Chapter 52: Foo-Fighters -- Myths & Legends

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 52: Foo-Fighters -- Myths & Legends

Post by Paul S. »

Don't get too excited seeing the title there.

It's coming along nicely but is not quite ready for prime time. Possibly tomorrow afternoon, otherwise early next week.

Can't rush these things, ya know... just gotta stay in the chair and watch 'em unfold...

--PS

UPDATE 070216: Chapter 52 is now online:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... hters.html
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Oh Boy!!!!!

Post by Victoria Steele »

See, I was right! Foo fighters!!!!!! This is great.

I have been seeing connections with Dr. Browns work but maybe I am the only one who has been drawing a line from ...... lets see ..... Tesla coil discharges ..... ball lightning ..... some sort of quantum entanglement ..... You know that ball lightning doesn't really go out as it should ..... sometimes it just wanders around ..... and these things that were seen in Europe over Germany seemed to be " round lights in the air" . So maybe if you look at the combination of things maybe we are seeing something that was somehow related. I know that ball lightning probably was not directly turned into " foo fighters" whatever they were but I'll bet that there is a family connection and like Mr. Twigsnapper told us a long time ago Dr. Brown would have "recognized a colt of his bloodlines" Maybe he was the ONLY one who would recognize what the Germans might have been doing.

Someone asked if Dr. Biefeld was a traitor to this country by supplying Germany with information on the BB effect and I wanted to state that I believe that he was loyal to the interests of this country and I would not like to see that kind of thought generated. .

But I am sure that he shared some of his thoughts with friends back in Germany (this is before the war remember ) and it would have been easy for later scientists to pick up on that information.as the war began. So Biefeld might not have intentionally supplied information which would be useful by a wartime enemy.

And you have to remember, the American scientific community at the time pretty much told Townsend Brown as a young student to go home sit down and shut up. Maybe Biefeld felt that Townsend Brown would get discouraged and quit and he thought that the concepts were far too valuable to be allowed to let wither and die.

Thanks Paul for the heads up. Something fresh to talk about. Myths and Legends huh. Which means to me that there was alot of disinformation going on around here. I'll bet alot of that could be traced right back to the disinformation expert of the age William Stephenson. Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Contemporary society has branded mythos with the taint of fantasy and untruth. But dedicated scholarly researchers and writers, such as the late Mircea Eliade and Joseph Campbell, proved beyond doubt that mythos is probably the truest intellectual vehicle to be used for transporting important concepts, witnessed by our ancestors, forward in time.

All major religions rely upon this mechanism, and while the stories told may not inofthemselves be the truth, they contain kernels of it that are believable to an extent because of the ways in which they are presented. Such stories tie us emotionally to the truths of the past and allow us in no small way to create worthwhile futures for us and our progeny.

The Bible itself is mythos, despite all of the protestations of fundamentalist interpreters, and the roots of the kernels of truth may be ascertained through rigorous research into the Greek and Chaldean meanings of the words of the OT and the NT in Concordance dictionaries.

Who knows? Paul may be writing parts of the third testament, this time in English.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Flo,

You know what my concept of the importance of Pauls book? Well, I see several things all at once. Not one of them overshadowing the others

One agenda I see at play here is the determination not to let Dr. Browns technical and personal story be lost to history. I believe that there are those out there who have no intention of seeing that happen. I include the people who worked alongside Dr. Brown and respected and honored him, and who have reached out to help Paul see through the mist of his history.

Another force at work touches on what you said about the quality and the usefulness of storys to transfer information about that things that have no words assigned to them. Concepts so grand and purposeful that they don't fit into mere words.

Its my thought that mankind has gathered around a fire to talk with his tribesmen since fire was put to use. Those tribesmen tried to express their thoughts about things beyond their understanding and it seems that we still want to do that!

Look at this forum! I have often wondered what force it is that encourages the growth and enthusiasm that is demonstrated here! Beyond understanding really! I note that each of us feels that the story of Townsend Brown somehow reaches out and touches us.

Pauls book about that mans life will encourage more discussion of his past, our past and the possibilities for our future. My coffees money worth

Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth helen Drake,
My coffee money is on that the book will be about our past, present , and future.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Whew

Post by Paul S. »

flowperson wrote: Who knows? Paul may be writing parts of the third testament, this time in English.flow.... :wink:
Certainly no pressure in that statement! :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

For Your Reading Pleasure:

Post by Paul S. »

Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Cliffhanger

Post by Victoria Steele »

Oh! Go ON! Go on! You have me here hanging on to every word and then you STOP. Cruel and unusual punishment Paul!!!! I love it! But damn I just know that everything that you are getting READY to say next is really going to be a blockbuster.

But I suppose that its important to set the stage and get people to do their homework too. So I will go off and read up on things.

But I want to know where he went! This must be where he meets Mr. ORiley, right? And what was that like and what were they after?

And ya gotta give it to Josephine, loved and left behind! But at least she has a daughter soon .( I don't know if any of you remember her earlier heartaches that Paul wrote about but I do so I am happy for her. )but .... what did she say to him as he went out the door? She KNOWS of course that he is not going to tell her ....... and he may never make it home.

Maybe she uses the BEST and strangest line from the Astronaut Farmer" as he readys to blast himself into space ..... " I expect you home for dinner!" Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

The comment on the "prop wash" is interesting. I had not heard that before.

If the foo-fighters were using a high-voltage/ionized field as described sometimes with the B-2 bomber, there would most likely be some residual ionization in its wake. The ionization would change the relative density of the air, which might be construed as prop wash.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

If the foo-fighters were using a high-voltage/ionized field as described sometimes with the B-2 bomber, there would most likely be some residual ionization in its wake. The ionization would change the relative density of the air, which might be construed as prop wash.
Thanks for that bit of color, makes great sense, very interesting.

Great chapter, Paul. What an ending, worthy of the English Serialist writers of yore, you keep us hanging in suspense, awaiting every exciting episode!

Best,
R.
Trickfox
The Magician

foo fighters had no control

Post by Trickfox »

Isn't it funny that it seems the foo fighters had no radar signatures?
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Isn't it

Post by Radomir »

Isn't it funny that it seems the foo fighters had no radar signatures?
Yesss [he says, stroking his beard thoughtfully] isn't it just? <g>

R.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

No pressure meant or intended Paul. Excellent job on writing about the "initial conditions" regarding WWII. You've successfully woven together the good the bad and the ugly of it (sorry).

When you ever get out of the "hole" and can see the light that's waiting for you up here, try to squeeze in reading Harold Bloom's, The Book Of J. In it he explores the probable roots of the book of Genesis, and he explains that the first "redactor" of Genesis was probably a female in King Solomon's court; and, that she wove together five major story threads aiong with unnumbered folk legends and tales of the tribes in Palestine into a coherent story about the Judeo-Christian forefathers. I think she did a great job as it is still avidly read 3,000 years later to give us at least an educated inkling of who we are and where we came from.

Now get back to work !

flow.... :lol:
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: foo fighters had no control

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:Isn't it funny that it seems the foo fighters had no radar signatures?
Trickfox
Now really Mr. Trickfox, do you really believe that it is funny or are you just prodding to see where this will go?

Hmmmmm. Radar....microwave...ionization..

I'll just stay out of the flow for now.

But I will give you this.. Could it be plausible that the foo fighters accomplished exactly what they were intended for?

Has anyone here ever talked to anyone who saw them first hand?

I have.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: foo fighters had no control

Post by ETernalightwithin »

Mikado14 wrote:
Trickfox wrote: But I will give you this.. Could it be plausible that the foo fighters accomplished exactly what they were intended for?

Has anyone here ever talked to anyone who saw them first hand?

I have.

Mikado

.... and?