Chapter 51: Quantum Germans

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

mascot!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

I vote that we adopt your "Neva the Tryranorabbit" for our mascot! I like it that he is big, a survivor, and not ALL white. There is something too pristine about an all white rabbit! Please send us more shots of Neva. I like him alot!

Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Gold Star for Lisa

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:My daughter just passed this along for you Paul. As you know since Mr. Twigsnapper got her started researching her Grandfathers history she has quite a file going along those lines and she said that this particular one

http://home.comcast.net/~defactohistori ... /Joes.html

you just might find interesting. .
Mark, tell Lisa she did an outstanding job tracking down that source. I Googled those two names this morning but drew a blank. Don't exactly know how she found them, but she sure gets a gold star for doing so.
The two agents were codenamed Barthelemy and Maurice, they were probably P.E. Meyer and Paddy O'Sullivan (Stocking). Two weeks later, a female radio operator, known only by her codename of Josette, was also dropped into the same area to assist them. Josette trained a local W/T operator called Gugesse. Among them, these three agents contacted several Resistance groups and extended the area of their activities to include the Creuse, and Allier regions, where grounds for dropping operations were given.

So, her name was Josette, eh? I wonder if she, too, liked to blow things up...??

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: mascot!

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I vote that we adopt your "Neva the Tryranorabbit" for our mascot! h
That's fine, but he's gotta bring his own miner's helmet & lamp. I imagine the standard issue will fit.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

collecting information

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul, (Lisa here!)

Thanks for the compliment. I have been collecting information in sort of a journal I have been keeping. I keep a sort of running file on interesting sites and when I saw those two names they rang a bell. It took some searching but I finally found that reference. Actually I think I got there by collecting information on the Jedburgh teams. And I found a really great book which you might enjoy. Add it to your pile?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/articles ... e=1&cat=59

The thing that really got to me was that this writer got started just to find out more about his grandfather who was a Jedburgh team member, which is exactly what I am doing and for the same reason. In a way it sort of took the wind out of me .... and for awhile I put my notes away .... but I have been reading what Mr. Twigsnapper keeps saying about " Remember the Women" so now I intend to continue because I think that my story will be different just because its through my eyes and I hope that will make it special.

I really wasn't looking for any connection with Dr. Brown but I guess there might be ? I think whatever you decide to write is going to be really good. Like the book above I think your book will be great because you will put faces to names and personalities into the story.

You know that I am a great fan of Mr. Twigsnapper and I don't think he would ever admit to it but he has been an enormous help to me. I think that he really wants me to write but he keeps saying that I have to tend to my books and my horses in that order and so I am trying to make him proud.

I really hope this helps you. So happy I could actually help! Lisa
Radomir
Senior Cadet

The White Mouse

Post by Radomir »

Mr. Twigsnapper wrote:
Was it you Trickfox who asked about "dangerous women" in my life? Something like that. I have to tell you ..... they have ALWAYS been my great joy. During the war I was totally enamored of an attractive woman ( I remember well that she had GREAT legs) but she also could live amongst the Germans like a reef fish amongst the coral. And she could set a charge like no one you have ever seen! I rather appreciated that! Of course very little has ever been said about her. I am pleased to say that she lived out part of her life in happy retirement in Australia, riding fine horses and setting a lovely table for tea. For quite a while no one around her ever suspected the life that she led so it was always nice to visit her and be able to share a smile and an occasional wink when the conversation turned then to planting flowers in the garden. She would never have been that domestic when I knew her! I think that she could see with me the locomotives detaching themselves from the tracks! ( sorry Mikado, I know you love trains .... but it was the times)
I believe this may be the women to which he is referring? Either that or Australia has had an embarrassment of riches if there were two like her living there in retirement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/wake.html

Also: Way to go on finding that Harrington Joes link, Lisa! Well done.

Best,

R.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: mascot!

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I vote that we adopt your "Neva the Tryranorabbit" for our mascot! h
That's fine, but he's gotta bring his own miner's helmet & lamp. I imagine the standard issue will fit.

--PS
He already has one and is ready to go down!

Mikado and Neva
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Hello Neva!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Absolutely the best. Neva with his miners light! Our logo. Thanks so much Mikado. I love it! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

See?

Post by Paul S. »

I was right. There's no limit to what you can do with Photoshop!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

!!!#####$$%%@@

Post by Mikado14 »

The poor guy came home scared and this is what he said.

What do you have down in that hole Paul?

Mikado

(Neva's being quiet)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: !!!#####$$%%@@

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:What do you have down in that hole Paul?
Actually, it's a "black" hole. Not even light can escape. How the f@#$ did that rabbit get out!?!?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: !!!#####$$%%@@

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:What do you have down in that hole Paul?
Actually, it's a "black" hole. Not even light can escape. How the f@#$ did that rabbit get out!?!?

--PS
He's the tyranorabbit. That hat has properties that Dr. Brown would envy.

Just a little fun to lighten the day but......

what do you give a rabbit that has been traumatized?

Mikado
grinder
Senior Officer

a different rabbit

Post by grinder »

I agree with you Elizabeth!

Neva is perfect!

He is BIG, not that little white thing that scurried around in such a hurry with Alice following him. THIS rabbit means business! Hes down there to find out whats really going on! He comes prepared! Good choice!

And he's not a light rabbit! He's a quantum aether eating rabbit! He can go anywhere he wants! grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

OK its Thursday!

Post by Victoria Steele »

Any chance Paul? I hope so!

I mean, I like Neva alot. but look at the discussions coming up on the forum right now. On one end we have a very informed discussion of depleted uranium shell coatings (???????) and on the other side we have a great looking rabbit with a miners helmet and light. I know that we are supposed to be " talking amongst ourselves" while you are busy typing but isn't it obvious that our minds are running full steam but we need some more fodder? I mean I love both discussion but I miss Dr. Brown and Josephine and Morgan and Linda. I really do. I want to find out what is happening in their lives. I want another chapter! And its Thursday. And I am maintaining my position as your resident pain in the ass because others are too polite.

And Rocky. You have some wonderful observations! I really look forward to your posts! I think that those photos were spectacular and I am pleased to see that they most likely are genuine. I wanted to believe that they were and I think if they have been displayed as you mentioned I think I can put my doubts away!

And Radomir. You have interesting slants too and I can tell by your questions that you are reading very carefully and fact checking as you go. Thats what I like about Pauls work. He is no slipshod writer here and this is not easy material. Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

so serious.

Post by Mikado14 »

Oh my dear Victoria, do you have no sense of humor?

Your slip is showing in your posts
The hounds are a baying and
The fox is closing in.

Mikado
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

baying hounds

Post by Victoria Steele »

My dear Mikado. The only hound baying around me is this little Yorkie my boyfriend and I share. I can't tell which one of us the man in my life loves the most! And the doggie plays no favorites!

And I do get too serious Mikado sometimes. Stress levels are not good for a person.

So speaking of stress. PAUL! You say .... stay tuned! As if there was an option here! You have a bunch of hooked individuals I think just waiting to see whats going to happen next!

It upselts me of course that Dr. Brown was injured but at least from what you said he is on his way home now.

I have often thought. Its one thing to be doing adventuresome stuff, but what happens to you mentally, for example, when you see men shot all around you in front of you, and are wounded yourself? I believe that besides being brilliant Dr. Brown was a supersensitive individual. Did this experience change the way that he looked at the world? I mean, even seeing the little girl in the mud was a lifechanging moment for Mr Twigsnapper/ORiley ( I sort of like that full name!) So did Dr. Brown go through some interesting mental changes also? Surely you look at what is REALLY important in your life. I know that I sure would!

And if I am counting on my fingers right ...... alot is happening at home in California. I understand that Josephine was pregnant from that last evening, so poor thing . She is probably dealing with morning sickness AND not knowing if her husband is alive or dead. I just can't imagine. She must have had faith that he would return. All you can do in that sort of situation is greet each day with " Well, no news, is good news!"

And how old is their son now? um ... 11 maybe? Thats a rough time not to have your Dad around. Of course, with the war on I guess it would have been odd at that time to have the husband and father at home. So I guess he had plenty of company in that. And even though Townsend Brown wasn't in the military I should think that Josephine might have had women friends who were going through the same experience of saying " Well, no news ....... is good news." Victoria