Nick Cooks "take" on Townsend Brown

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

essential elements

Post by Martin Calloway »

One last bandwagon entry. Me and my copy of "Hunt for Zero Point" Thanks for the really interesting reading grinder, Elizabeth and everybody.

Mr. Cook admits how he got most of his information on Dr. Brown on page 47. Try this out for size:

"(He had called Lawrence Cross and during this conversation he says) "I thanked him for the tip about LaViolette and Valone , AS A RESULT OF WHICH I HAD PIECED TOGETHER THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF T.T. BROWNS LIFE AND WORK ............."

So now I really need to direct my questions to you Mr. Cook.

So you are saying right here that ESSENTIALLY you got your information on TTBrown by talking to two individuals that had never gotten any closer to the person of TTBrown than an extensive internet site set up by Andrew Bolland?

Am I wrong in saying this, Mr. Cook? if I am incorrect in this I will be happy to offer my apology. But I am only going by your own words here.

Interesting to me that you, as careful as you profess to be, and you have proven to be in the past, would draw on their information without ever going any further to check the origin of that information.

You know, maybe your brain was simply "degaused" regarding Townsend Brown! You mentioned that wild possibility in your book without going any further in that direction. (check out page 26 and 27) I wondered why you mentioned it actually. Do you think such a situation might be possible? and if you have ever had any occasion to ponder on the outside chance that such "degaussing " could be set toward certain individuals? Martin
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

the perfect shape

Post by Victoria Steele »

Hey guys, and Elizabeth and Linda, of course ..... this has been really interesting. Even the pack cover of Nick Cooks book hold some interest for us all I think.

Andrew and Paul, you will remember the picture of Townsend Brown holding one of his big discs sort of off to the side. I have never known where that picture exactly came from but I am betting that it was straight from the family files, to you Andrew , and then all over the web after that. Its a great shot. With that picture in mind just see (really see) these words from Cook.

"The pressure to be the first nation to harness gravity is immense, as it means having the ability to build military planes of unlimited speed and range, along with the most deadly weaponry the world has ever seen. The ideal shape for a gravity-defying happens to be a perfect disk. making anti-gravity tests a possible explanation for numerous UFO sightings during the past fifty years"

Now look again at that picture, if somebody can find it and put it up, of Dr. Brown holding "that perfect disc"

Look at the slant of the uses. If I was Dr. Brown I would have hidden my stuff too. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Saucer Picture

Post by Paul S. »

Is this the image you're referring to, Victoria:

This one does indeed come from the Soteria site. I'm pretty sure I've got an original print of it that I can scan later. This will do in the meantime.

The file is named "bahnson6..jpg" which would infer that it was taken during the years Brown worked at the Agnew Bahnson, Jr. lab in North Carolina, 1957 and 58. I'm not entirely sure about that, though; it could also be from a few years earlier, when he ws demonstrating the "tethered saucers" in Los Angeles.

Other pictures I've seen (and video) form the Bahnson years depict more "umbrella" like devices, rather than the solid disc depicted here. Maybe Andrew can help us sort it out.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

I see the problem

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Suddenly, I see the problem.

The biggest development and revelation in the history of man, and all they initially see is ....... how fast the planes can go, how deadly the weapons.

As Paul said awhile ago. You manipulate gravity, you manipulate time.

Like I said. The biggest story in the history of mankind. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

The Acronym is "FTM"

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:As Paul said awhile ago. You manipulate gravity, you manipulate time.
And how exactly did "Marckus" put it on page 229?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Ignore the copyright notice on that photo. It was around the time Paul came in, and I eventually took all those down for his exclusive use shortly after that.

That is Townsend's tri-arcuate (three arc) design, which he found ideal for field-shaping of the electrostatic field. The complete unit might have included a second ring or plate electrode beneath the device level with the bottom edge depending on the desired characteristics.

The proposed unit in the Electrohydrodynamics section http://www.soteria.com/hydro/ (EHD paper) was coupled with his infamous flame jet generator (which I intend to build evetually here when time and inspiration allow).

Mark Bean and I did some experiments with the tri-arcuate design and his Tesla coil a number of years ago. Typically a HV spark will take the shortest distance between two points; however, due to the field shaping properties of this design, the spark (depending on several variants) takes a somewhat circular path between the grounding rod located above the top of the unit and the unti itself, to the extreme end of wrapping around to the underside rather than just going from the rod to the top of the unit.

Mark. Yes, the control of gravity opens up all types of possibilities. Time being one possibility, but coupled with the manipulation of the actual structure of space. The possibilities are unlimited.

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

other dimensions

Andrew,

And what you mean by that is, other dimensions. Right. Proof perhaps that there are other dimensions which are only theoretical now. Perhaps proof ot other dimensions? So we are not only speaking of time we are speaking of a different consideration of SPACE also. Sheeze. Again, I am speechless. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Getting There from Here

Post by Paul S. »

Chris Knight wrote:Yes, the control of gravity opens up all types of possibilities. Time being one possibility, but coupled with the manipulation of the actual structure of space. The possibilities are unlimited.
So, OK.... I think we've all got, as Mark pointed out above, a theoretical foundation for the time-manipulation proposition. Simply stated, space and time are inseparable; gravity bends space, ergo, if you can manipulate gravity, you can manipulate time.

That might be an overly simple equation, but at least we can wrap our brains around it.

But, how does this manipulation of space/time via artificial gravity translate into slipping in and out of other dimensions?

I haven't quite made the leap from the B-B Effect to transdimensional travel or communications. Some one's gonna hafta 'splain that one to me, Lucy.

You know, so I can explain it to Ethel and Fred.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Even if I knew the answer to that one I wouldn't want to be responsible for losing anyone into an alternate dimension.

I was thinking about that the other day, and a couple of issues with alternate dimensions - assumptions we seem to be making and questions.

Assumptions:

1) We are assuming that the universe is at best neutral to our presence.

2) We are assuming that we can survive in an alternate dimension and even function. If you remember Flatworld, the two dimensional (2-D) being could not comprehend a three-dimensional (3-D) being. In that scenario, a 3-D being would be destroyed if translated to a 2-D universe, while a 2-D being could not comprehend a 3-D universe.

The only possibility I see if if you assme everything present in the current 3-D universe is a the result of the interaction of a higher dimensional body on this 3-D universe. i.e. our bodies are present in all possible dimensions.

Of course, if their are alternate parallel dimensions, then that's a different story altogether.

Questions:

1) What is the advantage of messing with alternate dimensions? Is there an economic advantage for information from the natives, minerals, etc.? Can we use another dimension to travel faster or further through our own universe? Can we "slip" around to the back of and enemy ship to destroy it? Do we just want to know what's out/in there?

So what do you think would be the driving force behind that path of research?

Andrew
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

on vacation

Damn, I should have taken my vacation later. I feel like I am in the schoolyard maybe with another month left to go and nobody is here.

Is OK I guess. I agree that sometimes its important to take some time to get away from the subject. So I will check back when school starts again.

Got alot of things to say, of course, but I have never been all that good at talking to myself! Have a good break Paul. Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

off a cog

Post by grinder »

This really is not that much of a big deal but I wanted to show you what happens when we all , perhaps, take too much stock in a good researcher.

Nick Cook wrote something that caught my attention, especially after reading through the Winterhaven proposal carefully. Now, this was the proposal that Mr. Cook said he would give his "eyeteeth" for, remember. And then Valone did his one stop shopping magic (Thanks we know now to Andrew and by extension Linda Brown). Well, thats a bit of a slight, but as Andrew said so graciously, that sort of thing happens all the time. People just forget or simply don't know where proper credit is due.

But if it was so important, why didn't he use it then as a source of research material? On the front page it plainly says that the Townsend Brown Foundation was established in 1938. An Ohio nonprofit organization.

And yet Nick Cook writes (on page 29) " From 1945 until 1952, little is known about Browns activities, but based on what happened next, it is clear that along the way he returned from Haqaii to Los Angeles WHERE HE ESTABLISHED THE TOWNSEND BROWN FOUNDATION.

Now I can understand his oversight. He just wasn't paying attention to the papers he had said would have been worth his eyeteeth. What else did he miss?

And grinding along like I normally do. I find it interesting that his statement that the Foundation started in 1952 practically erases what that same Foundation might have been doing earlier. Thats fourteen years unaccounted for. So what was the Foundation doing exactly? grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: off a cog

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:
And grinding along like I normally do. I find it interesting that his statement that the Foundation started in 1952 practically erases what that same Foundation might have been doing earlier. Thats fourteen years unaccounted for. So what was the Foundation doing exactly? grinder
Your better than that, do you really want an answer?

Here is a hint, look at the dates when Dr. Brown met certain individuals. Look at the date for the incorporation of the Foundation and then think about what you see in front of you on the ground when the sun is behind you.

Now grinder, take it away.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

halfway established path

Post by grinder »

OK, laughing here.

Yeah, I do think I have it figured out but I don't really want to steal any of Pauls thunder. I am sure he has been there, after all, he's' the one who has given us most of the background information. But yeah, I see it.

1938. A divorced Townsend Brown. Making note of a shipment of gold being shipped out of England. Rumor from unsubstantiated sources later that said he had "a staff of scientists" working for him and a budget of some 50 million dollars..... course, I think that was bill Moores comment so maybe I shouldn't pay attention to that. Sets up his Foundation that year ...... and apparently for years it pays for all of his private research and all of his travels. Out of his own pocket? Like Paul has said of others too .....Maybe not. And maybe Paul doesn't even want to draw those conclusions. But its sure tempting on my end.

But it seems to me that Dr. Browns own personal life and research took on the complexity of security problems with this bonus. even with his own family. Well, at least with his daughter. I can see why he would want to keep her unaware of the complexity of his life.

At the end of it all though I am sure that Townsend Brown must have been a very valuable member of this Group. Its interesting to think of what sort of character the Group actually had. He obviously was loyal to them to the extreme.

The connections thatI might decide to use to tie all this together right now might be pretty thin. but I am beginning to see a pattern here, as I know you are. I think we are not the only ones aware of these possibilities.

A shadow indeed.

grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

normally no shadow

Post by twigsnapper »

Take it from my experience. Normally there is no shadow cast. If you are as you should be, there is no shadow because there is no substance to what you are, you are invisible, people see through through you. They look right at you, but do not see you. Nothing registers.

When something DOES register from someone who has lived a life of "casting no shadow", you have to realize that it is an INTENTIONAL situation, and for a purpose.

Now, it is up to you ,Paul, to judge the characters in this book. Their actions speak for themselves. Is there substance there? Oualities of strength and love and valor? Do they represent qualities that you admire?

Is there substance to their characters? Can you see them clearly enough to be sure that the shadow is finally and securely cast for others to see?

You have seen me Paul, when others have not.

And you have the ability to actually see Townsend Brown, where others have not. So will there be a shadow finally?

Twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: normally no shadow

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Take it from my experience. Normally there is no shadow cast. If you are as you should be, there is no shadow because there is no substance to what you are, you are invisible, people see through through you. They look right at you, but do not see you. Nothing registers.

When something DOES register from someone who has lived a life of "casting no shadow", you have to realize that it is an INTENTIONAL situation, and for a purpose.

Now, it is up to you ,Paul, to judge the characters in this book. Their actions speak for themselves. Is there substance there? Oualities of strength and love and valor? Do they represent qualities that you admire?

Is there substance to their characters? Can you see them clearly enough to be sure that the shadow is finally and securely cast for others to see?

You have seen me Paul, when others have not.

And you have the ability to actually see Townsend Brown, where others have not. So will there be a shadow finally?

Twigsnapper
I used the word "shadow" in response to ladygrady and it was in terms of a corporation. The word I would normally use is "straw". But you already know that, the corporation must "appear" to be legit but is only hollow and filled with straw for a purpose, and it is not for scaring crows either.

However, when it comes to Townsend Brown, I would say he cast a shadow even in a darkened room, it was some of his companions that did not and I can see that that was for good reason. But then dreamers will travel strange paths to see those dreams become reality and strange bedfellows are made.

Sort of like this forum. I would say that you, Mr. Twigsnapper, are casting a shadow and I would say that there is a method to your madness and that that is part of a plan, one started a long time ago and that shadow will illuminate a mystery.

Just my donut money,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy