Chapter 48 A Universe Away

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

Chapter 48 A Universe Away

Post by grinder »

This is one of the most pivotal of all of the chapters and I can't believe that it didn't have its own post for so long, but you know, sometimes I think maybe it was meant. There is alot to talk about here and maybe just when Paul wrote this , we were not ready for it.

Great picture of Dr. Brown. A convertible, of course.

Heres the link

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... eAway.html

grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

It just sort of struck me, El Nido, the nest?
Where did the teapot come from?
I found this El Nido in the phillipines, did dr Brown ever go there/
http://www.elnidoresorts.com/
Looks like the place Paul should go diving
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

a question I can answer!

Post by Linda Brown »

Hello kevin,

The little green teapot originated in Zanesville Ohio. There are still many pottery places there in that area and though I don't know the maker of it I do know that it was designed expressly for Josephine and was one of a kind. The clay came from area around their hometown. " El Nido" was Dads nod to his experiences as a boy on a ranch in California and you are quite right. It meant " the nest"

Funny story I think I can share. We have learned during our research that it was Dad who designed their first little house, their " honeymoon cottage" that was positioned at the edge of the pool at the family farm named Hawthorne. The pool was magnificent and Dad wanted to be as close to it as possible so he designed a little cottage that he and Josephine could share together right after their marriage. He named it " El Nido" ( The nest, as you noted) ... but here is the best part. He designed the building and when he did that he made the doors exceptionally narrow. He and Josephine were both thin and could come and go easily but his parents , both portly individuals, could not make it past the door frames, even with the doors open. A way of insuring privacy. A unique way of doing things wouldn't you say! Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
Found El nido in a spanish /english translation place,
Love-nest, which would fit in with your parents first house.
The Calafornia ranch experiences ?
I think your Dad was thinking ahead of Time, all the time.
Kevin
fibonacci is king