'm still counting them, but the love she had for Morgan did not die, it went through a metamorphosis. She appears to be a realist but also a romantic. The old saying, if you love something, you can let it go, for to keep it chained, it will surely die. She loved him enough to let him go but the love never died for love never dies, not true love, for it is always in the heart and there is room for more than the mind can imagine and her husband filled the void that Morgan could never fill. Yep, that's right, I said never.

Linda's husband must be very special but then I am sure she is as well....but when they fight, I'll bet it is a good one.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Speaking of the redhead..

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote:Victoria? Where are you dear? This is just your cup of tea!!! grady
Ever stop to wonder that Victoria is from Texas?

Mikado
Radomir
Senior Cadet

nice post

Post by Radomir »

How about this, perhaps there are different types of love, I'm still counting them, but the love she had for Morgan did not die, it went through a metamorphosis. She appears to be a realist but also a romantic. The old saying, if you love something, you can let it go, for to keep it chained, it will surely die. She loved him enough to let him go but the love never died for love never dies, not true love, for it is always in the heart and there is room for more than the mind can imagine and her husband filled the void that Morgan could never fill. Yep, that's right, I said never.

Linda's husband must be very special but then I am sure she is as well....but when they fight, I'll bet it is a good one.
Mikado, compadre, that was a great, very insightful post. I doff my cap in respect. It may not be 100% correct, and we may never learn exactly what Linda's private life has been like low these many years--and it's none of our business. But what you wrote had the ring of basic truth to my ears. I think you must have captured the spirit of the thing, if not the precise substance.

Radomir
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: nice post

Post by Mikado14 »

Radomir wrote: I think you must have captured the spirit of the thing, if not the precise substance.

Radomir
That's just it my friend, "spirit", we all have been there. Should have turned left instead of right. Tibetan techniques of time, are you listenning Morgan?

Mikado
Last edited by Mikado14 on Wed May 30, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

a womans heart

Post by ladygrady »

Mikado,

I expect that perhaps I am young enough to create a few scandals and old enough to know better!

And you are the romantic one aren't you and I agree with Radomir that you have probably captured the essence of the feelings that Linda has for her husband and for Morgan. It is true that you can love two men at the same time, really true. The tough part is that you usually have to pick which one you want to live with.

And even though this reunion might be intensely romantic I seriously doubt that Linda would throw away the trust and love that had built up between herself and her husband. Remember her reaction to the house and Morgans statement about getting married. If she had wanted to be married to him .... if she thought it was right for both of them ... she would have married him. And apparently she found someone that she could love and trust enough to marry ... or he found her, don't know how that all came about ... but you are right there are different sorts of love. So far ... what I am seeing is an older man now showing her quite physically what he has accomplished in the years that they were apart. But a womans heart as you mentioned is a mystery. Can that match up with all of the experiences that she and her husband have shared? I think that she must have been enormously proud of Morgan but ..... would she really leave her husband for him? Frankly I don't think he would be in a position to even make that suggestion and if he did I would take him to be less of a gentleman than I think he is. Of course we are assuming that Linda was happy in her marriage ......... see Mikado, I am old enough to know that what goes on between a man and a woman dan be exceptionally .... complicated ...... what would Morgan do if she was unhappy in her marriage? Like I said this is just all kinds of fun to consider. A roaring soap opera here!

And are you suggesting with your " Texas " comments that Victoria might be "Mr. Papermans" secretary? Perhaps! But somehow in reading her posts she just never sounded like she had a thick southern accent. Paul? Have you ever met Mr. Papermans secretary? Do you think its Victoria? Why is she being so quiet? grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Remember the cheerleader

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote:
And are you suggesting with your " Texas " comments that Victoria might be "Mr. Papermans" secretary? Perhaps! But somehow in reading her posts she just never sounded like she had a thick southern accent. Paul? Have you ever met Mr. Papermans secretary? Do you think its Victoria? Why is she being so quiet? grady
I can picture ...er...hear it. I bet she could drawl it out.

Sorry Ms. Victoria but your posts remind me of a cheerleader at times. If I didn't know better, I would say you where Morgan in drag. I have had some very strange downloads. How is ... is it Randy?

Mikado
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Ah, finally,

Post by Paul S. »

...some questions I can answer!
ladygrady wrote:Paul? Have you ever met Mr. Papermans secretary?
Yes.
Do you think its Victoria?
Emphatically, no.
Why is she being so quiet?
Not absolutely certain, but I think she said something a week or so ago about work taking her "AFK" (Away From Keyboard). I'm sure we'll hear from her soon. It's hard to get too far "AFK" these days.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Randy?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Ah, I don't know how you came up with that name Mikado but that was my exs name! Decidedly not going there, ever again. But I do find it interesting that you would come up with that name. Maybe he's thinking about me and you are picking it up? Downloasd you say?

But even more strange than that. First Mr. Twigsnapper calls me a good hound ( or something like that) and now you call me " Morgan in drag" and I am thinking I must be really losing it!

Oh, would that I was " Mr. Papermans" secretary. I have half a crush on Morgan already, that would really cinch it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back but Paul was right I have been AFKs lately. But sometimes you just have to do that you know. Even my dog didn't know where I went!

Damn. Look at everything that I have missed! I love what you said grady about loving more than one man but having to eventually chose . Been there , done that. But I have a feeling that all of us have been there, if we were lucky.

Its a real change in the storyline Paul but I do really like what you have done. But are you really prepared for all the questions that you are going to get now that you have introduced yourself into the storyline! Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

fom anywhere

Post by grinder »

I just got this private message from Mr. twigsnapper and he said it would be alright to quote part of it, so here goes. He was kind enough to give me some answers to my rather urgent questions.

"I wasn't along for the ride, but from the area where Morgan "intercepted " Lindas little red car , I would assume that the " black chopper" was a MH-60 PaveHawk. And depending on what Morgans schedule might have been at the time and if that was his assigned unit then he might have " caught a lift " there on a C5 ..... Which translates that the PaveHawk could have been ANYWHERE in the previous 24 hours.

Nearly anywhere. I suspect the "black " helicopter was not actually "black" but a dull dark grey.....with probably no markings, or changeable ones if that. A Paver can be "folded" into the cargo area of a C5 and that one normally would have been . Hopping from one Airforce base to the other puts a new meaning to " difficult to follow". That particular ship is well armed and the joke with some of its crew is, nobody sits close to the doors. Paul will know the story about Mr. Livingston I believe. "

Paul? Who is Mr. Livingston??????? grinder
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: fom anywhere

Post by Langley »

People in agricultural occupations, petroleum workers, workers in leather industries, and cosmetologists all seem to have a higher-than-average chance of developing multiple myeloma. Exposure to herbicides, insecticides, petroleum products, heavy metals, plastics, and various dusts including asbestos also appear to be risk factors for the disease.

In addition, individuals exposed to large amounts of radiation, such as survivors of the atomic bomb explosions in Japan, have an increased risk for myeloma, although this accounts for a very small number of cases.

More common in Afro-Americans and Native Americans, very rare in people who are not elderly. Av age of diagnosis = 68 yo. http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/about_myeloma/

Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
Holloman Air Force Base was originally established in 1942 as Alamogordo Air Field six miles west of Alamogordo, New Mexico. It was re-named in 1948 after Col. George Holloman, a Rich Square, N.C., native, who was a pioneer in early rocket and pilot-less aircraft research. The base supports about 21,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, retirees, DoD civilians and their family members. Personnel from Holloman have participated in numerous operations, such as Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and many more.

Located on the eastern edge at the southern part of WSMR, Holloman Air Force Base (HAFB) occupies 24,153 ha (59,639 acres) of land and houses 4,900 military, 870 civilian personnel, and is home to 380 members of the German Air Force. HAFB is home to F-117 (Stealth) fighters and is a WSMR Range customer. HAFB overflies virtually all of WSMR and utilizes the Red Rio and Oscura Bombing Areas in the northeast corner of WSMR, and YONDER Impact Area in the San Andres Mountains. HAFB shares boundaries with White Sands National Monument and WSMR and interacts regularly in various mission activities.

Holloman Air Force Base operates the Radar Target Scatter (RATSCAT) and RATSCAT Advanced Measurements (RAMS) facilities,

RATSCAT consists of two separate but complementary test sites. Mainsite, located on the alkali flats region of WSMR, provides the capability of measuring full-scale models and flyable aircraft weighing up to 100,000 pounds (220,000 kg). On-site radars provide frequency coverage from 140 MHz to 18 GHz with spot coverage at 35 and 94 Ghz. Two ground bounce ranges are available with monostatic and bistatic test locations up to 7500 feet from the radars. RATSCAT Advanced Measurement System (RAMS) is located 35 miles northwest of Mainsite at the base of the San Andres mountains. RAMS is the premier outdoor static range for measuring low and very low observable targets at both low and high frequencies. The 8900-foot paved shadow range has two separate radar systems covering 120 MHz to 18 GHz with spot frequency coverage at 35 GHz. The retractable pylon can handle targets weighing up to 30,000 pounds (66,000 kg).

Because of their remote locations, both sites are ideal for testing highly sensitive targets. Security is integral to the operations at both sites. Several special facilities are available to store, paint, and repair customers' targets, as well as fabricate frequency tuned columns and sub-scale models. Ground access is controlled through multiple guard posts, and civil air traffic access is prohibited.

The Central Inertial Guidance Test Facility (CIGTF) is located adjacent to WSMR which has restricted airspace from surface to unlimited. The area is seismically stable to the micro-g region, as required for precision guidance and navigation system testing. The CIGTF complex consists of 10 buildings on approximately 227,000 square feet of real estate. The laboratory operates three centrifuge test beds, with and without counterrotating platforms, subjecting test items to sustained acceleration environments up to 30g, 50g, and 100g. CIGTF uses a variety of reference systems to provide accurate Time Space Position Information in conducting its laboratory, van, sled, and aircraft tests. CIGTF Support Resources include a simulation laboratory, GPS satellite reference station, data analysis stations, and three state-of-the-art Portable Field Jamming Systems. The facility offers indepth test-article performance evaluation and analysis capability in support of its GPS integration mission. CIGTF uses the highly accurate sled track for testing precision guidance systems and validating post-mission filters, smoothers, and reference systems.

Welcome to Holloman Air Force Base! Established in 1942 as Alamogordo Army Airfield, it served as the test site for the first atomic bomb detonation at what is now known as Trinity Site. Holloman is home of the 49th Fighter Wing; aircraft are F-1 17A 'Stealth' Fighter squadron, the AT-38B and the F-4E. Holloman now serves as the primary testing facility for acceleration research. The famous 10 mile acceleration test track provides the main facility on site. Located 6 miles southwest of Alamogordo, New Mexico, between the Sacramento and San Andreas Mountains, Holloman is near White Sands National Monument. Military and civilian personnel total 6,000 employed on site. Also, 500 families of the German Air Force are now housed here.

end web search quotes.

Not your average Air Force Base!!!!! Maybe Morgan was showing Linda something but couldnt say what it was!!!

fed American Scientists: http://www.fas.org/static/about.jsp
Teleportation experiments at Edwards AFB
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: a womans heart

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote: So far ... what I am seeing is an older man now showing her quite physically what he has accomplished in the years that they were apart. But a womans heart as you mentioned is a mystery. Can that match up with all of the experiences that she and her husband have shared?
Ah my dear lady, old enough to be wise and still young enough to be foolish I see. Perhaps there is still a place in Morgan's heart, no, I am wrong, there is a place. What woman don't understand about men is that they always carry it, they are just too John Wayneish to admit it. And on that note, perhaps your correct, Morgan may very well have been saying, "See here what I have done, I have done this for the love of man, was it worth what we gave up?" and hopefully he is not standing there as Ozymandias. He wants her to see what her Father was doing, a person that they both loved jointly. I must be careful, lest I will permit a side to be seen.

ladygrady wrote: what would Morgan do if she was unhappy in her marriage? Like I said this is just all kinds of fun to consider.
If the cane is significant to Morgan, he would do nothing except to talk with her.

And to you Ms. Victoria, it was a download but was obviously the wrong time, see Paul, it doesn't always hit the bullseye.

Mikado
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Glad that i am SEEING things correctly?
I tried to say about the books been in code, and that it would be a man with white hair, beard and blue eye's,
in the chapter 59 thread at 10.47 on the 21st may, I was looking back to Quetzalcoatl, and wondering where these people in myths kept coming from, perhaps they KNEW they had to pop up there?
Perhaps they had the method of popping up back in time?

If you just dissapear for a few of our minutes, you may have months in another TIME?
Kevin
fibonacci is king