Chapter 56: All Flags Flying

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

!

Post by flowperson »

Thanks Kevin...been there...still doing that. Met some travelers from Yorkshire today...delightful people, but they had very thick accents. I mistook them for Scotts, but they were too nice to show any insult for my mistake.

Mood has a lot to do with reception I have found. Being manic or depressed is not what it takes to see and understand the messages as they pass. I would call the necessary attitude a mood of receptive enchantment.

The ancient Hebrews called this the "shekinah". The ancient priests would discipline themselves to be in the "female" or "receptive" attitudes so that when the "mishkan", the arrows of divine knowledge, arrived from the beyond, the information would find receptive hosts to acknowledge and interpret if for the common people.

cheers!

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Got A Few Minutes Here...

Post by Paul S. »

...amid my travels to see what all I've been missing... this, for example:
grinder wrote: And suddenly I am getting one of those hair standing up on your arms moments, of course suddenly thinking of sanskrit and the mysteries of the Vedic writings.

And I get th impression that the story that Paul is telling about the life of Townsend Brown is in fact JUST ONE THREAD in a centuries old pattern.

Thats been one of the themes around here. Pick this thread up, weave it carefully.
So, have we talked about the "Vimanas" at all, anywhere, in these forums? It's a subject Morgan introduced me to:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/Vimanas.htm

Look that stuff over and let me know what seems credible.

And remember what Oppenheimer said after witnessing "Trinity."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Vimanas

Post by Radomir »

Yes, Paul they have been mentioned before, see thread:

viewtopic.php?p=4331&highlight=vimana#4331

It is a topic that I tend to spend a great deal of thought over, though I've drawn no specific conclusions.

The anecdotal evidence does tend to point that such craft existed, that there were several varieties of them in fact. And that unfortunately they were mostly used for horrific warfare. Perhaps this may be one reason why the knowledge has been "lost" or supressed, and also if this knowledge or similar has been rediscovered, might give one rationale as to why we might be kept from knowing about it?

I'd still rather know about it...meanwhile one can only hope that if such knowledge has been revived and implemented, it is in the hands of folks who would be using it for more peaceful efforts.

[Maybe they weren't all used for horrific warfare, but daily travel doesn't make very good epic stories so they left that part out. No telling...]

R.
grinder
Senior Officer

initial response?

Post by grinder »

Paul,

My initial response is that its VERY credible. and Very FORGOTTEN.

And no amount of Readers Digest Short Version is going to do it justice. Studying all of this could (and probably should) take a lifetime. I find it more and more interesting that Dr. Browns friend Kitselman would be so interested in ancient sanskrit, that Hitler even was interested enough in these old stories to send expeditions off in the thirties. Indiana Jones indeed. Oppenhiemer Indeed.

And once people start taking all of this seriously (and respectfully), as they should have so many many years ago, then even more mysteries will be solved. But you can't learn anything worthwhile from a culture if you disregard the culture. And that of course is what has happened. Even translations can be fatally flawed out of the reach of understanding. And remember even some of the vedic translations into English, were of course handled by Englishmen. Now what do you think is going to happen? Sort of like asking a Buddist to rewrite the Bible. ( Not that I don't believe he would try to do a credible job, but you have to admit ... it would be DIFFERENT.)

And of course some of todays major religions simply will not consider that something outside their own belief system could possibly tell anything valuable if it contradicts what they have learned and intend to promote. Too much already INVESTED in what they already have. too much ... tradition.

I find it really interesting that Morgan would point all of this out to you

. Perhaps with his understanding of Russian he also had a different sensibility regarding history,( modern and ancient.) And I will wager that he is quite a historian himself.

All those who catch my drift here, raise your hands. He did say to Dr. Brown remember, that if he was allowed to "travel" he would do what he was allowed to do and enjoy the experience. I think thats what he said. I know that it seems like science fiction here and thats alright but I would like to believe that such a thing is actually possible and that Morgan has had the opportunity to go beyond our understanding of this flimsy mimzy membrane. grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

ancient Hebrew

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Flow,
Thank you so much for your last post. I consider it one of the most insightful posted so far ....... Beautiful really.

"The ancient priests would discipline themselves to be in the "female" or "receptive " attitudes so that when the "mishkan", the arrows of divine knowledge , arrived from beyond, the information would find receptive hosts to acknowledge and interpret it for the common people."

And suddenly I see partially what Mr. Twigsnapper has meant when he has stressed over and over ( and over) DON'T FORGET THE WOMEN..

And I also see that is what happened with Dr. Brown. He was given information and then spent the rest of his life trying to safely translate this information to others.

And I see too the power of various priesthoods honestly believing that THEY had to be the studied and respectful individuals to be given this information. That they alone could be the ones to "translate it " to the "common man."

But now things are changing rapidly. The word now I HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART is that we ALL have the ability, if we are serious and thoughtful enough, to recieve those " arrows of devine knowledge" ourselves .... that it is IN FACT OUR BIRTHRIGHT as human beings.

I just heard something on the TV this morning which stopped me in my tracks and I am sure it is SO OLD that many of you are going to roll your eyes at me but someone there on one of these " talking head" shows said that we all needed to learn HOW to actually be HUMAN BEINGS instead of HUMAN DOERS. I stopped in the middle of a swallow and thought . "You know thats absolutely right. We are all so darned busy DOING/ that we are not quiet enough to allow the simple BEING to enjoy the connections that it has had for all time and will always have. We are just so darned busy doing this, doing that ...... we miss it.

My two cents worth . Thanks Flow Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Elizabeth...Thanks for your kind acknowledgement. I was always taught by my most important mentors that "being" should always take priority in one's life. But of course you're right, it's awfully hard to "be" when the world forces and schedules us to "do" so much. "Being" takes a lot of commitment and dedication when we all are increasingly and actively manipulated to exist in "the short attention span theater" that is the western world.
Thanks again.

Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Biz Card

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:someone there on one of these " talking head" shows said that we all needed to learn HOW to actually be HUMAN BEINGS instead of HUMAN DOERS.

AfterI got canned by the company I'd sold my business to back in 2000 (just before they ran the whole enterprise off a cliff...), I was effectively "out of the workforce," so I made myself a business card that said simply,

Paul Schatzkin
Human Being, Not Doing

Was good for a few laughs of recognition... then I got that e-mail from Janoshek....

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

getting a couple of those chills

Getting a couple of those chills that grinder just mentioned.

Matched only by the feeling I just got listening to Stephen Hawking say outright that human beings don't have a future here on Earth and space travel is going to be a requirement to save us and I went WHAT .... like that caveman on the Geico commercial .... WHAT?

I totally respect the man and he is dead serious. He named all of the threats that he thinks that we are not going to be able to control and in the next ten years we are all supposed to be in dire straights. I just don't want to believe that we are going to be that stupid and that without hope.

And yet I walk out to my garden this morning and there isn't one honeybee to be found. ANYWHERE. last year you could hear the hum of them in the air .... busy doing their things ... their little quantum dances but they are ..... GONE. What did the poet say ... this is the way the world ends ...... not with a bang but a whimper?

I say, NO. No Bang either. We have a bigger responsibility here than we have ever known . And now is the time for each of us to see it. And Time is telling US. my 2 cents worth
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

different thoughts

Maybe we have aleady talked about this so if this is a rerun please forgive. It just seems suddenly an important observation.

Most students of anthropology and early civilizations will try to tell you that the first civilizations were in the Mesopotamian Crescent" ( yes .... where all the fighting is going on now)

Early civilization oddly and progressively moved westward. the old " go west young man" but during these times it was perhaps the Egyptians, the Phoenicians, the Greeks, then the Roman Empire and then the European powerhouses that extended their touch of civilization to the new world and imprinted their "civilized behavior" on the native Americans ( who oddly had gone in the opposite direction and developed strangely opposite values)

The march of technology continues and who out there is going to stand up and deny that China is most likely going to be the next major force in the world? Someone not reading the papers perhaps.

Now we go back thousands and thousands of years. IF the old legends of the Virmanas are true. If the legends of the great wars are TRUE ... if there were other civilizations that rose and destroyed themselves, and the circle we have watched going westward ... is in response to a starting over .... WHAT will happen when the circle is complete again AND WE STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED ANYTHING?

Seems to me that the hand on that clock is moving and we should be paying the attention to it that it deserves because I honestly believe that the answers will be made available to us if we can somehow show that we can be worthy of the kind of power it represents. Think of Flows "arrows of enlightenment" and what that could mean to all of us.

I think that Stephen Hawking is probably quite right .... the way we are doing things right now ... we will have to simply move on because we will have ruined what is here? I would hope thats not our destiny. I would hope that what Oppenhiemer saw and spoke of is NOT AND DOESN'T HAVE TO BE, our future. 2 cents Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Paul...really liked your business card.

This discussion regarding "being and not doing" is known in China as "wu-wei-wu" and is one of the core principles of the teachings revealed in the Tao Te Ching. It really is more accurately described therein as the principle of "doing-not-doing".

I highly recommend that anyone interested in further exploring these philosophies in greater detail obtain and read Stephen Mitchell's translation of this foundational work. It's almost more about physics than it is about being a human, and yet provides wonderful insights regarding our hidden human abilities.

Radomir
Senior Cadet

Hua Hu Ching

Post by Radomir »

Brother Flow:

You may also enjoy the Hua Hu Ching, presented as a companion volume to the Tao Te Ching, as translated by Brian Walker.

Three samples for your Friday evening:

Forty Nine

Thinking and talking about the Integral Way are not the same as practicing it.
Who ever became a good rider by talking about horses?
If you wish to embody the Tao, stop chattering and start practicing.
Relax your body and quiet your senses.
Return your mind to its original clarity.
Forget about being separated from others and from the Divine Source.

As you return to the Oneness, do not think of it or be in awe of it. This is just another way of separating from it.
Simply merge into truth, and allow it to surround you.

Thirty One

The Tao doesn't come and go.
It is always present everywhere, just like the sky.
If your mind is clouded, you won't see it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

All misery is created by the activity of the mind.
Can you let go of words and ideas, attitudes and expectations?
If so, then the Tao will loom into view.
Can you be still and look inside?
If so, then you will see that the truth is always available, always responsive.

Seventy Six

Who can save the world?

Perhaps one who devotedly follows these teachings,
who calms her mind,
who ignores all divergence, who develops a high
awareness of the subtle truths,
who merges her virtue with the universal virtue and
extends it to the world without expectation of reward.

She will indeed be the savior of the world.

R.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Radomir...

In light of our recent posts regarding the receptiveness of the female attitudes, don't you find it interesting that both Mitchell and Walker chose to voice the wisdom in their translations of primal Eastern philosophies in the female voice ? Especially so since females have been historically looked down upon as inferior in that part of the world. I certainly do.

But then any man worth his salt will always acknowledge that our counterparts are much wiser than our gender when it comes to sensing the truths of the spiritual world. In that regard I believe that TTB's Josephine was his spiritual protector...and he knew it. Thanks for sharing.

Bro flow.... :wink:
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

from the first

flow and Radomir,

Wonderful thoughts.

And I completely agree with you about Josephine. Further, I think that she KNEW what her role was going to be and how important it was going to be from the very first. We keep saying that Townsend Brown was the one who was getting "downloads " of technical information and I agree with that but Josephine I believe was also getting "downloads" of understanding vital for this whole undertaking.

Anyone wonder why she chose to become a nurse? but then never signed up anywhere as one? She however did spend her life keeping the quality of his at the highest level possible. She knew how to keep him well and she was there for him completely and unconditionally. Even to the flowers on his table, she was there.

I just happened to reread something that she has been quoted as saying. This was her response to her daughter when Linda asked something like ... Mom how do you know that you have found the love of your life?"

( Chapter 16 We Will Just Sail Away" https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... laway.html

“He didn’t have any one there to just listen to him, so that was my role from the first,â€
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

double entendres

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Mikado14 wrote:........of words, their meanings, applications etc.

Ever just sit back and let your mind wander where ever it wishes to go without any concentration, sort of like going with the current. I started to wander about words. Why is it that if washing the dishes is a chore we call the detergent Joy? Or, how in the world does the interaction of the moon and the sun on the oceans have anything to do with laundry soap? Does the air freshener Glade really smell like a glade? Or perhaps Mr. Twigsnapper can answer this, does the soap really smell like an Irish Spring?

Just the open ramblings and a little lite....oh yeah that reminds me, If a can of coors and coors lite weigh the same.....

Mikado
Mikado,
When I was growing up in Southern Cal, at about age 10 or so, I thought that Magic Mountain, was a place where there was an abundance of Magic, and that maybe the Mountain would disappear or something fun like that. Imagine my deep disappointment when I grew up enough to realize that it was just an amusement park. Not very amusing..... :)

I've never been there. I guess the disappointment just never left me. Besides, I'm not a big fan of big roller coasters!!!

Linda B.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
grinder
Senior Officer

simple comments

Post by grinder »

Paul,

I have a few questions about this Charles Miller character. You said in the " Closing Ashlawn" chapter that he was headed to San Francisco when they closed the house and the Browns drove off to Florida. Lets see, how does this work? Charles takes equipment to San Francisco , later Morgan is offered a " security agent" position with this "firm" that has offices in many major cities, and of course San Francisco is one of them. 1965-1966 Linda leaves her school and the family moves to Philadelphia. But in 1967 they are living in Santa Monica. So? Have they linked up with Charles again? What is he doing at this time? Its just that he was sort of an interesting character who obviously cared alot about the family. He was just dropped from the story so abruptly. I am assuming that he took Lindas cat with him. Did she get it back once she was on the coast?

You notice little things sometimes . Apparently the Browns had more security than just Charles around. Mention is made of the two German Shepherds finding homes before they left. So were they guard dogs for the estate? Sort of sounds like that. I mean. Look at that situation. The Browns have "Charles" living with them, German Shepherds for the grounds . I wonder if that was just standard stuff for a big house with grounds like that or was Dr. Brown concerned about security? He stayed there for two years which must have seemed strange for all of them but I wonder if it was also more dangerous somehow? Maybe that was the reason that he moved so much. It was difficult for anyone to get a handle on his whereabouts.
Can you say more about Charles? Was he working for the Caroline Group? Is that what Morgan is beginning to be? an international " security agent" for the Caroline Group? Do you know anything more at all about what happened to Charles? grinder