"The Caroline Group"

A general discussion re: the (secret?) consortium which seems to have influenced the life and work of Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Unknown Knowns

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: But I doubt that he personally attached his own self worth to the nice and expensive things that surrounded him at the time.
As Victoria has eloquently observed, for this group, money is the means, not the end. And that's just the beginning.

Seems to me that we are trying to stuff the "Caroline Group" in a box and slap a label on it. And somehow I don't think thats the way this works at all. I just don't understand yet how it is different. Like you said. I probably already KNOW , I just don't see it yet.
Or, actually, you just don't see that you see it.* You just said it, above. In a world driven by the profit motive, the mentality you've identified stands out like a golden beacon.

--PS

*Rumseld's unstated fourth axiom (he stopped at three): after the things we know we know, the things we know we don't know, and the things we don't know we don't know, are the most important knowns of all: the things we don't know we know. The unknown knowns. We're all swimming in them.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

how old? how big

Post by Victoria Steele »

I guess its worth asking, though I don't think that the answer will be forthcoming. How big do you think this Caroline Group is? LindaB seems to think that it is an expanding situation but as the older ones drop away perhaps it could be getting smaller? Do they increase their numbers in times of war and stress?

Are they increasing their membership now? If so, that gives me an uncanny and uncomfortable feeling. Like Mikado says, what happens in 2012? (Other than some ancient calandars coming to the end of their cycles. Some say its the end of the world .... I would rather add the words "as we know it". So what might happen in the years between now and then?

One thing that I have figured out by now. This Caroline Group is one helluva bunch of long range planners. They seem to know what is coming in our future and work toward moderating it. And that is worrisome because they SEEM to be on the move again. So what is upcoming? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: how old? how big

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:I guess its worth asking, though I don't think that the answer will be forthcoming. How big do you think this Caroline Group is?
Of course, specifics are not possible in a realm such as this, but of this much I am pretty certain. This "group" of which we speak is "international" in its scope (if not "intergalactic"), and "timeless" at its core.

At least, 'reliable sources' have told me so.

Are they increasing their membership now?
Hard to say....any changes in your own personal situation lately that might offer a clue?
Some say its the end of the world .... I would rather add the words "as we know it".
And that would be a bad thing because.....??
So what is upcoming?
How 'bout a "shift of planetary consciousness" ? Long overdue, if you ask me.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: from my viewpoint

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:I wonder if there are "Caroline members" who only stay for a few years and operate on a limited level of "need to know"?. What would that be like I wonder?
Hmmmm, Try looking at some of the names I posted.
Victoria Steele wrote: Obviously Dr. Brown was in it for life and I believe Morgan too ... so you ask, who is their CEO? Now thats a real good question.
Even a squad of 8 in a platoon have a squad leader.
Victoria Steele wrote: How big an organization do you think that this is Mikado?
What ever is required to fulfill a mission
Victoria Steele wrote: Or are we looking at all of this the wrong way? Seems to me that we are trying to stuff the "Caroline Group" in a box and slap a label on it.
I'm not proposing that at all, I am just throwing questions about. But if I were, what label do you believe belongs on them.

Victoria Steele wrote: And somehow I don't think thats the way this works at all.
And neither do I

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

what Mr. Twigsanpper says

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I think that we have all come to realize that when Mr. Twigsnapper tells us something it is IMPORTANT. Now whether we are ready for that information is really a gauge on how much of it we absorb. As Mikado and others have repeated, you can't teach until the student is ready to learn. I KNOW that he has been trying to teach us alot and this last message

viewtopic.php?p=3194#3194

is a prime example of that. And since this is the section on " The Caroline Group" maybe we need to get down to the center of what the "Caroline Group" may actually be? Are we ready? I don't know. Lets go find out!

Mr. Twigsnapper said:

"What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?"

Anybody want to talk about what he might mean here? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

At "The Core"

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:
viewtopic.php?p=3194#3194

Mr. Twigsnapper said:

"What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?"

Anybody want to talk about what he might mean here?
I hope people will take Elizabeth up on this challenge, because it is... well... it's really the whole ball of wax.

Everything that Twigsnapper has alluded to in the post that Elizabeth cites above echoes many of the things that Morgan has told me about what we are calling "The Caroline Group." Or, more precisely, what Morgan refers to as the Caroline "core."

I admit, it's a bit daunting to think that there is some consciousness following and/or watching me through the course of any given day. But I think what Twigsnapper and Morgan mean is that the "force" they speak of follows us collectively, not necessarily indvidually.

Well, that too.

Discuss.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

failed the mission

My husand just jumped into the conversation here and said that he had seen that airing of " The UNIT" (damn, I wish I had!) But he said it was excellent. The "kid" was declined entry into " the unit" because he had tried to save the life of a comrade who had fallen. They told him he had failed because he had put the life of that one man ahead of the mission and the mission should have come first ..... but some how he stood up against them and understood that , no matter what it had looked like, he had fulfilled the mission and had seen the proper path. Turned out that the rest of it was disinformation, his buddy hadn't really been killed , it had all been a test of sorts .... and by standing on his own two feet .... he had actually passed. Damn, I wish I had seen it. Anybody help out here because I think I have effectively mashed up the story line.

But somehow I think that episode will tell us much about the role of "The Caroline Core" and US. Paul? did you see it? Can we get a copy to look over somehow? Taking Mr. Twigsanppers words apart and he wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't really important. Damn. Why did I miss it? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

"The Unit"

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:But I happened to hear a line on TV last night. It was from "The Unit", which I feel a certain kinship to. The "Unit" had put one of its recruits through a battery of confusing tests of disinformation and mental turns. .... the kid saw through it all ..... passed and was accepted .... but it wasn't easy .... and the line from the older instructor was " You think I am going to put my life in the hands of someone I can outsmart?"
Great line. And "happened to hear." Yeah, right...

I thought "The Unit" had been cancelled since I haven't seen ANY promos for it all year. But, then, I do tend to skip through the commercials with my TiVo. Besides, we're more "24" fans (my wife is on a first-name basis with "Jack").

Anyway, I've added "The Unit" to my TiVo recordings list and will try to keep track of the episodes. The rest of you might want to follow suit. Methinks Mr. Twigsnapper might be speaking to us through that vehicle (or he wouldn't have mentioned it...).

Find a copy? I dunno. Easier said than done. A pity we have to wait until summer for a re-run of that particular episode.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: "The Unit"

Post by Paul S. »

Paul S. wrote:
twigsnapper wrote:But I happened to hear a line on TV last night. It was from "The Unit", which I feel a certain kinship to. The "Unit" had put one of its recruits through a battery of confusing tests of disinformation and mental turns. .... the kid saw through it all ..... passed and was accepted .... but it wasn't easy .... and the line from the older instructor was " You think I am going to put my life in the hands of someone I can outsmart?"
Great line. And "happened to hear." Yeah, right...

I thought "The Unit" had been cancelled since I haven't seen ANY promos for it all year. But, then, I do tend to skip through the commercials with my TiVo. Besides, we're more "24" fans (my wife is on a first-name basis with "Jack").

Anyway, I've added "The Unit" to my TiVo recordings list and will try to keep track of the episodes. The rest of you might want to follow suit. Methinks Mr. Twigsnapper might be speaking to us through that vehicle (or he wouldn't have mentioned it...).

And, I've just learned that CBS makes entire episodes of most of its shows available from a website called "innertube," and it looks like the episode that Twigsnapper cited is available there. It's kinds screwy to navigate the site, but follow the links that say "view full episode" until you find the one called "Natural Selection." That is the episode that was broadcast last Tuesday, 11/14/06.

This URL might help: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_unit/synopses/

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Thoughts on the Caroline Group

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote: What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?
Like an Angel? Or other worldly being? Or my cat? When you say Vested Interest, do you mean someone whose life (or livelihood) depends on your decision, or someone who can alter my path? Hm. Much to chew on there.
The tough part here might be that the kid walking along that dangerous road doesn't even know that he has company now (and HAS HAD for every step he has ever made.) He thinks he is alone.
WELL, I've never though that I was alone. Too many things happening in my life (previous to all of THIS) and presently, that are just too coincidental to be COINCIDENTAL. You know what I mean?
And what of the "company"? What would you even call it? Extraterrestrial might be appropriate if it would mean "even MORE of this Earth"
From my own POV, the "company" could be called anything you want. It's not the specifics that matter; it's what you do with that information.
Hey folks what do you expect from an old man ywho has spent the weekend at a UFO conference?

AHA!!! A haha! So you were there!
But I happened to hear a line on TV last night. It was from "The Unit", which I feel a certain kinship to. The "Unit" had put one of its recruits through a battery of confusing tests of disinformation and mental turns. .... the kid saw through it all ..... passed and was accepted .... but it wasn't easy .... and the line from the older instructor was " You think I am going to put my life in the hands of someone I can outsmart?" twigsnapper

To me, it means that there can be more than one right path and also that the path most choose may not always be the "best" path. I see many who choose the most expedient or self-preserving path (nothing wrong w/ that), but choosing to save a friend, even if it was not a situation warranting such noble behavior, IS HONORABLE. I've never watched that show before. I think I'll tune in next Tuesday.

Isn't that show based on a book? Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney. I've heard very good things about that book. I'll see if I can find it at my library.

But we digress. I wanted to discuss the Caroline Group not their social and economical implications. I'll see if I can find the links from the forums.

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

what we "call it" doesn't matter

LB Lovely,

I think that you are entirely right in this, What we decided amongst ourselves to "call it" really has no bearing on anything. Call IT anything you want I should think, as long as you recognize its existance and importance in your ( all of our lives) back soon ....... Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

The Right Stuff

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

I was right, the show is based on that book by CSM, USA (Ret) Eric Haney. It is the story of America's elite Counterterrorism Unit, a military memoir. I wonder, if Mr. Twigsnapper wrote his memoirs, if it would look anything like what's in the book, and TV show? Hence your interest.

Did you have to go through the same thing as "Bob" did? Outside of basic training, a sort of weeding out of those who did not have "the Right STUFF?"

I'd imagine the members of the CORE of the Caroline Group, as Morgan puts it, would have gone through the same or similar situations.

LindaB (LBL)

Oh, and one more thing. I viewed the episode of The Unit. Nicely done. If you like that show, Mr. Twigsnapper, you'll like the movie, Spartan, starring Val Kilmer. Rentable on DVD now.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Core?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I have noticed that you seem to differentiate between " Caroline members" which seem to be of differing ranks and involvement and what you have called a couple of times, the core.

So is the "core" (whatever intelligence that is) this thing that is our company, unseen on this road Elizabeth. Is that what you have seen and is that what you mean Mr. Twigsnapper? You said:

"What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?

The tough part here might be that the kid walking along that dangerous road doesn't even know that he has company now (and HAS HAD for every step he has ever made.) He thinks he is alone."

Now that has to be the most loaded message that we probably ever had come across in this forum! As LindaB said. Thats alot to chew on!

Strangely though I FEEL that there is some truth in all of this and the more we talk about it the more clear it will become. Like cleaning a darkened glass.

Its going to mean that we must look at things from a different than ego centric point of view. Big shift. This is interesting, and thats an understatment! Mark C
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: representing others

Post by Mikado14 »

Good Day Mr. Twigsnappper! Whether or not you have been waiting for a response, I have watched and now offer up.
twigsnapper wrote:
What if you are not alone on that road? What if there is another intelligence that counts on you to make the right choices? What if there is a "force" that has lived alongside you as you walked this road? It has a , whats a good phrase ? "VESTED INTEREST" in the the choices that you make?
"Alone" is more of the Id and is a physical manifestation.
"intelligence"? Ok, I'll accept that interpretation. I also can see how you could use the word "counts" but another word, in my opinion would be "hope". "count" implies the application of something that has been taught and that the student will apply that which has been taught. Otherwise we could possibly be looking at preodination.
Force? An intelligent force, why do I feel a sense of deja vue?
Now this opens up a whole new can, I'll wait on this one.

twigsnapper wrote: The tough part here might be that the kid walking along that dangerous road doesn't even know that he has company now (and HAS HAD for every step he has ever made.) He thinks he is alone.

Perhaps the kid on the road has sensed this company but has never been able to actually recognize it.

And what of the "company"? What would you even call it? Extraterrestrial might be appropriate if it would mean "even MORE of this Earth"
The "kid" in your statement will instigate some parochial thinking if read wrongly. i.e. Guarding Angels, spirit guides, etc. but perhaps........but then again, the word "Extraterrestrial" shows parochial thinking in what you are describing.
twigsnapper wrote: Hey folks what do you expect from an old man who has spent the weekend at a UFO conference?
You sir are an old soul only.

I believe that you have been influenced, as well as proven to, by one of Dr. Brown's compatriots. And Elizabeth called me sly? You are the Master.

Respectfully,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

a studemts words

Mikado,

Thank you for the time that you spend on all of this. Your insights are always SO appreciated.

words. words, words.

I am struck by the fact that you are looking so carefully at the exact words that Mr. Twigsnapper has chosen to use. I believe that is very important. As we all have realized by now, Mr. Twigsnapper uses his words sparingly. Short punches as opposed to long ones .... oh, a side message on that score, before I forget. I can share with you all that Mr. Twigsnapper used to be a boxer in his younger days. (He wanted Victoria to know thatespecially) So, I am not sure what that message means Victoria but there ya go. He stressed that in a boxers world the important thing always is that for every punch there is ALWAYS a follow up punch. I learn stuff every day, but of course thats pretty darned obvious.

"Counts on you" to me is an important phrase. So is "vested interest" and I agree with you Mikado that HOPE is a good connecting word but I am not sure that it covers everything there. I could "HOPE" that my child would grow up to be a good student. But here it is more than that. There is the quality of expectation in the phrase " count on you". Now I am the standard bearer for HOPE and expect I always will be, but there is more than that involved here. Am I seeing what he said in the wrong light? Comments? Elizabeth