SARBACHER/SMITH & "Fusion in Philadelphia?"

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: dormice

Post by htmagic »

James Barrett wrote:Perhaps you are right Trickfox. Perhaps that is one reason that the information was declassified from KEW. I couldn't help think though that in a way it could be a very effective red herring thrown across good researchers path, just at the most opportune time.

Exactly! Magicians call it misdirection. While everyone watches the pretty assistant, the magician sneaks the elephant under the audience's noses!

I mean. How much time can most people spend researching new information? And if you throw out a bunch of fresh information ..... how long will it be before the possibility strikes that it is just " fluff"? Remember the Berlin Tunnel? I believe that some of that material is still not deciphered!

Or perhaps there is real disclosure happening here? One would hope.

Hey, I am happy to see anything new but still aware that my attention may be drawn from something else that I should be watching too. remember .... when you are watching a sex scandal on television a battle group may be forming in the other direction and you would not see it.

Yup! Keep you eyes and ears open!

What sort of "spin" are these new reports being given. Are they going to be " space ships from another world?" " Friends or foes?" Are we supposed to be worried about our defense systems? Which of our various buttons are getting pushed here, I wonder?

And why KEW?, Why NOW?

James
James,

Good questions. I think we all need to keep our eyes and ears open and pass the info to this group.

And thank you, Trickfox, for being faster than CNN!

Be alert! The world needs more Lerts! :wink:

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Radomir
Senior Cadet

expectations sometimes make reality

Post by Radomir »

AM,

I have had the singular experience of having someone's expectation of me be so powerful that it changed who I was not just for a moment but for the rest of my life.

Does this sound familiar to you at all?

Now tell me, is it possible that if you give trust first, it might engender trust where none existed previously?

Warmly,
R.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

married five times

Post by twigsnapper »

David,

On one of your responses regarding Dr. Sarbacher you said this:
http://www.ufomystic.com/wake-up-down-t ... ieber-ufo/

"Robert Sr. was married 5 times, the last time in 1984.
He was quite the ladies man, not the stereotypical laboratory nerd. He was sociable and a good dancer.
That he would have a son later on in life than most is perfectly consistent with the rest of his behavior."

Thats an interesting point that I don't believe has been brought up before. Is this correct? If so it points to another thing in common that he may have had with A.L. " Beau" Kitselman. Correct me if I am wrong ( speaking to his daughters here) but I believe that " Beau" was married five times also. And I believe he was quite the dancer also? And obviously a very engaging and fun loving personality.

Of the three Townsend Brown was the quiet, retiring person I should think, His idea of dancing was to stage what he called the "why dance?" simply swaying to the music and holdin his Josephine close to him.... and though he married twice it was still only Josephine. ( if that is confusing, its in Pauls book!) twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Secret Identity?

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote: Correct me if I am wrong ( speaking to his daughters here) but I believe that " Beau" was married five times also. And I believe he was quite the dancer also? And obviously a very engaging and fun loving personality.
Were Beau Kitselman and Robert Sarbacher ever seen together in the same place? Maybe... they were really the same person!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

and did you know?

Post by twigsnapper »

Simply pointing out a similarity and I am being met with ????.

It has to be sarcasm because you have been told repeatedly that they were seen together at more than one time. Unless of course you are back to questioning your primary source? What is a newcomer to this post to think when you throw something like that comment out there? Are you being serious? Are you suggesting that anyone consider that they were the same person?

I thought it was a useful observation.

Perhaps it was worth pushing fun at. I certainly hope so. Perhaps my mood is not matching yours. twigsnapper
Last edited by twigsnapper on Fri May 16, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Secret Identity?

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
twigsnapper wrote: Correct me if I am wrong ( speaking to his daughters here) but I believe that " Beau" was married five times also. And I believe he was quite the dancer also? And obviously a very engaging and fun loving personality.
Were Beau Kitselman and Robert Sarbacher ever seen together in the same place? Maybe... they were really the same person!

--PS
On the deck of a ship about 1960.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

The inability...

Post by Paul S. »

....of people here to recognize a joke never ceases to amaze me.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

and people

Post by twigsnapper »

And people who fail to recognize their own sarcasm and call it humor amaze me. twigsnapper
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Wheres Mom?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Where is Mom?
Elizabeth? Time for you to chime in with

"BOYS, BOYS"

You know what I find so interesting? That Dr. Sarbacher would marry again at nearly 80 years old! Add having alot of guts ( or maybe losing your senses) to being a good dancer!

MarkC
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

over the back fence

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

I can't tell if you and Mr. Twigsnapper are in a tiff with each other or not (?????) but I thought I needed to make a little comment here.

Its TRUE Paul. Sometimes you just assume that people are going to know that you are joking but stand back a little and look at the situation. You are NOT talking over the back fence here to your neighbor. Oh, I know that we all come across as a close knit family who has been in on this story from the first. ( and many of us have!) but there are still some who are logging on for the first time.

When you put something like your comment out there. Without any indication that you are joking ..... well .... how is that new reader supposed to take what you have said? They don't know your sense of humor like we do. Victoria
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Twigsnapper wrote:Simply pointing out a similarity and I am being met with ????.

It has to be sarcasm because you have been told repeatedly that they were seen together at more than one time. Unless of course you are back to questioning your primary source? What is a newcomer to this post to think when you throw something like that comment out there? Are you being serious? Are you suggesting that anyone consider that they were the same person?

I thought it was a useful observation.

Perhaps it was worth pushing fun at. I certainly hope so. Perhaps my mood is not matching yours.

And people who fail to recognize their own sarcasm and call it humor amaze me. twigsnapper
Mr. Twigsnapper, now you snapped one big, fat, juicy twig! You are becoming like me. Do I really exert such a bad influence on you?

Mr. Schatzkin was just making a joke and to me it was perfectly obvious. And what are jokes without a little bit of irony?

Why do you think I enjoy to associate myself with Mr. Mikado's so much? He is our resident cynic and expert for all things sarcastic and ironic.

On a more serious note though, Mr. Twigsnapper, why shouldn't Mr. Schatzkin question also his primary sources? What do you prefer - a conscientious biographer who will check information or a Jehovah's witness constantly wringing his sweaty hands and singing "Kumbaya, my Lord"?

And just before anyone jumps on his feet in righteous indignation and clenches his fists saying: "Be gone, oh thou of little faith," NO I am not suggesting that Mr. Kitselman and Dr. Sarbacher are the same person.

AM
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

sometimes

Post by Victoria Steele »

Sometimes AM .... You should really read what you say....

"On a more serious note though, Mr. Twigsnapper, why shouldn't Mr. Schatzkin question also his primary sources? What do you prefer - a conscientious biographer who will check information or a Jehovah's witness constantly wringing his sweaty hands and singing "Kumbaya, my Lord"?

Sometimes you need both .... and alot more ..... to get where you need to go searching out a subject this important. My humble opinion as some around here like to say. Victoria
Radomir
Senior Cadet

get back, get back

Post by Radomir »

First of all, welcoming dmduncan since I was remiss in doing that in my earlier post.

Second, Victoria, very well said. "sometimes you need both...and alot more..." Balancing between faith and doubt reminded me of the three pillars of Zen: Faith, Doubt, and Determination... Paul's been on that type of "making the path while you are walking the path" with the book, and he's still on it now as he moves towards the publication phase.

Third, I want to get back to the topics raised earlier, regarding this new information from Mr. Sarbacher, Jr.

dmduncan, what do you think our chances are that Mr. Sarbacher, Jr. might join the forum and participate? We've listed some serious and important questions in this thread, and also offered to help with any he might have about the past and his father's role. Hope it might be enough to entice him to join up with and perhaps contribute to this important collaborative project...

Best,
R.
AM

Post by AM »

AM wrote:On a more serious note though, Mr. Twigsnapper, why shouldn't Mr. Schatzkin question also his primary sources? What do you prefer - a conscientious biographer who will check information or a Jehovah's witness constantly wringing his sweaty hands and singing "Kumbaya, my Lord"?
It might be considered somewhat distasteful that I quote myself, but I am doing this, because another thought occured to me in this conext - you may call it a "download" of a sort, if you want.

What is the key issue and on top of the list here: Truth or credibility?

They are certainly not the same and very often far apart, for a falsehood can be perfectly credible if presented properly and yet it is just the opposite of Truth.

Therefore I would like to extend my original query and ask: "What is more important to you Mr. Twigsnapper: Truth or credibility?"

If certain information is surrounded by an aura of seemingly unassailable credibility, then it is much more easily accepted and assimilated. And what is the most important - the audiences are distracted i. e. they do not pay attention to the Truth anymore, since their thirst for "the authentic" has been appeased.

AM
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Truth or credibility

An interesting choice. I will say that the average person assumes truth and credibility to be the same. For instance, when one is on the witness stand. I have watched someone's credibility take precedence over my truth with evidence to back my truth in a court of law. In that case, it would have appeared as credibility being important over the oath that the person took.

This happens so much in life, credibility is more important than truth.

Does this mean that in order to have truth, one must have evidence to back it? In my opinion, yes. But then what about my associates, does faith enter in the equation? If Mr. Radomir or Mr. Trickfox, to name two, told me something they claim as "truth", is it? How about my Mother or my Father? Or anyone else that I consider friend. I suppose that now character enters into the equation.

I suppose truth is only what you want to hear.

How about someone who identifies someone as an assaillant. Swears up and down that this person did this and did that or maybe even committed murder? All credible witnesses, that is, until the DNA prooves them all wrong.....after many years. Credibility overrode truth again. Again, truth is what you want to hear.

This is a debate that presents a true conundrum. Does truth and crediblity go together or are they an oxymoron? a dichotomy perhaps? or just two words that someone decided to throw together.

Reminds me of the word "agenda".

If only Morgan were still with us...what would he say?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy