UFO Crash Retrieval Conference

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

UFO Crash Retrieval Conference

Post by twigsnapper »

I notice that the fliers for the "4th annual UFO Crash Retrieval Conference" have been sent out. Looks interesting enough and I note that you Paul are the second speaker on Saturday morning.

(If you were a racehorse I would say that you had a good post position, slightly off the rail.) As I remember Vegas it is sometimes hard for visitors, even diehard conference attendees, to make an 8:30 first session. I am sure that Mr. Dolan will overcome that disadvantage but your spot, starting at 9:45, will be better.

You know that you will have my very best wishes and encouragement. Don't forget the pin under your lapel. I sort of think its meant to be there too. twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Pin

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Don't forget the pin under your lapel.
Ah, the pin.... thanks for the reminder. I might have forgotten otherwise.

I also got the conference flyer in the mail yesterday. Sounds like I'll be making an interesting presentation.

Aand you're right, the time slot looks pretty good.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

conference

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I got mine too yesterday. Love the artwork!

The Tuscany looks like a lovely place too.

The Woods put on a wonderful conference and for anyone reading this who has perhaps not already been aware of this activity check out

www.ufoconference.com

Saturday night we should have plenty of military company. The Marine Corps Ball is being held that night. There will be dress uniforms everywhere!

Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Military is there again???

Post by Trickfox »

This is not the first time that Military oficers JUST happened to be meeting at the same place and time as UFO conference atendees. I've seen this before and it's just weird how SOME of the attendees from both institutions tend to know each other. Perhaps they even switch over using each other's attendance badges.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

ooops

OOOOps I am sorry! Wrong date for the Marine Corps Ball Trickfox! Its the following weekend, so if you see an overabundence of Marines at our conference THEN I would look carefully again at their name tags!

Military men are handsome in their dress blues. And with the added grace and beauty of pretty girls in ballgowns I am sort of sorry we will be missing the sight.

But just maybe that will free up some of you guys. if you can get away from the base to join us at the conference just know that Trickfox will be looking for you! Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

hmmmm

Post by Trickfox »

horses, hounds, black bolo hats, and a french hunting horn.

gee...

I wonder what's up !!!

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

what is going to happen

Post by grinder »

Paul,

I have this feeling I know what is going to happen regarding the aftermath of the conference and your presentation. There will be a whole slew of new people banging on your forum door and you might have problems even being able to respond to them

It makes the time that we have sort of special before all that happens. I'm feeling already like I did when my mother went to the hospital and came back with twins. Things were never the same!

I don't begrudge you the widening fan base. I am just saying that I will miss the kind of personal interaction we have had in the last few months.

So you think that you will be able to give a pretty good representation of the "rest of the story" in just what, an hour? Thats scarey. But the cool thing is that there will be so much left to mystery that your audience will be even more intrigued. Sort of like Gypsy Rose Lee and that shoulder strap. (I just saw the old movie with Natalie Wood) yeah, yeah ....I know all the "what kind of Wood doesn't float?" jokes, I know, I know, but she was pretty as Gypsy rose. grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: what is going to happen

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:I have this feeling I know what is going to happen regarding the aftermath of the conference and your presentation. There will be a whole slew of new people banging on your forum door and you might have problems even being able to respond to them
For now I'm just gonna anticipate that as one of those "good problems" to have.
So you think that you will be able to give a pretty good representation of the "rest of the story" in just what, an hour? Thats scarey.
No kidding. What I'm trying to compile is a "summary of the high points" and then something of an overview of the "ROTS." Rats, that's a lousy acronym.
"what kind of Wood doesn't float?" jokes, I know, I know, but she was pretty as Gypsy rose.
Don't think I ever heard that one but... yeah, she was a pretty... anything she performed as. Herself, even.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

took me a moment

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,
I must be getting old. It took me a moment to figure your " Rest of the Story" acronym. You should work for the military. We have a friend in common who was spectacular with that and our favorite was S.H.I.T. ... I won't bore you with the meaning but somebody finally complained sufficiently to have it changed. That was one of the milder cases. You can imagine.

I agree with you grinder.!It is as if we have sort of been engaged in the primary school grades here and graduation day is fast approaching. When school opens again there will be a whole new class, some familiar faces but many new and bright kids.

Mark C will appreciate them I think because they will be bouncing in their seats waving their hands in the air for your attention. I doubt that your old class will mind though. Just makes for a more exciting and dynamic situation. And I think many will appreciate the time we have spent together.

I particularly have appreciated watching Trickfox reaching out with his creativity, looking forward to seeing more of it .......

and who wouldn't miss the redhead of our class? Everyone knows that I am speaking of Victoria here. She was the kind of girl that I would have fallen madly in love with in my first grade class. She would have stood up to me, maybe even tried to bully me, but if I fell, she would have been the first to come to my side.

And LindaB, I have particularly enjoyed your rampant search for knowledge and your steadfast attention to your husband, which I am sure Andrew will admit for anyone following the steps of Townsend Brown, that can't be easy.

Andrew of course, you have earned my profound respect for what you have done and what you are destined to do.

Mikado, my sentiments toward you echo the above. Much to be done my friend.

Martin. Hasn't told many of you that he has a connection with me. We have on occasion "gone down in flames" together, but not in this project. He is a bit of a codger, matches me, but I am sure he has enjoyed the company here as well.

For the rest of all of you out there. Its been a good class. I sense many bright and enthusiastic minds. Its been an honor.

And Elizabeth, well, there are no words. Twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: took me a moment

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Paul,
I must be getting old. It took me a moment to figure your " Rest of the Story" acronym. You should work for the military. We have a friend in common who was spectacular with that and our favorite was S.H.I.T. ... I won't bore you with the meaning but somebody finally complained sufficiently to have it changed. That was one of the milder cases. You can imagine.

I agree with you grinder.!It is as if we have sort of been engaged in the primary school grades here and graduation day is fast approaching. When school opens again there will be a whole new class, some familiar faces but many new and bright kids.

Mark C will appreciate them I think because they will be bouncing in their seats waving their hands in the air for your attention. I doubt that your old class will mind though. Just makes for a more exciting and dynamic situation. And I think many will appreciate the time we have spent together.

I particularly have appreciated watching Trickfox reaching out with his creativity, looking forward to seeing more of it .......

and who wouldn't miss the redhead of our class? Everyone knows that I am speaking of Victoria here. She was the kind of girl that I would have fallen madly in love with in my first grade class. She would have stood up to me, maybe even tried to bully me, but if I fell, she would have been the first to come to my side.

And LindaB, I have particularly enjoyed your rampant search for knowledge and your steadfast attention to your husband, which I am sure Andrew will admit for anyone following the steps of Townsend Brown, that can't be easy.

Andrew of course, you have earned my profound respect for what you have done and what you are destined to do.

Mikado, my sentiments toward you echo the above. Much to be done my friend.

Martin. Hasn't told many of you that he has a connection with me. We have on occasion "gone down in flames" together, but not in this project. He is a bit of a codger, matches me, but I am sure he has enjoyed the company here as well.

For the rest of all of you out there. Its been a good class. I sense many bright and enthusiastic minds. Its been an honor.

And Elizabeth, well, there are no words. Twigsnapper
Mr. Twigsnapper,

You remind of Washington's farewell to the troops. I had one of my....visions..last night and you were the focal. You were dressed in a gray flannel suit and you were on one knee as a woman sat in a chair and you were comforting her. Your hair however was a dirty blond with a reddish color to it. There were others there and we were there because of you.

I hope that you are well and you just were taking the time to state what you felt.

Remember, you owe me a chess game so don't disappear.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

should I worry?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mr. Twigsnapper.

So, should I worry about you too, along with Mikado? You have to admit that he was right. If you happen to reread your message it does smack of a "farewell to the troops". Or I hope it is more the sort of message I used to give out to all my junior grades knowing that next year they would be seniors.

I actually hope thats more of what your message is because I do know what a fine teacher you are. And the prospect of you actually saying goodbye to all of us is not something I want to face just yet.

And I wonder sometimes to myself what this has been like for you really. If someone has the information that you obviously have, how hard is it for you to look around and see the mental density of your class?

I have done it myself. I have looked out over a sea of student faces, hoping at the same time that there is, maybe, just maybe, one or two out there who might just take something I had so carefully said and catch fire with it. I don't know. Some years it seems a lost cause. Then just a handful will show up and take an interest and it all makes it worthwhile. And its always nice when someone walks up to your desk and says "thankyou" So , Mr. Twigsnapper THANKYOU

If that is what has happened here on the forum and you mentioned me as one of those "students" then, thank you AGAIN AND AGAIN. My daughter and I will make sure that flame doesn't go out.

Mikado,

The "vision" you had seemed very specific. Is this an ability you have had all your life, enhanced by your back-from-death experience or did the visions start after that time? I ask that because you must notice that some of the people in this story share that ability. I think that Paul has intentionally underplayed it but he did mention that Linda Brown and Morgan both seemed to "see ahead". And I guess in that Dr. Brown might have been a master at it.

"What is it like?" is too simple a question for something that is maybe so complicated for an answer, but if there is a way to express it I would be interested. Does it come to you in a dream? Or while you are awake? Does it take over what you see momentarily? I ask that because my daughter has had that experience. She will see something in a momentary flash and then has real difficulty in trying to explain it to anyone. So, taking Dr. Browns lead I have encouraged her to keep a journal. Have you considered that? Mark C
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

fading back?

Post by ladygrady »

Perhaps Mr. Twigsnapper is just calling a recess?

I have considered that.

I know that the conference is in hmmmmm .........looking at the calendar ....... three weeks from today ..... less a day .... so I imagine that perhaps it would be a good idea for us to fade back from any questions which at all involve Pauls participation. So I vote for that and I hope others agree.

Oh, and I hope to be there.

Won't say hello though Paul until AFTER your presentation. That is, if I can work through the crowd.

grady
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

recess then

Perhaps grady has struck on an excellent idea. Recess! We can all go out in the play yard .... just don't expect the teacher to be there. He has a paper to write!

I suggest that we continue or discussions but base them on the understanding that Paul may be listening in but we won't expect him to respond in any way. (Shucks that didn't slow up our conversations when he was out of reach wandering wonderfully in Ireland. So this really shouldn't be much different.)

Lets just try to avoid subjects that will distract him from his presentation work.

So thats my suggestion, along with grady.

Andrew (I think?) would not mind answering any scientific questions that you might have (don't look at me with that!) and I will try to help you all explore the various mysteries that we all know are still out there in any way that I can But , agreed? nobody look in Pauls direction? I am sure that would work for him for the next three weeks! Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: should I worry?

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote:
Mikado,

The "vision" you had seemed very specific. Is this an ability you have had all your life, enhanced by your back-from-death experience or did the visions start after that time?
All my life, the time I was...in another realm? .... only made me realize that I needed to listen to it again. Long story, maybe I 'll PM you with it. OK, a little truth. Let's just say it was a little trip to the Astral plane. I wasn't totally honest about what happened in my description before, I was concerned as to the impression I would leave, but you know what? It is what it is and I have to accept it. The specificity about the dream with Mr. Twigsnapper was a little more, you are correct.
Mark Culpepper wrote: I ask that because you must notice that some of the people in this story share that ability. I think that Paul has intentionally underplayed it but he did mention that Linda Brown and Morgan both seemed to "see ahead". And I guess in that Dr. Brown might have been a master at it.

I don't know if I would use the term "master" but I will tell you he had it, I know.

Mark Culpepper wrote: "What is it like?" is too simple a question for something that is maybe so complicated for an answer, but if there is a way to express it I would be interested. Does it come to you in a dream? Or while you are awake? Does it take over what you see momentarily? I ask that because my daughter has had that experience. She will see something in a momentary flash and then has real difficulty in trying to explain it to anyone. So, taking Dr. Browns lead I have encouraged her to keep a journal. Have you considered that? Mark C

Mostly, it depends on certain things, oh and rarely for my benefit. The less I know of a person the better, this forum is perfect.

A split second but the mind interprets it into emotion.

Don't take this the wrong way but I had to laugh on the journal idea. I will only use one when I am seeking a complex answer to a complex question. I just went to staples last nite to get one. The "visions" I have been having are getting to fast to interpolate and I need to make a timeline and keep notes.

Mark, encourage her and don't discourage and listen intently and never criticize, never offer comment and let her intrerpret for herself, it is the only way she will learn to use it, and use it wisely. Her symbology will be unique to her and her only, don't listen to charlatans, if they want money, run, run very fast, run Forrest run. Don't be like the time when I asked my Mother about the colors around people when I was 4 years old or when I told her the dog was sick and she asked me how I knew and I told her that she told me. My Mother was very discouraging and it did cause problems later in my life, but that is another story.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

dreams and visions

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I can totally accept the difficulty you must face even trying to describe your experiences. That usually only can happen when two people talking have some common experience as a bond. I myself have never had it but I know that my daughter is dealing with something she finds difficult to explain even to me, and I count myself lucky that we are close.

The situation for her has always been centered on "seeing" and "feeling" things that she did not understand. Things that were not of a time frame which was familiar. She can be very specific about describing a street or alley, or restaurant, but she doesn't know where it is, or even stranger, when it is. Nothing made sense at all until Mr. Twigsnapper was kind enough to supply us with some information on the work that my father was involved in during WWII. To my astonishment then (and still now) some of the papers echoed the experiences that she had already told me about. One in particular (where a man dressed in a German uniform was discovered as a foreign agent because his uniform was "too perfect" for the district where he happened to be. I guess even the best of intelligence agencies make mistakes.He is chased, fired upon, but loses himself in the city crowds and finally returns to England. My daughter has been telling me that story for years, about her friend in the uniform .... with the fancy buttons ..... but it never made any sense to us until those reports came to us from Mr. Twigsnapper.

(His comment by the way in sending them to us was that this was not classified material and that we could substantiate all of the information he sent us by other outside sources. Haven't found it yet but thats what she is working on now and it is turning her into a wonderful researcher because she says "I've already been there".) As you can imagine, except for this forum, this is not something that we volunteer because her friends she says would say she was "Wierd".

So yes, I understand just a little, and I am fascinated. Mark C.