Unidentified Submerged Objects

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
grinder
Senior Officer

Unidentified Submerged Objects

Post by grinder »

Sorry Paul if I am contributing to the Forum "sprawl " but I thought that this was a way interesting subject that deserved its own, and you started it when you mentioned the Cutlass <g>

http://www.crystalinks.com/usos206.html

The artwork is sort of interesting, for sure but I guess this would be as good a shove off place as any.

start with this tidbit:

'Deep Sea UFOs' Aired on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 8:00pm ET - Detailed examination of the little-known phenomenon of USOs, or Unidentified Submerged Objects, an advanced type of UFO that can operate just as efficiently in water as in the atmosphere. These supposed otherworldly vessels have been reported, some believe, as far back as ancient Egypt. Others believe that USOs were reported by Alexander the Great and Christopher Columbus, [who allegedly was caught up in the Bermuda Triangle] and might have been seen in Atlantis.

I love the stretch of that " might have been seen in Atlantis" that is, of course, if Atlantis existed in the first place, but if we all put our ...." one step at a time" head on here maybe we can succesfully follw Mr. Twigsnappers lead into this rabbit hole. A submerged rabbit hole, which must make it even more exciting and unusual. What kind of wabbits wive here? grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

and what was THIS?

Post by grinder »

Styles, having interviewed divers, military personnel, officials involved in the incident and local residents pieced together the following train of events. The UFO, having hit the water, submerged and moved 25 miles to Government Point near the site of CFB Shelburne, a submarine detection facility where it was noticed. A group of naval vessels were despatched and told to simply wait above the submerged UFO, which could now be classed as a USO or Unidentified Submersible Object. As a salvage operation was being planned, the UFO was joined by another craft of unknown origin just before some of the naval ships were summoned away to investigate a Russian submarine in the area. The unknown craft soon moved off towards the Gulf of Maine but outpaced the remaining naval vessels trying to follow.

I got this from http://www.alien-ufos.com/incidentsshagharbour.shtml

Shag Harbor, isn't that somewhere near you Trickfox? My geography is piss poor. Ever hear of this incident?

This is what I found interesting " As a salvage operation was being planned the UFO was joined BY ANOTHER CRAFT OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN ........ now who was THAT? .......... The unknown craft soon moved off towards the Gulf of Maine but OUTPACED THE REMAINING NAVL VESSELS TRYING TO FOLLOW." Remember guys, this thing is UNDERWATER grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

shag harbor

Post by Trickfox »

Shag Harbor is 400km SOUTH EAST OF HERE. (as the crow flys)
There was a TV special on it the other day. It was real interesting, and included footage of a light shinning from under the water.

Kevinb, please tell us a bit about your links before posting them. That way we can follow the thread better.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
wdavidb
Junior Birdman

Post by wdavidb »

Our modern submarines have a maximum depth range of 6 to 7 thousand ft. whereas a USO would not have a depth limit.

It has recently been found that fish as well as sharks make their home at depths of 10,000 ft. plus, with one big one of 24 ft. being filmed.

At that depth a submarine would be crushed like a flattened beer can.

So the subject of USOs has got to have a wide audience.

If you want to hide, the bottom of the deep ocean is as good a place as any, who's going to bother you down there?
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

our own corral

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hi David,

I agree with you completely that the Oceans of our planet would be the perfect place. Who is going to bother them once settled comfortably wherever they choose.

And its a good idea that we pay attention to reports of these submerged objects.

But I noticed something I wanted to call to your attention. Be careful (all of us) that we make assumptions without realizing that we are doing it. I even caught you at it David and I know that you had no intention at all of corraling your thoughts. Your first statement contains not one but TWO assumptions!

The first is "our modern submarines have a maximum depth range of 6 to 7 thousand feet" ..........

The submarine that made a port call off of Catalina while Dr. Brown was living there was a research vessel that held a published depth record .... (I can find the exact record for you ... but for right now .... going on .... Perhaps Paul can remember her name but I do recall that this particular submarine was missioned to the CIS/NRO. Why I paid particular attention to her because there was a connection between her and Dr. Brown. Maybe now that we have a site which addresses this material we can get back into it ..... but the FACT is ..... whatever her published depth limit is ........ there is bound to be a classified limit that we will never know.

And regarding the fact that a USO would have an unlimited depth limit. How can we know that? Perhaps they do in fact, for some reason unknown to us ... have a limit ...... perhaps they have alot of limits that only they would know?

This is a great subject. More thoughts! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Speaking of which...

Post by Paul S. »

Anybody remember the film "The Abyss" ?

The topic has come up on occasion in my exchanges with Morgan.

Seems to me the deep sea trench in that story was somewhere in the Atlantic, like, not far from Puerto Rico; Like, not far from the route of the Caroline back in 1933...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Which Sub?

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: The submarine that made a port call off of Catalina while Dr. Brown was living there was a research vessel that held a published depth record .... (I can find the exact record for you ... but for right now .... going on .... Perhaps Paul can remember her name but I do recall that this particular submarine was missioned to the CIS/NRO.
There was some discussion of a submarine called the "Seamount" but I've never been able to find any records of a sub by that name.

Then, of course, there was the SeaVIEW, but that was the sub in the TeeVee series "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

And there was a dive-record holding sub called "Dolphin." I THINK that's the one that Elizabeth is referring to, unless there really was a "Seamount" and all record of her existence has been weeded...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

lost in information

Post by twigsnapper »

I understand Paul that you have a mountain of material, but you have seen this before. She was the NR-1. Does that help?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... p/nr-1.htm

And the historic link? A spit and polished junior officer and a seaman first class, setting off to find justice for a drowned cat. Ring any bells? twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

who are these guys?

Post by grinder »

More information on the NR-1 and a thanks to Mr. Twigsnapper.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_repo ... 95.sum.pdf

grinder
Last edited by grinder on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trickfox
The Magician

NR-1

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.gdeb.com/
To compliment this post
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

you mentioned the Seaview

A couple of years ago, when I was researching in this arena I found some really fascinating material about something called " Nelsons Folley" a very careful presentation of what APPEARS TO BE a factual account of this submarine " the Seaview" .... her history, her builders , I got all excited because I was sure I had found this wonderful lead. When you see what is mentioned, you will understand why.

A fictional account. DRATS ...... but in the last two years I have come to understand that sometimes things submerged bubble to the surface as fiction but it is just a camoflaged version of the truth that can not be told ..... YET.

So keeping this in mind, cast a glance at "Nelsons Folley"

http://www.nimr.org/index.html

and well, the other when I can find it again. Sorry! Elizabeth
Rocky
Space Cadet

Post by Rocky »

wdavidb stated:
At that depth a submarine would be crushed like a flattened beer can.

Don Walsh and Jacques Piccard in the Trieste briefly explored the deepest part of the ocean, the Challenger Deep, on January 23, 1960. It reached a depth of 10,911 meters. Only one dive in this portion of the ocean was conducted. As the Trieste was constructed in 1953, I would imagine that the technology to construct a vessel capable of reaching these pressures has since improved. Admittedly, the Trieste was technically a bathysphere, not a submarine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathyscaphe_Trieste

Now for a “taleâ€
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: lost in information

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote: And the historic link? A spit and polished junior officer and a seaman first class, setting off to find justice for a drowned cat. Ring any bells?
Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure where to look for the details. I suspect the "spit and polished junior officer" went on to build some submarines, particularly one named for a Jules Verne invention. Also had a terrific guitar instrumental by Michael Hedges named for him...

But that sub... jeez, it doesn't look any bigger than those bath tubs that tried to sink the Tirpitz... and it had a nuke on board??

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

hard to know

Paul,

I suggest that it would be hard to know what the NR-1 had on board. From what I have read, She wasn't particularly fast .(But of course she just might be and that information isn't available) She was however the ONLY nuclear research submarine and supposedly was a favorite of Admiral Rickovers. And from what I have read so far she was perfect for intelligence work, being able to hug the bottom and avoid detection by normal means. And I guess that she herself was the "nuclear pile" which is supposed to run out in 2012 .... right? So will there be a NR-2?

I am having computer problems too. (The operator is too lazy right now to do her homework properly. ) I'll get you the back up information tomorrow!

It strikes me as sort of odd that our Mr. Twigsnapper would be so quick to point out her number. Did she also have a name? And yes, she doesn't look that much bigger than Mr. ORileys "fng bathtubs". I wonder what connections he might have had with the NR-1? (One of those situations where I can ask but I certainly will not hold my breath for an answer!)

And Rocky, it was very interesting hearing about your friends experiences.

One piece of information that I believe I can share. One of the men who accompanied Seaman Brown on his navy cruise on board the S48 was a fellow who later named some unusual underwater mountain tops that he found when he was encouraged to leave his sonar on longer than was the rule. Who encouraged him to do that? The young seaman Townsend Brown. The natural features this fellow found were named by him " Seamounts".

Again, his name eludes me. I'll post it tomorrow when I either remember it or look it up again. (Still fighting this cold a bit and I think that the cough medicine has gotten to me!) Elizabeth