DOOMSDAY CLOCK

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: who's behind the CLOCK

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Mikado14 wrote:
LongboardLOVELY wrote:
They not only look at nuclear threat, but also global climate changes and environmental degradation.

It IS a literal clock, but also figurative clock, and has been featured in many novels.
I remember the talk of the clock as a child, in between air raid drills and hiding under a desk. We were told it was a figurative clock and NOT a literal clock, in other words, a clock face. But then, it could be a memory thing.

Could you kindly provide a reference as to it measuring the above statistics (global climate changes and environmental degradation)
and when they started doing it?

Thanks,

Mikado
I remember the "duck and cover" drills, though vaguely. When I said that it was a literal clock as well as a figurative one, I meant that in the sense that it wasn' t just words describing it. It is a clock face, and actually, only a quarter of a clock face.
And you asked for references to the BAS looking at climate and environmental degradation? I'll reference the BAS themselves:

http://www.thebulletin.org/minutes-to-midnight/

and Cnews (from Canada)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Science/200 ... 20-ap.html

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Who or whom?

Post by Mikado14 »

I have to question this whole clock thing. It is purely subjective in my opinion. It was subjective when it was started and now it is even more subjective in that now they are including environmental issues. Probably the same scientists that claimed 25 or 20 years ago that Chloroflourocarbons did not occur naturally in nature. We go through all this crap in changing over to more "environmentally" friendly refrigerants and then sometime in the 90's they find them being ejected from black funnels.

Just a conspiracy from DuPont to corner the market on new refrigerants.

Just my dumb ass opinion cause I have to work on this new crap.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

And don't forget, 30 years ago we were all going to freeze in a nuclear winter. After that for awhile I think it was asteroids or some such thing that was going to kill us all. It's just hard for me to keep up on what I'm supposed to be fearful.

I suppose it just depends on whose dogma is sitting in the driver's seat.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Rocky
Space Cadet

Post by Rocky »

Mikado,

You are so right about CFC’s. When the ozone issue became soâ€
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

chain of volcanoes

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Rocky,

Wasn't there a chain of volcanoes in Siberia that caused a world wide disaster eons ago. How easy it would be for that to happen again. Or even ONE really nasty eruption and we would be in a world of hurt, literally.

I think humans here on this planet have egos that just never allow us to realize that this planet could just as easily shift to another phase and wipe us all out without a backwards glance. I think that we are the only beings that think that the Universe was somehow constructed for us .....

But maybe its the going to wherever we are going .... instead of the getting there. And chasing money is a pretty shallow activity compared to other paths. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Brings to mind

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: And chasing money is a pretty shallow activity compared to other paths. Elizabeth
Reminds me of someone.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Re: DOOMSDAY CLOCK

Post by Martin Calloway »

I just happened to be watching Bruce Willis in Armagheddon ( that right?) Anyway, you know the movie and I saw something you guys will surely think is the wildest "cosmic haha" ever.

At the beginning of the movie there is a problem with an oil drilling rig. Things bust loose and the camera focuses down on a ... looks like ... big pressure gauge .... and on the face of the gauge in the plainest lettering ever ..... MARTIN DECKER.

I never saw that before. Is it the same? Strange that I just saw the phrase too on another thread / " Its all about oil".

So now my attention is given to the story of an enormous asteroid barreling toward earth and I am thinking ...... OH CRAPS ... thats not the kind of precognition experience I really want to have!

Martin
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Post by Martin Calloway »

What a great thread! Bone chilling but as always Mr. twigsnapper supplies his good and kind wisdom and a little bit of a glimpse of what he hopes for all of us. And I also note Flows response too, which makes it even more special.

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4421#p4421

Martin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock,
WHO invented the clock?
WHAT is TIME,
Tick tock ,tick tock.
A clock is an invention of equal tick tocks.
Nothing is such, do I have the time for this?
I am looking forward to a better Time,
A holiday time will be a better time,
Wasn't it good in the past times?
I have no Time for this,
Doesn't Time fly?

Church control, to clock control?
Hickory dickory dock, the mouse ran up the clock.
Christmas is coming, what a good Time to look forward to.

Look at Now, not the past, not the future, NOW.

There is no past, no future, just NOW.
I look forward to your replies, or have you already answered?
What a blast, from the past, this thread?

Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. Calloway, this was probably not a very amusing experience you had. I read Mr. Twigsnapper's post and the great insights that followed afterwards i. e. Mr. Flow's words.

But have you looked also at the beginning of the thread? How it all started? Here again for the sake of convenience:
DOOMSDAY CLOCK
by twigsnapper on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:45 pm

There, Now that I have your attention.

In 1945 such a concept was considered and in 1947 a newsletter started circulating amongst nuclear physicists. It grew into a group of people interested in sharing information about how dangerous the world was becoming. The idea of "minutes to midnight" caught on and has been used ever since. Now of course the worry has expanded to other things but one must not forget the original worry. I read on a related forum that every nuclear missile ever aimed at the United States is still aimed at that target. Which could possibily be entirely true. Then we have the suitcase on a mule, and who knows where that might be aimed.

Since Dr. Brown was concerned about this clock. (I can vouch for that personally) I thought I would introduce it into the conversation. In 1947 the people involved set the clock for seven minutes to midnight in 1947.

Anybody know what it is today?

And how many times it has changed? ( Sometimes getting as far away as 17 minutes to midnight, I think, when the Soviet Union Collapsed) What were other changes that set it backward? What might be done now?

I just thought that it was important to get into the mindset of the late forties and the Doomsday Clock said it all.

twigsnapper
Boy, oh, boy! What are the current time settings? 2012 when the Earth and our solar system will be aligned with the center of the galaxy and when through the black hole located there huge amounts of electromagnetic, gravitational, neutrino and what not radiation will be released to flood our system and Earth?

What about the solar maximum of the 24th solar cycle which started this year and which will reach it's peak in 2012?

What will these waves of all and sundry radiation do to satellites and electronic equipment? Just think of the EMP's!

And lastly how will all this influence the minds of people (but also their bodies)? Mr. Twigsnapper once mentioned that he is more concerned about people being on the prod in such a situation, than of the technical implications.

Pay also attention to: "And how many times it has changed? ( Sometimes getting as far away as 17 minutes to midnight, I think, when the Soviet Union Collapsed) What were other changes that set it backward? What might be done now? twigsnapper"

And we know when the Soviet Union collapsed.

AM
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

In light of what was said above, the following saying of Dr. Brown acquires a new dimension:

Men are like bees in a hive...
They respond unknowingly
to the warmth of their unseen
environment."

T. Townsend Brown, 1975

The Chinese word for crisis (weiji) is composed of the characters for opportunity (jihui) and danger (as in the adjective "dangerous" = weixian).

A crisis can also be an opportunity if you play your cards right. And the greater the crisis, the greater the opportunity.

AM
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Not The Only Time

Post by Paul S. »

Martin Calloway wrote:At the beginning of the movie there is a problem with an oil drilling rig. Things bust loose and the camera focuses down on a ... looks like ... big pressure gauge .... and on the face of the gauge in the plainest lettering ever ..... MARTIN DECKER.
My memory might be playing tricks on me here, but at the moment I'm recalling that some time ago we talked about the underwater drama "The Abyss," and somebody mentioned that there was also a gauge on -- again, an oil rig, but this time under water -- that also said 'MARTIN DECKER."

So, I dunno, if the recollection is true, then somebody must keep going back to the same prop shop in Hollywood...

Or, something...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Kevin;
Its all about OIL.
If you had a method of knowing the time span of all the available OIL.
Sort of the ability to pluck some strings?
Then what would you propose be the desired objectives prior to the end of TIME?
Some would let everybody else run out of oil and leave them in the lurch, going backwards, going bankrupt, that way you (with the remaining oil) are the one with the power and the control. You automatically become top of the pack and you rule. The consequences of doing this however would evoke strong feelings from those who are on the brink of collapse, how far can you push before they bite back. Or conversely just how secret can you keep your stockpile reserve?.
Mikado;
Let's see, an Admiral I believe? navy man. Let's see, there was something I researched a while back......digging here,,,.....,,,,,...oh, I thinks it's coming,,,,,.........oh yeah, now I remember, another purported Scottish rite mason,,,.........yeah, that's the ticket. I still believe in my heart that there is a link to the Knights' Templar all the way down through to the Caroline group. Everyone within the group may not know that but I would bet those navy beans that I have to dollars, that I'm in the right church, it may not be the right pew but in the church never the less.
I wouldn't be surprised, If this does turn out to be the case then the forums present train of thought about the “group” having just “good intentions” are left in the dust. The Masons have a long range plan involving all mankind and its along the lines of “us first, and then the rest of you”. It seems odd (to me) that they are also waiting for someone special to arrive, as well as the Christian nations and some other religions, but the masons expect someone known as “the light bringer”, which to borrow a saying from someone else here who has a gift for words,,, ding ding.. All this talk of 2012 and other Mayan calendar speculations seems to just keep on keeping on. To me it sounds like y2k reruns.
Elizabeth;
I happened to be reading somewhere (lost out there in the aether) where someone responded to quote that Mr. Twigsnapper mentioned seeing ....... that " All the missiles ever aimed at the United States are STILL aimed at the United States) One of the less intelligent people on that other forum responded basically " What do I care? I don't live in America!"
The computer models show that after an atomic war even if it was confined solely to the top half of the globe, the fallout and ash would cross the equator within 4 months and poison the bottom half as well. The seas would be affected and mankind would be extinct within 3 years. The fallout shelters would be of no use as the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) missiles set to rain down 6-months, 2-years, 5-years, 10-years later would catch the fallout bunker people anyway as they tried to reestablish themselves. Hence the move to star-wars and beam weapons and no worry of radiation. The laser tests in the Australian outback in the 70's easily cut a moving plane in half 3 miles away, so how far have they come with that technology since, orbital.

Paul;
My memory might be playing tricks on me here, but at the moment I'm recalling that some time ago we talked about the underwater drama "The Abyss," and somebody mentioned that there was also a gauge on -- again, an oil rig, but this time under water -- that also said 'MARTIN DECKER."
Paul, As above .. so below
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

The Knights vs The Masons

Post by Mikado14 »

arc wrote: I wouldn't be surprised, If this does turn out to be the case then the forums present train of thought about the “group” having just “good intentions” are left in the dust. The Masons have a long range plan involving all mankind and its along the lines of “us first, and then the rest of you”. It seems odd (to me) that they are also waiting for someone special to arrive, as well as the Christian nations and some other religions, but the masons expect someone known as “the light bringer”, which to borrow a saying from someone else here who has a gift for words,,, ding ding.. All this talk of 2012 and other Mayan calendar speculations seems to just keep on keeping on. To me it sounds like y2k reruns.
I see where you are coming from here Mr. arc , however, I have done a good bit of research on the Masons. The first item that I found was that there are two rights: the York and the Scottish. Here is a cut and paste (so for this but it will help):

This set of speculation whether grounded in fact or merely wishful thinking on the part of the Fraternity, has met with acceptance by many Freemasons world wide. By the same token many Freemasons have rejected it as inaccurate.

Regardless of ones acceptance or rejection, it cannot be argued that Masonry does carry within its side degrees a form of Masonic Templarism. While the Scottish Rite contains a degree revolving around the Templars, this page will deal with York Rite Templarism. Within Freemasonry's York Rite are found four bodies, which are in The United States and Canada as follows:

It is from this site: http://www.templarhistory.com/masonic.html

Here is another excerpt:

On October 13 (the unlucky Friday the 13th), 1307, what may have been all the Knights Templar in France were simultaneously arrested by agents of Philip the Fair, to later be tortured into admitting heresy in the Order. The dominant view is that Philip, who seized the treasury and broke up the monastic banking system, was jealous of the Templars' wealth and power, and sought to control it for himself.

It is from this site: http://www.crystalinks.com/templars1.html

From what I have read, and taking into account the source, my conclusion is that on "Unlucky Friday", the Order was not eradicated and only a small percentage, perhaps less than 5% were caught, executed, confiscation of property etc occurred. I do believe the Order exists to this day and in secret for the knowledge they acquired would upset Christianity as well as Islam. I further believe that the Freemasons only adopted the Knights Templar so as to give themselves a pedigree.

I will add this, with the exception of my cousin who is a Mason, in every venture I became involved in where there was a Mason involved, I believe I was bent over the barrel. And for what it is worth, my Grandfather was a 32nd and given the honorary 33rd before his death.
arc wrote: My memory might be playing tricks on me here, but at the moment I'm recalling that some time ago we talked about the underwater drama "The Abyss," and somebody mentioned that there was also a gauge on -- again, an oil rig, but this time under water -- that also said 'MARTIN DECKER."
It is only a coincidence. It is really Martin-Decker Totco Instumentation. I believe about two years ago when I was researching Decker I ran across this and posted. They are very heavy into instrumentation for the Gas and Oil Industry.

Mikado