NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
amalie
Junior Birdman

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by amalie »

Dear Kevin ,

I did try to open the file you just posted for Am to scan , perhaps I shouldn't have as it was not addressed to me .

Whatever was in there is pretty sensitive stuff.

I got one quick glimpse of a cute looking yellow flying saucer and then my system went totally haywire.

Umpteen pages of scan, refused to open anything any more unless I installed various systems, and finally told me the link was detected as malicious spy-ware ... I have never seen my computer do any thing like this before ...

Any one else in the US have such a problem , or is it just me ?

Miserable doom and gloom in UK

http://tinyurl.com/7gqccn

They are figuring out how much money to spend on a fix

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7771955.stm

International cooperation makes all this much cheaper, not so much money would be needed if a proper international problem solving capacity, via the global space based utilities was brought in , but then most are just interested in how to make money out of problems , not how to work together across nations to solve them

Turning carbon into gold is perhaps the latest kind of alchemical variation .

Best Wishes

Amalie
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Amalie,
I had been right through that site with no problems, just tried again and my spyware kicked in big time?
this is the pdf files i wanted AM2 to scan,
http://www.shipov.com/science.html
Let me try them first, will post again soon.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Amalie , That seems OK, fingers crossed, I wonder why it went mad all of a sudden?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mr. Kevin B., That web site is a security threat. Please check it out again, as my "antispyware" also went "bonkers" at this site. Good thing I use Firefox and not Internet Explorer as my web browser.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Kevin,

Link works now , wow content !!

Something scrummy here ....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/ap_ ... l_treasure

Happy Christmas to All

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Forum,

I expect you already know ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081224/ap_ ... king_santa

Going out to get groceries .

Will send recipe and update on consumption later .

Amalie
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
Wayyyyyy back in this thread AM talked of Marcel Vogel,
Do You know if your father and Him ever met or corresponded?
Read this through, the dreams, the rocks, the fields, his meter for measuring the fields, see if any of the angles ring any bells, like the sound of music?
http://www.vogelcrystals.net/legacy_of_marcel_vogel.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Kevin,

Strangely the man who comes to mind I only knew as Marcel , no last name. And I can't tell you why but I associate him also with a man from Ames Research. Those two men and my Dad used to meet at a strange kind of quirky place called " St. James Infirmary" in San Jose and I remember going along three or four times. They talked about plant research and the things that Christopher Byrd talked about in his book. ( thats where I first heard the expression " A begonia knows the secret of the universe") which was tossed off in a laughing manner. I am sorry that I can't be much more help. They indulged in drawing on napkins ...while I marvelled at the fact that the establishment had a biplane hanging from the ceiling and wonderful peanut shells on the floor. They didn't seem to mind my company... the drawing on tablenapkins was something my Dad did alot. I don't remember whether he showed them the " Green Thumb" patent he had gotten or was in the process of getting... which was a type of precipitator. The idea that the plant could be sort of communicated with was fascinating to me. One man turned out to be a very good friend to Dad. The other ( It might be your Vogel fellow) I knew had connections with SRI and somehow with Mr. Odlum in the desert. At least I remember the name being brought up and Marcel said something about meeting Mr. Odlum at the Beverly Hills Hotel where he would be staying for a week or so.

Thats the sum and substance of my knowledge . Possibly he was the same man. I don't know what the connection might be with Odlum though. Interesting huh? Dad spent alot of time in the San Jose area just before he moved to Avalon in 1972 or so .... ask Paul for the specifics! My mind fogs when it comes to exact dates! Linda
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Let me again re-quote a portion of my old post, which still seems highly relevant to me:
IBM researcher Marcel Vogel was a pioneer in many areas, including subtle energy research. Vogel was able to cause electricity to be produced from a coil wrapped around a specially manufactured quartz crystal, using pulsed breath combined with intention. Such phenomena were repeatedly witnessed and instrumented.
One of the side-effects of the above experiment, which I consider a classical example of a brilliant, simple and elegant mind, is that you do not need to build elaborate man-machine interfaces. This is the crude and complicated way and violates human integrity.

Ah, to soften up reality, Ms. Brown.

AM

P. S. I know that Maurice is still probably quite upset, but I would appreciate if Daisy Mae would let him know that a Christmas card from his old haunting grounds in the Carribean has arrived. If he is willing to read it through and muster his remaining reserves of patience, then he will get a package in a day or two which will leave him with a pleasant after-taste in the mouth. I don't know if he likes beef tongue, but I am positive that an underwater tongue is something he wouldn't like miss sinking his teeth into.

Speaking of Daisy Mae, a Shmoo can not only be what you like him to be, but also what he himself likes to be - a reptile or a procyon lotor. Everyone has a devil sitting on his shoulder and those who think they don't should reconsider - the following quote is for them:
Solzhenitsyn on evil

From "The Gulag Archipelago"

If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?

During the life of any heart this line keeps changing place; sometimes it is squeezed one way by exuberant evil and sometimes it shifts to allow enough space for good to flourish. One and the same human being is, at various ages, under various circumstances, a totally different human being. At times he is close to being a devil, at times to sainthood. But his name doesn't change, and to that name we ascribe the whole lot, good and evil.

Socrates taught us: "Know thyself."

Confronted by the pit into which we are about to toss those who have done us harm, we halt, stricken dumb: it is after all only because of the way things worked out that they were the executioners and we weren't.

From good to evil is one quaver, says the proverb.

And correspondingly, from evil to good.
Last edited by AM2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

As a sidenote to all our resident animal experts:
In a study by the ethologist H. B. Davis in 1908, procyon lotor were able to open 11 of 13 complex locks in less than 10 tries and had no problems repeating the action when the locks were rearranged or turned upside down. Davis concluded that they understood the abstract principles of the locking mechanisms... Studies in 1963, 1973, 1975 and 1992 concentrated on procyon lotor memory and have shown that they can remember the solution to tasks for up to three years.
"Scales and clocks just can't be trusted. Keys and locks are destined to be busted." Perfectly suits the above fellow. And off to work I go.

AM

P. S. Speaking of Mr. Lotor, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if Daisy Mae's friends were familiar with his cousin Procyon lotor maynardi.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

By any other name...

Post by Mikado14 »

So AM, are you the shmoo? I figured out who Daisy Mae is and Maurice (can't figure where you pulled that from) as well. Perhaps Maurice would be better as Nick (extrapolate on that but then, there may be more than one reason), depends on your point of view I suppose.

Anyhow, back to the original..are you the shmoo? the devil on the shoulder? if so, who is the angel on the opposite shoulder? hmmmm, if I may extrapolate from what you have posted, can I assume that in some instances you see yourself as the devil on one shoulder but the angel on the other at different times?

Just a thought...let's see, 8 AM or so here, early afternoon over there..

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I don't understand this dialogue - translation please.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Interpretation

Post by Mikado14 »

Hello Andrew,

Here is what I interpreted:

1. Maurice is Mr. Twigsnapper (no clue as to the source for Maurice)

2. Daisy Mae is Ms. Brown (from Li'l Abner)

3. Shmoo is AM (also from Li'l Abner)

4. Procyon lotor is Latin for "Raccoon"

5. Procyon lotor maynardi is Latin for "Bahamian Raccoon"

Any help?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Griffin
Senior Officer

What's in a name...

Post by Griffin »

As I recall, wasn't "Maurice" Twigsnapper's code name during a behind-the-lines operation in France during WWII, disguised as a gypsy with a horse-drawn tinker's cart? Not that it matters, but I guess this recent code name eruption does have a certain relation to some of the forum's subject matter in some odd way.

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Re: What's in a name...

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin wrote:As I recall, wasn't "Maurice" Twigsnapper's code name during a behind-the-lines operation in France during WWII, disguised as a gypsy with a horse-drawn tinker's cart? Not that it matters, but I guess this recent code name eruption does have a certain relation to some of the forum's subject matter in some odd way.

Griffin
Master of disguise, or type cast?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3FdIV7FbQY

Some brave, or stupid blokes getting in between those women?

Would it be sensible to be a gypsy in WW11 Germany?, I tink not.
Kevin
fibonacci is king