THE LAST MIMZY

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

losing cool

Post by twigsnapper »

Thankyou Radomir,

Trust me Radomir. I have continued to learn much from Morgan. And my being able to goad him into reaching for that knife on the floor took every ounce of mental power I had at that time. And trying to keep him well at arms length was another thing that Paul sort of glanced past in the chapter. As real life into book form will tell most of the time. It wasn't all that simple. But I did manage to prevail and he did manage to learn, probably the last real lesson I could teach him. He never forgot it and no one ever picked the battlefield for him again. Proud of that.

And its a lesson for everyone. Don't let others choose for you where you need to fight and in what manner. twigsnapper
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Last Lesson

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote: And its a lesson for everyone. Don't let others choose for you where you need to fight and in what manner. twigsnapper
Hmm... My Lao Shr said those very words to our class last Thursday evening....

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Re: Mr. Navigator sir

Post by Gewis »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: I won't get into the body of it. Thats for others. Trickfox, you out there? Mikado? Andy? Radomir?MarkC? grinder? Victoria? Lindab? Gewis?grady? Everyone else! ( sorry if I have left your name out ...you are ALL so VERY important) You all have bee been such a fantastic help here.!.... but see now how much work there is ahead? Elizabeth
Hi. I'm still around, lurking and reading. I don't have so much input with much of the conversations recently. They're drifting largely away from any of my expertise. So I listen.

I went to go see the movie. It was very weird. The acting/writing could have used some work. "If there's anything I can do for you... anything at all..." The kids were great, though, and some of the ideas explored tie in very well here. Spacetime is geometry. :)
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Trickfox
The Magician

:(

Post by Trickfox »

I am a little unhappy right now..

The movie you are all talking about is not showing here because it did not go over well. It was translated in Québec (as far as I can tell), and I'm still looking for it. It is only showing in two far away theaters right now (200 miles away)
It played one week-end several weeks ago but the kids never caught on. As soon as I find it in re-release, I'll be renting it.

I have seen the trailers and I must admit "a hole in my heart" as I begin to witness ideas which have been in my mind also. I feel as if the secret thoughs of my inner most being are being exposed before I have a chance to explain it all.

I have seen others complain the same way when they saw the movie "Blade runner". I see that many of my friends think in the same general way and that we are not just a bunch of "fringe types". We are just obsessed to continue playing in the sandbox of the universe.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Anyone know where I can find a Tilt A Whirl car? I want the stuff that dreams are made of.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

A WHAT?

Post by Trickfox »

What's a "Tilt A Whirl car"?

trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Tilt A Whirl

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have to laugh, when I read your remark Mikado, I thought immediately of the romance that was going on with Morgan and Linda.

And this is for you Trickfox! This is a rare occasion when I have beaten you to the information!

Thank you so much Mikado, special thoughts, as always.

http://www.maa.org/mathland/mathtrek_4_24_00.html

Especially from my frame of reference!

"Much of the fun of an amusement park ride results from its stomach-churning, mind-jangling unpredictability. The Tilt-A-Whirl, for example, spins its passengers in one direction, then another, sometimes hesitating between forays and sometimes swinging abruptly from one motion to another. A rider never knows exactly what to expect next."

BUT, THATS NOT ALL THERE IS TO IT. YOU ARE SO RIGHT MIKADO

Yet these complicated, surprising movements arise from a remarkably simple geometry. A passenger rides in one of seven cars, each mounted near the edge of its own circular platform but free to pivot about the center. The platforms, in turn, move at a constant speed along an undulating circular track that consists of three identical hills separated by valleys, which tilt the platforms

Hence, what happens to an individual Tilt-A-Whirl car is highly dependent upon the weight of its passengers and where they sit. The resulting jumbled mixture of car rotations never repeats itself exactly, which gives the Tilt-A-Whirl its lively and unpredictable character. Indeed, no two trips are ever likely to produce exactly the same thrills and chills.

And thats whats happening in this book too!

"The Tilt-A-Whirl first operated in 1926 at an amusement park in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Most likely, the ride's inventor, Herbert W. Sellner, discovered its unpredictable dynamics not through mathematical analysis but by building one, trying it out, and making trial-and-error adjustments"

I had to laugh at that .... because, also, in this story I think that we will all start to see that indeed was what was happening. One wonders what "trial and error adjustments" meant to Dr. Brown!

Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

so what if

Post by grinder »

So what if you were the OPERATOR OF A TILT A WHIRL machine?

http://www.maa.org/mathland/mathtrek_5_1_00.html

"Shortly after the publication of The Jungles of Randomness, where I described the Tilt-A-Whirl model developed by Huggard and Kautz, I received a message from software development engineer Dave Boll of Colorado. He described his experience one summer running a Tilt-A-Whirl, "which is easily the most entertaining carnival ride to operate."

Why? The operator can actually orchestrate the movement of individual cars. A single lever controls the ride's speed, so an operator can slightly retard or accelerate the ring of platforms at any moment. By applying just the right amount of velocity change at exactly the right time, it's possible to spin a particular car. For example, if a car is currently not spinning, is about to go uphill, and is positioned toward the inside, accelerating the platform will send the car into a very fast spin.

That's what makes the ride so attractive to operate, Doll says."

And the thought hit me, I wonder sometimes if Dr. Brown didn't feel a little bit like the operator of a Tilt a Whirl ride? grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Heres a rather old one of those things?
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/oldsarum
Around a central point, where the castle is , are 10 circulations arranged around the area between the inner so called defence ditch and the outer embankment and ditch.
How those ten circulations spin and in what direction is dependant upon where certain large magnets are in relation to each other in the universe.

The circulations are containers of two opposing spins, going in both directions without much resistance.
These two circulations can be teased apart , one sent racing around the embankment top, the other sent down into the ditch.
One spins clockwise, the other anti-clockwise ( anti christ?)

They stuck a cathederal upon one circulation, that was a mistake, so they moved it down into the valley.

As the circulations move without the opposite flow going in the opposite direction, they do so rather faster, so called english -heritage have recently dug a big hole in the outer upper embankment and built a toilet block into it, dependant upon where some of those magnets are may make going to that toilet rather interesting ?, though the idiots have earthed it with their pipework.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

a question

Navigator,

I don't know how you got to the site you found about Old Sarum from the discussion about the Carnival ride we were talking about. ( Oh suddenly I get the cosmic ha ha connection ..." Don't Stop the Carnival" ... )

But how you got there, really isn't the thing at task here , is it? So now here, the idea is to look around?

I am painfully ignorant of this countryside. I have never visited Old Sarum or the other sites, Stonehenge, Avebury, etc. so I was lost when looking over the site you quoted, still wondering why I was there. and then of course, why I had been led to "stumble" on this.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/olds ... ntSlide=10

Now, I have looked beyond "crop circles" intentionally in the past because I recognized that there is a BIG story here and it is probably well beyone my ability to look into it as a "sideline" research project. So instead of getting "in over my head" with the supject I have just ignored it.

But now, I have some questions for you kevin. The crop circle pictured. (Made entirely of triangles) Has that particular one been proven out or is it still a local mystery? Hard to tell from this end which are remaining mysteries and which have been proven hoaxes.

Have you any remarks about the small lights people have reported seeing in conjunction with the appearance of these circles? thanks in advance, Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

test pattern

And going out on a limb ( I hope not by myself here) it struck me that this "crop circle" just looks like some sort of a "test pattern"

And what if its simply that? A way of demonstrating some kind of control over the forces that you have been talking about kevin, then does the discussion about the "control" of a Carnival ride make ANY kind of passing sense?

In this discussion here it doesn't matter how we got from there to here remember, just that we are where we need to look around?

Anybody else out there see what kevin and I have sensed? Mikado? Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Wow , your fast on the draw ( Annie Oakley , me thinks , in previous encarnation?)

A crop circle has recently arrived here at OLIVERS CASTLE.
I sense nine fold geometry, which I always pick up on, I was going to post something before you posted but was dragged out to an auction by Suzi my other half.
No matter how a crop circle is created, it exists, who ever or whatever influenced its creation, is irrelevant.
The diss-information around them is intense, I ignore such people.
http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2007 ... e2007.html
This is what I was going to post this morning, I dont know why but these things were invented in Philidelphia in 1946, which also caught my attention.
Can't find the link now, its about slinkies , the springs that go down stairs.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
This is the link, I hope people are not annoyed at me, I just watched this and nearly fell off my chair at the end, James|
I will post another link that will explain about that name, very odd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZL6RGkPjws
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
The reason James nearly knocked me off my chair, was not just the wingmakers site and James, it was this James , who i have been reading about.
I have been recieving quite a lot of stick in the megalithic world because i have been saying that the sun is actually cool, but a huge huge magnet, and that all the religions of sun worship , are merely distractions from the true picture of reality.
I consider life will be upon the sun.
Keep thinking sanskrit, and down at the bottom of the deep blue sea.

Read up on James Churchward, if you google him, the bibleotecapleyades site is good, go to the page about the sun been cool, can't make the link work?

kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Tilt A Whirl

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:"Much of the fun of an amusement park ride results from its stomach-churning, mind-jangling unpredictability. The Tilt-A-Whirl, for example, spins its passengers in one direction, then another, sometimes hesitating between forays and sometimes swinging abruptly from one motion to another. A rider never knows exactly what to expect next."
Interesting analogy.

Now, what do you suppose it would be like to be a rider in a Tilt-A-Whirl... AND be the operator at the same time??

Like I said: My World and Welcome To It.

There's a chapter 58 in here somewhere, whirling around in my brain. Yes, I'm back in the saddle, but still not sure which way the horse is facing...

Thursday? You mean THIS Thursday?? Doubtful.

But never say never.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer