Nick Cooks "take" on Townsend Brown

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
grinder
Senior Officer

like a spark

Post by grinder »

Mikado,

Donuts, thats what I need! Chocolate covered creme filled thingys!

I have learned also that communications from Mr. Twigsnapper always serve a purpose and I am sure that you are right Mikado. He sees what we see and then like an electrical spark, a discharge from one plane to another, he leaps from the spot where you THINK you are into an entirely different surface! Whew. And Paul has been communicating with this guy for three years or so? No wonder he needs so many vacations!

Thinking now that there must have been something REALLY BIG going on in the 1938 to 1939 period. OF course, war was brewing! Thats pretty damned big. And so, what would this "Group" have been doing?

Its been suggested that they were recruiting other members so I thought , maybe they left footprints , maybe somebody said something odd.

I really liked what you said about the bigger the machine the more the parts, the more chance of someone making a mistake in security.

So I have made some notes on some very interesting comments made by others during the Winterhaven time frame, which would have made it about twenty years later (1953- 1958.) I found some interesting stuff but it needs its own topic.

How about a phrase one of them used. " We are entering into closer contact" So look for the new post "Closer Contact" and we will see where THAT takes us! grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

still a mystery

Post by grinder »

Look everybody at the chord of conversation that has gone on in the MONTHS before this. And now Paul is right up to the time that all this conjecture has some place in it, so I wanted to bring this post to the front. This really has a bearing on what we are all talking about right now so PLEASE take a moment and see what has been said before. And Mr. Cook, if you are monitoring this your comments would certainly add alot.

And, like I said, I am sort of compulsive about this Nick Cook version of the story that he wrote. I am still wondering how it was and why it was that he missed the real Brown story.

And this Marckus character is interesting. Has Cook ever actually identified him? I note that in some internet sites Marckus is presented as an actual character with references and credentials in the industry but Cook admits in the ver front of his book that the man is a " blurred identity". What does he mean by that? Does he even KNOW who this man is?

And this I will dump in your lap for the benefit of some of our newer members because all of old salts have been staring at this information for months now. Maybe you will see something different. On page 142 (again my ragged old paperback) Cook makes this very interesting statement:

"And Marckus, I felt sure of it, had known about this from the beginning. He'd been in posession of the facts surrounding the B-2 and for all I knew he was bang up to date on NASAS advanced propulsion activities as well. For the past God knows how long all I'd done was duplicate his vast knowledge in a couple of key areas. I'd been set some kind of practical exam and gone along with it."

Now read that carefully folks. Do you see something strange here. Nick Cook never once considers that " he had been set some kind of practical exam ....... and failed it. "

What do you all think of this? grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

in the wrong field

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Its my considered opinion that Nick Cook may have seen what was going on with and around Townsend Brown if he had been in another line of work. Aviation was his expertise and he was focused on a propulsion system that he could understand even though he SAID he was looking for something new. You can look all you want but sometimes your eyes can't see what is there.

He also had been predisposed to an opinion by the ever present " Philadelphia Experiment" and though it was wild and unbelieveable he somehow took it seriously. Enough to not question it all that much.... or at least seriously enough in a negative way to dispose of Townsend Browns credibility solely on its taint.

And he actually DOES consider at one point that he is in the middle of some sort of "orchestrated event" but he still never sees clearly. I just wonder what sort of view Mr. Cook will have of the material he collected for his research once Pauls book is published? I Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

DOWNLOAD Nick Cook's book (free???)

Post by Trickfox »

I decided to bring this thread up again because anyone can now download Nick Cook's book directly as a free ADOBE PDF book and read the darned thing directly. I'm not sure how long it will be there as a link but if you register with this website and do a search under T. T. Brown, you will find all kinds of other neat documents. Thanks to magicBill for this link.

Go ahead folks... download it while you can still do it.... Whoever uploaded the book will have to deal with the legalities if Cook decides to pursue. for now it's there for the taking...Highlighted and everything... :twisted:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3008971/The-H ... Propulsion
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Nick Cooks "take" on Townsend Brown

Post by Paul S. »

Nick Cook has his own site now, ya know:

http://highfrontiers.com/index.html

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Nick Cooks "take" on Townsend Brown

Post by Trickfox »

I noticed he does not link the T.T. Brown site on his web page but he does put everyone else's link that we know.
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com