Chapter 43 - For The Good Of The Service

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

crash conferences?

Post by Victoria Steele »

You guys gotta look at this. Got my morning laugh for the day.

http://www.majesticdocuments.com/conference.html

Note this from Stanton Friedman? This was something he said for the FIRST Crash conference. The one coming up and where REAL NEWS about the life of Townsend Brown will be told for the FIRST time .... is the FOURTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE.

"Roswell has become a household name symbolizing flying saucers. For some, the MJ-12 documents are the epitome of fraud. Along with the trickle of investigation by serious researchers, there has been a flood of criticism of every aspect of the Roswell and MJ-12 stories. Unfortunately, the critics almost always follow the 4 basic rules of debunkers: A. What the public doesn't know, I am not going to tell them. B. Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up. C. If you can't attack the data, attack the people. D. Do your research by proclamation, investigation is too much trouble. There have been recent anti-Roswell stories featured in Popular Mechanics and Skeptic. An entire book "Case MJ-12" has been published attacking Majestic 12. None of these or any other attacks stand up to careful investigation. Two crashed saucers really were recovered in Southeastern New Mexico. Some of the Majestic 12 documents are indeed genuine. "

Well, He I notice is going to be sharing the podium with Paul , at some time during this conference. Get your tickets folks! Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Radar

Post by Mikado14 »

I know I will get a lot of flack on this but, at one time, I held an FCC First Class RadioTelephone License with Radar endorsement. Here is a link that I found by looking up Dr. Page. I remembered his name from college. (actually I kept spelling it Paige until someone mentioned to try it without the i)

http://www.chuckhawks.com/monopulse_radar.htm

I am not saying that Dr. Brown had nothing to do with radar, all I am saying is that perhaps he worked ON IT. That doesn't mean he invented it. I believe his expertise was in other areas. However, if you recall his evaluations by the Navy he was said to be very creative and worked well with his hands.

I have worked on developing Laser trigger systems, both Argon and Krypton, but the initial direction came from a physicist. Give him a high priced Fluke and he would say, you do it, can't figure the damn thing out. Can you see my point?

Ok, I am all set to get beat up.

Mikado

I await the flak.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Farnsworth

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul,

A question, something in the back of my head tells me that Philo Farnsworth also invented a radar. Maybe it was Doppler shift radar or the application of a CRT or something.

A lot easier for me to ask the guy that wrote the biography.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Farnsworth

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:A question, something in the back of my head tells me that Philo Farnsworth also invented a radar. Maybe it was Doppler shift radar or the application of a CRT or something.
Well, yes and no... mostly no.

The ability to manipulate electrons as they are manipulated in a CRT is central to producing radar. Farnsworth did some work in "electron bunching" in the mid 1930s, but the patents were abandoned in 1936 for lack of adequate finances (part of the conflicts between PTF and his backers).

At one point during this period, Farnsworth employed a lab worker named Russell Varian. Later, Varian and his brother and his brother Sigurd developed a device called the Klystron tube, which was one of the earliest radar devices. It was quickly supplanted by the Cavity Magnetron tube that the Brits came up with.

So, yes, there are elements of the Radar story in the Farnsworth story, and had the man had more resources he might have played an instrumental role. But he was not directly involved in the work that produced working radar systems by the start of WWII.

Good question. Next?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

No beatings!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hello Mikado,

The first thing I need t say is if you think that Paul and others have been trying to say that Townsend Brown INVENTED radar you totally misunderstood us. That claim was not a consideration.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/monopulse_radar.htm (looking at this again)
And this quote which I found very interesting.

"This duplexer solution to a vexing problem (blinding and destabilizing a sensitive receiver) came to my father while in a Sunday morning church service (he certainly wasn't paying attention to the minister). The idea so impressed him that he stopped off at the Laboratory and recorded the idea into his workshop log books. His assistant went to work on it immediately, and several days later a working prototype was installed and tested in a wave guide. It worked the first time. It took 20 years for other physicists and mathematicians to come up with the correct explanation for why this device worked as it did."

Why would we be upset over what you have offered up here? I found it wonderful to read about Mr. Paige. I especially appreciated the way "inspiration" HIT him. all at once. And then, it was written, it took him years to explain how he got to his conclusions. This is exactly the way things happened with Townsend Brown. He would have a "flash of brilliance" one companion called it , and then would spend the next twenty years trying to verify it to those around him. He always knew that he would be proven right because he somehow knew intuitively that "information" he had "seen" was correct. Not easy to explain how that works but there is plenty of evidence that it happens. Thank you for supplying us with another example of that kind of "inspiration" at work.

Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: Bentonite???

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:LindaB.

Can you tell me a little bit more about Bentonite? My grasp of it is really limited but I know that the name comes up more than once in Dr. Browns notebooks. What might be interesting about Bentonite? What unusual properties does it have?

I have heard that used as a poultice it had the property of pulling out toxins from wounds. Is that just a wives tale, or in my case " an old Indian wives tale?" And then you mention a counter for Anthrax and thats enough to give you a chill.

I understand that there are large deposits of that material in different parts of the United States. I'd appreciate any input that you could throw in my direction LindaB because as I said .... I know next to nothing about the material.

Andrew. Why do you think that Dr. Brown might be interested in Bentonite?

I just find it odd that the ONE material that was special to him is suddenly mentioned regarding exploding muffins! Elizabeth
My husband Andrew could give you a very detailed (and better) overview of Bentonite. It is found in plentiful quantities on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, so he says. Here's what I know about it:

Bentonite is an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate generally impure clay. Two types exist: swelling bentonite which is also called sodium bentonite and non-swelling bentonite or calcium bentonite. It forms from weathering of volcanic ash, most often in the presence of water.

Medicinally, it helps to lift impacted waste matter which has accumulated on the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. It is usually used in colon cleansing programs and with enema therapy. These days it is used in many homeopathic therapy regimens.

In pharmacy, bentonite serves as a plasticisizer in the production of ointments, tablets, medications and cosmetic creams.

With the anthrax scare, bentonite was one of the few substances identified publicly that helps reduce the static charge of anthrax spores (causing them to disperse more easily), thus allowing the manufacturers to make the aerosolized form stable. By definition, the process of aerosolizing anthrax is the process of "weaponizing" the spores.

Andrew could elaborate further from here. This is where my "expertise" ends.

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

static charge?

Thanks so much Linda. An enormous help. A single question for Andrew. Bentonite and static charges???????? Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Well, bentonite is an unusual material because it has such a high negative electrostatic charge. Most small particles tend to generate a positive charge.

Areas near waterfalls tend to be cleaner and more invigorating because the negative ions created by the waterfall action attract the positive particles from the air and settle them out. This is called clarification (same name for settling out solids from liquid waste streams).

Bentonite is used in wine making as a clarifier. A slurry is added to the wine after fermentation and the bentonite particles will attract and settle out suspended particles and give the wine an extrordinary clear color.

Geologists use it because of it's expansion properties. After a hole is drilled to collect soil samples, bentonite pettes are poured in and hydrated. It can absorb large amounts of water quickly so the hole closes off quickly.

The expansion properties aslo can cause some problems such as over in Rancho Palos Verdes in So. CA near Portugues Bend where a layer of bentonite is the cause of the whole area slowly moving downhill. Every time there is a significant rainfall, the clay expands and becomes a weak (slippery) layer in the hillside.

As far as the anthrax spores are concerned - bentonite having a negative charge and the spores having a positive charge, by mixing them you end up with a more neutral particle that will not be as attracted to surfaces and will more easily become airborne at the whim of anything more than a slight movement.

But those are just historical notes.

What would Brown be using bentonite for?

Bentonite is used primarily as a binder for other materials - to hold them together. Clumping cat litter has it - feed pellets as well (it also slows down the digestive system as the same time to allow the food to be more effectively digested). It's used in the pharaceutical industry as a binder in medicine tablets (oh, and I understand that yogurt is so smooth because of the addition of bentonite - yum!).

I use a similar/modified material in my technical ceramics as a binder to hold the various component materials together during sintering. Technical ceramics are used in high frequency systems (RF, radar, microwave) as waveguides, antennas and the like, so that might be a connection.

Andrew
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

similarities

Andrew,

If I am knocking on information that you would rather not divulge, I understand .... but this is the way my mind goes sometimes. and sometimes I make no rational sense to a person who wants to put one foot ahead of the other. I end up in situations where usually you cant get there from here, except this way, I just felt that Bentonite was somehow a common thread between what Townsend Brown might hav been interested in in the forties and something that might also have interested Kistiakowski. So far the only thing that pops to the surface is, Bentonite.

So why would Kistakowski have been interested in Bentonite where electrical circuits were involved? I realize that he might have been working on the Manhattan Project fringes then but is there any commonality there with something that Dr. Brown might have also been working on. Perhaps a second project?

Why would Dr. Brown say to his daughter " I knew a cossack once ....."

Is that an indication that there was some sort of common interest between them, or am I going down a royal dead end? Anybody out there? Andrew, your technical experience is a gift. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Chris Knight wrote:
Geologists use it because of it's expansion properties. After a hole is drilled to collect soil samples, bentonite pettes are poured in and hydrated. It can absorb large amounts of water quickly so the hole closes off quickly.

Andrew
I don't know about other states but under the Pennsylvania DEP (know known as the DER), Betonite is also required in two layers under landfills, both Residual and Municipal, since 1988 to contain leachate.

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: No beatings!

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Hello Mikado,

The first thing I need t say is if you think that Paul and others have been trying to say that Townsend Brown INVENTED radar you totally misunderstood us. That claim was not a consideration.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth,

Thanks for clarifing that for me. After reading previous posts from twigsnapper, grinder et al, including a post that you made with a link to a post by twigsnapper, I felt that the conversation here was headed that way. I never meant to imply that Paul was saying or implying that, my implications was to only what was being said in the forum by others.

Sometimes the only way to get clarification is to put it right out there and say it. I don't mean to be overly blunt.

Thanks,
Mikado
grinder
Senior Officer

regarding being "blunt"

Post by grinder »

Great that we have people with this kind of experience that just "happen" to be on this forum AND have such an interest in this forum! Thanks everybody.

I think, borrowing from Mikado here, we should all be as "blunt" as we possibly can. "Times awastin!" as my Grandfather used to say. We seem to be the people who need to be as clear with each other as we can be. Let the chips fall where they may.

What the heck is all this about Bentonite?

Elizabeth, I have a feeling that you know stuff you are just trying to get us to see. So , is this an official "leak" from Pauls research? Maybe something he can't officially give us yet? OK with me. I can do amazing things with a little tiny bit of information! I just need others to make sure I am still on a rational path! You guys still out there? grinder
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Elizabeth,

I don't have any information to offer right now, but I'll let you know if I come across anything that might be of use to you.

Mikado,

Yes, we use clay liners in sanitary (and hazardous) landfills as well out here. The EPA regulates all of those specifications.

Andrew
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Does DHS know about this?

Post by Paul S. »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:(No one would ever admit that something like that existed or exists now, but it is quite feasible. The key is to stabilize the powdered dynamite [or whatever else is the main ingredient] with Bentonite [or pharmaceutical grade silica], which is what they used in 2002 with the Anthrax scare.)
I wonder if I should delete this. Next thing you know, they won't be letting us take our pancakes on airplanes... :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: another project more secret ......

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Paul, you are probably familiar with that phrase.

<snip>

Possibly there was another secret project. One MORE SECRET than the Manhattan Project. I have run into references to it many times and found it again in Tim Goods book "Above Top Secret" . On page 258 he writes :" As the Canadian government Scientist Wilbur Smith noted in his top secret memorandum, Dr. Bush headed a "small group" set up to investigate UFOs which matter " Is the most highly classified subject in the United States government rating even higher than the H-Bomb"
Yes, Mark, I am familiar with that phrase. What is more significant though (at least for our purposes here) is the original source of the remark. Do you remember WHO Wilbur Smith was quoting?

Check out this post from last year:

https://www.ttbrown.com/2005/09/missing_persons.html

Recognize the name now? (If you can't find the original reference in Timothy Good's text, try the appendix. Page 519 in the paperback edition.)

Another project? This book maybe?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"