Secrets unveiled

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: at my age

Post by Mikado14 »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:
Oh, now that is a coincidence! When's Mikado and Paul's birthdays? Mine is tomorrow, Nov 5, 196...
The second.
LongboardLOVELY wrote: I know what I want... TTB's scientific endeavors to be realized, Andrew to be vindicated!
I believe that that is the process taking place on here and elsewhere. Sit back and enjoy the ride and look at the scenery as it travels by.

Happy Birthday!

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

wonderful scenes

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado is right LindaB. We should all just enjoy the view. Happy Birthday!

Me? Miss this? Hardly! But this is Pauls time to be in the limelight. (Isn't he lucky! I am content to do what I do best. Take notes from the background.

I rather suspect that you are right, that it will take some time for it to sink in with people what has actually been presented and especially the implications of what Paul will have to say. It might even be weeks before the ripples start on the pond. But once started, they won't stop.

This is going to be amazing and gratifying to watch.

A Bed and Breakfast in Maine. Don't give up on that dream. Its a charming idea. (Put me down on your list for customers! I want to be on the first page of your reservation book. Can you imagine how much fun that would be? Think of your visitors!) Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: at my age

Post by Mikado14 »

LongboardLOVELY wrote: I know what I want... TTB's scientific endeavors to be realized, Andrew to be vindicated!
LongboardLOVELY
I need to ask this, what is it that Andrew would be vindicated of?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi Mikado,

It all started with a rather important professor of physics at Ohio University who said to me when I was an undergraduate there, "We know everything there is to know about capacitors. You wasting you time." That comment inspired me to engage in many, many other "discussions" from Rhode Island to Cal Tech (my other favorite comment is, "You don't know what you're talking about. You'd better go back and study your basic physics." That was from a well-known physics professor at Cal Tech). In general, I've found engineers have much more of a "let's give it a go" mentality, and have found some kindred spirits there.

In any case, I believe she's thinking of the time, energy, expense I've put into R&D of Brown's work over the years (she's stuck by me for eleven of those years). I'd like vindication for her as well - in the eyes of her friends and parents, etc. who think (and say) that the coupling between gravity and electromagnetism is a fruitless search.

I also wish vindication for Linda Brown, who has carried her father's memories for so long, and endured all of the (good and bad) interest that his public image has brought in her direction over the years. Paul's research will clarify many of the "why's" for her, and bring to her father the recognition he deserves.

Happy Birthday to yourself and Paul as well !

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

an expression

Post by twigsnapper »

There is an expression, an old one ..... which may not make any sense to you right now Andrew but will become more clear with time. Its Asian, I believe, and translates something akin to " Never use your own knife".

Now this is a public forum and there are many out there who will be saying " what the blank is he talking about". And some who will just nod. So be it.

In the future at some point Andrew you will see the meaning of it and how it has affected your work and your life. You have picked up a flag that was basically down in the dirt. You have picked it up .... you have swung it around the classic three times!Once for the people in the past! Once for the people who live now! and once for the future!

Now you are about to point that banner in a certain direction. Which way will it be? twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

vindication

Post by Mikado14 »

Chris Knight wrote:Hi Mikado,

It all started with a rather important professor of physics at Ohio University who said to me when I was an undergraduate there, "We know everything there is to know about capacitors. You wasting you time." That comment inspired me to engage in many, many other "discussions" from Rhode Island to Cal Tech (my other favorite comment is, "You don't know what you're talking about. You'd better go back and study your basic physics." That was from a well-known physics professor at Cal Tech). In general, I've found engineers have much more of a "let's give it a go" mentality, and have found some kindred spirits there.

In any case, I believe she's thinking of the time, energy, expense I've put into R&D of Brown's work over the years (she's stuck by me for eleven of those years). I'd like vindication for her as well - in the eyes of her friends and parents, etc. who think (and say) that the coupling between gravity and electromagnetism is a fruitless search.

I also wish vindication for Linda Brown, who has carried her father's memories for so long, and endured all of the (good and bad) interest that his public image has brought in her direction over the years. Paul's research will clarify many of the "why's" for her, and bring to her father the recognition he deserves.

Happy Birthday to yourself and Paul as well !

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

I really was asking your wife what she meant but your answer is fine.

Then I see it is of a personal nature.

Thanks,

Mikado
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

same old song

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Andrew and everybody.

Sounds that you had to listen to the same old song that was sung in Dr. Browns direction " Such a thing is impossible and not to be considered." Makes you wonder how many budding scientists and thinkers are squashed mentally by that sort of attitude. Thats a thought that haunts me sometimes. I liked your Qualite site, by the way. I can see how the way you were treated has helped you develop the urge to help students. Bravo!

One of the reasons that I am excited about the prospect of Pauls book being published. I'd like to see it in every high school library in the country! Maybe that would be a proper tribute to the people whose lives have helped fill the pages. Of course I am thinking particularly of the two young students who met in that library so long ago. (I think thats Chapter Two, not sure)

I think that Andrew made the statement that it would be nice to see Linda "vindicated" for all of the effort and the hardship that she has gone through but I'll just bet that being proven that she did the right thing by standing by her parents, her father particularly, she probably did without ever considering that someone would notice someday. And I imagine that Morgan feels the same way. In his line of work, if he hasn't retired , he certainly wouldn't be interested in gaining any recognition for himself. Even less likely after retirement, probably. I picture him getting a tan on some remote island. But I think I got that from memories of "Dr. No" or something similar.

Which brings up the question Paul. What does Morgan think of your efforts so far? Do you have to run any of this material past him for an OK? Has he ever interferred with what you wanted to write? How do you know where the boundaries are? I imagine that there have to be things that you have learned that you can not say? Mark C.
grinder
Senior Officer

ditto on that

Post by grinder »

Paul,

Ditto on what Mark asked above.

Since you have basically left us alone to our own devices I have been concentrating on Chapter 37 where, (I think that you have admitted! you sort of "whine" through the chapter. Poor writer! How tough things must be when people tell you one thing and then you find out through other sources that its not what you thought it was. Mind explosions you said! I can see that.

But in rereading the Chapter I wonder just how hard it has been for Mr. Twigsnapper and others to supply you with information. And then, if they see you veering off course, can they correct you without saying stuff that they can't say?

This missing finger event is interesting to me now that I have been away from it for quite awhile and maybe (to the extent that anyone will, maybe) gotten to "know " Mr. Twigsnapper a little better

Why would he tell you about the "finger being taken off", and the man held as "ransom?" If its not Dr. Brown, is it important to know who it is? Or (going out on a limb here) is he showing you a scenario that was a common thread?

Like all good parables. When a person can't be told straight out, its better to talk about fast rabbits and slow turtles. Does anyone see what I am getting at? anyway guys. Take a harder look, with wiser eyes at Chapter 37

"So, which account is wrong? The news article from 1936, or the dating of the pictures from 1937? And, if the photo date is wrong and the newspaper story is correct, then… what are we to make of the 1945 Germany account? If the “scientistâ€
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

reviewing Chapter 37

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

I know that you will be too busy preparing for Vegas to spend too much time on this subject, but when you get home?

I have reread the chapter and then the forum responses to that chapter and sheeze. Talk about a firestorm of comments!

But something grinder just said rang some bells with me. The " Why would they tell you that story about the end of the war and a "scientist" being ransomed, his finger taken off? And I have to agree.Why would "they" have told you that? There has to be a reason that we are just not seeing yet.

So, everybody out there. While Paul is doing his thing in Vegas, if you don't have any thing to do I invite you to join me in looking at Chapter 37 VERY CLOSELY. Something is hidden there and Paul just got so carried away with his line of thinking being jarred that he overlooked it? Could I be right Paul? Look at all the information that was let out after that! But Paul, you seemed to focus on its credibility?

I mean. deciding that your "hearsay source " is credible or not is really beyond the issue isn't it? You wanted information. "They" gave you strong information. At least look at what was said and what it might have meant. Prove it out yourself? Am I right?

The reason that I mentioned that is my interest in Josephines activities. And here you have the lead that she was drawn into this world with Stephenson too. Anyone actually asked why a sweet teenager (or early twenties) lady would throw herself into a dangerous world like that?

And guys, While you are at it pay very careful attention to the little things that Mr. Twigsnapper says on the forum side of that chapter.

Somethings there. I just don't know what it is yet, Help!!! Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

releasing information a special way.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I just found this post from you grinder. You are BRILLIANT. Here it is again because it needs to be read again by all of us. Don't know what hit you when you posted this grinder but you were right on!

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:00 pm Post subject: thinking outside my box

Now you have me thinking outside of my box.

Paul. Maybe the mere fact that you are running out of solid information on the surface is INTENTIONAL. Maybe you are meant to go into this second phase not talking about proof but talking about your own personal THEORIES.

What Victoria said just might really be true. What if the military decided that what you were presenting as FACT is a matter of national security? What would happen to your book then? I shudder to think.

Mikado said that he felt that there was a plan in place that started a long time ago and maybe, just maybe I am catching sight of it. Or I have gone off my rocker, or both?

IF DR. BROWN HAD SOME CONTROL OF EVENTS IN THE PAST TO EFFECT EVENTS IN THE FUTURE THEN HE WOULD KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NEEDED. He actually could have been supplying you with what you have needed, as you have needed it!

And Dr. Brown, if he was the genius I believe he was, above all others, would realize what the dangers of giving you too much information too soon. Information would have to flow to you in decidedly different ways. Unexpected ways. Ways that couldn't be seen by the normal military establishment. Then the toughest part would be for you to decide how to present that material to others THAT WOULD SOMEHOW PROTECT IT, BUT ANNOUNCE IT AT THE SAME TIME.

Showing up at a "Crashed UFO conference" really fits the bill. In fact , its BRILLIANT. Somebody else? Oh, I just can't wait! grinder

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF WHAT HE HAS SEEN HERE. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: releasing information a special way.

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:.

Mikado said that he felt that there was a plan in place that started a long time ago and maybe, just maybe I am catching sight of it. Or I have gone off my rocker, or both?

IF DR. BROWN HAD SOME CONTROL OF EVENTS IN THE PAST TO EFFECT EVENTS IN THE FUTURE THEN HE WOULD KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NEEDED. He actually could have been supplying you with what you have needed, as you have needed it!

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF WHAT HE HAS SEEN HERE. Elizabeth
My dearest Elizabeth, been awhile since we have beat our heads, huh?

Here comes a work of fiction, if only to spark imagination.

It was a beautiful day on Catalina Island. He awoke as he always did and looked out upon the water. His thoughts were of the currents in the bay. Always moving and carrying in one direction and then in another and he reminisced upon the similarities with time. Time, something that was running out. Turning from the view of the bay he stepped through the door and to his desk. The pile of journals and reports along with his flow charts were staring back at him. He turned and went into the bathroom, when he was done he readied himself for the long journey, the last journey, for it was finally time.

Twenty years ago, he hand picked his mercury. The one to carry the message, the standard bearer who would bring forth a new era of new ideas and technology but this too would wait for another twenty or so years to transpire.

Can anyone see where this is headed? Remember, it is only fiction.

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: reviewing Chapter 37

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:Paul,

But something grinder just said rang some bells with me. The " Why would they tell you that story about the end of the war and a "scientist" being ransomed, his finger taken off? And I have to agree.Why would "they" have told you that? There has to be a reason that we are just not seeing yet.
Because it is probably true.
Victoria Steele wrote:So, everybody out there. While Paul is doing his thing in Vegas, if you don't have any thing to do I invite you to join me in looking at Chapter 37 VERY CLOSELY. Something is hidden there and Paul just got so carried away with his line of thinking being jarred that he overlooked it? Could I be right Paul? Look at all the information that was let out after that! But Paul, you seemed to focus on its credibility?

I mean. deciding that your "hearsay source " is credible or not is really beyond the issue isn't it? You wanted information. "They" gave you strong information. At least look at what was said and what it might have meant. Prove it out yourself? Am I right?
Paul and credibility, go together like a horse and carriage(must be sung to). Back to reality, Why was Paul sent the Email? Why was he chosen? Want a few more questions my dear? ( I know you have them so go ahead and fire), but then, stop shaking the presents and just listen to your thoughts, you have your answer.
Victoria Steele wrote: And guys, While you are at it pay very careful attention to the little things that Mr. Twigsnapper says on the forum side of that chapter.

Somethings there. I just don't know what it is yet, Help!!! Victoria
I always pay attention to everything he says, even minutia. And when he tells it in a story, even better.

Speaking of that, whose move is it Mr. Twigsnapper?

Mikado
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

stepping out of the shadows

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

My turn.

Mercury steps out of the shadows and unlocks the door. The year is not what you would expect. Tides go both ways. fiction for fiction? twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: stepping out of the shadows

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Mercury steps out of the shadows and unlocks the door. The year is not what you would expect. Tides go both ways. fiction for fiction?
Hah. Funny. Cute. What is that., an "either/either" ?

Funny that we're talking about Mercury too... today is the Transit.

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/transit06.html

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

crossing in front of the sun

Post by grinder »

Yeah, you'd never know it was there, except its crossing in front of the sun, from our vantage point. And what gives me the impression that Mikado and twigsnapper are already on that page and I am on the other side of the room again? A tweed jacket in a bunch of James Bond tuxes?

But I agree with Victoria. Something keeps ringing a bell and I can't really place it. I have been looking over Mr. Twigsnappers posts because I agree with Mikado, Mr. Twigsnapper is telling us the most when he goes off on one of his little stories. More truth than fiction, I really believe that, but having to be presented as fiction.

Or Paul, was it Morgan? or Mr. Twigsnapper~ that told you about the "scientist" getting captured and losing his finger? Or was that Mr. Twigsnapper? I believe it was Morgan, right.? I'll look it up. But who was it that told the story about someone ( the "shooter" he called him~..... stepping out of the shadows . where is that? Did I read that or am I imagining it?)

I could have sworn that Mr. Twigsnapper told that little story because I can remember thinking "Damn, these guys don't kid around" but I couldn't latch it on to anything. Anybody else remember that?

And its sort of a cumulative thing, each one of us adds a phrase or a concept, and it builds and builds. Someone said a long time ago that this forum was like a living breathing thing and boy do I see that. Waiting for the next breath. grinder