Greetings - And Introductions, Please?

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Questions

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Hi Bulwark,

Qualight was formed to continue the work of Townsend Brown as well as follow other avenues of research. At the present time, we are primarily involved in research and development. The educational aspects are projected for the future, but as I was telling Mikado, the inclusion of educational institutions is currently not an official function, although we are always in search of those unique individuals who fit the profile stated in the mission statement.

We considered the non-profit avenue, but that structure involves significant outside oversight and dispensation of R&D data, which we did not want. With a for-profit structure, we can accomplish the same beneficial goals without the release of proprietary data. Funding comes from a variety of sources. The specifics of the company, I am not at liberty to divulge at this time. I hope you (and others) will understand.

Tlingit is a native American language, spoken by Southeast Alaskans and Western Canadians. It is a branch of the Na-dene family of languages which include Eyat and Navajo, I believe. Are you Tlingit?

I have never heard of the legend of conceiving under the Northern Lights. But that sounds like fun :wink:

So if you have no word for goodbye in Tlingit, what's the closest to "see you later"? If you are bilingual, that's awesome, b/c I believe it is listed as an endangered language.

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Thanks

Post by Bulwark »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:Hi Bulwark,

Qualight was formed to continue the work of Townsend Brown as well as follow other avenues of research. At the present time, we are primarily involved in research and development. The educational aspects are projected for the future, but as I was telling Mikado, the inclusion of educational institutions is currently not an official function, although we are always in search of those unique individuals who fit the profile stated in the mission statement.

We considered the non-profit avenue, but that structure involves significant outside oversight and dispensation of R&D data, which we did not want. With a for-profit structure, we can accomplish the same beneficial goals without the release of proprietary data. Funding comes from a variety of sources. The specifics of the company, I am not at liberty to divulge at this time. I hope you (and others) will understand.
That's impressive. Then if you are continuing the work of Brown does that mean that you have an agreement with the family? Who are the surviving members of his family? If you are searching for individuals does that mean that you are hiring people? Also, who or what is a Mikado? Do you mean Mikado14 on the forum?

So, do you have an active part in the research?

I wuold think that a nonprofit would afford opportunities for funding from various sources, unless of course your in it for the money.
LongboardLOVELY wrote: Tlingit is a native American language, spoken by Southeast Alaskans and Western Canadians. It is a branch of the Na-dene family of languages which include Eyat and Navajo, I believe. Are you Tlingit?
Nope, born and bred in West Virginia and moved out of the lower 48. I will say this, if I were tlingit (pronounced klingit) you would have insulted me with the previous statement, but I'm not so you didn't.
LongboardLOVELY wrote: I have never heard of the legend of conceiving under the Northern Lights. But that sounds like fun :wink:
Actually, that is an oriental thing it isn't from uphere, we say it as a joke.
LongboardLOVELY wrote: So if you have no word for goodbye in Tlingit, what's the closest to "see you later"? If you are bilingual, that's awesome, b/c I believe it is listed as an endangered language.
There is no real writing, it is a phonetic type language and hard to write, endangered, yes, the younins don't have the want to learn it.
How about this:
waa saa iyatee (how are you?) (It is more polite to ask how one is)

Bulwark
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Hi Bulwark,

No insulting intended !!

Andrew and the Brown family have been friends for some time. I can't go into the details regarding the Brown's, but you will find from reading the forums that Townsend Brown's daughter has been instrumental in Paul's upcoming book. Without the combination of her personal experiences and Paul's research and authorship, we would not be here today.

I don't know any more about Mikado(14) than you, aside from his posts on the forums. I mention him, because I, Andrew and he were having a discussion over in the Science/Lifters thread regarding some of the same issues. You might want to read through those.

In a non-profit organization, different sources of funding are available, but there are strict rules requiring the release of resulting data to the general public, the amounts and sources of funding, and how and where funds can be spent in order to retain a 501(c) tax-exempt status. In general, it is more difficult to guide a non-profit organization along a desired path (but with a for-profit organization, you must pay back all source of funds - with interest !).

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

North to Alaska

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Bulwark,

Shoot, I didn't even get a chance to welcome you as I usually try to do with new members! Mr. Twigsnapper seemed to be right there so I sort of let him say welcome for me!

I have been working with Paul on the research side of this book but I have to admit I am woefully ignorant of things Alaskan. I have heard that the summers are wonderful, but unfortunately short ... people are independent and gracious. That the mosquitos can be ...... impressive .....How off base am I so far?

And what would draw a West Virginia fellow up there? I have known some who have become Salmon Fishermen, which I understand is about as dangerous as jobs need to be ...... and I have to confess I REALLY like the new show on TV called "Men in Trees" .... (but that might be an insult! I found it offbeat and charming.) Room for individuals on the show, which I expect is true in Alaska.

Just letting you know that I really do appreciate your input and your questions and will answer when I can.

Regarding the Brown family. The primary member of the Brown family is Linda Brown, of course. Unfortunately her brother Joseph Brown died several years ago. There are three grandchildren who are adults now and I am not sure how many great-grandchildren, currently. I am sure that Dr. Brown would have been very proud of all of them. Spokesman for the family? Definitely Linda Brown

Thankyou for joining. Looking forward to the next exchange! Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Re: North to Alaska

Post by Bulwark »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Bulwark,

Shoot, I didn't even get a chance to welcome you as I usually try to do with new members! Mr. Twigsnapper seemed to be right there so I sort of let him say welcome for me!

I have been working with Paul on the research side of this book but I have to admit I am woefully ignorant of things Alaskan. I have heard that the summers are wonderful, but unfortunately short ... people are independent and gracious. That the mosquitos can be ...... impressive .....How off base am I so far?
Not too far. I thought for sure that LongboardLOVELY would have figured out where I'm at since she knows so much about the Tlingits. Yeah, those mosquitos can be a nuisance but you adapt or go dry (lol) or enemic.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:
And what would draw a West Virginia fellow up there? I have known some who have become Salmon Fishermen, which I understand is about as dangerous as jobs need to be ...... and I have to confess I REALLY like the new show on TV called "Men in Trees" .... (but that might be an insult! I found it offbeat and charming.) Room for individuals on the show, which I expect is true in Alaska.
Well, I kinda had a run in with the West Virginia establishment and when I was free, I decided to start out and I ended up here.
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Just letting you know that I really do appreciate your input and your questions and will answer when I can.
I really thank you for that. LongboardLOVELY has been gracious. I really admire her husband and her for working day and night to bring this information and technology to the world. It is really admirable to reinvest both time and money with total disregard for themselves. So very existential.

Now, let me ask you. What is your stake here? Official welcome wagon? I noticed that you seem to have posted a lot. Are you Paul's wife? Do you help him from day to day? I think I read somewhere that you are his research assistant? If so, how long have you been doing it?

I have to stop doing this so many question routine. Can't help it. I do it everday on the radio.

Bulwark
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

answers

Bulwark,

What is my stake in this? I would like to see the story of Townsend and Josphine Brown properly told and not be obscured in the misinformation that seemed to be out there about him (ala " The Philadephia Experiment")

And Paul asked me to help. And it seemed that it would be an exciting project. (Now there is an understatement!)

No, Paul already has a lovely wife (Hello Ann!) .... but sometimes this association seems a little like a marriage. We both have our own ideas about digging for material and learning to "dance" through it all has been as difficult sometimes as a marriage can be.

Its been nearly five years now. Who'da thunk?

And I guess, since he is meant to keep his nose to the grindstone as much as possible that I have taken up the unofficial role as "hostess" on his behalf here on the forum. Its given me a chance to meet some extremely interesting people, as you can tell, and now are part of.

That help? I appreciate the direct questions. Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Bulwark wrote:

Not too far. I thought for sure that LongboardLOVELY would have figured out where I'm at since she knows so much about the Tlingits. Yeah, those mosquitos can be a nuisance but you adapt or go dry (lol) or enemic.
Bulwark, I know languages better than I know geography, but if I were to take a guess, you reside in the Alaskan Panhandle, likely close Ketchikan, Sitka (on one of the Alexander Archipelagos), or Juneau on the mainland.

It's so beautiful up there. When I was in high school, my family went on a cruise to Alaska. I have a friend also who has kayaked up there.
I really thank you for that. LongboardLOVELY has been gracious. I really admire her husband and her for working day and night to bring this information and technology to the world. It is really admirable to reinvest both time and money with total disregard for themselves. So very existential.
Thank you. The praise all belongs to Andrew, who has carried the torch for many, many years.
I have to stop doing this so many question routine. Can't help it. I do it everday on the radio.

Bulwark
If you don't ask, you won't get any answers (most of the time) :wink:

LongboardLOVELY
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Post by Bulwark »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:
Bulwark, I know languages better than I know geography, but if I were to take a guess, you reside in the Alaskan Panhandle, likely close Ketchikan, Sitka (on one of the Alexander Archipelagos), or Juneau on the mainland.

It's so beautiful up there. When I was in high school, my family went on a cruise to Alaska. I have a friend also who has kayaked up there.

If you know languages as you say, than you already know from my previous post, I gave the english of the Tlingit.
LongboardLOVELY wrote:
Thank you. The praise all belongs to Andrew, who has carried the torch for many, many years.
Now that's not true. Anyone can see that you must be the woman behind the man. At least that is what I have been told. I keep turning around and looking but I can't see if there is one behind me. I can tell from reading the posts that you are the force in that team.

Bulwark
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

people behind you

Post by twigsnapper »

Bulwark,

Its always nice to find that trusted companion standing behind you. Good to keep looking.

Thing about questions. They are interesting tools.

A child asks questions that are simple and forthright (and tough, usually because children are the original scientists), Then as you get further along what seems to be a simple and direct question can take on a different flavor according to the agenda of the interviewer. Some questions are not so much actual questions but statements of fact with a question mark attatched. Usually used in teaching to dredge information which a teacher knows a student should have stored in their brains somewhere. Its not asked because the answer is not known ,its asked to generate a response. Some call it "pinging" ... as in what a sub might do to see what comes back.

Now in my various lines of work I have learned that some pings generate valid responses and some generate carefully designed falsehoods which must be discerned and then evaluated. Its the same fior every single ping one sends out there because disinformation finds its way back ... whether intentionally generated or not. From my own personal experience, I was asked once if I could swim. Now I was young, I wanted the "job" (but at the time I didn't really know what it was) I answered quickly "of course I can" thinking to myself " Sure I can swim ...... for a few seconds ..." but you see, I didn't go into that. So I speak from experience here.

Just a note from an old warhorse that has heard his share. Enjoying the interaction. twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

speaking from experience

Mr. Twigsnapper,

How very nice to hear from you Sir. And I smiled when you mentioned your response to being asked if you could swim. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of reading Pauls retelling of that particular experience please take a look at this chapter.

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... esson.html

And Bulwark

You really should read the whole thing, especially you I think because it might answer some of the questions you may be developing to ask Mr. Twigsnapper. I think that you will find this chapter fascinating. Of course our Mr. Twigsnapper here on the forum has been named Mr. O'Riley" for the purpose of the book.

My special favorite parts? Try

“The crews were assembled and trained in Scotland,â€
Radomir
Senior Cadet

pinging

Post by Radomir »

There's another thing about pinging, Mr. Twigsnapper, which is that the object pinged may not know how to interpret that ping.

(Sometimes that's part of the teacher's test, intentional, I'm sure. Let's see how the subject deals with ambiguity...The student's response to an ambiguous ping may tell more about that person than any ten direct questions.)

Is being pinged an invitation, or a threat, or neutral, or some combination of possibilities yet too complex to be known?

Was the ping received even meant for you, or sent with some other intended target or purpose?

The choice about how to respond to being pinged includes actions such as freeze, continue course running silent, running away, approach, or signal.

And the final decision regarding response is often based on a paucity of information and gut instinct, with almost no time to consciously react.

"Can you swim?"

"Yes sir!"

"I see you."

"I am seen."

Warm regards,

R.
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Re: people behind you

Post by Bulwark »

twigsnapper wrote: Thing about questions. They are interesting tools.

A child asks questions that are simple and forthright (and tough, usually because children are the original scientists), Then as you get further along what seems to be a simple and direct question can take on a different flavor according to the agenda of the interviewer. Some questions are not so much actual questions but statements of fact with a question mark attatched. Usually used in teaching to dredge information which a teacher knows a student should have stored in their brains somewhere. Its not asked because the answer is not known ,its asked to generate a response. Some call it "pinging" ... as in what a sub might do to see what comes back.

Just a note from an old warhorse that has heard his share. Enjoying the interaction. twigsnapper
Questions, what is a question? A search? and for what? Truth? or a Lie? We ask questions expecting an answer that is truthful but how can we be sure? If we ping into that darkness that is ignorance, how can we be sure that the pong that is answered is truth? Will that not bring forth from that well another question? By what litmus test do we use when measuring that pong?

To ask a question is to shine that beacon into the darkness and what is reflected back may be truth or a phantom of the truth that falls upon the retina and is interpreted as to what it is, it is the mind that alters the perception. Then when the pong is received our own mind is the litmus that completes the answer.

Bulwark
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Patience

Post by Bulwark »

To: Chris Knight

Seated on Lotus Flower jutting out of the navel of Lord Vishnu, Brahmaji was in deep contemplation as to how to go about his assignment of Creation? While thus entranced he heard an oracle, which was, saying "Do penance! Do penance!" Treating the oracle as Divine command Brahmaji engaged himself in Tapasya. He did penance of unimaginable magnitude for a long time, which empowered Him to undertake the Herculean task of Creation. Thus Brahmaji our primordial Creator teaches us by example that everything worthwhile can be accomplished only through persistent, single-pointed industriousness and effort.

Also, humility can go a long way and reinforce the character, may you become stronger.

Bulwark
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

thrashing about

Post by Mikado14 »

LongboardLOVELY wrote: I don't know any more about Mikado(14) than you, aside from his posts on the forums. I mention him, because I, Andrew and he were having a discussion over in the Science/Lifters thread regarding some of the same issues. You might want to read through those.
Since you have asked obliquely, what would you like to know about Mikado14?

I am still waiting to see the answer to Bulwarks question about having an agreement with the Brown family, since your website does say "Official".

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Bulwark
Space Cadet

mother may I?

Post by Bulwark »

Mikado14 wrote:
LongboardLOVELY wrote: I don't know any more about Mikado(14) than you, aside from his posts on the forums. I mention him, because I, Andrew and he were having a discussion over in the Science/Lifters thread regarding some of the same issues. You might want to read through those.
Since you have asked obliquely, what would you like to know about Mikado14?

I am still waiting to see the answer to Bulwarks question about having an agreement with the Brown family, since your website does say "Official".

Mikado
How about me Mikado? Do I get to throw my ticket into the hat? Will you pull my question forth? How about you? Why do you question LongboardLovely about being the "Official" Brown website? They wouldn't put it there if it wasn't true for that would be the basis of a lawsuit, it is called fraud and Chris Knight and LongboardLOVELY do not appear to be those types of individuals, they are dedicated.

Bulwark