Part II Begins Here

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Australians, from a very early age, are trained in the subtle art of the Crow call. It is practiced at every opportunity, so that the nuance of calls are appropriate to each situation which calls for the invocation of this ancient art.

Such is the group conditioning, even by age 5, entire Infant School Assembly Halls can, from time to time, be heard to resonate with spontaneous out breaks of the Call.

To invoke it, one has but to place a suitably cool and incredibly exciting and wonderful object or communication.

AM that was an incredible post.

*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Theres something about radar and they saw something in around or as a result of the cyclotron. And maybe it wasnt a happy accident, maybe theres something in the origins of the cyclotron that gives a clue. Ill go look
Lawrence is credited with the cyclotron, but whats the story behind that? Was nuclear medicine a compulsory undertaking from the suppliers of the idea? if so why didnt they build it first themselves.

How come Igor's books are nt available from his website?

Theres only a snail mail address. I want to send him a manuscript. Would he be interested.
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Back already.

Many American scientists of Lawrence's generation matured with the help of a new system of postdoctoral fellowships, which encouraged research rather than teaching. The National Research Council, established during World War I by the National Academy of Sciences, started granting such fellowships in 1919 with funds from the Rockefeller Foundation. American physicists, especially theorists, often used the postdoctoral fellowships to study in Europe. They brought home from Göttingen, Copenhagen, and Munich the new theory of quantum mechanics and began to teach it to their own students. Others, especially experimentalists, did postdoctoral research without going abroad. Lawrence, taking advantage of the first-rate physicists and well-equipped facilities at Yale, used his fellowship to continue research on
photoelectricity
and to start work on how
atoms of a gas struck by electrons are
ionized (an ion is an atom that has more or less than its normal number of electrons).

http://www.aip.org/history/lawrence/youth.htm

Langoliers Territory indeed.

An ion in my book can also be a nucleus without any electrons. But I stand to be corrected.

Anyway, off again.
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

"Americans seem to work very well, only they obviously insist on making everything as big as possible."

—German physicist Franz Simon's impression upon a visit to the US in 1932.

I aint sayin a word

Why didnt I see this before? Im sooo stuck on certain things, that this is the umpteenth time Ive read this site but the first time Ive read about his youth and the early work.

"General Electric Company had a major industrial research lab staffed with physical scientists and engineers. At G.E. he found his host, physicist A.W. Hull, an expert on X-rays, diverted by work on
high electric voltages.
At that time, many academic physicists were also starting to work on
high voltages,
although for different reasons than G.E. scientists. High-voltage accelerators promised breakthroughs in the study of
radioactive particles and atomic nuclei.
An attempt in 1930 by Northwestern University to lure Lawrence away led Berkeley to promote him to full professor at the age of 29."

That, I think anyway, slots right in there.

"The leading expert on radioactivity, professor Ernest Rutherford at Cambridge University, had long used atomic particles as projectiles to study the structure of matter. In 1911, by bombarding atoms with alpha particles (helium ions), he found that the atom has inside it a small and heavy nucleus. In 1919 Rutherford managed to bombard the nucleus itself. By absorbing an alpha particle, the nucleus of nitrogen transformed into a nucleus of oxygen and emitted a proton. The old dream of medieval alchemists, the transmutation of chemical elements, had been achieved."

So there we have some tracks to the Quantum Germans, the ion thingy, High voltages, GE, Tesla's old um, business client I guess youd call it, though Tesla didnt do business, etc.

In 1927 Rutherford urged physicists to find the means to "a copious supply" of particles more energetic than the alpha and beta particles available from natural radioactive sources. A number of researchers responded to his call.

At Rutherford's Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge, England, John Cockcroft and E.T.S. Walton produced such particles artificially by accelerating protons, with a high-voltage transformer and then with a voltage multiplier. Robert Van de Graaff, an NRC postdoc at Princeton and then MIT, built an electrostatic high-voltage generator. Merle Tuve, Lawrence's old friend, now working at the Carnegie Institution of Washington, experimented with a Tesla induction coil, then with a Van de Graaff generator and reached a million volts.

A gem I think:

Lawrence was acquainted with the problem of high-voltage acceleration through Tuve's work. In spring 1929 he got an idea for a new way of accelerating particles. He was browsing a German electrical engineering journal, not the most common reading for a physicist. A Norwegian engineer, Rolf Wideröe, had published a sketch of a device that allowed one to use the same electrical potential twice, doubling the energy by switching from positive to negative potential in order to push ions and then to pull them.

Lawrence judged the linear scheme impractical for light atomic particles, since it would require a vacuum tube several meters long. But it inspired him to think about how one could use the same potential multiple times instead of just once. Lawrence thought to use a magnetic field to bend charged particles into circular trajectories and thus pass them through the same accelerating region over and over again. The idea required a combination of sophisticated techniques: a high-vacuum chamber with electric fields varying at radio frequencies and with some means to keep the particles in a single horizontal plane.

Oh good Lawwd look at the plan drawing on the LHS of page.

Has anyone weighed a cyclotron when in use and when not in use?

Time for dinner.
http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v40/i1/p19_1
http://focus.aps.org/story/v13/st17
flurry of excitement, gobbles tea.
chokes on pea:
"The principle of the cyclotron fails as particles accelerate close to the speed of light. Relativity theory comes into play, and the time a particle would spend in each dee as it accelerates is no longer fixed. The 1940s invention of the synchrotron solved this problem by continually adjusting the frequency. But the cyclotron was "the first major workhorse" of particle physics, says Robert Crease of the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and its central principle of getting large energies from modest voltages survives in all modern synchrotrons."

Adjustment for Relativistic artifacts by the manipulation of Frequency.

So F = ? function to (relativistic particle)

Geeez.
AM

Post by AM »

Holy Dr. Sarbacher's Sachertorte!

Mr. Langley, now we're ridding through the Twilight Zone. You words:

"Has anyone weighed a cyclotron when in use and when not in use?"

"Did the Nazis have a cyclotron?"

"And from the descriptions of the Nazi Bell and the cyclotron, I dont see much of a conceptual difference . The Nazi Bell had Chronos in its name?

The functional difference between the two, it seems to me, was that the cyclotron is huge and uses magnetic rotation to accelerate sub atomic particles. And Chronos reportedly had an effect at the level we perceive ordinarily. the descriptions involve a physical rotation and lots of electricity."

Hello, what do we have here?

I'm a little busy today, so I have to run now. Will address the other parts in detail later today or tomorrow.

AM
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

AM wrote:Holy Dr. Sarbacher's Sachertorte!

Mr. Langley, now we're ridding through the Twilight Zone.

AM
Ions. Driven to high speed. Thinks.

ITS AN ION DRIVE

conceptually. Feed em in fast and dense.

"Round em up, Pack em, in Shoot em out. Raw Hide."

Is it Chronos as well?

Dees. scale up

Planets for Dees.

ions substitued with vehicle which generates High voltage ion plasma. One big sucker of an ion within the planets field.

Now the sideral radiation. Sails up?
AM

Post by AM »

Yeeha, I'm ridding on a fat raccoon with my biggest tin-foil heat strapped on. Sidereal radiation, here we come.

Vamos A La Playa and a Feliz Navidad to you all from Radio Tinfoil!

AM.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

yeehaa

Post by twigsnapper »

Thought that the two of you ( and others reading this) might just have a good time with all of this. You fellows are making my day. tin foil strapped on here too ..... returning,returning, returning ... Dr. Brown would have said with a smile.

"A Norwegian engineer, Rolf Wideröe, had published a sketch of a device that allowed one to use the same electrical potential twice, doubling the energy by switching from positive to negative potential in order to push ions and then to pull them."

push them, then pull them?

get a chamber, and plenty of high voltage .........

"But it inspired him to think about how one could use the same potential multiple times instead of just once. Lawrence thought to use a magnetic field to bend charged particles into circular trajectories and thus pass them through the same accelerating region over and over again. The idea required a combination of sophisticated techniques: a high-vacuum chamber with electric fields varying at radio frequencies and with some means to keep the particles in a single horizontal plane. "

twigsnapper
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Part three

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Its my suggestion (when you get home Paul) that maybe the Forum could have another section .. instead of labeled " Part Two begins here" it should be " Part Three begins here"

There is too much information flooding in that I KNOW we will all want to discuss. It worries me, the thought that you might shut this site down thinking that it has fulfilled its purpose, when obviously its purpose has just begun. And I mean that very sincerely.

I don't know where this bus is going, but we are all on board! most of us facing the front(?) and all of us ready for this adventure! Lets not pull into the depot yet because our journey and our purpose for being together has just started. Can't you feel it too?

Part Three Begins Here .... Actually began as soon as you typed THE END.

strange huh! MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

missing nine years

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I have noticed of course that you have completely skipped over the nine years that Dr. Brown mentions in his lab notebooks ( the ones out in the public) .... No notes were taken ....

But what was the family doing during that time? Are you just not going to mention that? Theres this big hole. Is this part of book number two?

Or maybe the discussions we are seeing coming together here will build up material where those missing nine years will have a core? Will it all be in the first book? Or just held over for the second? Seems to me that there is still plenty to talk about, now that we know some of these characters. Wheres Sarbacher. Where is Kitselman, where did the high voltage and vacuum work go? And how many moves were there in those nine years? And why?

I think that this first book has reached a wonderful conclusion but there is so much left out Paul that we all know will call to be brought out. MarkC
AM

Post by AM »

Before I address the case of the Norwegian engineer, Rolf Wideröe, I would like to say something else. By the way, Mr. Twigsnapper, I had exactly the same thoughts when reading the paragraph you quoted!

Please read carefully, because there might be a German-connection. It may seem out of line here, but don't just brush it off, without reading it.

--------

Dear Mr. Twigsnapper,

I was quite surprised to see that you were contininously evading the subject of Robert Beckwith and James Corum.

There are several possible explanations for that:

a.) A very subtly designed disinformation-campaign, where the written material by Beckwith and Corum contain some genuine data, but a lot of misleading things. You though are of the opinion that the loss outweighs the gain and that it would be very dangerous to go down this path, because more yarn would be spun.

b.) You don't want to tempt Mr. Schatzkin leave the beaten track and neglect his central task - Dr. Brown.

c.) The connections hinted at in the above mentioned documents by Beckwith and Corum are of such impact that you think it is too early to bring them to light or address them clearly.

The problem of the Beckwith-report is the Marconi referrence + the light bulb and all the "teleportation mode" stuff. But if this is such a disinformation, then why was it not more widely publicized? It has been molding away like some fine French cheese on the website of a Florida tech company. Corum received more exposure.

Beckwith wrote another interesting paper: "A Force Model of the Universe and the role of Neutrinos".

In chapter 80 the following is being said:

"Chapter 80:

"Dr. Brown and Josephine were living on Catalina (again) in 1978 when Dr. Brown started talking about moving to Hawaii. He already had one of his sidereal radiation detectors installed in an the lava tubes of an extinct volcano on the island of Oahu; He also had a working relationship with the University of Hawaii, which had invited him to participate part in something called “DUMAND.” The Deep Underwater Muon and Neutrino Detection project had been formed to construct an apparatus in thirteen thousand feet of water on the floor of the ocean near the Big Island of Hawaii for the purpose of detecting neutrinos— the most elusive of all subatomic particles."

You yourself made a referrence to project DUMAND ((viewtopic.php?p=679&highlight=neutrinos#679):

"Neenie my dear, you have made my day.

And I thought of something that you might be interested in since you said that you visited Dr. Brown in Coronado. About the time that he was there the Navy had a big highfalootin project on the go they called "Project Dumand". I am sure that Paul has run across that and I hope I am not speaking out of turn regarding Dr. Browns story but this really has more to do with the Navy and your fish.

They spent millions building what they called " an array" of .... lets call them ... little pea- like sensors ..... which were to be submerged off of Hawaii so that "neutrinos" could be somehow registered. It cost the taxpayers millions of dollars and all kinds of time. And do you know one of the reasons that they had to discontinue the program? The fish kept eating the sensors!

Any other stories out there regarding Project DUMAND? Nobody was laughing then...... but its worth a good belly laugh now."

Again this might be a false lead, because you say: "Nobody was laughing then...... but its worth a good belly laugh now."

Neutrinos are very interesting and they attracted my attention, because a possible correlation to quantum tunneling and the uncle of Jacques Bergier.

From the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino)

"Neutrinos are elementary particles that travel close to the speed of light, lack an electric charge, are able to pass through ordinary matter almost undisturbed and are thus extremely difficult to detect.

The neutrino was first postulated in December 1930 by Wolfgang Pauli to preserve conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, and conservation of angular momentum in beta decay, the decay of a neutron into a proton and an electron and an antineutrino. However, the term chosen by Pauli for that then hypothetical particle was a "neutron". Subsequently, James Chadwick discovered the much more massive particle we know today as the neutron, and used the term originally coined by Pauli to name the particle that Chadwick had discovered. Pauli theorized that an undetected particle was carrying away the observed difference between the energy, momentum, and angular momentum of the initial and final particles."

And then let us look at quantum tunneling. From the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunneling):

"In quantum mechanics, quantum tunneling is a micro and nanoscopic phenomenon in which a particle violates the principles of classical mechanics by penetrating or passing through a potential barrier or impedance higher than the kinetic energy of the particle.[1] A barrier, in terms of quantum tunnelling, may be a form of energy state analogous to a "hill" or incline in classical mechanics, which classically suggests that passage through or over such a barrier would be impossible without sufficient energy.

By 1928, George Gamow had solved the theory of the alpha decay of a nucleus via tunneling. Classically, the particle is confined to the nucleus because of the high energy requirement to escape the very strong potential. Under this system, it takes an enormous amount of energy to pull apart the nucleus. In quantum mechanics, however, there is a probability the particle can tunnel through the potential and escape. Gamow solved a model potential for the nucleus and derived a relationship between the half-life of the particle and the energy of the emission."

And now the correlations:

a.) Neutrinos were discovered in connection with the so-called beta decay. George Gamow solved the theory of alpha decay of a nucleus via quantum tunneling. SUMMARY: Alpha decay - Beta decay of a nuclerus. The one was discovered in 1928, the other in 1930.

b.) "Neutrinos are elementary particles that travel close to the speed of light, lack an electric charge, are able to pass through ordinary matter almost undisturbed and are thus extremely difficult to detect."

+

"In quantum mechanics, quantum tunneling is a micro and nanoscopic phenomenon in which a particle violates the principles of classical mechanics by penetrating or passing through a potential barrier or impedance higher than the kinetic energy of the particle.[1] A barrier, in terms of quantum tunnelling, may be a form of energy state analogous to a "hill" or incline in classical mechanics, which classically suggests that passage through or over such a barrier would be impossible without sufficient energy."

We have the "Leitmotiv" of passing or penetrating in both instances.

c.) Wolfgang Ernst Pauli (April 25, 1900 – December 15, 1958) was an Austrian theoretical physicist noted for his work on spin theory, and for the discovery of the exclusion principle underpinning the structure of matter and the whole of chemistry. (Wikipedia)

Pauli was famous for his work on spin theory. And here comes the connection to Walter Gerlach - spin, magnetism, resonance, gravity, nuclear forces.

Further, Georges Gamow is related to Jacques Bergier (he was probably an excellent chemist). Bergier was a close friend of Dr. Sarbacher. I would really like to know more about Dr. Sarbacher's work! The references to him are very sketchy i. e. chapter 56: "Sarbacher, an eminent electronic scientist and nuclear physicist… he was a Navy consultant in electronics and development, and then he went to Georgia Tech in Atlanta to become, at thirty eight, dean of the graduate school."

You also mentioned Wolfgang Pauli and an entry from his diary on the board here, but I cannot find the post just right now. If you can please be so kind and help me.

Let me continue with the "Leitmotiv" of penetration and passing through via neutrinos and quantum tunneling.

Why are Hawaii and Dr. Brown so interesting? The DUMAND project and neutrinos + sidereal radiation – Dr. Brown had a sidereal radiation detector in one of the volcanos on Oahu!

Patrick Quillin made one very interesting observation regarding sidereal radiation " viewtopic.php?p=544&highlight=sidereal#544":

" One night after dinner, Doc said "would you like to see a speaker?" Sure. He brought out the strangest contraption that looked like a 2 foot squared box with a loose wire grid in the middle, then plugged it in to the stereo. It made a nice breeze as a fan and also provided exceptional sound as a speaker. Never saw anything like it in my life. That was when I began realizing that my Doc was no normal employer. Doc began speaking of sidereal radiation, some electro-magnetic beam that emanated from the center of the universe and could not be shielded by any material or thickness of mountain. Doc found that the sidereal radiation 'beat' cleanly as well on the surface of the earth as it did deep within a cave in Hawaii. Doc spent some time trying to figure out the meaning of sidereal radiation, including trying to plot major shifts in the stock market against the sidereal readings that he was constantly monitoring. Doc once told me that he thought the Egyptians built the pyramids because dragging large rocksslabs across the desert would lessen the gravity and weight of the rocks, which could then be lifted in to place on the pyramids by a few men."

Now if this isn't interesting! Again for your convenience: "Doc began speaking of sidereal radiation, some electro-magnetic beam that emanated from the center of the universe and could not be shielded by any material or thickness of mountain."

And the neutrinos:

"Neutrinos are elementary particles that travel close to the speed of light, lack an electric charge, are able to pass through ordinary matter almost undisturbed and are thus extremely difficult to detect."

And look what Robert Beckwith has to say in his paper "A Force Model of the Universe and the role of Neutrinos", chapter 3, p. 9:

"The neutrinos do not go straight through material but bounce around gathering information."

Do you now see it! The neutrinos don't just pass through – they also gather information about that which they penetrate!

Do you see the connection with sidereal radiation? And didn't somebody say that the communication-aspect of Dr. Brown's work was far more important than anyone thought?

What is the perfect communication device? That which can pick up signals of a ray or radiation that can pass through everything and carries the information of that which they pass through.

And doesn't sidereal radiation also have a gravitational and temporal aspect? Chapter 20:

"The article then addresses Brown’s continuing interest in the sort of fluctuations in the “cosmic force” his apparatus released, what he called “Sidereal Radiation,” and how he was using his invention to...

…measure changes in the gravitational field caused by the motion of the earth and the relationship to the earth of the sun, moon and planets.

Now we’re getting a hint of one of the themes that would preoccupy Townsend Brown for the rest of his life, his determination to find the source of these fluctuations and accurately measure their affect on the Earth’s gravitational field:

“The greatest distortion in the gravitational field… comes when the sun and moon is in the line of horizontal action of his gravitational cells — that is, at the time of the rising or setting sun or moon. The exception to this is when sun and moon are opposite and therefore neutralize each other in part. The maximum distortion… comes when the sun and moon rise or set together, thus acting in conjunction."

And what was Dr. Brown interested in during the last years of his life – chapter 80:

"His other continuing interest was the phenomenon he had first encountered in the 1920s, the mysterious fluctuations he called "Sidereal Radiation." He established a number of monitoring stations at a variety of locations around the world, including Hawaii and Mexico. Between these two pursuits -- sidereal radiation and petro-voltaics, it seems his travel never let up, despite his advancing years and declining health."

And with petro-voltaics we are again with Jacques Bergier and piezo-electrical effects. Have to do more research on this! Have to see more about how sidereal radiation, quantum tunneling, neutrinos, etc. are connected to Kozyrev and his theory!

Let me know your thoughts.

AM
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM

Post by AM »

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET Chapter 71:

"Generally speaking (and grossly oversimplifying) a “tunnel diode” is a device that employs something called “quantum tunneling” — the ability of an electron to jump from one place to another without appearing to actually transit through the space in between. But even that general description serves little purpose, since, as Morgan points out, “TTB’s tunnel diode is amazingly different than the one that is mentioned in open sources."

The potential of quantum tunneling and the principle of penetration or passing through or just simply appearing at the other side for:

- communication - the communicational aspect of Dr. Brown's work

- teleportation, time travel, etc.

And here is where our Mr. Flow comes in, because he so creatively connected both aspects in the following post of his:

"FTM...Part one. A device capable of forming an electromagnetic envelope within the medium around the object to be transported. Specialized feild generators would be generally used.

Part two...An electrogravitic device, which can be quite small and is included within the object to be transported. Targeting and vectoring of the traveling object is accomplished through employment of electrogravitics. In electrogravitics all channels are open for two-way communication on a continuous basis. The entire protective envelope is vectored and transported and the object arrives transparently and instantaneously.

Put the two together and I believe you've got a FTM.

flow...."

And don't forget that according to Dr. Brown sidereal radiation has:

a.) the ability to pass through anything and cannot be shielded in any way

b.) gravitational and temporal aspects.

Read again the post of Flow. Connect the dotes. Think of the "Leitmotiv".

AND WHAT WAS DR. BROWN INTERESTED IN DURING THE REST OF HIS LIFE - SIDEREAL RADIATION!!!

The second major interest was petrovoltaics. This is also extremely important.

AM
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

You need to slow down a little there AM. Way too much, way too fast.

For someone with no technical backround and into linguistics, you seem to be enamoured with the technical.

So,,,, what's the story?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
AM

Post by AM »

Yes, I am indeed a little bit fast. Yes, I am enamoured with the technical and tempted perhaps to parallely enage in these studies.

Sorry, for loading the cart so full, but when the inspiration comes I simply have to write. On the other hand, when there are no sparks flying I cannot force myself to bring something to paper.

AM
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Am,
At the dawning of the age of Aquarious?
I recognise you, did straight away.
kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

Please forgive me everyone. I cannot stop it. I must say something more.

CONNECT what I wrote above with the following seminal articles (you can find them at the Qualight-site):

"T. Townsend Brown Studies Sidereal Radiation"

"On the Possibilities of Optical-frequency Gravitational Radiation"

It's all there, but you must read very carefully. DR. BROWN WAS BEYOND GENIUS! A TRUE TITAN OF A MAN!

AM
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.