The difference between Tesla and Townsend

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

The difference between Tesla and Townsend

Post by ETernalightwithin »

I was reading Lyne's book the other day, "Occult Ether Physics". I read this passage about Tesla using AC. I was like, "Wait a min. you can't use AC!"
I forget where I read if about Townsend's flying discs not working with AC but used DC instead.
Yet in Lyne's book he has a picture of what he thinks/knows? was in a German foofighter. The high potential telsa AC is in the front of the ship with a high potential DC on the opposite end. From Lynes's perspective Tesla used high Freq. AC on his flying platform at Colorado Springs, CO as well.

When Tesla talks about his "radiation" it almost sounds like the same radiation as Townsend's. Are both flying using the same force? or is one electrostatic and the otehr electrogravitic?

Sincerely,

Eternalight
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Eternal,

According to J. Frank King (Bahnson Labs time period), they were using both DC and AC. There are some situations in which the polarity is relatively inconsequential.

Also, modified AC and DC use may give complimentary effects - one neutralizing while the other propels.

Andrew
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Heroes

Post by Mikado14 »

cxc_20081 wrote:Welcome to our City of Heroes store! We provide CoH Influence for nearly all the servers of City of Heroes. COH Influence Influence farming services allow you to skip the hours upon hours of repetitive boredom necessary to collect the Gold needed. Simply select the amount you need below and click "Buy Now".
Now we have individuals joining the forum to place advertisements. Wouldn't be someone connected with Rachel Croft or Sourdoh Farenheit, would it?

Video games, computer games - they kill the creativity in youth. Just my opinion.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote: Now we have individuals joining the forum to place advertisements. Wouldn't be someone connected with Rachel Croft or Sourdoh Farenheit, would it?
Been doing some googling on the Interactive Fiction forums? ;) No, we old-school text game types don't spam. There aren't enough of us in the scene to bother advertising to, we mostly write them for free anyway, and anyone who plays MMORPGs is too busy mashing orcs to have time to solve puzzles.

Seriously, what's with people paying people to play a game for them, anyway?
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

natecull wrote:
Mikado14 wrote: Now we have individuals joining the forum to place advertisements. Wouldn't be someone connected with Rachel Croft or Sourdoh Farenheit, would it?
Been doing some googling on the Interactive Fiction forums? ;) No, we old-school text game types don't spam. There aren't enough of us in the scene to bother advertising to, we mostly write them for free anyway, and anyone who plays MMORPGs is too busy mashing orcs to have time to solve puzzles.

Seriously, what's with people paying people to play a game for them, anyway?
Actually, follow some of their links. As to Googling, that would have been months ago.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Re: The difference between Tesla and Townsend

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Nate and Mikado,

Actually, I rather like the name Sourdoh Farenheight,.... sounds a little like the San Francisco version of Indiana Jones? <g> Giving you a hard time here guys but I did find this interesting

http://wurb.com/if/person/122

Creativity comes in all forms and in all names huh Mikado. <g> Elizabeth
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Mashing Orcs... not your talking... :lol:
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote: Actually, follow some of their links. As to Googling, that would have been months ago.
What the? Are those spammers linking to freeware Interactive Fiction sites? That would be pretty darn strange if they were, since there's no money involved in the IF scene. Maybe they're just harvesting free games and sticking ads on them or something, like the Wikipedia clone sites?

Strange.
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Actually, I rather like the name Sourdoh Farenheight,.... sounds a little like the San Francisco version of Indiana Jones?
Heh. It was for one spoof game where I was trying to parody another IF writer who went by the name of 'Rybred Celsius' and had a very, ahem, 'distinctive' style. Never did manage to crack it. I just ended up writing a bad game.

I haven't actually managed to code a completed game for years. Writer's block or something. If any of you are interested in the genre, take a look at www.inform-fiction.org - the 'Inform 7' compiler is a work of bloody genius by a scarily bright British mathematician. You literally write a story in English and the computer builds a text game from it. It's all very retro. The sort of thing that AI researchers abandoned in the 1970s, but the Net community keeps alive just out of fondness and nostalgia and demented brilliance.

Seriously, some of these British maths types, I tremble to think what they'd be doing if there were another war on. Melting holes in the Moon, probably.
Hector
Space Cadet

Post by Hector »

Assuming that you view ion wind producing devices as TTBrown devices, then the answer is that yes you can use AC or DC to power such a device. Absent this ion wind effect, AC will result in no net thrust since the vector of force will reverse and cancel any gain from the prior half cycle.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Harmonic Energy Exchange Device

Post by htmagic »

Well folks,

Look what I found, a recently issued patent to Stan Deyo, the Harmonic Energy Exchange Device (HEED), Us patent # 20080191580.

The circuit appears to be deliberately drawn incorrectly so as not to work. The tapping point of the two capacitors to the diode and then the spark gap looks ridiculous. The tuner is not shown, just a coil. Also, he plans on putting this in the Troposphere. I don't think they make skyhooks that big and how's he going to get it up there, with a UFO he builds in his next patent? :lol:

Looks like Mr. Deyo borrowed from Tesla's work and some work of some private researchers that I know.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Harmonic Energy Exchange Device

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote: The circuit appears to be deliberately drawn incorrectly so as not to work. The tapping point of the two capacitors to the diode and then the spark gap looks ridiculous. The tuner is not shown, just a coil.
Could you post a link to view the schematic? I do not wish to "join" anything to do so. If not possible, don't worry.

Mikado
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Harmonic Energy Exchange Device

Post by htmagic »

Mikado14 wrote:Could you post a link to view the schematic? I do not wish to "join" anything to do so. If not possible, don't worry.

Mikado
Mikado,

I saw it this morning and then I had to dig for it again.
Here's the link:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Par ... 0080191580

Mikado, you're a ham operator. I'd like to hear your opinion on this...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

This is a good source for tesla,
http://davidszondy.com/future/tesla/tesla.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king