Good questions from Gregg Vizza

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Re: Good questions from Gregg Vizza

Post by Griffin »

Yes, interesting observations. I like the ping-pong balls in a tube concept. Although the blue ball is still in the tube when the white ball pops out, what provides the necessary relational factor? Interesting to contemplate.

Griffin
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

<g>
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Mikado,
Gravitator construction is not a complex matter.

This link describes Dr. Brown's own work. I am sure that
dielectrics and insulation materials can be varied,
and maybe improved upon,
and the power supply can be customized for best results.
I also think there are other configuration options.
http://www.rexresearch.com/gravitor/gravitor.htm

Twigsnapper,
Yes...lots of energy! I would gladly share some with you.
skyfish
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:Mikado,
You have got to be kidding...

Mikado

***edit** deleted part of the post
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Skyfish,

Great! Build one! No resistors needed here. A high voltage DC supply can be picked up for not much money using an auto ignition coil from your car. The high voltage that fires the spark plugs would work, rectified through some high voltage diodes found in microwaves. Or pick up a HV DC power supply through eBay or buy Mark Moody's supply if he's selling one.
Mikado14 wrote:You have got to be kidding...

Mikado

Mikado,

Actually, after reading the link Skyfish sent, the Gravitator is built like a capacitor. Pretty simple in construction. I'm sure there is an art in selecting the right insulator and metal plates but since you chimed in, why don't you tell us what they should be? I would start with lead plates and a good insulator like barium titanate. And use the "paraffin-insulated insulators on account of their high specific resistance" as TTB advises. Anything else you'd like to add here?

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote:
Skyfish,

Great! Build one! No resistors needed here. A high voltage DC supply can be picked up for not much money using an auto ignition coil from your car. The high voltage that fires the spark plugs would work, rectified through some high voltage diodes found in microwaves. Or pick up a HV DC power supply through eBay or buy Mark Moody's supply if he's selling one.
Mikado14 wrote:You have got to be kidding...

Mikado

Mikado,

Actually, after reading the link Skyfish sent, the Gravitator is built like a capacitor. Pretty simple in construction. I'm sure there is an art in selecting the right insulator and metal plates but since you chimed in, why don't you tell us what they should be? I would start with lead plates and a good insulator like barium titanate. And use the "paraffin-insulated insulators on account of their high specific resistance" as TTB advises. Anything else you'd like to add here?

MagicBill
Anything else you'd like to add here? Nope, you both seem to have it well under control.

As a side note with no bearing on the above, I have decided to devote my time to building a dirigible. I went to the dollar store and bought all these ballons and I intend to fill them with helium from some cylinders I purchased at the local welding supply store. I will then attach them all to a canoe I have, yep, simple construction, a chain saw engine with a prop or maybe just a leaf blower, not sure yet. I am calling it the Hindenburg 2 - Project Phoenix.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Magic,
I am sure somebody has already gone way beyond the basic model, and it
would be interesting to see what could be accomplished with substantial
resources and the use of state of the art materials and power supply.

Mikado,
A canoe...helium ballons...hey...you can go skyfishing! lol

Everybody, have a very happy holiday. I have to work, but I am thankful even for that.

skyfish
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

When I get too far beyond myself sometimes I have been gently reined back by Linda Brown and her kind and simple statement. " You make me smile".

Now when she says that luckily for me she is not being critical of me, (because only God knows how well I deserve that sometimes.) Her " you make me smile" is always delivered with such a large amount of compassion that I consider myself fortunate whenever she decides to say that to me.

And sometimes she says it alot when I am prone to be exceptionally cranked out over some issuse or that. Or sometimes I am just indulging in what I might call " being seriously silly"

And thats what I see you doing here everyome/ The image of Mikados Balloon supported canoe dances across my brain. I can hear Linda saying in my mind ... and she would mean it too I think .... " They make me smile".

I remember Dr. Brown talking about how he and the Smith boy from down the street ( when they both were VERY young) decided that they were going to build a hot air baloon. Young Townsend had an ability to charge whatever he needed at the local hardware store so off they went to buy the lightweight cloth. That accomplished, they managed somehow to dip large amounts of this cloth in melted bees wax because both of them calculated that it would be important then to make the cloth airtight somehow. Of course the next technical challenge was to somehow squeeze the beeswax out of the material , and one of them (probably Townsend himself) turned to his Mothers new wringer washing maching . Wheels turning in his mind, I am sure! It was about that time that their covert building operation was uncovered and ..... suspended.

But still.... that whole deal just made me smile.

So lets take a holiday break from some of this serious sillyness, enjoy family and friends if you all are fortunate to have them. Eat well, rest well. This is going to be an exciting year. This is going to be a year filled with serious sillyness when everyone gets back.

and this comment ranks right up there as being one of the most serious of the silly statements and needs to be looked at again .......

"Hey....what if a person is the most critical part of the "RADIO"???????? lol"

Would it be any wonder then why it might take so long to properly develop?

And as to it all being so EASY. Simply read Dr. Browns first words on the subject from the article on " How I Control Gravitation." The first few sections will point it all out I think. He addresses things being " simple". Happy Thanksgiving ALL. twigsnapper

twigsnapper
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mikado14 wrote:As a side note with no bearing on the above, I have decided to devote my time to building a dirigible. I went to the dollar store and bought all these ballons and I intend to fill them with helium from some cylinders I purchased at the local welding supply store. I will then attach them all to a canoe I have, yep, simple construction, a chain saw engine with a prop or maybe just a leaf blower, not sure yet. I am calling it the Hindenburg 2 - Project Phoenix.
This reminds me of the lawnchair balloonist Larry Walters that hooked them to his lawn chair and took off with some sandwiches and a six pack. He had a BB gun to pop the balloons if he went too high. That didn't work and soon he was 11,000 feet high, violating LAX airspace and headed out towards sea. Almost a Darwin award winner for sure but this idiot lived to tell about it. http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/walters.asp

Remember the redneck's famous last words: 'Hey y'all, watch this!'

ROTFLMAO! :lol:

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:
and this comment ranks right up there as being one of the most serious of the silly statements and needs to be looked at again .......

And as to it all being so EASY. Simply read Dr. Browns first words on the subject from the article on " How I Control Gravitation." The first few sections will point it all out I think. He addresses things being " simple". Happy Thanksgiving ALL. twigsnapper

twigsnapper
Mr. Twigsnapper,

You remind me of the Urim and the Thummim and the Bat Kol.

silly me

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Seriously though..

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote:

MagicBill
You deserve a serious answer.

Did you just realize that the Gravitor or the disc was a capacitor, one being asymmetric and the other symmetric? You want me tell you what certain "things" should be. Here is your first thing, all insulators can be considered Dielectric but not all insulators make good dielectrics, thus the differentiation between calling them insulators and dielectrics. The qualifying difference..well, your an engineer.

Now let's look at your statement - "Pretty simple in construction." If I take some wire and wrap it around a paper tube, I have made a coil and have increased the magnetic field around such so that the field around each wire becomes essentially series aiding or mutually aiding (Inductive coupling). However, that very principle is simple in construction but an electric motor it is not. It should be noted that the very same coil can have a good deal of current fed through it to create a magnetic field which is in direct proportion to each (gauss and current) but that very same coil does not need that current to receive an EM signal.

Now this - "I would start with lead plates and a good insulator like barium titanate." It almost sounds as if you are referring to Figure 5 of Dr. Browns article from 1928. As to lead, I wouldn't use it. As to barium titanate, it is a very poor insulator for it has a low Vbd.

And this - "And use the "paraffin-insulated insulators on account of their high specific resistance"as TTB advises" Paraffin?? High specific resistance?? Resistance to what? I believe you are mixing terms. To keep myself straight, "resistance" refers to the opposition to the movement of electrons. The use of the word "permittivity" is in reference to dielectrics.

Anything else you'd like to add here? Now I can say - "Nope, you both seem to have it well under control."

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Hmmmm....

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:
Mikado,
A canoe...helium ballons...hey...you can go skyfishing! lol

Everybody, have a very happy holiday. I have to work, but I am thankful even for that.

skyfish
Mr. skyfish,

What bait would you recommend for I will be using my "fly" reel.

As to the Holiday, same to you and all as well.

Mikado
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Again from: http://www.rexresearch.com/gravitor/gravitor.htm "How I Control Gravitation"
There is a decided tendency in the physical sciences to unify the great basic laws and to relate, by a single structure or mechanism, such individual phenomena as gravitation, electrodynamics and even matter itself. It is found that matter and electricity are very closely related in structure. In the final analysis matter loses its traditional individuality and becomes merely an "electrical condition." In fact, it might be said that the concrete body of the universe is nothing more than an assemblage of energy which, in itself, is quite intangible. Of course, it is self-evident that matter is connected with gravitation and it follows logically that electricity is likewise connected. These relations exist in the realm of pure energy and consequently are very basic in nature. In all reality they constitute the true backbone of the universe. It is needless to say that the relations are not simple, and full understanding of their concepts is complicated by the outstanding lack of information and research on the real nature of gravitation.
twigsnapper wrote:

Well that makes me think of Radionics, which I had always put in the category of seriously silly myself (as in I could only believe it if I saw it, but wouldn't it be cool if...).

Best to you and yours for the holiday also.

R.
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

The reason I laughed...this concept just popped into my mind's eye
while I was typing that post. I almost identified it as a download...and
was very entertained by the "thought". : )

Like something was whispering in my ear...

skyfish