Chapter 55: Situation Normal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
grinder
Senior Officer

more questions

Post by grinder »

So I have a couple of off the wall questions.

Obviously Campaigne was going to be a hard nut regarding handing over any information to the English or even an English influenced team. From what I have been reading the Americans were pretty much saying they were going to share technology recovered but when it actually came down to it they pretty much grabbed the majority of it. So Campaigne when he put ORiley off the jeep was pretty much doing the same thing.

And I can understand the first cipher unit commander trying to make a deal for himself. That seemed to be what everybody was doing then, selling out information for the promise of good treatment when they surrendered. Hell , even the promise of " I won't hand you over to the Russians" would have been a pretty good deal.

Thing I don't understand is why was the second cipher unit commander trying to make any deals with Campaigne at all.? Regarding getting the first cipher unit " sprung" . Hell, they probably didn't even want to get " freed" they were safer where they were! But I guess its all a matter or perspective. Maybe the second commander had his own escape plan set up and just wanted to get everybody out instead of in somebodys custody. At that point in time though its pretty obvious that Hitler had lost out and it was time to go to plan B.

I have been trying to do my homework on these cipher units and as you said the "fish" units were used basically by the German High command, (Hitlers communications would have been handled by them.) So this is important stuff here. And I can see that might have been one of the reasons that the German Tank officer would have chosen that as a rendezvous. It was a communications hub. And I'll bet that though it looked abandoned it probably had a slew of snipers stationed around it for protection.

Which means to me that they were EXPECTING the American to walk to the front door the way that he did. They knew what was coming down probably right from their own communications. So not only was the tank commander a Caroline operative but there was someone at the other end of that " fish" encryption machine that had set the whole thing up.

And it took a kid from Arkansas to screw it all up. Isn't that the way things go!

How beautiful a plan it was, before it went Snafu. And you are right. Who got the "papers" that were getting ready to be handed over the table? grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

red orchestra contact

Post by Victoria Steele »

I need a notebook to keep track of the characters here!

I agree with you grinder. I think this whole thing was set up by someone on the other end of that fish machine. Somebody with some real horsepower. Someone who was on the inside making sure that Hitler was going to lose and that important scientist and information were going to get where they wee needed.

What do you call a member of the " Red Orchestra?" We need a code name for him. Suggestions?

And somehow Dr. Brown, I think, had been in communication with this person all along through their " Caroline radioman" or Mr. Twigsnapper wouldn't have gone to such pains to mention him and the fact that he had remained in the jeep!

So the initial meeting had been all set up. beforehand. Even with new people added to the mix Dr. Brown would have still been the head of that search party. He was the "Intelligence expert" and this would have been his deal and I'll bet he was totally in control.

Still. I think just walking up to that farmhouse and knocking would have taken some real guts. Even if the 2nd cipher team commander wasn't fully informed with what was going on he would know that this person knocking on his door was someone with some pretty important connections!

If Arkansas hadn't lost it how easy and clean it would have been!

Dr. Brown would have walked out of there with those plans! The entire crew would have surrendered without a shot. The scientist in disguise would have been treated well until "sprung " at a later date and taken wherever he was destined to go! The tank commander would have been allowed to leave and go back to his men, (because I believe that was a pre set arrangement.) It would have been a big plumb for Campaignes and the fish machines SHOULD HAVE been shared with the English. ( but I doubt that they actually were. Bamford would know more about them)

It pretty much would have been a win /win situation for everybody. ( Except perhaps for Hitler in his bunker raging ..... why isn't anyone listening to me! <g>)

You are right grinder. It was a beautiful plan, a genius plan and I'll just bet that I know who the mastermind of it was. In his quiet waytrying to find his decoder ring way I think that Dr. Brown was in control. Until that kid lost it. Situation normal is a perfect name for this chapter. Victoria
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

excellent observations

Post by twigsnapper »

Some excellent observations out there. What happened after this experience? I turned to my partner who had come in to assist at the last moment and basically we stood in the mud together and said. " OK, whats next?"

Dr. Brown spent an agonizing summer in England, or part of it. I lost immediate contact with him then for several years. He was in very good hands but as Paul may have noted , the Army hospital was classified at the time and I am still not at liberty to say very much about it.

Josephine was not informed of ANYTHING until I believe late June 45, when she was told that he had been indeed injured. I am not sure anyone even told her where he was at the time. Paul knows fairly well what her next steps were, but true to the course , it involved packing a little green teapot away from her home mantle there in the Hollywood Hills.

There are going to be very many unanswered questions but that does not mean that they have to remain that way. Like super cooled water at the base of an ancient glacier dam, information will find its way into the little cracks and crevices.... further and further. And then, going against everything that is known and accepted (that supercooled water under that sort of pressure will create heat as it moves through.) And that heat will cause those small cracks to turn into channels. Finally the entire dam will give way. Thats what you are looking at here my fine friends. And all that stored information will rush off creating an entire new landscape for the future.

Its not easy being super cooled and under pressure! But you will all find that it has its own special purpose and mission. Perhaps you will discover, recognize and finally understand the process in your own personal lives.

Thank you all for your interest and thank you for helping Paul the way that you have......... and will in the future?.

twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

"The time has come",
The Parrot said,
" To sqwawk of many things:
Of tea and birds and Cheshire cats,
Of Queens that bully Kings,
And how the Alice ride was changed,
And blowing smoke rings."

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

That "Finger" business

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Another question. What would have happened if the American Commander Campaigne had known already that Brown was missing a finger? Wouldn't it be sort of a signal that something screwy was going on? Or maybe I am looking for Zebras when the horse of it would say that he would never have known and just would have assumed it was Townsend Browns finger.
One note of speculation we've come up with is that, given it was still pretty chilly in this part of the world at that time of year, Brown might have been wearing gloves.

But even if Campaigne had known that Brown was missing one finger, he still had 9 others. So he would have had no way of knowing that the delivered digit was not from the other hand. The rest of the ruse was for the benefit of the Arkansas Kid.

Then again, it might have been the tank commander's way of "giving Campaigne the finger..." :wink:

So, damn! what happens NOW?
I get started on another chapter... and well find out together...

-PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: have I got this straight?

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote:This side of the story has come to you from a combination of what Morgan has told you over the past couple of years and apparently what Mr.ORiley ...has divulged rather recently? Am I right?
Uh-huh.
Would it have been too fantastic maybe for you to believe if he laid it all out there? Or I wonder if there were other reasons?
Well, that's the question, isn't it? I actually think I can handle a lot more "fantastic" than some give me credit for. I also have the ability (I think) to recognize when something is "fantastic" and store it in a place where I neither swallow it whole nor let my head explode.

I really can't speculate as to Morgan's motivations, nor the choices he makes in "metering" things out to me. I just hope I've finally learned to accept whatever comes my way without whining that it's not more complete.
This thing about “Carolineâ€
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: red orchestra contact

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: I need a notebook to keep track of the characters here!
Hell, I need a notebook to keep track of all the questions y'all are raising!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

"AFU"

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:And somehow Dr. Brown, I think, had been in communication with this person all along through their " Caroline radioman" or Mr. Twigsnapper wouldn't have gone to such pains to mention him and the fact that he had remained in the jeep!
That is an astute observation, fer-sher. I was a bit reticent about who I indentified as "Caroline" in this chapter, and that made need some refining in the next run-through. But I see now that at least the basic point was made, that this was a Caroline op on both sides. Sometimes you just don't know who the players are, and I rather doubt even having a program would help.
Situation normal is a perfect name for this chapter.
I appreciate that, thanks. Although as one person pointed out, that does presume the reader knows what comes after "SN..."

If they don't, they really need to read a book...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
You wrote this and posted it?
"It is up to us humans to apply"
I know what that leads me to consider.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Little old me, can do remote viewing, I am part hobbit?
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/5.htm
http://www.rense.com/general63/rv.htm
I trust the monks, I dont trust your president.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
grinder
Senior Officer

not the only one kevin

Post by grinder »

You are not the only one, kevin.

But to this project.

Paul. I have read this part over and over and I still don't understand this part. Can you say a little bit more? This makes no sense to me and most everything else has so I am really puzzled!

"According to O’Riley, when the second squad reached the farmhouse, “all hell broke looseâ€
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Little old me, can do remote viewing, I am part hobbit?
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/5.htm
http://www.rense.com/general63/rv.htm
I trust the monks, I dont trust your president.
Kevin
You don't have to.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Film at 11

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Now, I get the part about him being sent to England but what do you mean " one of the Germans managed to convey that Dr. Brown was an important member of their own intelligence team? "
I feel like the anchor man, holding his hand to his earpiece while a voice squawks in... "OK, I'm getting these details now... according to our sources in the field..."

In other words... good question, and I'm just now starting to find out there's more to the story than what I've been able to share so far.

So, film at 11... or 12, or whenever the crew arrives with the cans...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: Film at 11

Post by Radomir »

Paul S. wrote: I feel like the anchor man, holding his hand to his earpiece while a voice squawks in... "OK, I'm getting these details now... according to our sources in the field..."

In other words... good question, and I'm just now starting to find out there's more to the story than what I've been able to share so far.

So, film at 11... or 12, or whenever the crew arrives with the cans...

--PS
Paul: We see and sense you -- our anchorman -- valiently trying to live your Thurber quote, and want you to know that we appreciate both the humor and the seriousness of your situation. Good on ya for doing what you can with what ya got, when ya got it. We thank you...

R.

P.S. Y'all don't mind my speaking for everyone, do ya?
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Film at 11

Post by Paul S. »

Radomir wrote:P.S. Y'all don't mind my speaking for everyone, do ya?
On behalf of everyone... I certainly don't!

Thanks, :lol:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"