Chapter 45: We lost Morgan

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Chapter 45: We lost Morgan

Post by ETernalightwithin »

I'm surprised someone hasn't asked this yet...

Why did "Morgan" see fit to fake his death? Was he really in a motorcycle accident? Did his friend Juan know the truth?

And the really weird thing... what happened to Linda's intuition?
You know that part of you that has been known to give insight into not getting on dooms flights, or of accidents/deaths miles away and you like "just know".

So, what is God's name happened to fool Linda's 6th sense in "knowing" Morgan was dead, when he wasn't. I didn't that was possible...

That disturbs me on a multitude of levels...

ETlight

P.S. I'm not sure on the timing but it seems like Paul is saying, "Morgan died" in 1987 two years after Dr. Brown did, and then in 2005, 18 years later, just popped up at Linda's place.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

been thinking about this myself

Post by Radomir »

I've been thinking about this myself for the past several weeks, for similar reasons.

I kept circling around the events, thinking of possibilities, none of which pulled it all together for me. So I was letting it percolate. Not until reading your post did I realize how to potentially square up that aspect about Linda's intuition. So thanks for bringing this up.

Possibility #1 Morgan or someone allied to him faked his death in order for other needful things to become possible. It was a matter of expedience, and necessary even though he knew it would bring heartache to those who cared for him. Linda's intuition in this case was a resonance to her own very near term grief, specifically about Morgan. So while he didn't die, her intuition was still correct about incipient extraordinary grief about a specific person.

Possibility #2 (deep in the Rabbit hole). Time travel is possible. Morgan has done it at least once, because while he is alive now, he actually died in a motorcycle wreck in 1987. That is still ahead in his own timeline. (Would that be creepy or what?) In this case her intuition would have been tragically on target, but she may later have felt a sense of relief and wellness once Morgan's timeline was again contemporaneous with hers. This would imply he still at some point in the future would have to travel back in time, and meet that truck on that curve or however it ended.

Possibility #3 (deep, deep in the Rabbit hole--Hi Neva) Not just time travel, but dimensional travel is possible. We lost one of our Morgans to the motorcycle accident. However, we have at least another Morgan from a close parallel universe with us at this point. Because the Caroline Group isn't just an internationalist, but an interdimensionalist organization.

Comes from reading too much Harry Harrison at an impressionable age. Please forgive me...perhaps we'll be enlightened as to your good questions later in the narrative. We can only hope--you can see what flights of fancy can occur in the absence of facts.

Best,
R.
grinder
Senior Officer

On the other side of a curtain

Post by grinder »

Its hard to know what might have been going on in Morgans life which might have made it necessary for him to " drop out of Lindas life"

Who would know? Dr. Brown did not want Linda involved in the things that Morgan was involved in (and perhaps getting more involved in.)

I don't know .... maybe I would have faked my own death too so that I wouldn't worry about things flipping back . Those in that part of my life would simply bury me in their minds and go on and maybe thats easier to do.

I actually think that Linda didn't buy it though. Note what she wrote in her journal. Sometimes the truth is right there! She didn't believe it. But I think that she knew that the overall situation would mean the same thing.He would be on one side of a very dark curtain and he would be on the other. Maybe thats what she was picking up intuitively. His own feelings maybe?

He might as well be dead. See what I mean? The grief for her and for him missing her would be the same . And the decision for him? Can't have been easy.

He must have been getting into some pretty dangerous shit. grinder
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: On the other side of a curtain

Well seeing that it's 1987 wouldn't he be like "I'm getting to old for this sort of shit".
grinder wrote:Its hard to know what might have been going on in Morgans life which might have made it necessary for him to " drop out of Lindas life"

Who would know? Dr. Brown did not want Linda involved in the things that Morgan was involved in (and perhaps getting more involved in.)

I don't know .... maybe I would have faked my own death too so that I wouldn't worry about things flipping back . Those in that part of my life would simply bury me in their minds and go on and maybe thats easier to do.

I actually think that Linda didn't buy it though. Note what she wrote in her journal. Sometimes the truth is right there! She didn't believe it. But I think that she knew that the overall situation would mean the same thing.He would be on one side of a very dark curtain and he would be on the other. Maybe thats what she was picking up intuitively. His own feelings maybe?

He might as well be dead. See what I mean? The grief for her and for him missing her would be the same . And the decision for him? Can't have been easy.

He must have been getting into some pretty dangerous shit. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: On the other side of a curtain

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote: He might as well be dead. See what I mean? The grief for her and for him missing her would be the same . And the decision for him? Can't have been easy.
Awww Grinder, you know I just love the way you can say so much before this sentence but the sentence says it all.

Grief is grief. What is worse? knowing someone is alive and you can't see them or that they are dead and you can't?

Even though my Father is alive, his mind isn't, I grieve everday, I don't have my friend anymore but I can see him. Think about it.

Grief....

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: been thinking about this myself

Post by Mikado14 »

Radomir wrote:I've been thinking about this myself for the past several weeks, for similar reasons.

Possibility #1 ......

Possibility #2 (deep in the Rabbit hole). Time travel is possible. Morgan has done it at least once, because while he is alive now, he actually died in a motorcycle wreck in 1987. That is still ahead in his own timeline. (Would that be creepy or what?) In this case her intuition would have been tragically on target, but she may later have felt a sense of relief and wellness once Morgan's timeline was again contemporaneous with hers. This would imply he still at some point in the future would have to travel back in time, and meet that truck on that curve or however it ended.
Time Travel....hmmmmm......How about Time viewing? Dimensional viewing....that might be the same thing.
Radomir wrote: Possibility #3 (deep, deep in the Rabbit hole--Hi Neva) Not just time travel, but dimensional travel is possible. We lost one of our Morgans to the motorcycle accident. However, we have at least another Morgan from a close parallel universe with us at this point. Because the Caroline Group isn't just an internationalist, but an interdimensionalist organization.
Now that you said it and someone mentioned it today to me in an EMail....

It's about time somebody said this! But I believe there is a metaphysical compenent as well.
Radomir wrote: Comes from reading too much Harry Harrison at an impressionable age. Please forgive me...perhaps we'll be enlightened as to your good questions later in the narrative. We can only hope--you can see what flights of fancy can occur in the absence of facts.
Harry Harrison, how about Kornbluth and Pohl? or Larry Niven? Everything starts with a dream....everything.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

too old?

Post by grinder »

To the contrary ETW, Morgan would not have been " getting too old for this shit" in 1987 ...... Assuming that he was twenty or so in 1967 .... he would have been 47 in 1987 and in most careers thats prime time. Perhaps he had finally "worked his way up the ladder".

And maybe the fact that it was almost another twenty years later before he came back into Lindas life. Perhaps he had accomplished what he needed to accomplish behind that curtain. Perhaps for him now was the time and maybe by now he was getting " too old for this shit", Maybe he intended to do this all along. He just couldn't tell herbeforehand. Huh .... interesting.

I am glad he was able to come back. grinder
Trickfox
The Magician

So where are we?

Post by Trickfox »

OK, here is a question?

What do we call this "indecisiveness time" here..... Is this "the foggy area" between Morgan being "still alive", AND "already dead in 1987".
Call it "seperate time lines living in parallel". Perhaps both exist just like Schrödinger's cat!!!!

If this is so..... he must still be alive also, -(depending upon your subjective point of view). The logic is that Morgan has the potential to still be alive, thus having aged to march 2007 at the very least.(since we are talking about it right now)

Think about it.... If he REALLY died in 1987 what are the chances that we would be speaking about a person maturing to a healthy stable individual who comes back into Linda's life again in 2007 and submits input for a life of intrigue in the Caroline Group.

It also means that Morgan lives in some sort of futureworld, where he is even older than us,- however travel BACK IN TIME is finally possible for a minor group who are trying NOT to change their own future.

Remember "the minority" must do the actual time travel otherwise paranormal events would be "normal" and part of the majority of observed real phenomena.

This also puts Morgan's issue in the MINORITY of observed phenomena that we call "paranormal" and that some are quick to point out that it becomes an issue of faith between the "US" and "THEM" identities.

"We" the secular society say that Morgan is dead, because "secular" means that the "US" includes the majority of society in General. The same majority which still believes that sentient life exist exclusively on Earth and nowhere else in the universe.

This idea is changing rapidly and has been changing steadilly for the past twenty years. Most any young person is ready to believe in extraterrestrial intelligence and sentience in other domains, dimensions, and/or Quantum states.

The challenge is to decide to deal with such dark issues as discontinuity of self awareness, the turning-off of sensory input. Psycho-social values, morals and ethics, and "non-total memory recall".

Then comes the big two: Philosophy/Religion

If you take the time to read the whole of this book and the 5000+ posts it will change your point of view on the reality of your subjective world.......Of that I'm sure.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: too old?

grinder wrote:To the contrary ETW, Morgan would not have been " getting too old for this shit" in 1987 ...... Assuming that he was twenty or so in 1967 .... he would have been 47 in 1987 and in most careers thats prime time. Perhaps he had finally "worked his way up the ladder".

And maybe the fact that it was almost another twenty years later before he came back into Lindas life. Perhaps he had accomplished what he needed to accomplish behind that curtain. Perhaps for him now was the time and maybe by now he was getting " too old for this shit", Maybe he intended to do this all along. He just couldn't tell herbeforehand. Huh .... interesting.

I am glad he was able to come back. grinder
That's what I was referring to. 1987 +20 years. I mean perfect time to come back. as if he was 20 in 67 and 40 in 87, then 60 now. Getting up there to be running with the boys. Better to go back to your heart.
Trickfox
The Magician

or 80 years old

Post by Trickfox »

I'm saying that: -Maybe Morgan is 80 years old and travelling back through time from the year 2027!!!
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: or 80 years old

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:I'm saying that: -Maybe Morgan is 80 years old and travelling back through time from the year 2027!!!
Trickfox
And he may be posing as Mr. Twigsnapper?

Mikado
Trickfox
The Magician

Ouch

Post by Trickfox »

Yeaaaa......That's it!!!!

Morgan IS Mr. Twigsnapper..... That's a good one!!!

On second thought, How could Morgan have endured his rolled-up newspaper beating from Mr. O'Riley if the two of them are the same people?

Are you sure Mikado?

Trickfox
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Ouch

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:Yeaaaa......That's it!!!!

Morgan IS Mr. Twigsnapper..... That's a good one!!!

On second thought, How could Morgan have endured his rolled-up newspaper beating from Mr. O'Riley if the two of them are the same people?

Are you sure Mikado?

Trickfox
I believe that is called "self - effacement" or is that "self - mutilation"?

But then, Morgan's presence is here....from time to time. He just doesn't log in anymore.

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

boys, boys

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado and Trickfox,

You boys have been snowed in too long and have missed one too many fishing trips! <g> Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

Morgan?

Post by grinder »

Mikado,

When you said that you felt Morgans presence here on the forum I wondered if you meant .... logging in as one of us? .... or maybe just the feeling that he was somehow auditing the class sort of. And if you hav a suspicion that it might be one of us? Which one would you think? I have had the same thoughts myself and the thing that I found funny is that for awhile I thought that YOU were Morgan. I have a feeling that you and he might share some characteristics. I mean, you seemed to know so much about " Ashlawn". It was just sort of ... uncanny. But now I undersatnd a little more about you ... I guess not, huh? grinder