Chapter 59: The Whole Deal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: the character

Post by Langley »

grinder wrote:Maybe you guys can tell that I have been interested in figuring out the character of this " Caroline Group" and this is what I have puzzled out so far. .....

grinder
Its interesting that the Caroline Group and the CIA were a suitable mix. The two flow in and out of the text about Morgan regularly.

With original ideas that have National Security implications - even from a purely economic viewpoint alone sometimes - when the inventor isnt cleared to a level that would permit the inventor to retain control the finished product, then at a certain point, the knowledge is retained by government and restricted. But it still mass produced in industrial plants with sufficient security clearance and over sight. And I think thats where Intelligence and Industry have to interface.

There has to be an interface between the government and industry, and maybe the Caroline Group was is one such entity. And its role adapted to what was the order of the day, though it had sufficient clout to act on its own within limits.

That Brown was cleared to a high level is evidenced by the places he worked. So being cleared, he wasnt the problem, it was those around him who werent that presented the problem.

I am waiting to see what eventuated in the economic circumstances of Dr Brown to cause his impoverishment in his latter years. If there is merit in his major project, at some point he seems to have been squeezed out.

To cite an example: When the US commenced the Manhattan Project, it took over Crocker Labs, which until that time under Lawrence, had worked on nuclear medicine via Lawrence's cyclotron. Radio Iodine, Radio Phosphorous and Strontium 89. etc. The MP cut the medical funding and suppressed until 1953 (M Brucer) all of the prewar civilian radioisotope work where that work involved r isotopes created or induced by the bomb. The knowledge came under the security blanket. Once the National Security needs were met, the restriction was lifted. But the individuals who did the original research work and who made their living from that were out of the loop. (with exceptions, such as Lawrence and Brucer etc, because Groves ordered that physics and medicine be kept separate under the MP to compartmentalise the knowledge, so doctors with nuclear physics training ie Pecher, were a no no unless they were hand picked). And cut they were cut off. Sr89 as a treatment was "rediscovered" in 1973. But Pecher's work at creating it in the Crocker Cyclotron and successfully shrinking bone tumours with it in humans happened between 39-42. At Pechers funeral in 1942 Lawrence wrote Pechers obiturary which was published in "Science". Pecher was young. Sr89 is a major fission fallout product as it turns out. Much greater immediate impact than Sr90. And the fission product cross sections were secret of course. Had to be, or else there was a risk of the enemy using the information for its benefit.

GE didnt mass produce and market Metastron (Sr89 Chloride) until the 80's. Though the knowledge was about 40 years old by that stage.

The work of the MP was eventually mass produced by Sandia Labs, now a pty company as I understand it.

Brown was working on his project until when, the 70s? If it is released openly in my life time I'll be lucky, but no doubt those who will be needed to roll it out already know enough to be able to get going on it in at least a general sense when called upon to do so. Its called the military/industrial complex by Ike.

At some point there will a "Sandia Corp" for Browns work. If there isnt already. The Caroline Group was headed by people who were either heavy duty industrialists or were in Intelligence or both, from my reading of the personnel. It was an interface unit.

At one point Teflon might have been secret. Now its openly mass produced. Its not restricted to NASA anymore.
grinder
Senior Officer

nobody knows his name

Post by grinder »

Langley,

You bring up some very interesting points and I like the word you used " Interface"

So perhaps this is what the Caroline Group has always acted as, sort of an "interfacing agency" between the military and the industrial complex.

Yeah, but thats got to be a tough situation. You have to have top men in all of those fields, strongly in your corner and I just don't know how that would happen.

BUT... historically .... I guess it has happened ... if you read about Sir William Stephensons connections in the past. He and his group were strongly influential in producing the spitfires that were needed and I believe that they had a strong hand in the early radar stations too in England in World War II .

Economically most of the men on that yacht " The Caroline" were extremely wealthy and the circle that Dr. Brown seems to have at least been friends with, in his later "impoverished " years (especially Floyd Odlum .... now there was a mover and a shaker. You know how I know that he was influential? You don't see him mentioned. You have to REALLY dig to discover that at one time he was one of the most wealthy men in the United States.)

) So I agree with you Langley, I am anxious to see what happens in the next chapters because there are alot of REALLY unanswered questions!

Is there a chance that the Caroline Group would be powerful and engrained enough in both the military AND the economic and political structures to remain unseen? Just like Odlum? Just ask around a little bit and nobody knows his name. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

coinky dinks

Post by Mikado14 »

Geez, as the title says.

Paul changes his name to "Langley".

"Langley" gets a hello from Mr. Twigsnapper, now if he wasn't saying hello to the CIA he must have been saying it to Paul from Australia which means.....

Langley,

If your summation of the situation is correct, and I seriously would like to know, and my little tongue in cheek above is in the correct field of play thennnnnnnn. ........aren't these the people that Ike warned about?

Just being the devil here...and then maybe not.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: the character

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:They will offer opportunities to individuals to "help them" reach particular personal agendas (which happen to be in line with theirs ), and if all goes well, all prosper. (William Stephenson went from one jump infront of the sheriff after his bankruptcy to a multimillionaire just within ten years. ( actually I think closer to five)
Hello grinder my inquisitive friend,

Bankruptcy can be a very, very usefull legal and financial tool. To those that know how.

Ever hear the one about eggs and a basket?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Stay Tuned

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Somehow I just need to know more about what happened in his life after that Are you going to be able to tell us? Do you think he was happy with his decision or do you think, after all of these years, he regretted that decision? Can you tell me anything on this score?
Sorry to be so slow answering this query... but, actually, I have been working on some of the answers to some of those questions. Sorta.

There are things I can tell, things I can't tell, and things I just don't know (more in the third category than either of the first two). But, eventually, I think I can answer some, if not most, of those questions. It could take awhile though, at the rate things are going.

At least, I do think that the installment I've been working on all week (Tuesday, Victoria), will address some of your questions. But, then, you know how that goes... every answer just generates more questions...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: coinky dinks

Post by Gewis »

Mikado14 wrote:If your summation of the situation is correct, and I seriously would like to know, and my little tongue in cheek above is in the correct field of play thennnnnnnn. ........aren't these the people that Ike warned about?

Mikado
I think they are the same people Ike warned about. Black-side research is huge, and the large corporations developing more advanced military technologies are in bed with congressmen and generals alike, and some of the same people wear different hats at different times. If they were just rich from developing valuable things they sold to buyers, and just had economic power that was based on volitional agreements, then I'd have no problem with them. But the kind of power they have is often compulsory and dangerous, and when people have it they get intoxicated with it. Addicted. It's really frightening.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: coinky dinks

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:If your summation of the situation is correct, and I seriously would like to know, and my little tongue in cheek above is in the correct field of play thennnnnnnn. ........aren't these the people that Ike warned about?

Mikado
I think they are the same people Ike warned about. Black-side research is huge, and the large corporations developing more advanced military technologies are in bed with congressmen and generals alike, and some of the same people wear different hats at different times. If they were just rich from developing valuable things they sold to buyers, and just had economic power that was based on volitional agreements, then I'd have no problem with them. But the kind of power they have is often compulsory and dangerous, and when people have it they get intoxicated with it. Addicted. It's really frightening.
Do you mean that the Caroline group are those that Ike warned about? Thats what I was questioning.

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

digging is worth it

Post by twigsnapper »

Digging into this "Military -Industrial complex can be confusing but its certainly worth it. First thing you must remember . Words that Morgan used to impress on me, and I think he fairly well impressed on Paul.
EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA.

Someone said that Floyd Odlum was nearly impossible to find mentioned anywhere so I brought this up to give you an idea of the connections and the "agendas swirling" around him at the time. You will see other familiar names too, some names bandied about often in the UFO conspiracy circles but keep your fine noses tuned for the faint scent of the fox here and avoid those red herrings thrown across the path. The entire article of course is interesting if not terminally confusing. Just get a feel for it.

http://www.afa.org/magazine/perspectives/0588revolt.asp

"Organized under the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations (Administration), a research group, Op- 23, headed by Capt. Arleigh A. Burke, a crack destroyer commander during the war and a future CNO, began to gather material critical of the B-36's performance and capabilities. In April and May 1949, rumors of fraud surfaced in connection with B- 36 contracts. Secretary of Defense Johnson once had been a member of the board of directors of Consolidated Vultee, manufacturer of the bomber. Also, an "anonymous document" circulated in Washington, claiming that the B-36 was a "billion- dollar blunder" and that Johnson and Symington had a personal interest in its production because they owed favors to Floyd Odlum, whose company manufactured the plane."

eventually of course those charges were dropped

As press coverage critical of the B-36 and the Air Force increased in May, it was divulged that the author of the so-called "anonymous document" was Cedric R. Worth, civilian assistant to Under Secretary of the Navy Dan A. Kimball. Subsequently, a Navy court of inquiry determined that Worth, a former commander in the Naval Reserve and a professional writer, had been aided by Cmdr. Thomas D. Davies, assistant head of Op-23. Glenn L. Martin, an aircraft manufacturer who had recently lost a contract when funds were diverted to the B-36, provided information to Worth. After Congressman James E. Van Zandt (R-Pa.) of the House Armed Services Committee called for a special panel to investigate charges against Johnson and Symington, the House authorized the Armed Services Committee to conduct a comprehensive investigation of the B-36 matter as well as the decision to cancel the supercarrier and the overall issue of roles and missions."

Agendas, all agendas.

You will find however that when Congress refused to fund the United States missle program Floyd Odlum himself initially shouldered the expense through his Atlas Corportation. Without that move we would not have had the ability to launch into space and to counter Russian technology at the time. Sooo, did he do that out of pure greed? twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Oh, speaking of Russians

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul, while we are mentioning Russian technology I thought that you would be interested in this.

http://www.sandia.gov/news/resources/re ... pulse.html

twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Navigator

Post by twigsnapper »

kevin/Navigator

Look where you have travelled in your excitement over Nassim Haramein. Do you see a familiar name as well? Now, how do you suppose that got there!

http://crossingtheeventhorizon.com/

"Much like the path taken by Isaac Newton, Haramein’s theory was influenced by his exhaustive study of ancient civilizations, which revealed that they already possessed this knowledge and used it to accomplish many unexplained feats — such as building the Pyramids and constructing Stonehenge.

The journey continues through the history of humanity’s evolution, pointing out the inconsistencies in our concepts of physics. Ever since physicists encountered the contradictions of Einstein’s Field Equations and Quantum Mechanics, science has sought one elegant theory that would explain everything. Haramein, with the help of his coauthor Dr. E. A. Rauscher, has produced just such a theory.

Haramein and Dr. Rauscher have accomplished what scientists have been grappling with for decades."

twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Oh, speaking of Russians

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Paul, while we are mentioning Russian technology I thought that you would be interested in this.

http://www.sandia.gov/news/resources/re ... pulse.html

twigsnapper

Elegant, freakin' elegant.

But what about 40 years ago?

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

bubbles

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

You know the answer to that yourself. It just takes time for things to "bubble to the surface" And forty years is a blink of an eye.

I agree with you, simple and elegant. ....... and somehow oddly .... familiar ........ twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: digging is worth it

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote: EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA.
With all due respect sir, and you know I mean it but, you and Morgan are wrong. I believe that Morgan needs to clarify that a bit or was he always so paranoid?

Agenda
- –noun, formally a plural of. agendum, but usually used as a singular with plural. -das or -da. a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc

Purpose - –noun 1. the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3. determination; resoluteness.
4. the subject in hand; the point at issue.
5. practical result, effect, or advantage: to act to good purpose.

I like to believe that I have a purpose to my life and I live by that purpose although others have taken it upon themselves to inflict their group agenda upon myself and all that I had. (If I look at what has been written and if true, than this "Caroline" group may be the cause)

An example, my being in this forum and looking at the technology and what it can accomplish for humanity is my "purpose" as it was years ago and, at this time if I so choose to reacquaint myself, it will be the same purpose.

However, my "agenda" was to have a chess game with you.

In businesses that I have owned or operated there were agendas and purposes. In the formation of corporate by-laws, at least in Pennsylvania, the very first section is "purpose", not agenda as you well know that I understand.

I respect you as I have said but I will stand for what I believe and what is my nature, no apologies and I also know you well enough to respect my view. From what has been written, I can't believe Morgan would be such an absolutist but hey, he could be nothing more than a character in a narrative.

Here's a quetion for the forum, which best describes Dr. Brown?

Mikado

(I apologize for the cutting and pasting that I abhor but I felt it was necessary to prove my view)
grinder
Senior Officer

Navy/Airforce

Post by grinder »

Mr. Twigsnapper,

I obviously have alot of studying to do regarding the interservice rivalrys between the armed services. The Navy, Bombers? The early Air Force? I can see that people had their own agendas within their perspective service and I would bet that Dr. Brown maintained his love and loyalty to the Navy. But here we have Floyd Odlum running the company making the company producing the bombers?

I looked Arleigh Burke up and his history runs right back to submarines and the early development of missles based on subs. And Paul has mentioned that Dr. Brown had "contacts" within the sub world. Maybe if we just "throw a marker down" like Mr. Twigsnapper suggested earlier, something else will become apparent.

I mean the sub service earlier, connections with Rickover in both of their early years, then later mention of a sub arriving in Avalon Harbor to take one of Dr. Browns "sensors" for a test run? And even Twigsnapper mentioned San Diego near the end of Dr. Browns life. It just smells like the Navy to me. I don't think he ever stopped loving the Navy.

And just happened to look at that picture of Mr. Twigsnapper/Riley in Paris with Dr. Brown I think in 1956. Anybody able to tell us yet who those sailors were? Are they English? Or American? Submariners? or surface? I think there is a WHOLE story there that we don't even know yet. grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

meaning of agendas?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Sticking my nose in this conversation, if its alright Mikado. I am a little confused with the question you posed. So I am going to rephrase it and if you could comment on that?....................... you wrote:

"With all due respect sir, and you know I mean it but, you and Morgan are wrong. I believe that Morgan needs to clarify that a bit or was he always so paranoid?

Agenda - –noun, formally a plural of. agendum, but usually used as a singular with plural. -das or -da. a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc

Purpose - –noun 1. the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3. determination; resoluteness.
4. the subject in hand; the point at issue.
5. practical result, effect, or advantage: to act to good purpose."
===============================================

You make the point that you believe that Morgan needs to clarify his statement that "Everyone has an agenda" but then you proceed to describe the meaning of the word quite well and I see nothing in that description which would lend toward paranoia, it seems just a rational view of the world around all of us. Where do you see Paranoia in what he has stated as a matter of fact? and I wonder too why you see it? (Now THATS paranoia!!)

From my end of things, if anyone had a right to a paranoid viewpoint it would be someone in Morgans line of work but I don't really believe that it is reflected in this particular statement.

I agree that there are group agendas and hidden agendas and perverted agendas and a whole slew of other descriptions for them .... but they are still there, right? So the statement that " everyone has one" seems to me a statement of well considered thought. Justice took such an offense to others asking what his agenda was, is that all part of translating it as such a negative thing?

I have alot of agendas too Mikado, some more personal than others and I would think that there are many out there just like me. We , I should hope , all have reasons for doing what we do. I don't understand chess so I won' t be in line for that chess game with Mr. Twigsnapper. I would however like to help write his biography if he would ever allow that. ... and thats just one of my agendas off the top of my head ..... Just ONE reason I want to do a good job here helping Paul. Looking further into the future is not a bad thing, is it?

Then you continued:

" I respect you as I have said but I will stand for what I believe and what is my nature, no apologies and I also know you well enough to respect my view. From what has been written, I can't believe Morgan would be such an absolutist but hey, he could be nothing more than a character in a narrative.

Here's a question for the forum, which best describes Dr. Brown?"
==============================================
huh? An Absolutists or just a character in a narative???? Was that the question? I don't understand it , if it was.

I guess I need to ask you to restate that question because you lost me there somewhere? Thanks. Elizabeth