Evidence, Communication, & Intelligence

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Still willing to pursue UNITY?

Post by Trickfox »

Hello wdavidb

It is now nearly a year since you answered here

If you want to build your "rock garden" device that you call UNITY, I'll still make room for you in "Eureka", when we get the computer lab rolling. If you can find someone to put your thing together as a communications device we could forget about "Thrust power" and concentrate on "directing or controlling" Quantum fluctuations instead.

What do you think?

Have you been reading a lot of our posts?.

Kevin will probably tell you to join in again if we talk about you.

I may not agree with everything you have said but I have learned to look in other directions because of you and also Kevin.

Believe it or not I think this "Discordianism" philosophy is very important for us to follow in order to seek real answers.

Just try using more images to communicate your real complex ideas.

I dunno I guess I must continuously remind myself that nothing is real to anyone else but me!!

I guess I own my own reality!!!!

Darn-it..... I feel alone all of sudden!!

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Trickfox,
We are all one , together in a matrix.
I feel very close to you, think of you a lot.
Watch comet Holmes.
Fingers crossed that Davd will post here again, I sincerely hope so.
The time is better for his ideas to be comprehended , without the left brained proof been too dominant, the forum has began to communicate .
We just need to go with the flow, then it will go with us.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Dr Brown said " OPC, as we will call it in the future"
How did he know that?
Whats OPC, what does it stand for?

I wasn't about when this was talked about, but his sea of aether feels right to me, but its a sea with method, a lattice of ever increasing and decreasing size, that everything is composed upon.

If you look up at night , there are countless stars, imagine them mirrowed onto the surface of each ball of mass relative to where that ball of mass is sited, and that strands of connecting filaments are between the star and the point upon the surface of the mass.
That a two way transfer occurs between each continuously.
That as other balls of mass cross these filaments that they sort of pluck at them similer to plucking a guitar string, the resultant sound alters, a cosmic orchestra.
Orchestral Planetary Communicator.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

OPC

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

kevin,

You are such a wise Navigator that I forget sometimes you have boarded this ship rather late ... and there have been things talked about here on the forum that you might have missed. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference in your situation .... (but to others just joining these threads .... Dr. Brown describes the OPC in his own words. I'll find the and put them in here ..........................this is a response from Paul ... read the whole thing in this thread on the earlier page).........................................................................

"In April 1984, Dr. Brown was writing in his notebooks about a newly introduced addition to aether and spectrum theory, something called "The C Spectrum" or "The C Field:"

Quote:
Now there may have appeared a new and unsuspected contender .... the "C" spectrum. Possibly equal to the electromagnetic spectrum in its range of frequencies. The "C" spectrum suggests a parallel relationship. Could it be that an aether is again required...or is an aether necessary? Can the quantum theory provide an adequate solution, relegating the aether to the boondocks? Or does it require a new look on the part of theoretical physicists?

<snip>

The "C" Field to me is conceived as a universal continuum of energy, a kind of soup in which everything is immersed, Its density if we mean energy content is not uniform throughout space but may vary in the proximity of massive stars.

That's offered just to give you some context for what follows. On April 7, 1984, Brown wrote an entry entitled "The Omniplasma Continuum:"

Quote:
The use of the word "plasma" may be a bit misleading in that it is not the plasma of conventional physics. It is not "hot" in the accepted sense of matter in the 4th state. I use it to imply interacting containment in a kind of "sea". The word continuum implies the infinitely vast extent of that containment.

But the name is appropriate in my understanding of what may be going on. It is synonymous with the "C" field and, perhaps also, the reconstituted "aether"

OPC, as we shall call it in the future, is then conceived as consisting of particles of energy (Perhaps call them minor quanta, gravitons,gravitinos, neutrinos or what have you!) in rapid random motion or agitation. It is essentially present throughout all of space and matter. It exists within molecules, groups of molecules and the regions around and between possibly even to the consistuents of matter. As such, we may well consider OPC to be the re-constituted "Aether."

Dr. Brown reminds us now that during this period of his life, his focus was on "petrovoltaics" -- literally, getting electricity out of rocks. He was, in effect, using common rocks as capacitors in what amounted to an inverse expression of the Biefeld-Brown effect in gravitators. And all the while, he is noticing the same fluctuations that he had been observing for decades in other expressions of the same basic concept. After considering the possibility that the fluctuations are due to the properties of his "OPC," he writes,

Quote:
This is a new concept for me. I have never really considered such a possibility. Its implications are a bit staggering.

In short it would mean that rock sensors (for example) are masses, not unlike other masses on earth or in the cosmos. Since OPC is conceived as being all pervasive. It exists between and within said masses and is inseparable...hence the sensor...regardless of its size would be "host"to a "source of energy" within its own confines and not dependent on external incident radiation...................................................................

Thanks to Trickfox they are in this very thread. on an earlier page but separated by an entire year of time. A subject that was just waiting to be allowed to bubble to the surface again so that it would be here for us to include in our conversations.

Kevin ..... how did Dr. Brown know that it would be called OPC in the future? He just knew because I believe he knew about this exact moment.

Andrew ... when you were talking about plasma dynamics with that walled in expert ... did you remember this comment in Dr. Browns notes?

Thank you kevin for turning my view in this direction Elizabeth
James Barrett

good thought

Post by James Barrett »

kevin,

I like this thought from you very much. Deserves to be written again.

"Fingers crossed that Davd will post here again, I sincerely hope so.
The time is better for his ideas to be comprehended , without the left brained proof been too dominant, the forum has began to communicate .
We just need to go with the flow, then it will go with us."

I do see that there is something special going on here that seems to be unconstrained, yet at the same time it is separate from Pauls own efforts and I see that as an exceptional plus. It seems to me that Pauls chore in all of this is to get the solid pieces together and he can not afford to be drawn out into discussions out in the " aether"........................ but WITHOUT those same discussions the whole spirit of what Dr. Brown was actually saying ( maybe a little under his breath) was so dynamic and so world shaking (that even HE was taken a little aback by the thoughts)....... without those thoughts being discussed 80% of the true importance of his work would be lost............ I believe that in this story that you can not have one without the other.......... And you are so right kevin ..... we just need to go with the flow ONCE WE REALIZE IT EXISTS ..... and then IT WILL GO WITH US.

Is it just my imagination or are you all beginning to see this happening here?

Hello Langley JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

James barrett,
Thanks for the link to,
http://www.noblerealms.org
I have looked through and there are some clued in people there, I will look more closely soon.
I think of the flows as dragons, friendly dragons that never rest, they do fractionally each month as the moon plays it magic.
The more I comprehend of these dragons , the more I like them, and they appear willing to show me more all of the time.
This can be confusing, as its all complex already, so its little steps at a time.
I can position myself precisely upon the route the dragons take, I am now.
I have gone with them where I desired, not the physical me, the other part of me, it is very odd and I am not rushing myself .
I am not also going to try and short cut the whole thing by way of alternative substances.
We need to re-learn a lot about that from the shamen of this world, who have been taught through generations.

Upon a matrix , there are mainline connector points, it is all countable litterally, I drove myself to a standstill drawing it all out and chasing all over working it out.
I am also beginning to better sense the lines with my hands without rods in them, if you raise the palms of your hands onto a line, especially north/south, I can feel a tingling and heat sensation.
This varies through out the day and months at the dictate of the other blobs of mass out there.
I can recognise what Dr Brown was tracking, as I consider it is what I track.
His method and scientific background will have led to him been able to produce graphs and time tables for the alterations, I have not the time or background, but eventually others will.
The flows litterally change direction, i consider this is due to transfer between localities of polarities on adjoining blobs of mass, therefore communication may be better achieved at specific timing?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

what you call downloads?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

Well here is a thought for Thursday just so every day doesn't feel like Friday to you.

I notice in another thread that AM has outwardly admitted that he gets what he calls " downloads" of inspiration. He seems quite relaxed about it now and accepting of it. Remember AM? You just said in another thread that you were merely the scribe?

And of course thats an awe inspiring thought . But its one that you have been saying for a long time Paul. I just never translated it right until I "happened" to be reading this just tonight.

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... eAway.html

"Townsend and Josephine didn’t really know just why he was being “sent” to California. In much the same way that a submarine doesn’t necessarily get its orders until it has already put to sea, Brown was heading into open waters and waiting for the next transmission. His epiphany about parallel universes appears to have been part of those ‘orders’.

So what you are saying in this chapter is that he had some sort of a communication with the Caroline Group which was (how to say it? more mystical than normal communication?) Maybe this is how this group has been able to maintain its secrecy. It doesn't communicate in any ordinary way? It finds people who are somehow susceptible to their messages and then they pout it to them. I think that Dr. Brown was an excellent vessel for this downloading and maybe if the downloading was the same for John Nash. Well, you can see an example of someone who did not fare well under the pressure! ( Check out " A Beautiful Mind")

So here it all is folks. The connection to ESP and probably remote viewing too. Does anyone know if Dr. Brown ever demonstrated those abilities too ... being able to see into the future, or see things in this time but at a great distance?

And check out what James Barret said in one of his first posts I think here on this thread.

posting.php?mode=reply&t=328

"I do see that there is something special going on here that seems to be unconstrained, yet at the same time it is separate from Pauls own efforts and I see that as an exceptional plus. It seems to me that Pauls chore in all of this is to get the solid pieces together and he can not afford to be drawn out into discussions out in the " aether"........................ but WITHOUT those same discussions the whole spirit of what Dr. Brown was actually saying ( maybe a little under his breath) was so dynamic and so world shaking (that even HE was taken a little aback by the thoughts)....... without those thoughts being discussed 80% of the true importance of his work would be lost............ I believe that in this story that you can not have one without the other.......... And you are so right kevin ..... we just need to go with the flow ONCE WE REALIZE IT EXISTS ..... and then IT WILL GO WITH US. "

Thank you for the above James. You wrote that a long time ago I think ( November 07) But I am just finally coming to realize how important that observation was. It is true that there is so much of importance that runs through this forum . Not all of it shows in the book Paul. But can't this experience be saved in some sort of way too. This forum is fascinating reading, anyone would tell you that. Could you publish some sort of ammendment to your book? Something called " responses" or whatever. Some of these thoughts are really great! Victoria
Griffin
Senior Officer

far & clear vision

Post by Griffin »

Greetings Victoria-

Thank you for sharing your fine insights and reminding about those of James as well. Insights and impressions come from various sources, some higher and truer than others. Townsend Brown's were certainly of a high order and we're been made aware that there are levels to the "Caroline Group" and that it has a quite extended, lengthy lineage.

You also wrote:
"So here it all is folks. The connection to ESP and probably remote viewing too. Does anyone know if Dr. Brown ever demonstrated those abilities too ... being able to see into the future, or see things in this time but at a great distance?"

Yes. Since you ask the question, I'll answer at least in a limited way from my personal experience and belief. This sort of thing, as EHD has said, cannot be proven and many or most people would disbelieve no matter what, anyway. I do believe that Townsend Brown had various special abilities, including clairvoyance as you mention. When I met him, he would sometimes talk in terms of the future as though he had seen or was seeing it. But I believe for other reasons too, which are personal. The more we learn about him, the more his extended range is apparent.

This answer means nothing as far as establishing anything. But it may be of interest to you and perhaps to others, merely as a personal statement of belief with no "firm" evidential backup and no further elaboration.

As ever,

Griffin
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: Evidence, Communication, & Intelligence

Post by Rose »

I'm bringing this over from the front page, for those of you who haven't seen it. This is part of the post Linda mentions in another thread that was left as a response to Paul's "Back in the Saddle" blog entry.
Ignore certain avian twitters and catalog and tally genuine anomalous sightings near the premier US aerospace R&D centers. this will lead to the truth, that we have now vessels that could return that ET
bioresearcher, who was lost in the woods.

These vessels over NV. or UT. or deep in the pacific, have been seen to display colossal delta V , and they sometimes squawk on transponder code test vehicle. Gather the reports and this will lead to the truth on the achievements of
"TT" , which blend beautifully with the engineering from elsewhere . The laws of physics are the same everywhere, and they are finite, those a million years ahead are in fact only a century or two ( progress is asymptotic and finite as well )from our
destiny in the stars. Courage, Maxwells reformulated extended equations will require much added study for students to learn some day, in my understanding.
First of all, avian twitters...is that code for birdsong?? Does that mean anything to anyone here?

As far as "gathering the reports"...is he using the delta V to tell us what types of reports to examine...as in the V vs. the flying triangles?

And this is a new thought, to me, anyway, the idea of a blended technology, based on the classified work of TTB and the "engineering from elsewhere". Not that it helps to clarify anything for me.

And finally "Maxwell's reformulated, extended equations will require much added study". That brings to mind this quote from the article Gravity Well had us searching for:

A scientist said other, more dramatic, classified technologies are applicable to lasers, aircraft control and propulsion. However, the scientists and engineers were especially hesitant to discuss these projects. One said they are "very black. Besides, it would take about 20 hr. to explain the principles, and very few people would understand them anyway."

He's talking about something over and above Maxwell's equations, as we know them today, IMHO

Anyway, I'm just musing for my own amusement. Join in, if his post inspires you to do so.

rose.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Rose wrote:
Ignore certain avian twitters and catalog and tally genuine anomalous sightings near the premier US aerospace R&D centers. this will lead to the truth, that we have now vessels that could return that ET

First of all, avian twitters...is that code for birdsong?? Does that mean anything to anyone here?
I assume that's a snide reference to William Moore and his 'Aviary' informants (focusing on the Majestic-12 papers and 'Roswell crash' mythology), generally acknowledged by more sensible UFO researchers to be bogus but still wildly popular.
These vessels over NV. or UT. or deep in the pacific, have been seen to display colossal delta V , and they sometimes squawk on transponder code test vehicle.
As far as "gathering the reports"...is he using the delta V to tell us what types of reports to examine...as in the V vs. the flying triangles?
He's saying 'look for radar-visual UFO sightings where the 'UFO' returns an American military / international 'test vehicle' transponder code, ie, it's one of ours.' I wonder what code they use?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponde ... nder_codes

Nevada and Utah are obvious military hardware test locations, but I'm intrigued by 'deep in the Pacific'. Especially so since it's right in my neck of the woods. I wonder if those ones are based from Australia, or from somewhere more exotic (ie Hawaii, or a Bond villain underwater fortress.) They better not be launching 'em from New Zealand or Helen Clark will have Strong Words!
A scientist said other, more dramatic, classified technologies are applicable to lasers, aircraft control and propulsion. However, the scientists and engineers were especially hesitant to discuss these projects. One said they are "very black. Besides, it would take about 20 hr. to explain the principles, and very few people would understand them anyway."
He's talking about something over and above Maxwell's equations, as we know them today, IMHO
Maybe, maybe not.

The 'electrostatic cooling' patent from 1973 and extended by Michael R. would be very applicable to lasers. There may or may not be any new physics required to understand it, but it's very plausible that it's a Townsend Brown technology.

The application of ionisation to aircraft control and propulsion might also turn out not to require new physics. Would be nice if it did and the Maxwell reference suggests they do.
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:

These vessels over NV. or UT. or deep in the pacific, have been seen to display colossal delta V , and they sometimes squawk on transponder code test vehicle. Gather the reports and this will lead to the truth on the achievements of
"TT" , which blend beautifully with the engineering from elsewhere . The laws of physics are the same everywhere, and they are finite, those a million years ahead are in fact only a century or two ( progress is asymptotic and finite as well )from our
destiny in the stars. Courage, Maxwells reformulated extended equations will require much added study for students to learn some day, in my understanding.
First of all, avian twitters...is that code for birdsong?? Does that mean anything to anyone here?.

As far as "gathering the reports"...is he using the delta V to tell us what types of reports to examine...as in the V vs. the flying triangles?.

How about this rose....avian (something in the air); twitters (wobbles or instabilities); delta V ( delta in math means "the change in" V is for Velocity.....rapid changes in velocity)
Rose wrote:And this is a new thought, to me, anyway, the idea of a blended technology, based on the classified work of TTB and the "engineering from elsewhere". Not that it helps to clarify anything for me..

Really rose, you don't see that? We know with some certainty that there is the high probablity that work by Dr. Brown is/was classified...do I need to tell you what "engineering from elsewhere" means?.....I would bet that if you frequent yard sales or whatever you call them where you are at, that you will find a book on a table with a false wood grain top, one of those banquet type tables with the foldup legs, and this book will have a mostly white cover and you will recognize it...and the weather that day is mild.....just a guess.
Rose wrote:And finally "Maxwell's reformulated, extended equations will require much added study". That brings to mind this quote from the article Gravity Well had us searching for:

A scientist said other, more dramatic, classified technologies are applicable to lasers, aircraft control and propulsion. However, the scientists and engineers were especially hesitant to discuss these projects. One said they are "very black. Besides, it would take about 20 hr. to explain the principles, and very few people would understand them anyway.".

Let us remember that in reality, Heaviside and Lorentz are actually heroes of a sort when it comes to Maxwells work. They enabled industry to utilize his work in 2D math and not 4D. In my book, if it were not for them in simplifying the math application we would not enjoy much of the technology that we exploit today. BUT, that is only my take on it.
Rose wrote:He's talking about something over and above Maxwell's equations, as we know them today, IMHO.

Nah, just the next step.....know what I mean Verne?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

I like Mikado's interpretation of the technology affairs a whole lot. In fact I agree whole heartedly with everything he said.
So......in the end What is "communication" and what is "Noise"?

In propulsion/displacement what is vector, and what is Tensor?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

I've just reread this thread from the beginning. It is like totally awesome, Man. (I had much more to say, but lost the post. Too many windows open for my limited multiprocessing capability to handle!)

Mikado, The Astrologer was gifted with a black and white covered book yesterday, called The Mystical Marriage of Science and Spirit. which might be an appropriate name for this thread!

About the upthread discussion between Mr. T and David regarding Wilbert Smith and Miethe, does anyone know if Miethe was one of the captured scientists, and if he ended up working at the UFO base in Canada? Maybe he was even the guy Sarbacher retrieved from the Russian labor camp?

Mr. T. also said, "There was a path which Paul has been able to follow before it went absolutely dark. It concerns a scientist by the name of Miethe, Sarbacher and your fellow Smith....Paul, at the moment, can prove without a doubt that there was a strong physical connection between Townsend Brown and the personage of Robert Sarbacher. But connections to the other two? Some distance yet."

Someone has said the way to discover the what TTB accomplished is to look at where the trails go dark. Earthquake scientists stay alert for mogis where several small quakes encircle a clearly-defined area. Great quake potential exists at the center of such plaes. i sort of imagine that the TTB's work is a mogi surround by a bunch of dead end trail markers. Great paradigm-shifting information lies at the center of that blank spot.

Also, in a synchronicity of sorts, Mr. T goes on to say,

"Does the phrase " The Boys Topside" ring a bell yet?"

Today, in the Random Ideas thread, Gregg offers a wiki link to the Information Awareness Office. Very interesting reading, of which i will only quote a bit here:
One technology, now codenamed "Baseball" is the Information Awareness Prototype System, the core architecture to integrated all the TIA's information extraction, analysis, and dissemination tools....[12]

The other project has been re-designated "TopSail" (formerly Genoa II) and would provide IT tools to help anticipate and preempt terrorist attacks.
The IAPS sounds like PROMIS to me, but Topsail reminds me of sails spread out to dry in the sun..... not that I think that Sarbacher was connected with this particular TopSail, only that the aether seems to be highly resonant today.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote: Let us remember that in reality, Heaviside and Lorentz are actually heroes of a sort when it comes to Maxwells work. They enabled industry to utilize his work in 2D math and not 4D. In my book, if it were not for them in simplifying the math application we would not enjoy much of the technology that we exploit today. BUT, that is only my take on it.
Quite possibly. But I'm having fun investigating classical quaternions. By Jove, I think I've got it! They're a very definitely 3D tool. ijk=-1, ij=k, ji=-k, I understand what it means now. Not scary at all. It's a succinct mathematical description of the rotational relationship between our dimensions. You can't commute because that's how 90 degree 3D rotations really do work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_ ... uaternions

But if quaternions mean something, then it would I think suggest that Einstein and all the more abstract higher-dimensional maths tools we've created around relativity are on the wrong track, overcomplicating something that is really very simple and (literally) graspable. That there is in fact something very powerful about our three-dimensional world as being a kind of learning environment. That everything we really need to know about physics does indeed have a valid spatial intuition, and isn't intrinsically 'unimaginable', and that that's where 20th century physics got lost, because we got separated from our intuitions.

I also suspect that there may be a link between quaternion math and Buckminster Fuller's tetrahedrons (in the sense that both quaternions and tetrahedrons use one more coordinate than you'd expect would be needed in order to represent a 3D quantity). But I could be completely insane there.

Darn but it's fun though. I love steampunk maths! Shiny brass and cogwork, jolly good fun.

Edit: A simple overview of the controversy between Hamilton (quaternions, 90 degree rotations) on the one hand and Gibbs/Heaviside (vectors, Cartesian axes) on the other, with Maxwell's 1873 equations sort of caught in the middle, and how this makes some of the basic EM math tricky. Useful background reading if you want to explore Maxwell, I think.
http://ghtc.ifi.unicamp.br/pdf/ram-91.pdf

I wonder if this paper is relevant at all: http://arxiv.org/abs/math-ph/0307038v1
This paper shows how to write Maxwell's Equations in Hamilton's Quaternions. The fact that the quaternion product is non-commuting leads to distinct left and right derivatives which must both be included in the theory. A new field component is then revealed, which reduces part of the degree of freedom found in the gauge, but which can then be used to explain thermoelectricity, suggesting that the theory of heat has just as fundamental a connection to electromagnetism as the magnetic field has to the electric field, for the new theory now links thermal, electric, and magnetic phenomena altogether in one set of elementary equations. This result is based on an initial hypothesis, named ``The Quaternion Axiom,'' that postulates physical space is a quaternion structure.
More recent work from the same guy here: http://ia341009.us.archive.org/3/items/ ... rnions.pdf

Having skimmed that: oww, my head. I can see now why vectors and matrices won. Oww.

Geometrically, quaternions seem simple enough to me. They're not four-space entities, they're *polarised* 3-space vectors. They have both a direction and a *twist*, as well as an extension. Forget the twist and it bites you. Add them and you get a vector sum, multiply them and you get a curve. Handedness of the curve applies depending on which way around you multiply, hence the noncommutativity (a left turn curving right is different to a right turn curving left). Which is probably what makes them nasty little buggers to do any kind of calculus with, but it seems like it would accurately describe, eg, something like an electron or a photon that has a spin as well as a velocity, and any resulting mathematical headaches would be intrinsic in the thing you're trying to describe. And trying to replace them with a 3-vector seems like it would have to gloss over any kind of spin phenomena.

Edit edit: Okay, maybe I'm wrong about the twist. They could be nastier than they look.
Last edited by natecull on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

natecull wrote:But if quaternions mean something, then it would I think suggest that Einstein and all the more abstract higher-dimensional maths tools we've created around relativity are on the wrong track, overcomplicating something that is really very simple and (literally) graspable. That there is in fact something very powerful about our three-dimensional world as being a kind of learning environment. That everything we really need to know about physics does indeed have a valid spatial intuition, and isn't intrinsically 'unimaginable', and that that's where 20th century physics got lost, because we got separated from our intuitions.

Bingo! Now you are where Tesla was about 100 years ago! Leedskalnin was not a genius like Tesla although he said our models were wrong as well. He knew something as the blocks for the Coral Castle are twice as heavy as those for the Great Pyramid. Leedskalnin said he knew how the Egyptians moved the blocks.

<SNIP>

Geometrically, quaternions seem simple enough to me. They're not four-space entities, they're *polarised* 3-space vectors. They have both a direction and a *twist*, as well as an extension. Forget the twist and it bites you. Add them and you get a vector sum, multiply them and you get a curve. Handedness of the curve applies depending on which way around you multiply, hence the noncommutativity (a left turn curving right is different to a right turn curving left). Which is probably what makes them nasty little buggers to do any kind of calculus with, but it seems like it would accurately describe, eg, something like an electron or a photon that has a spin as well as a velocity, and any resulting mathematical headaches would be intrinsic in the thing you're trying to describe. And trying to replace them with a 3-vector seems like it would have to gloss over any kind of spin phenomena.
Nate,

Sounds like you'll be the resident guru when it comes to quaternions! The spin is important and spin technology is a complicated subject. Computers could do the number crunching and make the bear easier to handle...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...