Chapter 45: We lost Morgan

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Paul...at the risk of being identified as a "ditto-head" I want you to just ask me if you believe that I can offer an insight or two on your quest...DITTO ! Not keeping a notebook either .

flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

me too

Post by Victoria Steele »

Me too! Of course you probably coulda figured that. the line continues on the other side of the pushy redhead. Victoria (THURSDAY PAUL?)
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Documents????

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:You need documents? <g>
Now now Mr. Twigsnapper, your supposed to NOT swallow the wine when tasting <g> . Actually, maybe someday we will share a goblet in Eureka, if you decide to come out of the shadows. In re the document thingy, I actually meant that Ron Moyer may just know a few things that are relevant that he really doesn't realize. i.e. : a docket number, names, places ... those kinds of things. I guess you could compare it to asking witnesses about the UFO they saw...on second thought, perhaps a bad idea but you get the point I am sure. How about this, I would be searching for horses of a certain bloodline and would know them when I saw them.
twigsnapper wrote: I don't want your Knight right now. I release you Sir!
More important to be still on the Board ( as Mr. Radomir says)

Ok, we will call it "J'adoube".

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the best kind

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

The best information source is someone who doesn't know he knows something. Mr. Moyers would certainly fit into that category.

A second Vanilla Conference? Perhaps. Bound to be good company.

Have you noticed how quiet Paul has been. type type, tap tap tap. Nose to the grindstone. I am impressed.

At my age, I distract easily. twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

waiting for the turn

Post by twigsnapper »

As Paul will come to realize. Sometimes when you happen to have information, (like the move you spoke of Mikado.) You have to wait for your turn before you can make that adjustment. The waiting is hard on everyone. Perhaps especially hard when you are a bit older and each day seems even more precious.

I need to know that you have read the latest Paul. Perhaps entitled "Army rescue" . If not, perhaps I self edited it. twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Well, Yeah...

Post by Paul S. »

...tomorrow will be Thursday. Sandwiched right between Wednesday and Friday, just like every week...
Victoria Steele wrote:Me too! Of course you probably coulda figured that. the line continues on the other side of the pushy redhead. Victoria (THURSDAY PAUL?)
Thanks to everybody for the offers here. I already get an enormous amount of help from all the daily posts. They give me much to think about and fresh angles to consider every day.

I understand what Twigsnapper is suggesting but, at the moment, I'm not sure what questions to ask. A couple of you are already working on your own "assignments" and the results of those inquiries I'm sure will help me unravel untold riddles.

As for Thursday... sorry dear, not THIS Thursday. What I'm working on now... very rich, detailed, and pivotal. I COULD drop a segment or two into a chapterette, but I think it's important for me to follow through the whole big piece and see how it fits together before it goes into the world. And that will certainly take another week, if not two.

I assure you, it will be well worth the wait.

But, then, isn't that always the case??? :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: waiting for the turn

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:I need to know that you have read the latest Paul. Perhaps entitled "Army rescue"
I replied privately to "Thank you...one more."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: waiting for the turn

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:As Paul will come to realize. Sometimes when you happen to have information, (like the move you spoke of Mikado.) You have to wait for your turn before you can make that adjustment. The waiting is hard on everyone. Perhaps especially hard when you are a bit older and each day seems even more precious.
My dear Mr. Twigsnapper, I know how precious those days are and you know why.

(As I am grinning) Let's make the best of it and you can just answer the 300 questions I have. Think of the time (no pun intended) that we can save? Then we will have time for that game of chess and drink that goblet of wine as we look upon a lake........<g>

Mikado...I just couldn't resist...and now, back to work.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Me First

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:Let's make the best of it and you can just answer the 300 questions I have.
Line forms behind me, bub.

(also grinning)

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Well,

Post by twigsnapper »

At LEAST I won't be a wallflower at THIS dance! twigsnapper
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

The LUCY Ring & The Red Orchestra

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Twigsnapper wrote: Others of you out there. I challenge you to learn a little obscure history! I myself do not know what has been written about the Lucy ring. If nothing I will be sorely disappointed but I think now that brave men with a wish for peace have probably been mentioned a time or two. Have a good sport with this information. twigsnapper
You, sir, needn't be disappointed. There are actually several books and references available regarding what you have mentioned. One of them is a book by Anthony Read and David Fisher 1981, called Operation LUCY
and another book called
The Red Orchestra (Gebundene Ausgabe) by von V. E. Tarrant
with some names that may be helpful for Paul, I hope. If you want to buy it on amazon.com, you may need a translator - I think some of it may be in German. Maybe I'm wrong. <g> I may buy it too. Sounds interesting.

From Kirkus Reviews (re: The Red Orchestra)
Perhaps the fullest account yet to have appeared of the extraordinary network of Soviet spies in the Second World War known as Die Rote Kapelle--the Red Orchestra. Tarrant, a military advisor and naval historian, clarifies a good deal of the confusion that has existed about the three sectors in which the Orchestra operated: the network in France, Belgium, and Holland; the Berlin network; and the most remarkable of all, the group that operated out of Switzerland, the so-called Lucy Ring, whose sources included Lieut. General Fritz Theile, second- in-command of the German High Command's communications branch, and Baron Colonel Rudolf von Gersdorff, who was eventually to become Chief of Intelligence in one of the army groups on the Eastern front. The first two networks reported extraordinarily sensitive information from key areas of the German bureaucracy, but nothing compared to the work of the Lucy Ring, which gave Stalin the very date of the German attack on Russia, its objectives, and its strength. For reasons that still puzzle historians, Stalin refused to believe this information, but the Russians did not make this mistake a second time. The information that came from the headquarters of the German High Command enabled the Russians to surround the German Sixth Army at Stalingrad and to predict precisely the direction and strength of the German attack in the great tank battle of Kursk. Lucy's sources, writes Tarrant, ``were to cost the Germans the war on the Eastern Front.'' Most of the German officers were executed for their involvement in the 1944 Bomb Plot against Hitler, and the Swiss closed down the Lucy Ring, but by that time the fate of the Nazis was sealed. Using mostly secondary sources, but economically and vividly, Tarrant traces the rise and achievements of one of the most successful spy rings in history and the grim fate (imprisonment, torture, and execution) of some of its operatives. -- Copyright ©1996, Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved.

And back to Twigsnapper.

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Die Rote Kapelle - The Red Orchestra (Or Red Chapel)

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

by Stefan Roloff, Foreign Film, 2005
English Synopsis
http://mysite.verizon.net/when6is9/synopsis.html

See if you can get your hands on it, Paul. May help
~~
Harro and Libertas Schulze-Boysen, there's a good set of names for your book, for this topic. She was a press officer for MGM. He was high in military command and became part of Rote Kapelle after being introduced to a Soviet Secret Service fellow via his wife. Handsome couple.
Unfortunately, they were found out and sentenced to death in 1942.

Goodnight folks.

LBL
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

fingerprint of the Caroline Group perhaps

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Lindab .... WONDERFUL INFORMATION! Thankyou so much!

Paul, do you think this information that LindaB found regarding the " Red Orchestra" could actually have the fingerprints of what you call the "Caroline Group" on it? Note this statement:

The Red Orchestra was a resistance group that fought against the Third Reich within Germany from 1933 to 1942. The Gestapo labeled them as Communists and traitors for their efforts to put an end to Hitler, a theory that was upheld by Allied Secret Services until recently. Historians now officially recognize their work as that of one of the largest and most efficient Nazi resistance groups.
The resistance fighters held a variety of political and religious beliefs. Forty percent of the members were women. Stopping the Third Reich was the common goal. Using a pioneering animation technique, this film tells their story. It also shows how easily information planted by secret service agents can become part of official history writing

Seems like the Nazis didn't know who they were, the CIA didn't know who they were ...... so .... could it be ? Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

and I thought

Post by Mark Culpepper »

And I thought that I knew the history of World War ll.

And strangely I am reminded of a character in the movie we all discussed a while back (months and months ago actually) It was a fairly good film called " Enigma" and as I remember this whole forum jumped on a discussion of the Enigma program and Bletchley Park and surrounding subjects like chickens on june bugs! And it brought out all kinds of interesting discussions. One being, remember ?..... who was Claire REALLY and who did she represent? and one of the lines of the movie seems even stranger now than it seemed then. One character talking about this woman said to the other ...." As long as she is out there .... somewhere .... she will always be a sword over your head." And I am thinking now, whoever wrote that line may have even known about such a thing as what Paul calls the Caroline Group. and what he was talking about ..... he might as well have called that entity " Caroline".

Maybe thats just an early morning can't sleep flight of fancy but there you are. This entire book Paul is just EXPLODING with interesting and wildly fascinating historical facts. How do you even begin to keep up?

And Mr. Twigsnapper sir. Thankyou for uncovering my familys lost history. I see that you are busy now making sure other things come to see the light of day. Its a rainbow that has been dark far too long. Mark C.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

perhaps

Post by twigsnapper »

part of growing up is finding out who you actually are. Where you have come from in the past. What road you happen to be on now and your capabilities to choose your path in the future. Thats really what its all about. Being able to recognize yourself so that suggestions from outside can be weighed carefully and acted upon wisely. Gone I think are the days when we can take intructions without the responsibility of our own self will. Its very soon going to be a new age. But looking back and honoring those who have made up our past? Thats important. twigsnapper