Chapter 56: All Flags Flying

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

A pattern

Post by grinder »

So here is my question. Was Dr. Sarbacher then a "potential" Caroline member before he was even " tapped"? It seems that his path was strikingly similar to Dr. Browns and the "trigger" seemed to be the young women who magically " crossed their paths" This Italian heiress on one hand and Florence Douglas on the other.

The same thing happened of course with Morgan. He had a sort of unique life but it wasn't anything compared to what happened in his life after he started his relationship with her. ( Did she seem to fit the "type" I wonder. Young .... and with her own driver . Well yes, I would think that she fit the profile.

And as I recall, Dr. Brown said " Hello there." for the first time. Paul makes a point during that first meeting to say that Dr. Brown " seemed to be expecting " this young man.

And here is the sad part for your two lovers Victoria. If you are following the "profile" none of the Caroline " gypsie ladies" ended up with the men they brought into the group. Of course I think Morgan was the only one who was able to develop any kind of an emotional attachment.

So I wonder if this is part of it too. How do the " Caroline Members" seem to "recognize" a new member.? Is it just wishful thinking? Are they somehow "precoded?" If not,How many "possibles" do they apprroach before one sticks like spaghetti on a wall?

And here is another wierd thought. How far up the "Caroline ladder" might you go without even realizing that you are on it? grinder
Last edited by grinder on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

More secret than the H. Bomb

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

[quote] The name of Robert Sarbacher is familiar to researchers investigating UFO and extraterrestrial contact conspiracy theories. His reputation in those circles derives from a limited number of published references, beginning with the notes of a conversation that Sarbacher had with Canadian scientist Wilbert Smith in 1950. It was Sarbacher who allegedly told Smith that “…flying saucers existâ€
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

alot to chew on

Post by Victoria Steele »

I've reread that chapter a few times already and I have so many questions I can't really express them all.

Sheeze. I was not expecting to see Sarbachers name up there. The only thing I knew of him was that statement to W. Smith. I thought it was wierd that someone would say something like that to someone that was not even an American citizen. And then watch what Smith does. He goes home, starts this project Magnet (which I don't understand at all, atall) and then there is this thing about "clearing an airfield or something " for a "flying saucer landing . WHAT? Now that you have brought Dr. Browns name into this .... I am like flow and Hanger 18. I THOUGHT it was all horseshit but now ..... well ..... you gotta wonder. The story was that he couldn't get the governments guarantee that the " saucer people" would be able to leave freely after visiting. Of course no one would give him that guarantee so he cancelled the landing. I know Paul, you are going to say immediately " wheres the URL for that information. How the heck do I know. Buried somewhere, I'll try to find it again for you. Maybe its all someones imagination.

No wonder you said that you had sources that were telling you about Dr. Sarbacher. It was our Mr. Twigsnapper(ORiley).

So, can I ask Mr. Twigsnapper. Was DR. Sarbacher your " boss" or your partner in the Caroline group. When he arrived with all flags flying was he disguised as a member of the Admirals staff or WAS he a member of the Admirals staff? I rather suspect that whatever rank he pulled on Campaigne was his actual rank. Of course its obvious that the Caroline Group can have members in any army, navy, on each side!

Quite a scene, moving the tank commanders body. What a movie! Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

his lab

Post by grinder »

Pretty telling actually. I remember thinking that Townsend Brown when he first met Josephine was pretty much telling her where his heart actually was. As I recall he was late to their first date because he got held over with some thing interesting at his lab. And now he names his daughter so that her initials spelled out LAB ....... I gotta give it to him. The guy is single minded!

And this Sarbacher connection is REALLY more than I expected. His name is all over the place when you look up " Flying Saucers" of the fifties but it all goes back to that one memo that he (Smith) apparently joted out to himself. No one else seems to REALLY know what Sarbacher does except "hang around Washington and consult." I read somewhere that he had used the expression somewhere that he was a "dollar a year man" which is odd because thats what I heard my Dad call himself once when I was a kid and he was still living with us. I can remember thinking 9 you know kids are odd and I was REALLY odd) I can remember thinking .... "How can I make more allowance than he does?"

Dr. Sarbacher apparently was running a lab that was "testing materials" the rumor was written that were "dropped by UFOs" in the fifties. Whats up with that? grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

members in the Navy

Post by grinder »

Just one other thought while things are coming together in my head! Watch out! On a roll now!

NOW it makes sense that a seaman first class can suggest to the Navy department to continue the research he has been doing as a kid AND send him to Washington to oversee the work. ALL WITHIN A MONTH. I can tell you one thing when I was a boot if I had tried a request like that I would still be waiting. Anybody else find that strange? You have to go back some in the storyline but I think that Paul covered it in the section about being in the Navy 1930s or so. NOW read back over how that happened and that makes REAL sense. Someone was REALLY pulling some major strings.

I don't think it went to Dr. Browns head really because from everything I have read he maintained a very humble attitude but deep down he has to have thought that somehow he was specially regarded. He wasn't STUPID . Then all of a sudden it is up to a Caroline member from the other side to save his hide.? And later, I am sure he found out what attitude Campaigne had .... before the "flags" showed up. Did they ever meet after the war?

Paul said there was back channel messaging going on too. Probably through that "Caroline radio set ". Would the tank commander have known how to operate something like that? Was he the one that called in the "flags?" How else would they have known so fast that things had gone sour for Dr. Brown? And if you read carefully you will see that for awhile ORiley had sort of bought into the idea that Dr. Brown had been killed. It wasn't until Sarbacher ( who ever he was called at the time) showed up that the idea came to the surface that they were going to " rescue" Dr. Brown. So Sarbacher must have known that the plan was to keep him alive somehow.And did you notice in Pauls account that Sarbacher walked immediately over to the body of the tank commander, as if he KNEW he would find Dr. Brown there shielded and still alive. Sheeze, like Victoria says. Next chapter Paul? grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: members in the Navy

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote: And later, I am sure he found out what attitude Campaigne had .... before the "flags" showed up. Did they ever meet after the war?
The answer to that one is "yes," and while I don't have a lot of details, I gather there was some squirming on Campaigne's part. If you can find the reference to Campaigne's employment in the 50s (try Bamford...), you'll have all kinds of clues as to what came later.
Paul said there was back channel messaging going on too. Probably through that "Caroline radio set ". Would the tank commander have known how to operate something like that? Was he the one that called in the "flags?" How else would they have known so fast that things had gone sour for Dr. Brown? And if you read carefully you will see that for awhile ORiley had sort of bought into the idea that Dr. Brown had been killed. It wasn't until Sarbacher ( who ever he was called at the time) showed up that the idea came to the surface that they were going to " rescue" Dr. Brown. So Sarbacher must have known that the plan was to keep him alive somehow.And did you notice in Pauls account that Sarbacher walked immediately over to the body of the tank commander, as if he KNEW he would find Dr. Brown there shielded and still alive.
Whatever questions you just asked... I think you also answered them. Nice reading between the lines.
Sheeze, like Victoria says. Next chapter Paul?
God, give these people an inch.... :wink:

---PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Movie....Movie

Post by Trickfox »

OK.... There is definatly ACTION movie scenarios all over this chapter also.
Love scenes etc. This is going to be a great movie.

The book chapters beats all the general discussion area. Now all the Sarbacher material fits real well, and a lot of eroneous information is now set clear to understand and believe.

Thank you Paul, for making all of this so authentic by cross referencing the stories.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

When you have a book broken down into chapters in this strange way, you can look back and know what happened in the past chapters, but you can't do anything about it, because Paul has written it out in that way.
If you do alter anything radically, everything would change?
So, if time is similer, you may be able to back read some of the chapters of time and KNOW .
The strange thing is, that when I have managed to do that, it always is similer to a black and white silent movie, with sketchy detail.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

difficult choice

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

kevin,

I think anyone who is trying to present such a large amount of information ( such as Pauls massive material) is really going to be challenged with the form of that presentation. No matter how he decides to do it, he is following his own creative urge here. And you certainly know how important it is to be true to that creative force.

Maybe there is going to be a special result obtained from his writing this biography. Pauls the ability to compile and present the more detailed view of Townsend Browns life is beginning to have an effect I think even with the viewers here on the forum.

We all will be able to take that information with us as we step into the future. Thats the nature of knowledge. Will what we learn change future events? I believe so myself. If this future book helps us look at our world differently, at our history differently, then I would venture a yes to that.

So is Paul "messing with time right now" by writing this and you by reading it? Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

all in a name

Post by twigsnapper »

This is in response (doubled) to a question and statement Victoria had. The thread of conversation led her to post on the Chapter 27 site but the answer I had actually belongs on this one. Everyone still with me?

Victoria in her wonderful display of intuition made the statement that she felt that Dr. Brown had probably told Josephine some of the facts surrounding his injury. Then she goes even further out on her mystical limb and bets that Josephine had her own "back channel" connections between herself and that hospital room in England.

And though I don't think that I bothered to mention it to Paul, since you brought it up Victoria, the nurses name was Evelyn. you win Victoria. twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Back to Chapter 41.

I guess there is not too much more I can add to that. Other than to say that I need to go back to Chapter 41 and reread it and I suggest for those of you who are interested in this little twist. I'll meet you there!
I especially found this old message from Mr. Twigsnapper fitting to bring up now

viewtopic.php?p=1936#1936

and I think I have mentioned this already, but this is Lindabs response to looking up "Evelyn"

viewtopic.php?p=1918#1918

Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

remember the ladies

Post by twigsnapper »

Since you have found her by yourselves!

Remember the urging to remember the ladies. Evelyn is one of those. Never got HALF of the credit, no, not even a THIRD of the credit that she deserved. Funny how that sometimes happens in what was at the time a real "mans" world. She did all the work and her boss got the credit. As the girl in Enigma said ......" They get to be agents, and I am a CLERK"

One of her bosses, by the way, was a very bright gentleman by the name of Peter Wright. As Paul knows by now, Peter Wright and Townsend Brown had quite a bit in common. And meetings in a rose garden. twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

rose garden meetings

Mr. Twigsnapper,

Thank you so much for confirming the leads about Evelyn. Of course now things are beginning to pull together from notes long ago on our end of this situation.

Some of the information on the "meeting in the rose garden" as you know reached us over a year or so ago. And it was frustrating for us. Paul maybe more than me, because he is always in need of such concrete material. Some things make no sense at all out of context. Now though Pauls storyline has reached a certain point and the puzzle seems to be lining up better.

I was able to go back and reread all of those messages last night. I just wanted you to know all of those (well, most of them) are beginning to make much more sense. FINALLY. Well, as much sense as this rabbit hole provides us! And I wanted to thank you for being so patient. There is hope?

And, I noticed that you confirmed Evelyns last name once we mentioned it. So if I should mention some names. Will I get any response?

Now I know what Paul feels like! Here is my list. I will understand if the only response is that familiar dead silence.

Am I on the right trail with members of "Services Electronics Lab" and a father and son team there?

Would they have been the "father and son sitting at the table" according to those earlier notes? And the short man with glasses who owned the estate? If he was once a Rifles Brigade officer .... am I looking at the right man? He there too?

My, if so and if I am on the right trail here, along with Evelyns able help, now there is a hand to draw from!

You said once to to someone here on the forum that if he was warm or terribly cold you would tell him. Does that work here? Is there any part of this that is accurate?

Remember it was presented as just a vision of the english countryside so I don't know how to really interpret it or how seriously to take it. Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

" to muddle through"

Post by twigsnapper »

Dr. Sarbacher had a term that he had picked up from the French. Perhaps you can double check me on this Raymond <g> but the word is "debroullier".

To us it translated ... "improvise. Get the job finished. Pick up the pieces, stay on schedule. just get through it." In fact the French had a train schedule that everyone knew meant exactly the same thing. I would have called it " Pear shaped" Paul would have been maybe a bit more colorful, the French simple said with a shrug that they were moving to " Schedule D" which meant to them .......... do what you have to do.

Dr. Brown picked up on that term after his injury. He started calling us " Section D" because he knew that we were always on that schedule, planned or not and it became something that we smiled about later. So Paul, if you should see a reference to " Department D" or maybe " section D" thats where the saying comes from. You might call it a private joke but there were quite a few people who considered themselves belonging to that department.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Looking forward to your comments as always twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

Antonym

Post by Trickfox »

Brouiller: (French) To mix like black and white mix into a fog.

ANTONYM FOR

Debrouiller: (French) To unmix, and also -To do it quid-pro-quo tactically or by any means.

Le tromprenard
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com