Chapter 59: The Whole Deal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

Its just so huge

Post by grinder »

I think that it has taken awhile for me to realize just how huge this all is.

I had recently messaged another forum member. I was upset over the Justice deal. Paul had asked him what his "Agenda" was on being on our forum ( silent thought, maybe to simpy do what he accused us of ... wasting time)

And I tried to explain that MY " Agenda" was to find out just what was so damned important that so many people have apparently spent their whole lives protecting it. Dr. Brown, Linda , Morgan , Mr. Twigsnapper and others. What could possibly be so important that people like this would step aside their personal lives to continue this "mission"? ... whatever it is .... but now I am beginning to get a glimmer of what it was and still IS.

And I see that the only way Paul can even halfway bring any of this to the surface is to tell the story of the ONE man and his family the best way he can. After that it will be like a stream going downhill with all the other storys joining it. Its WAY too big a story for just one man. But its a start. grinder
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

deceptively simply and quickly read

Post by ladygrady »

I notice strange numbers.

This is the first chapter that has jumped so quickly in "views" up to over 400 tonight and gaining quickly. One wonders why that is, when all of the others have risen slowly but surely, this has doubled overnight and I will be curious to see how the numbers progress, I can't imagine that it would double in views every day but thats what its done so far. What is feeding that interest? Word finally getting out? Perhaps so. grady
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: deceptively simply and quickly read - from LadyGrady

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

ladygrady wrote:I notice strange numbers.

This is the first chapter that has jumped so quickly in "views" up to over 400 tonight and gaining quickly. One wonders why that is, when all of the others have risen slowly but surely, this has doubled overnight and I will be curious to see how the numbers progress, I can't imagine that it would double in views every day but thats what its done so far. What is feeding that interest? Word finally getting out? Perhaps so. grady
That's the first thing I noticed too, Ms. Ladygrady :)

Two reasons popped into my head:

1 ] The top of the list is the chapter when Townsend told Morgan that Time Travel was possible in his lifetime, and since mention of the fictional (???) Argonaut, this is the only other chapter making concrete reference to time travel.

2] Everyone loves a good romance story, even if the ending is bittersweet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been staying away; I heard about a ruckus and a bad smell coming from the general direction of a mystery person ...
But I am back now :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth, I got a copy of Mimsy Were The Borogoves for you. Good read!

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Alfie

Paul S.
This was a well written chapter. I liked how you incorporated a little bit of history into the scenario and transitioned it into the story. The first two paragraphs would make good screenplay material... That's what screenwriters do... (I took 1 class a long long long time ago; it was fun~)

I have a question. Morgan (and Linda) wouldn't have mentioned Alfie if the character wasn't important. I am just working my way around that part of the story.

Who was he? Is he a CG operative? Was he there to keep an eye out on Linda before Morgan got there? I don't believe it was chance that he was there. And he must have some sort of significance to the story.

Right?

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: could be right

Post by Langley »

grinder wrote:Hello Paul,

You live in a grand country.

And you could be closer to right as wrong. I find it interesting ( don't you? That Dr. Robert Sarbacher, when people mention him, he is usually describes as a " high frequency " expert. And have you read enough of Pauls story to note that the scientist who was to be handed over in that botched meeting at the German farmhouse was a " high voltage expert"

Therre is a connection I am sure that you might see that I am not smart enough to see yet but I know that the Caroline Group went to alot of trouble to get their hands on this man. So what the heck was going on. And yes I imagine some sort of "antennae would have been something that Dr. Brown was interested in at the time. they were after maybe not " things" as much as " people". Maybe thats what the "list" Dr. Brown had in his head was .... a list of people! Anyway, Sure nice to get your opinions! grinder
Thanks Grinder, I dont know much, prbly just enough to be confused. But the technical hurdle is one of safety. like, you can power things by induction, theres plenty of low power devices these days like cordless shavers that recharge on a contactless base, etc, but like to get sufficient wattage at distance to do real work you'd fry turkeys in mid flight. Unless there is a way of downshifting the natural energy density of space. But Im not in the know.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: ultrawideband

Post by Langley »

Trickfox wrote:Paul I think that the frequency is not as important as the bandwidth and the harmonic content of the energy. ordinary single frequency EMF radiation is conserved and therefore ANY equipment radiating energy must be carefully examined to see how much harmonic content is being radiated. This is because of conserved spectrum usage which started when FCC started to assign reserved bandwidth.

If Tesla had won his argument with Edison when they met J.P. Morgan, then our whole EM communication usage would be different. The spectrum would NOT be conserved, and the energy would be distributed as RANDOM NOISE which could then be tapped for it's rich harmonic content.

When synchronised with naturally occuring background radiation, the information channel would become the difference between true stochastic noise and a pseudo-random frequency hopping low power signal.(something which does not require very much radiated power to be efficient over long distances, and can penetrate true ground)

This is a lot to try and explain so let's just call it a major change from conserved EM radiation to stochastic Electrogravitic communication.

This is what the ULTRA-WIDEBAND syndrome is all about. DC to daylight frequency ranges, stochastic distribution of energy, symbiosis with naturally occuring background radiation.

It's a dream of mine.

Trickfox
Your saying resonant frequencies are capable of inducing more than unity in an output device?
I see that ultra wide band could be summed and use in resonance at a chosen single frequency.

But the higher the frequency the greater its induction ability and the greater its penetrating power. Like AC transmission in a power line is more efficient as it self induces. where as dc sees more resistance during transmission.

Space does have an energy density and its probably capable of being tapped.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: UHF as a Power Source

Post by Langley »

Mikado14 wrote:
Paul wrote:Open one up and there inside is basically a recieving antenna, a rectifier and a moving coil meter.
You just described a crystal radio except the speaker or headset replaces the galvinometer.

Mikado
Yes, and the tuning capacitor. I was after something commonly in use now.

I read of a guy in the UK who built a circuit that could sum multiple ordinary AM radio station broadcasts into a single DC current and operate devices such as electric motors. ie he obtained sufficient wattage by taking a wide range of frequency bands and their harmonics and combined them. No chooks were fried in flight.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Alfie

Post by Victoria Steele »

LBL,

I had let the character of "Alfie" slide under my radar but you are right. There are several things he could have represented.

And remembering what Elizabeth has coached about avoiding the "either/ors of thinking" . Here are a few suggestions. Anybody had another thought about this Alfie guy?

1.) Perhaps he was exactly as Linda appraised him at first. Its springtime in Philadelphia in Rittenhouse Square. I know the place. It has an unusual assortment of visitors from every walk of life, literally. During the day there are alot of children playing there under the big trees, girlfriends meeting before going shopping, couples walking hand in hand, older couples just sitting on the benches. Its just really a nice park, but it would not be unusual for someone of Lindas discription to slide on through. I probably would have been on my guard too. And if he took the "last train" in from the main line, or one of them ... it was getting later and probably starting to get dark, or dark already and yes, she probably was right to have her guard up.

Radomir, you said that maybe Morgan ignored Linda intentionally because Alfie represented a part of his "old life" in New York City and he didn't even want that character to notice her. So by interacting with him .... (and ignoring her) he set up a distraction. Of course later he had to deal with Lindas response which I really understand . I would have been pissed. But looking at it from another angle I can see some possibilities.

Or perhaps you were right. Perhaps Alfie was there to " guard" Linda until Morgan got there. And of course his purpose couldn't be recognized. So the whole conversation could have been a sham for anyone else who happened to be watching to protect that " guardians" role? Even Linda? Or maybe especially Linda.

ORRRR What about this? Perhaps Alfie was a reminder to Morgan that there was someone there protecting his backside? or .... both of theirs?

I don't know if we will ever hear of "alfie" again. Interesting name. Wasn't there a movie out about that time by the name of Alfie? Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

and another point

Post by grinder »

Did you notice how quickly Morgan removed Linda from the downtown area? Straight out to that farm, wherever that was? It wasn't where his parents lived because there is no mention of them. No, this place was empty and from the sound of it pretty remote. I sense that Linda didn't have to "clear" this with her Dad. I think he already knew. And maybe thats what that " I have decided to go in that direction" was actually all about. Maybe it wasn't about "joining up" more than the two week "vacation" with Dr. Browns daughter?

The place is like perfect to give these two lovers some privacy. Do you think that this was just an arrangement that Morgan "threw together?" Hardly. I don't think this man does anything without planning out all of the different sides of things. Was he already concious of "security" issues? All the while making sure that the place was "spotless" and charming? I would bet on it. And even though Linda might not have seen all of the behind the scene manuverings I' ll just she sure felt it. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: UHF as a Power Source

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:
Paul wrote:Open one up and there inside is basically a recieving antenna, a rectifier and a moving coil meter.
You just described a crystal radio except the speaker or headset replaces the galvinometer.

Mikado
Yes, and the tuning capacitor. I was after something commonly in use now.
There is no tuning capacitor in a crystal radio, tuning is accomplished by a slider on a coil with the crystal to the wiper. Search the forum, we have discussed crystal radio or "cats whisker" radios before and their uniqueness. I am only pointing out that the microwave detector is identical to the above.
Paul wrote: But the higher the frequency the greater its induction ability and the greater its penetrating power. Like AC transmission in a power line is more efficient as it self induces. where as dc sees more resistance during transmission.
Could you possibly explain what you mean by self inducing? Just curious.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Radomir
Senior Cadet

rocks and things

Post by Radomir »

Kevin B. (and EHD):

Have you ever heard of a UK-based artist named Andy Goldsworthy? If not I strongly recommend a recent DVD of his called Rivers and Tides: Working with Time.

Kevin, this Andy is someone who I think senses the same sorts of things you do, only when he finds them he can't help but...embellish them.

Whenever I watch this movie, I almost cannot breathe for the wonder of his perception, and how closely he has come to palpably understanding the substance of things in nature. Rocks, ice, rivers, tides, mud, dust, raindrops, leaves, flower petals...

Keeping this on-topic, one will note that some of his more well-known tide sculptures are rock-piles in the shapes of eggs. There is a Schauberger reference here as well.

I commend him to you.

R.
grinder
Senior Officer

other side of it

Post by grinder »

I would involve myself in the technical discussion here but I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. Its important though . I know that. Glad you guys are here to toss the subjects back and forth because I think thats part of this whole exercise, getting these ideas out there.

Then there is the other side of things.

What is Dr. Brown doing while Linda is taking her very well deserved romantic two week break? Could he have possibly been doing something that he did not want to share with her? What was his first two weeks at the Decker complex like? Who was working with him, who was coming and going and what was the place like? Dosimeter badges that Linda later noticed but what happened while she was " busy" <g

And after she and Morgan say goodbye he and her Dad are talking about something called the " Argonaut"which ," hasn't been built yet?" What kind of "security" surrounded THAT meeting, I wonder? grinder
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Alfie the movie

Victoria Steele wrote: I don't know if we will ever hear of "alfie" again. Interesting name. Wasn't there a movie out about that time by the name of Alfie? Victoria
Yup. August 1966. Five Oscar Nominations, and six or seven wins in various other awards stuff. Michael Caine is Alfie, a womanising man who doesn't believe his actions have any consequences until a twist of fate enables him to fall in love and enter a permanent relationship with Ruby (Shelley Winters) who eventually leaves him for a younger man.

How apt, for Morgan who was a Lady's Man until Linda, and then they become star crossed lovers anyways.

Morgan and Linda's story kind of reminds me of Persuasion (by Jane Austen), except no one is convincing Linda that Morgan is unsuitable. Quite the reverse. But unlike Austen's story, L and M don't wind up together in the end.
But it IS kind of nice to think that throughout her life, she had a secret friend, always kind of looking out for her, protecting her, and just being there, behind the wings sort of. You know? Like a human angel.

OK, like you, Victoria, I AM a diehard romantic. My favorite fictional characters? Elizabeth Bennett and Fiztwilliam Darcy...

and all this science stuff, just whoosh, right over my little head. :)

LongboardLOVELY
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

friends

Post by ladygrady »

LBL,

Yes. Thats an interesting thought though. What would that be like, quite? Having a "human angel" watching over you? But being forced to live a life apart? I'll have to think about that for a while to decipher whether that is a blessing or a curse.

I imagine her entire life ( if this "project" is as big as I am now suspecting it is) has had "people" strangely alongside her. Guardians? People she didn't even recognize as such? How does she know who are friends and who are "protectors" and if thats the case, what is she being protected against? Or is this just sort of a courtesy from this organization? How long have these " guardians" been in Lindas life? All along?

When her father told her to go on and have a life of her own, that the "project " was over (I'll get into my comments on THAT later) did the bodyquards disappear too? And if they didn't leave ..... who did she think these people in her life were? Many questions. grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: friends

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote:LBL,

Yes. Thats an interesting thought though. What would that be like, quite? Having a "human angel" watching over you? But being forced to live a life apart? I'll have to think about that for a while to decipher whether that is a blessing or a curse.

I imagine her entire life ( if this "project" is as big as I am now suspecting it is) has had "people" strangely alongside her. Guardians? People she didn't even recognize as such? How does she know who are friends and who are "protectors" and if thats the case, what is she being protected against? Or is this just sort of a courtesy from this organization? How long have these " guardians" been in Lindas life? All along?

When her father told her to go on and have a life of her own, that the "project " was over (I'll get into my comments on THAT later) did the bodyquards disappear too? And if they didn't leave ..... who did she think these people in her life were? Many questions. grady
(The following is being said tongue in cheek)

Ladygrady,

I would suppose you understand suspicions that I hold within me but here is a thought for all those questions you have posed....

...How about typing them up and just leaving them on your desk and perhaps your employer just might fill in the blanks?

(Now serious)

Could one suppose that if Linda Brown worked with her Dad and they were as close as is portrayed, maybe she just knows a little more than you think and a stray eye in her direction is not so stray.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy