Chapter 50: Structure of Space

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Antenna + Submarine = ??

Post by Paul S. »

Langley wrote: In WW2 Brown designed long line antenna, the purpose of which is unclear.
Would it help any if the idea of a submarine was added to the equation?

As in a submarine "trailing a long antenna" ?

This was brought to my attention by Twisgnapper a while back, along with this:
Pine Gap was put in its location for important reasons. Security being the first of them and freedom from snooping (mainly Russian ears) the second. Most information sent to Pine Gap from various birds was at one time not coded. Pine Gap was an area that had a small enough footprint .... no other countries could eavesdrop......
....and the references to an "electrically propelled submarine" here:

http://au.geocities.com/psyberplasmic/ccS1-4.html

Try putting those pieces together and lemme know what y'all come up with...

--PS

(I see after posting this that there is some speculation that Langley typed "long line" when he might have meant "long wave," in which case the preceding is something of a non-sequitur; On the other hand, if Langley meant what he typed, ("line," not "wave"), then the question remains: What brought that on? Where was that mentioned before...??)
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

ever get the impression

Post by Victoria Steele »

Ever get the impression that someone is screwing with your computer. I get that feeling all the time!

Does it matter really whether he mistyped intentionally or by mistake?
Well, one would tell me that he KNOWS ahead of time about the submarine trailing the "long antennae" OR..... it was purely a mistake that wasn't, if you know what I mean ... one of those odd cosmic synapses that jumps the subject to the point where it needs to go.

So Langley? Ever heard of these long trailing sub antennaes and Pine Gap? Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Are you sure of " long-line ", after a few vin rouges?
Longitudinal wave?
I sense Dr Brown was well in tune with these?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/longitudinal_wave
kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Antenna + Submarine = ??

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote: As in a submarine "trailing a long antenna" ?

Try putting those pieces together and lemme know what y'all come up with...

--PS

(I see after posting this that there is some speculation that Langley typed "long line" when he might have meant "long wave," in which case the preceding is something of a non-sequitur; On the other hand, if Langley meant what he typed, ("line," not "wave"), then the question remains: What brought that on? Where was that mentioned before...??)
My dear friend Perfesser, airplanes can trail them too, and they do or at least did and I can assure you that Dr Brown did not invent it.
Victoria Steele wrote: But now I am going to hit you with a phrase that you are known for using on other people. I think it translates something like this ....." But I was asking YOU ..." and in this regard .... I was actually asking Langley where he had seen that information. I don't at all doubt that you may be right about where it was mentioned .... I just particularly wanted to know how Paul Langley had heard about it or run across that information. Silly of me maybe but as you know sometimes it really is important how some information reaches people.
You got me....or did you? I have been waiting for an answer, which I am sure will come and of that, I have no doubt. But knowing your impatience and that you are no wall flower, I thought you might want a preview or a teaser? I just thought perhaps you were knee deep in needing the info as to a "long line", thinking of course that you were going fishing<g> . They do fish in Texas, don't they?

I can only slow dance

Mikado
Last edited by Mikado14 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: ever get the impression

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote: Ever get the impression that someone is screwing with your computer. I get that feeling all the time!
Yes I do, probably Mr Twigsnapper.
Victoria Steele wrote:
Does it matter really whether he mistyped intentionally or by mistake?
Well, one would tell me that he KNOWS ahead of time about the submarine trailing the "long antennae" OR..... it was purely a mistake that wasn't, if you know what I mean ... one of those odd cosmic synapses that jumps the subject to the point where it needs to go.
Let's see, would that one be a certain fox? Anyway, If it were intentional then he was trolling for a response in the form of a correction OR if it were a mistake, well, we all make them, hell I put my pants on backward and didn't realize it until I had to leak but then the other wasn't hard to do either.

I couldn't resist.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

submarines

Post by grinder »

Just the odd thought that there probably really is something to Dr. Browns involvement with submarines because his name is so studiously disconnected from anything to do with subs. Flying Saucers, UFOs and yet we already pretty much established the thread here that there are such things as unidentified SUBMERGED OBJECTS.... (which near as I can tell are just as mysterious and widespread as the other types.) And alot of them ODDLY reported in the area that seemed to interest the Caroline Group so much, dare I breathe it,? The Bermuda Triangle?

Paul you keep hitting on the subject and then seem to back off it. So I know there is SOMETHING there that you are holding close to your chest. Or maybe all you have had are these strange hints, and STILL haven't had it come together in your head? Do I want to be around when all those hints come together in your head? you bet!

Another thing I have figured. Its so easy for others to try to categorize Dr. Brown. Stick him in a corner of "electrostatics" ... or "antigravity" ... or ... I dunno what else , but I have gotten the impression that he was involved in alot of stuff, either directly or indirectly. So who actually is ever going to know what things he might have been part of or responsible for.

And there are probably many paths that will lead from yours Paul. Its a heck of a hike.

Bugging you Mr. Twigsnapper about the Charles Miller question. Did you know him personally? Do you know why he would have chosen the life that he chose? Was he good at what he did? grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the best

Post by twigsnapper »

grinder,

Charles Miller was the very best.

I did know him. During the years 1962-1964 he "phoned home" every Sunday, without fail. I was "home".

I understand your questions and the reasons behind them. Expect incoming information.

Some, (Radomir you understand this), are more fitted to standing their ground and making their contributions with their families wrapped securely around them, some are not. Charles had to go on alone. We have already spoken about the sadness that creates but he was a wise and brave man. And he left an honorable legacy.

twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: the best

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:During the years 1962-1964 he "phoned home" every Sunday, without fail. I was "home".
Observant readers will note that these dates correspond almost exactly to the time that Charles was in the service of the Brown family. Well, actually, exactly.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

what James Randi (AKA James R. Zwinge) said

Post by Trickfox »

From the website:

http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/
When I decided to place the entire text of "An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural" on the Internet, it was suggested to me that this could cut into the sales of the printed version. However, experience has shown that, in the publishing business, making a book available on the Internet only stimulates sales of the actual book! Another mystery.
Now I understand why the your book is on the web Paul.....!!!!

Only serious people want to read the truth I guess....RIGHT?

Trickfox.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

a picture?

Post by grinder »

Paul,

I know you are busy trying to get this next chapter put together but I wondered if you might have a picture of Charles Miller you could post? or if you don't want to do that could you PM me?

And reading through the chapter about " Closing Ashlawn" I was struck by the immediacy of the scene of Charles walking through the big house, obviously the last one there and closing the doors up for the last time. He must have shared those thoughts with someone for you to be able to recount them. My hunch is Mr. Twigsnapper, right?

Miller was bound for San Francisco from what you wrote, right? So , even though he might have ended his "service" with the Brown family directly, was he reporting to another phase of his work? Did they meet up again when the family got to California.

Was he just one of many that had "put in their (what looks like )... two years? If so, who came before him? Who came after him? And does Linda Brown have the same sort of situation going on now? Or did all of that fade away when her father died?

Just trying to get a better handle on the type of life these folks might have been living. The Browns AND the people who lived so close and were so important to them.

But whats the reference to " Daisy, Daisy" mean? I get the impression that it might be a lost love? Really interesting.

Any more light on that story?

I realize that its a little off the track for Dr. Browns story but actually I don't think so. I am just trying to figure what it was that was so special that Dr. Brown was doing and represented for these folks to be so dedicated.

A weekend for wondering.

grinder