Chapter 46 The Ghost at the Corral

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

Chapter 46 The Ghost at the Corral

Post by grinder »

Actually, I can't believe that I have the honor of opening this Chapter 46. Its a GREAT chapter!

So Linda didn't kn ow until she got that first postcard from a "Mr. Paperman" that Morgan was in fact still alive? That she had been lied to several years earlier? Sheeze. grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

how could he?

Post by Victoria Steele »

I have a pretty good idea now of how in love with her this guy was. So, how could he possibly put her on the other side of a "disinformation" curtain like that. I'm pissed at him. Really. and then years after his death he just sends her a postcard with " Remember me?" HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO HER?. This is just not fair! I wonder if Linda knew right away that this Mr. Paperman was Morgan himself? Yes, she would have had to!

And the fact that she took the news so graciously, without falling completely apart, it just tells me that she never believed that he had been killed in the first place!

I'll just bet I am right! Still grieving because she understood that he had reason to remove himself from her life , but he was not gone from this earth and that has to count for something when you love someone as much as this lady loved him. Obviously. whew thats about as tough as things get! Victoria
James Barrett

maybe why

Post by James Barrett »

Maybe this is why this particular chapter only has five hundred and some views MarkC. It didn't have a link to the chapter itself. so here it is. In the interest of the underdog.

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... orral.html

James
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

misdirection

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Hi James,

But the REAL reason that no one has bothered to log onto that particular chapter for comments is that Pauls link at the bottom of that chapter (which is supposed to go to this chapter) goes instead to Part II, avoiding the " Ghost At The Corral" altogether.

That might be why not too many ( well, 524) have looked at it. They were all detoured away. Sort of odd how that happened but its interesting seeing it back now that we know a little bit about the story. MarkC
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Hmmm, maybe I will have to reread before commenting. Ghosts....No such thing...only disembodied spirits.....uh...I just said the same thing..I think. I need an English major.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

cast no shadow

Post by twigsnapper »

In MY day .... the saying used to be " Cast no shadow" and Oh God, how we took that seriously!

But this is a different age completely! With a changing horizon and landscape.

I am convinced that the leading members of the Group will have a new saying also. Something more like ...... "Cast the shadow... where it is needed ..... but be the cloud no one recognizes.. ....." twigsnapper.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

clouds and shadows

Post by Radomir »

Roger that. Yes, sometimes a shadow can be a good thing.

R.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr twigsnapper,
" Leading members of the group "
" Be the cloud that no one recognises "
Are two parts of your previous post, so,
members of the group?
Clouds are in the sky?

I have thought real hard about You sir, You are hard to pin down.
I have cracked it with Mikado.
Its obvious when you think it through,
Working in a garage,
All the horse clues,
He's? mr ED,
Admit mikado, your a talking horse.

You Mr twigsnapper are more akin to,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9n5NkyubU

kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote: I have cracked it with Mikado.
Its obvious when you think it through,
Working in a garage,
All the horse clues,
He's? mr ED,
Admit mikado, your a talking horse.

kevin
kevin.....of course of course.

A man goes into a bar and a horse is in the corner. The guy ask the bartender what's with the horse. Tender says, "If you can make him laugh, you get free drinks for the night." The guy gets up and goes over to the horse and whispers in his ear. The horse immediately starts laughing and stomping his foot. The guy walks back over to the bar and the tender can't believe what he saw. The guy says " set em up" and so the tender does. After awhile the tender says to the guy, "you know something? I'll give you free drinks for the month if you can make the horse cry." The guy looks at the tender, smiles and goes over to the horse and stands there. The horse begins crying. The guy walks back over to the bar and sits down. Upon seeing this the tender asks, " you have to tell me, how did you make the horse laugh and cry." The guy says, "Well, the first time I told him I was bigger then him, and then I showed him."

What bearing does this have? Nothing, just a horse story.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado,
Have you heard the one about the sailor with two zips in his trousers?
All the ladies ask him WHY two zips?
He tells them he was born with two reasons to have a zip, of course the ladies have to experience this.
He ask which they want to go first, left or right.left say the lucky lady.

The job over , the lady asks for the other zip to be undone, and then the sailor says,
Oh this often happens if the left goes first, the right one is sulking because it wanted to go first.

Hope Paul doesn't lock this thread , because of these stories.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

if he did

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

There wouldn't be anything left to talk about because it would be all locked up!

Remember, there was a horse in that corral when Morgan walked up to reintroduce himself so maybe we are staying within the boundaries.

His name was Shadetree. He came into Lindas family when he was nine years old, in his prime, and he died thirty years later. The two of them covered over 6000 miles together on Catalina Island ( she kept track of the milage every day) He came back for her after the two of them fell off a mountain ridge on an extended ride in the interior of the island, a long way from town. He scrambled back up on the trail and then started off for home without her but when he realized that she was not there he came back to find her. She promised him then that he had a home for the rest of his life.

Fred will agree , knowing horses the way he does, that 39 is a wonderful old age for any horse. For the last five years of that he never wore a saddle or bridle and the extent of his trail rides was to walk around the property or up to the mail box. Still, I understand that he was a grand gentleman and that he and the woman who loved him so much had an agreement. The day he was not able to get to his feet ... even with her help .... she would call the vet and he would be allowed to go to sleep with his big head in her arms.

Just another horse story Mikado but thats the horse that Linda was " throwing hay to" when Morgan walked up to the corral. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

As this thread is about the ghost at the corral.
maybe we should also talk about what a ghost is or isn't.

Morgan appears to have possibly needed to get out of the position he had become part of, whatever that entailed , it may have been even beyond him to take anymore?
So a fake death may have allowed some years on a tropical island, he probably deserved that at least.

The horse is not the best subject to talk about what we are all possibly a mere part of, they seem more human than many humans most of the time, as do a lot of dogs.
The force that is life, is a ghost that same force, is that force unique to humans or is it pot luck what you become part of, and when I say you, I am referring to a seperate force other than the machine that is your body.
This is what I presume this man called raymond Kurzweil, whoever he is?
is considering transferring into a machine different to the one he is stuck in at the moment.
What is it that he is prepared to install in a machine if its a seperate entity, is it a ghost?
Can that seperate entity be transferred?, if so would it be possible that young people could be taken and another older ghost be installed in place of , or alongside of the existing .
Would we know if an alien lifeforce entered into our bodies and operated as a human.
Is any life force unique , is a tree a tree and nothing but a tree?
Hope you can see where my bumbling words are leading to?
kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:As this thread is about the ghost at the corral.
maybe we should also talk about what a ghost is or isn't.

Morgan appears to have possibly needed to get out of the position he had become part of, whatever that entailed , it may have been even beyond him to take anymore?
So a fake death may have allowed some years on a tropical island, he probably deserved that at least.

The horse is not the best subject to talk about what we are all possibly a mere part of, they seem more human than many humans most of the time, as do a lot of dogs.
The force that is life, is a ghost that same force, is that force unique to humans or is it pot luck what you become part of, and when I say you, I am referring to a seperate force other than the machine that is your body.
This is what I presume this man called raymond Kurzweil, whoever he is?
is considering transferring into a machine different to the one he is stuck in at the moment.
What is it that he is prepared to install in a machine if its a seperate entity, is it a ghost?
Can that seperate entity be transferred?, if so would it be possible that young people could be taken and another older ghost be installed in place of , or alongside of the existing .
Would we know if an alien lifeforce entered into our bodies and operated as a human.
Is any life force unique , is a tree a tree and nothing but a tree?
Hope you can see where my bumbling words are leading to?
kevin
Lobsang Rampa

Mikado
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado ,
Cheers for that name, never heard of him before, what a case?
Very easily ridiculed, but what if he was genuine?
This is such a hard thing to talk about, as how do you provide any proof, we are conditioned into demanding proof, otherwise occams law is used and things are just dropped.
His books about previous civilizations upon this planet make such sense when you really look at the remnants left all over the world, some of the stones are hundreds of tons, but its just glossed over as a nothing.
they are just unearthing more vitrified cities in pakistan,
Mohenjo-daro, vitrified so called forts are in many parts of Scotland, and another road area has just been found in England, all vitrified above any possible temperatures possible in current history theories.

If time is a circulation , rather than a linear type path, then it is possible that there are signifigant points around a circulation where the hour gong strikes .
And that history will be akin to a repeating set of occurances with slight variations.
The theme of not much time keeps repeating upon this site, an urgency, so perhaps a little more assistance is required?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

UNFORTUNATELY I ERASED THIS POST BEFORE SAVING IT - IT HAS SOMEHOW FALLEN THROUGH THE CRACKS.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.