Chapter 46 The Ghost at the Corral

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Oh I do believe

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Young AM. I do believe you missed entirely the point that Mr. Mikado was making about magazines.
Yep,.....he shore did there pilgrim.

Mikado.....wayne

edit

Ok, I couldn't leave it hanging as such. Read what Mr. Twigsnapper did to the young Morgan upon their first meeting.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: if he did

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:
Remember, there was a horse in that corral when Morgan walked up to reintroduce himself so maybe we are staying within the boundaries.

His name was Shadetree. He came into Lindas family when he was nine years old, in his prime, and he died thirty years later. The two of them covered over 6000 miles together on Catalina Island ( she kept track of the milage every day) He came back for her after the two of them fell off a mountain ridge on an extended ride in the interior of the island, a long way from town. He scrambled back up on the trail and then started off for home without her but when he realized that she was not there he came back to find her. She promised him then that he had a home for the rest of his life.

Fred will agree , knowing horses the way he does, that 39 is a wonderful old age for any horse. For the last five years of that he never wore a saddle or bridle and the extent of his trail rides was to walk around the property or up to the mail box. Still, I understand that he was a grand gentleman and that he and the woman who loved him so much had an agreement. The day he was not able to get to his feet ... even with her help .... she would call the vet and he would be allowed to go to sleep with his big head in her arms.
Elizabeth, this is something in an Email that was sent to me by a friend. I am hoping it is appropriate for it shows the bond that can and is developed at times between friends, regardless of the species:

Freedom and I have been together 10 years this summer. She came in as a baby in 1998 with two broken wings. Her left wing doesn't open all the way even after surgery, it was broken in 4 places. She's my baby.

When Freedom came in she could not stand. Both wings were broken, her left wing in 4 places. She was emaciated and covered in lice. We made the decision to give her a chance at life, so I took her to the vets office. From then on, I was always around her. We had her in a huge dog carrier with the top off, and it was loaded up with shredded newspaper for her to lay in. I used to sit and talk to her, urging her to live, to fight; and she would lay there looking at me with those big brown eyes. We also had to tube feed her for weeks.

This went on for 4-6 weeks, and by then she still couldn't stand. It got to the point where the decision was made to euthanize her if she couldn't stand in a week. You know you don't want to cross that line between torture and rehab, and it looked like death was winning. She was going to be put down that Friday, and I was supposed to come in on that Thursday afternoon. I didn't want to go to the center that Thursday, because I couldn't bear the thought of her being euthanized; but I went anyway, and when I walked in everyone was grinning from ear to ear. I went immediately back to her dowl cage; and there she was, standing on her own, a big beautiful eagle. She was ready to live. I was just about in tears by then. That was a very good day.

We knew she could never fly, so the director asked me to glove train her. I got her used to the glove, and then to jesses, and we started doing education programs for schools in western Washington. We wound up in the newspapers, radio (believe it or not) and some TV. Miracle Pets even did a show about us.

In the spring of 2000, I was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. I had stage 3, which is not good (one major organ plus everywhere), so I wound up doing 8 months of chemo. Lost the hair - the whole bit. I missed a lot of work. When I felt good enough, I would go to Sarvey and take Freedom out for walks. Freedom would also come to me in my dreams and help me fight the cancer. This happened time and time again.

Fast forward to November 2000, the day after Thanksgiving, I went in for my last checkup. I was told that if the cancer was not all gone after 8 rounds of chemo, then my last option was a stem cell transplant. Anyway, they did the tests; and I had to come back Monday for the results. I went in Monday, and I was told that all the cancer was gone.

So the first thing I did was get up to Sarvey and take the big girl out for a walk. It was misty and cold. I went to her flight and jessed her up, and we went out front to the top of the hill. I hadn't said a word to Freedom, but somehow she knew. She looked at me and wrapped both her wings around me to where I could feel them pressing in on my back (I was engulfed in eagle wings), and she touched my nose with her beak and stared into my eyes, and we just stood there like that for I don't know how long. That was a magic moment. We have been soul mates ever since she came in. This is a very special bird.

On a side note: I have had people who were sick come up to us when we are out, and Freedom has some kind of hold on them. I once had a guy who was terminal come up to us and I let him hold her. His knees just about buckled and he swore he could feel her power coarse through his body. I have so many stories like that.

I never forget the honor I have of being so close to such a magnificent spirit as Freedoms.

Hope you enjoy this.

Jeff

Forgive me Paul for wasting space but I pictured Linda Brown holding her companion as he passed and felt something and then I received this and wanted to share.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Means of Conveyance

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote:If morgan appeared out of the sagebush, did he have a vehicle he arrived in?
Dunno if you're trying to unearth something "transdimensional," but my money is on something more conventional.

Like a Hummer.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

PaulS,
I did get a mental picture of Morgan landing in the bushs , then murmering some choice words about Why Linda didn't have a nice mown lawn.
mikado then posts a picture of a chopper type grass cutter?
It was the word" Exchange "that really caught my attention, he could have been sat waiting for the call to say Linda still had the token, but then again, anythings possible?
kevin.
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

in the sagebrush

Post by Linda Brown »

Kevin and Paul,

Morgan did walk up on me very quietly but then I think he had learned how to do that a very long time ago. Paul, you are right here, there was a standard issue Hummer involved , without STRANGE modifications. In fact there were a couple.

Kevin,
what you said about him waiting for the reply about the token is an interesting turning point in the history of this entire story. What if Morgan had asked Paul about the token (and I had never bothered to show it to him during that first visit in Las Vegas.) What if I had lost it years before? That could have happened. What if Paul had said ..... " She never mentioned a token, I don't know.".... I seriously doubt that Morgan would have ever walked across that field.

Sort of gives me the shakes considering how much could be hanging by what seems like such a slender golden thread. Linda
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

X in the sand

Post by twigsnapper »

But dear, thats the point. Those golden threads do not break. Past and future. X marks the spot. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

"X marks the spot"
I have said enough of my thoughts about what that means, so what else could it be?
Dr Brown did I believe bury a large X shaped arial ?
Compass as mikado said is too obvious, and these guys don't seem to go in for obvious.
Where the four points meet.
Rain on an overhead pane of glass.
Who's good at crosswords?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: X in the sand

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:But dear, thats the point. Those golden threads do not break. Past and future. X marks the spot. twigsnapper
Aw geez, your starting to talk like kevin....must be something in the water from Great Britain..

Mikado
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Morgan did walk up on me very quietly but then I think he had learned how to do that a very long time ago. Paul, you are right here, there was a standard issue Hummer involved , without STRANGE modifications. In fact there were a couple.
Now why did you tease us like that... :)

Here we thought he just dropped in out of the aether.

Oh well, still worth talking about on the other thread. That door was unlocked from the inside and I don't think a Hummer would have fit in the room.

R.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

Radomir wrote:

Here we thought he just dropped in out of the aether.

Oh well, still worth talking about on the other thread. That door was unlocked from the inside and I don't think a Hummer would have fit in the room.

R.
You are forgetting that when you time travel without a vehicle, you arrive without any clothes. Then you have to violently take someone elses clothing from them, not my particular style of travel. I prefer the vehicle.

GV
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

she didn't say no

Post by Mark Culpepper »

ONE thing I have learned about dealing with people who know more than they are saying.

Note this Radomir. She NEVER said that he didn't just " pop" in ... what she did say was that there were a couple of Hummers involved ( familiar with them around here in Northern Virginia ... usually three or four of them going like bats out of hell, I understand they use Hummers because they are big enough to support the electronics AND the bullet proofing.)

Now, I'm thinking. If I just "popped in" and I wasn't planning to go back the way I came ... or if I did not want Linda to be aware of that just yet ... I would certainly have someone else waiting as my ride.

And come to think of it. There was someone else on the other side of that door too. So maybe we are looking at "operations" here.

But hey. If Paul wants to assume that there is nothing else going on here, OK by me. Just keeping my thought options open. MarkC
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Good points

Post by Radomir »

Very good points Mark (and yours are well taken too Greg, but we'll assume clothes and pocket items can arrive with). Thanks.

R.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

reception committee

Post by Victoria Steele »

Oh! sign me up as the reception committee if these guys are going to have to flirt about naked. Right from Terminator right. Arrive in a cloud of steam ... gloriously naked .... sounds ......a little difficult.

But I see the idea. How could you go about dressed for one age and pop up in another? Like the movie " Lost in Time" even the change in your pocket could get you in big trouble. So in that case naked would be good.

Somehow I think that these guys must have developed a way of understanding that problem. And you are right MarkC. Linda actually never conclusively answered you. Maybe she doesn't actually know how he arrived.

Here is one thing that gets me though. What about pictures? Could it be possible for a person like Morgan to be caught in a photo taken in another time? Of course if you can't identify him NOW who would ever be able to identify him in a picture say .... in 1933. So I doubt that they would let that happen. I just wonder if it could. Or if it HAS.

And if it can happen ... could that be the way eventually that this process will be announced?

Of course that won't work either these days because most will yell .... fake fake photoshop! But still, a thought. Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Victoria Steele,
I was just thinking about who may be caught in the picture, cosmic ha-ha?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035570/
Click on the picture to get it full screen, I was looking at that as you posted.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: reception committee

Post by greggvizza »

Victoria Steele wrote:Oh! sign me up as the reception committee if these guys are going to have to flirt about naked. Right from Terminator right. Arrive in a cloud of steam ... gloriously naked .... sounds ......a little difficult.
I was always embarrassed for them when they arrived that way. Arnold didn’t seem to care though.

GV