Bahnson Lab Footage on YouTube

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Bahnson Lab Footage on YouTube

Post by Paul S. »

I have found an edited version of the 8 (or 16) mm silent film that was shot of Brown's experiments at Agnew Bahnson, Jr.'s lab in North Carolina during 1957 and 58 at YouTube. I had been trying to edit this footage myself for some time, but now I see that a Lifter experimenter who goes by the handle "only1egg" has already done that for me. You can see the footage here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4hygoD3RU

...along with other footage from only1egg's lifter experiments.

Actually, there is a surprising amount of Lifter and Brown-related stuff on YouTube.

Also, I may try in the near future to modify the code for the forums so that we can drop YouTube clips directly into forum posts (like I can do on the front page of the website), but if I do then you all have to promise not to litter the site with unrelated music videos and diet-coke-with-mentos clips...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

thanks for changing

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Paul,

Are the dates that you quote (1958-59 what were already quoted for this particular piece? (thanks Paul for making the correction, I thought I had lost it somehow.) I just seems strange to me ... the 1958 may be the part with Townsend Brown included was involving others but not him? My understanding is that Dr. Brown left North Carolina early October of 1958.

the proper dates were indeed 57-58. Thanks for making the correction

You know me and YouTube, so I am flying blind here. Thanks for any comments knowing where my time frame mentality is . (yes, I have been told already how strange that is, to try to maintain any kind of a "timeline" in Dr. Browns life! But a person has to start somewhere!)

And yes I probably do need a new computer but you know what? I am a happy camper with what I have. Too much technology is sometimes a problem too! Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: confused on dates?

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Are the dates that you quote (1958-59 what were already quoted for this particular piece? I just seems strange to me ... the 1958 may be the part with Townsend Brown included .......... and then possibly the 59 section was involving others but not him? My understanding is that Dr. Brown left North Carolina early October of 1958.
The dates are hard to read in the earliest part of the original video, but Elizabeth is right, the first entries, made by circling a calendar, appear to be August, 1957. Brown is still seen in the footage as late as April, 1958, and there is additional footage from 1959.

I have corrected the dates in my original post to "1957 - 58"

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

At minute 2:10, a good shot of his hand is present. We have discussed the timing of his accident in other areas of the forums.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

flying blind question

OK Andrew, still flying blind here. What comment are you actually making regarding the hand marking the calendar? If it is Dr. Brown then it will be quite noticeable that his finger is missing. If the finger is there, its most likely the man who served as his assistant ( and Agnew Bahnsons brother in law I believe J. Frank King"

Do any of you have an old copy of the video " The Cosmic Conspiracy" by Stan Deyo? My copy is kicking around here somewhere but in the middle of it there is really a good section about the Germans in WWII and then an excellent interview with J Frank King regarding the work at Bahnsons and how " Brown was just the man we needed" or words to that effect.

I can't stand the music that they used but its an interesting video and worth watching now that we seem all to be approaching things with different eyes. For those who have never seen it, its worth digging up. Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

so who did the you tube film?

Post by Trickfox »

Who is 1 egg productions?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

A couple of things from the youtube clip,

1, what is happening at aprox 3.33 ( you can use the slide at the bottom of the picture to play the same few frames)
He holds a bottle of champagne on the machine outside the vacuum chamber, and the contents appear to be held static?

2, Does anyone lip read, there are a few moments when a lip reader could tell what was been discussed.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

"Daddys Lab"

Regarding the video of the Bahnson Lab. Please correct me here folks if I am wrong. But wasn't this drawn originally from a home movie that Agnew Bahnsons daughter filmed? If it is, is it the only record of experiments made or allowed to come to the surface during that time frame and in that location? Anybody find that strange?

If this is so, I find it odd that Agnew Bahnson seems to have done what Townsend Brown did also. (Turned to his daughter to assure that "record" of these activities were somehow saved for the future.)

Am I right about these images coming originally from Miss Bahnsons " Daddys Lab" film? Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Iliked these two sites,

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/ttbahb.htm
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/bbsv2/index.htm

they may be old hat to some on here I dont know, I just picked them out of the aether.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

he looks happy

The one thing that has always struck Paul and me and others who have watched this film was how happy Dr. Brown seemed. ( and Agnew Bahnson too, pointing to the calendar. Both were certainly doing what they loved and seeing progress, or at least their countenances suggest that.)

Still hard for me to think of this man ( Dr. Brown) jumping out of a Halifax Bomber into the dark at 600 feet over occupied Germany in 1945 but he probably did that too with the same joy he displays here. Remember that bomber incident was only a scant 12 or 13 years before Miss Bahnson made this movie.

I am still assuming that her movie was the basis for all of these images. Any corrections out there? The Bahnson family? Perhaps you could answer so I won't mislead anyone? Just quoting my understanding here. Elizabeth
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

I'd be really interested to see the original, unedited. Of course, online, that's a difficult prospect. I first watched it without sound, since I had no speakers here, and watched for details of their setup, what the apparatus was actually doing, etc. It was somewhat instructive. Then when I watched it with sound, it occurred to me why there were so many details glossed over. With a catchy soundtrack, it's more like a trailer that's supposed to get your attention rather than convey useful information.

That isn't to say it doesn't have useful information in it. I'd just like to have an unedited (or more carefully edited) version, if it's possible.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Post by ETernalightwithin »

Gewis wrote:I'd be really interested to see the original, unedited. Of course, online, that's a difficult prospect. I first watched it without sound, since I had no speakers here, and watched for details of their setup, what the apparatus was actually doing, etc. It was somewhat instructive. Then when I watched it with sound, it occurred to me why there were so many details glossed over. With a catchy soundtrack, it's more like a trailer that's supposed to get your attention rather than convey useful information.

That isn't to say it doesn't have useful information in it. I'd just like to have an unedited (or more carefully edited) version, if it's possible.
Perhaps someone on this forum, that has the film, can make a high res encode and put in on youtube? Maybe even chop it into two segments if needed?
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

did it?

Did the original have a sound track actually? I don't remember it, if so. So the YouTube version has a sound track?

edit edit .... Paul does say that the film was a silent film. So what did they do then for YouTube, add some music, or what? Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: did it?

Post by Radomir »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Did the original have a sound track actually? I don't remember it, if so. So the YouTube version has a sound track?

edit edit .... Paul does say that the film was a silent film. So what did they do then for YouTube, add some music, or what? Elizabeth
Yes, they added a Techno/Ambient type musical score--with drum machine and synth-flute sounds and the odd guitar riff. Not too distasteful. It could have been a lot worse. Still, I prefer watching it without the sound on.

Their main point, since you can't see it, is: so people say the electrogravitic effect is just ionic wind, yet here we see them experimenting with a vacuum chamber, and then celebrating with champagne. Ergo, the experiments must have been successful.

There is nothing in the footage that I can see proves anything, much as I wanted to see something in that chamber move on it's own.

Cute how he drinks out of a beaker, great smile.<g>

R.
Rocky
Space Cadet

Post by Rocky »

Radomir,

Those were my exact observations! Great minds think alike! I wish the video had focused on the tests for longer lengths of time so you could observe the results better.

Rocky